The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump gives us the "Super Duper" toothbrush missile; and despite his Chief of Staff coming down with Covid-19, Mike Pence says he going to keep holding campaign rallies because he is an "essential worker".

I am at a loss for words.

Steve Thomas

To bad you are not at a loss for cutting and pasting MSM articles.

Just spit-balling here, but I think the risk of incapacitation or death from Covid-19 for most people under 90 has been slightly exaggerated. 

As the meme says, "I would rather have Covid-19 than Biden-20."

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

You're three days late.

Secondly, he wants to add more of his a__ kissing cronies so there is a continuous "pucker up" line.

Thirdly, for those interested in a general description:

“This executive order strips due process rights and protections from perhaps hundreds of thousands of federal employees and will enable political appointees and other officials to hire and fire these workers at will,” Kelley said. “Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him—not to America.”

Kettl said that the order could be far reaching in scope. Not only would high profile employees who publicly disagree with a president be targeted for removal, but lower level employees tasked with collecting the data and evidence underlying much of what the federal government does could be affected.

“If you think about examples of how this could play out, Dr. [Anthony] Fauci could be fired, as well as individuals at the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] who are producing analysis about the spread of the coronavirus, social distancing and the importance of masks,” Kettl said. “You could have people within the State Department raising questions about the administration’s expansion of efforts to engage in crackdowns and change other policies who could be fired. The people counting the number of immigrant children who cannot be reunited with their parents could be fired. There’s no end to it because the biggest risk is that anyone who says anything that would be in opposition to the administration’s policy could be viewed as in a policy-making position, put in Schedule F and fired.”

At least link to the source. I might not get around to clicking it, but it is a customary courtesy.

6 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

The first movie was funny. I made the mistake of watching it with my wife though and she didn't see the humor. What's not funny about a obese naked guy running around a hotel? I waiting until everyone is out of the house to watch Borat 2

I made the mistake of watching the first Borat movie with my wife and her old-fashioned parents, while visiting them for a weekend in the mountains.  It was a family disaster.

(I had read a positive NYT review of Borat that week, which described Sacha Baron Cohen as a latter day Charlie Chaplin, etc., and I rented the movie at a Block Buster video store.)

Anyway, Cohen just delivered the one-liner of the year in his press release in support of Rudy Giuliani.

He said, "If anyone tries to defame Mr. Giuliani, he will, no doubt, reach into his legal briefs and whip out his subpoenas..."

9 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Last surviving members of a political party attempt cleanup after four years of you know who.

image.png.dd57b67ffdfa7249765b29b642556b33.png

image.png.2084ac7ea73d2284d28cec3c367a8a99.png

https://www.thedailybeast.com/murder-hornets-vacuumed-out-of-nest-in-washington-state?ref=home

"Hey, but at least we got the "Super Duper" toothbrush missile right?"

Steve Thomas

Jay Dyer has a podcast and book that dives into the esoteric side of Hollywood and related themes, like "predictive programming" in movies and TV shows.

The Murder Hornet hazard suits like an early evolution of these.

stormtroopers-animated-gif-11.gif

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

I made the mistake of watching the first Borat movie with my wife and her old-fashioned parents, while visiting them for a weekend in the mountains.  It was a family disaster.

Never watch the uncut version of "Step Brothers" (Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly) with anyone who does not appreciate 6th grade boy humor.

Fox News report crushes Hunter Biden smear after network investigation ‘found no role for Joe Biden’

By David Edwards October 25, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/fox-news-report-crushes-hunter-biden-smear-after-network-investigation-found-no-role-for-joe-biden/

“A Fox News investigation “found no role for Joe Biden” in the business dealing of his son, Hunter, the network said on Sunday.

The admission was made by Fox News reporter Griff Jenkins.

Jenkins explained that the news organization had been provided documents by Tony Bobulinski, Hunter Biden’s former business partner.

“You’re talking about a business venture with the Chinese energy company in 2017 at a time when Joe Biden was not vice president,” Jenkins explained. “But Fox’s review of Bobulinski’s documents, which were given to us, found no role for Joe Biden in that business venture.”

“There’s another former business partner who says he knows of no involvement by Joe Biden,” Fox News host Howard Kurtz added. “The Wall Street Journal says it also reviewed the text messages and emails, saying, they don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden — the brother — discussing a role for Joe Biden.”

Kurtz added: “My problem with this is these emails are from 2017. At that time, Joe Biden is out of office. So while it may have been unseemly — if it was true that Joe Biden was even acquiescing in a potential deal with China — he no longer has the power of the White House behind him at that time.”

“That’s correct,” Jenkins agreed. “One thing is for sure, it’s not getting the kind of attention that Fox has given it and the New York Post and others as we get close to this election.””

Steve Thomas

This is what I thought Steve..

Biden was not in office at the time Hunter Biden went to China for a capital investment mission.

So where is the ethical violation if one is not in office, and if its not even Joe Biden?

And what the heck was Trump talking about during the debate when he insinuated this?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Biden was not in office at the time Hunter Biden went to China for a capital investment mission.

So where is the ethical violation if one is not in office, and if its not even Joe Biden?

And what the heck was Trump talking about during the debate when he insinuated this?

1. Joe Biden met with Hunter’s Chinese partners days before they established a new investment firm.

In December 2013, Hunter landed in Beijing aboard Air Force Two, accompanying his father on an official visit to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter’s company, Rosemont Seneca, became a partner in a new investment company backed by the state-owned Bank of China.

Christening the new firm Bohai Harvest RST (BHR), the partners set out to raise $1 billion for the new fund.

Representatives of the Biden family have denied any connection between the vice president’s visit and Hunter’s business. However, a BHR representative told The New Yorker earlier this year that Hunter used the opportunity to introduce his father to Chinese private equity executive Jonathan Li, who became CEO of BHR after the deal’s conclusion.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-facts-about-hunter-bidens-business-dealings-in-china/

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

In November 2011, an elite group of Chinese Communist Party members and billionaire cronies of the repressive regime in Beijing secured a meeting in the White House, said to be with Vice President Joe Biden and other Obama administration officials, through associates of Joe Biden’s son Hunter. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-biden-hunter-biden-china-andrew-mccarthy

------------------

Hunter’s “my dad wasn’t in office” excuse doesn’t carry much water. This was in May 2017; while Joe Biden was no longer vice president, there was widespread belief he would run for president and indeed that month, Biden formed a political action committee, which the New York Times called “the most concrete sign yet that he intends to remain active in the Democratic Party and is considering a presidential bid in 2020.”

The fact that Hunter Biden and his associates had a business deal with Ye Jianming is not in dispute. As The New Yorker reported, “Hunter began negotiating a deal for CEFC to invest forty million dollars in a liquefied-natural-gas project on Monkey Island, in Louisiana, which, he said, was projected to create thousands of jobs.” https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/what-we-know-about-hunter-bidens-deal-with-a-chinese-energy-company/

BPD Investigating Ballot Box Fire in the area of 700 Boylston Street in Boston. https://t.co/8FYA34H815 pic.twitter.com/FNrO1PpEUg

Officials are saying that a Boston ballot drop box was deliberately set on fire in a “disgrace to democracy,” reported The Boston Globe. The incident occurred at a ballot drop box outside of the Boston Public Library in Copley Square early Sunday morning.

Voting line at Copley Square

https://twitter.com/i/status/1320413251470065665

Steve Thomas

If someone is out of office then there is no ethical standard. 

I don't see how it applies.  Everyone knows that .

The other problem with this is what Frank Luntz said, the GOP campaign advisor: no one gives two cents about Hunter Biden.  They are concerned about the CV 19 plague and the economy. Hunter Biden is not even in the top six issues on polling.

If Rudy was going to launch this 1.) It should have been much earlier, 2.) He should not have shopped it around so everyone who saw it can discredit it, and  3.) It should not have coincided with him being in a hotel room with a young girl in a Borat movie.

Edited by James DiEugenio
13 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

If someone is out of office then there is no ethical standard. 

I don't see how it applies.  Everyone knows that .

When a foreign country has videos of the President's son (Hunter) with his deceased brother's (Beau) 14 year old daughter, that foreign country might have some leverage over the President.