The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

13 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Everyone should watch the video with the sound ON!

Agreed.

When there are cameras everywhere, everybody looks suspicious.  Chinese proverb: Go around with a hammer in your hand, and everything looks like a nail.

The actual Floyd-Chauvin kneeling footage in the second half of the video contradicts the "Where's the camera?" crap in the first half.

The alternate explanation is that the rescue dummy is operated by compressed air like in the movies, and is equipped with a "bladder" that lets a stream of urine flow in the gutter when Floyd's heart stops.  Yeah.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

You can't make this stuff up.

It has been reported that Donald Trump will soon give a speech on race and equality in America.

White Nationalist, Stephen Miller is said to be the one who is drafting the speech.

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/6/11/headlines/white_nationalist_white_house_adviser_stephen_miller_drafting_trump_speech_on_race

What could go wrong?

Steve Thomas

Wow, great video Dave! How did the quintessential Floyd clip fall in the hands of such a crazy a-shole!  So he was contending a false flag because nobody was in position filming when they first apprehended Floyd? It's obvious the  whole group came shortly thereafter. Am I missing something? That's the kind of wacko interpretation we could only expect from a Wheeler or a Card!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

17 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Anything less than taking a knee is going to be wrong, right?

Let’s see now... Trump is re-opening his campaign in Tulsa (location of the bloodiest slaughter of black people in our history) on June 19, a day celebrated as the anniversary of the end of slavery.

Then he scheduled his GOP nomination speech in Jacksonville on the 60th anniversary of J-ville’s white-on-black riot — “Ax Handle Saturday”...

https://myfloridahistory.org/frontiers/article/32

You think Trump taking a knee would impress anyone?

6 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:
9 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Given the protests of the last several days, and Trump's dim view thereof, I guess it's only a coincidence that our "Law and Order President" has chosen Tulsa for his first new rally. It's the site of the Tulsa race massacre, "the worst incident of racial violence in American history." I have to wonder, though, if he might be "signalling" anything. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Indeed. And what does the June 19 date of his Tulsa rally “signal”?

https://www.history.com/news/what-is-juneteenth

I don't know. But without googling, I'll bet it has something to do with blacks... something good that Trump wants to take credit for. Because I'm sure he's been looking for a way to spin the anti-racism protests to his favor.

9 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Given the protests of the last several days, and Trump's dim view thereof, I guess it's only a coincidence that our "Law and Order President" has chosen Tulsa for his first new rally. It's the site of the Tulsa race massacre, "the worst incident of racial violence in American history." I have to wonder, though, if he might be "signalling" anything. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

I think Trump is "signalling" the core Confederate "virtues" here-- i.e.,  preserving white supremacy and "keeping the n*ggers down."

As for Juneteenth-- the celebration of the (belated) liberation of the slaves in Texas-- it has long been a big deal here in Denver, since a high percentage of our African American citizens came, originally, from Texas.

Texas was the last refuge of Confederate slave owners during the American Civil War.

5 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:
7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Indeed. And what does the June 19 date of his Tulsa rally “signal”?

https://www.history.com/news/what-is-juneteenth

I don't know. But without googling, I'll bet it has something to do with blacks... something good that Trump wants to take credit for. Because I'm sure he's been looking for a way to spin the anti-racism protests to his favor.

I checked out the meaning of that date:

"On June 19, 1865—two and a half years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation—some 1,800 federal troops arrived in Galveston, Texas to take control of the state and ensure that all enslaved people be freed."

Is Trump going to say that, similarly, the reason he called for military involvement in the protests was to protect the non-violent (black) protesters from.... the violent ones? IDK, but he'll think of something great that he thinks he did.

1 minute ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I checked out the meaning of that date:

"On June 19, 1865—two and a half years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation—some 1,800 federal troops arrived in Galveston, Texas to take control of the state and ensure that all enslaved people be freed."

Is Trump going to say that, similarly, the reason he called for military involvement in the protests was to protect the non-violent (black) protesters from.... the violent ones? IDK, but he'll think of something great that he thinks he did.

No way. It’s a whistle to his fascist base that black liberation will be met with racist violence.

A preview of his second term.

16 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think Trump is "signalling" the core Confederate "virtues" here-- i.e.,  preserving white supremacy and "keeping the n*ggers down."

Oh LOL, now I see. Trump's not out for the black vote in this case, but rather for the racists' vote.

But wait... Trump's already got the racists' vote in the bag. Could he just be rallying up his followers?

(I understand that Trump got a lot of votes from black men. So it seems like he'd be working on trying to keep those votes.)

17 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Oh LOL, now I see. Trump's not out for the black vote in this case, but rather for the racists' vote.

But wait... Trump's already got the racists' vote in the bag. Could he just be rallying up his followers?

(I understand that Trump got a lot of votes from black men. So it seems like he'd be working on trying to keep those votes.)

Trump is all about rallying his racist base.

They’re why his Confederate Presidency exists.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Let’s see now... Trump is re-opening his campaign in Tulsa (location of the bloodiest slaughter of black people in our history) on June 19,

Cliff,

Reading a speech on race relations written by Stephen Miller while dozens and dozens of people in the audience are waving Confederate flags like they do at all his rallies.

Who in the world is giving this guy political advice?

Steve Thomas

Any historian knows how phony that is.

The reason that Reconstruction was such an abject failure is that there were not nearly enough troops sent into the south to occupy the massive territory of the largest and most violently racists states.  The highest figures given are usually about 20,000--total.  When you are talking about areas the size of Texas, Louisiana, Virginia and Alabama/Mississippi, that was not going to do it.  So you had 1700 troops in Galveston?  What did that mean to a group of 2000 redeemers in that huge state, who were all well organized and could bring in Klanners by the trainload.

In reality, and this is why Trump is being so silly, the south lost the war, they won the peace.  Grant, who people like Josh Marshall and Leo DiCaprio think is some kind of a hero, should have had a force of 100,000 troops in the south, and they should have been there for 20 years while all the great plantations were divided up and given to the former slaves. 

DId not happen, and did not even come close.  So what replaced slavery was 1.) JIm Crow and 2.) tenant farming.  This was about 3 points better than before.  But the planter class still got what they wanted, dirt cheap labor with no political rights.

That system more or less stayed in place until JFK.

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/the-kennedys-and-civil-rights-how-the-msm-continues-to-distort-history-part-1

Edited by James DiEugenio

13 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Was the use of that word really necessary Niederhut?

Does it make you feel virtuous?

When I vote for Trump, does that make me a White Supremacist?

When you vote for Biden, does that make you a White Segregationist?

I bet I can find more quotes of Biden lauding Segregationist policies that you can find of Trump lauding a Supremacist ideology.

I can find Biden acknowledging his past mistakes.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-apologizes-for-pushing-hardline-laws-on-crime-immigration-in-1990s-2019-1?op=1

You can’t find Trump apologizing for anything.