The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

17 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Getting Isikoff to publish Steele's info was undertaken less to popularize the information, and more to serve as secondary confirmation of the alleged veracity of the info - as the publication of Isikoff's article was highlighted in the FISA warrant justifications directed at Carter Page. 

That investigation went no where.

Since the info in the Steele Dossier received scant attention — five print articles over a 7 week period, no television coverage  — the claim that it was used to undermine Trump’s election chances stands debunked.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Frankly, I'm amazed that so many people have been bamboozled by the false Trump/Barr/GOP counter-narratives about Russiagate, the Steele Dossier, and the Mueller Report.   Gas-lighting is the one thing that Donald Trump does very well.

I'll assume that we all know by now that Donald Trump and Bill Barr both have extensive experience obstructing justice, pardoning criminals, and covering up crimes.  Have people here studied Trump's truly bizarre legal history, going back to his early experiences with Roy Cohn?

A)   Everyone also knows by now that Putin and the FSB were involved in a sweeping, systematic 2016 op to sabotage Hillary Clinton's presidential candidacy and elect Donald Trump.  The main Kremlin objective in supporting Trump was to weaken the U.S/NATO alliance and U.S. opposition to Russian hegemony in Ukraine, and to reverse the Obama administration sanctions that were imposed in response to Russian annexation of the Crimea.

B )  Most people know that the essential details of the 2016 Steele Dossier have been confirmed, and that the U.S. MSM (including Dean Baquet at NYT) put the kibosh on any news coverage of Donald Trump's Russia connections prior to the 2016 election-- while focusing extensively on anonymous "leaks"/rumors about Hillary's Emails* (see charts below.)    (The NYT Trump/Russia censorship story was divulged by Jill Abramson and the NYT editorial staff in 2017.

C)    Surprisingly few people seem to grasp the basic, damning facts about the Mueller Report.** (See link to Mueller Report FACTS below.)

I will request in advance that any replies focus on the facts here, rather than ad hominem deflections from these facts.

* Study: Hillary Clinton’s emails got as much front-page coverage in 6 days as policy did in 69

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2016/11/04/headlines_emails.png

https://media.salon.com/2016/11/MMFA-emails-Bohelert.png

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/7/16747712/study-media-2016-election-clintons-emails

**  Key Findings from the Mueller Report

https://www.acslaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ACS-CREW-Final-Mueller-Report-Highlights.7.19.pdf

Edited by W. Niederhut

Note the date on the last graph — October 21.

The cable news coverage of the Comey Letter from October 28 on was a dramatic escalation of Hillary bashing.

According to Leading Media Critic James DiEugenio the MSM, in order to undermine Trump, went “whole hog” (5 print articles over 7 weeks) on the Steele Dossier.

But, according to DiEugenio, the tsunami of Hillary bashing had no impact.

Go figure.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Steve Thomas said:

I would like to nominate Donald Trump for the Noble Piece Prize.

Steve Thomas

Not Peace of course.  Piece of what?

JFK won the Pulitzer.  No matter how much Sorensen contributed during his convalescence.

http://richardhowe.com/2011/05/06/jfk-awarded-pulitzer-prize-for-profiles-in-courage/

28 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

"Bein' bought by somebody nobody knows"

(Bruce) Dern, Neil sounds almost Dylanesque.  But it was from before there time.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:03 PM, W. Niederhut said:

I'll assume that we all know by now that Donald Trump and Bill Barr both have extensive experience obstructing justice, pardoning criminals, and covering up crimes. 

I knew about the criminal Iran/Contra pardons, and the memo Barr had written in praise of presidential power (which apparently got Trump's attention), but not much else about Barr's past. I thought there must not be much there due to the way he breezed right through his confirmation. I know that the Senate Republicans are cowardly Trump sycophants, but I don't recall any objection or whimper out of the Democrats. Though maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Edited by Ron Ecker

11 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I knew about the criminal Iran/Contra pardons, and the memo Barr had written in praise of presidential power (which apparently got Trump's attention), but not much else about Barr's past. I thought there must not be much there due to the way he breezed right through his confirmation. I know that the Senate Republicans are cowardly Trump sycophants, but I don't recall any objection or whimper out of the Democrats. Though maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Barr was confirmed as Trump's third AG by a close 3 vote margin --  along party lines.

At the time, Chuck Schumer and the Democratic Senate minority expressed grave concerns about Barr's refusal during the confirmation hearings to guarantee that, as AG, he would release the full Mueller Report to Congress.    The Democrats, obviously, hit that crooked nail squarely on the head.

The GOP Senators sold the country out.

15 months later, Barr is still fighting tooth-and-claw to prevent Congress from obtaining a copy of the unredacted Mueller Report.

IMO, this will go down as one of the biggest cover ups in American Presidential history, and one in which an entire political party is complicit.

Edited by W. Niederhut

William, there will soon be 53 depositions for you to read through, the raw data of Schiff's inquiry.  Please let me know if its better than the Steele dossier.

Many years ago, the late, great Bob Parry, a liberal guy, saw through the whole Flynn case and called it what it was, a perjury trap.

Do you know what that is?  When the Feds don't have anything on you, they ask you about something they know is true but has no relation to the case they are pursuing.

For instance, they suspect you of cyber hacking, but have no evidence.  But they do a background check and find out you cheated on your taxes,  So they ask you:  have you ever cheated on your taxes.  Of course you say no. You are nailed.

They had Flynn with an NSA intercept.  But please show me where anyone has ever been prosecuted for the Logan Act? Especially with no malignant intent. (Nixon was a different matter since that was close to treason.)

The Flynn case shows just how there was no there there.  And it all owed to the irresponsible printing of the Steele Dossier by Buzzfeed and the endless recycling of this through the so called liberal blogosphere. What angers me is that there were so many ways to criticize Trump for so many things he did.  And they chose this.  I don't understand it. 

The JFK case is not a conspiracy, but this is? That is the kind of culture we live in.🤮

Edited by James DiEugenio

15 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Trump explains why he ‘fired’ Flynn

By Anna Sanders

New York Post

Dec. 2, 2017

https://nypost.com/2017/12/02/trump-explains-why-he-fired-flynn/

If there's one thing that Donald Trump can't tolerate it's a xxxx.

Oops, I forgot you can't use that word here. Trump can't tolerate, uh, prevaricators.

Edited by Ron Ecker

On 5/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

Note the date on the last graph — October 21.

The cable news coverage of the Comey Letter from October 28 on was a dramatic escalation of Hillary bashing.

According to Leading Media Critic James DiEugenio the MSM, in order to undermine Trump, went “whole hog” (5 print articles over 7 weeks) on the Steele Dossier.

But, according to DiEugenio, the tsunami of Hillary bashing had no impact.

Go figure.

For Cliff, and Mr. Niederhut, what do you make of the fact that the two media orgs that did the most damage to the Democratic candidate  during the 2016 election are the liberal darlings the WP and NYT? Were editorial decisions made to help Trump get elected? It sure looks that way. Ironically perhaps, the Radical Left also played into Trump’s hands, just like they are doing now. Over the years I’ve appreciated their criticisms of the Democratic Party and their unwavering support of US foreign policies. But it was, and is, a surprise to me that they don’t weigh those criticisms against the very real possibility that by helping Trump in this way they are ushering in a truly fascist regime. The biggest danger we ALL face is the reorganization of the Radical Right that has been facilitated by this administration. Protestors, armed in military garb, march to the steps of the Michigan State House and no one does a thing. In this era of global instant communications the fully armed Radical Right has become a huge threat. If one man can blow up the Oklahoma Federal building what are these organized storm troopers capable of? They are far more dangerous than any Islamic Jihad. Combine these armed to the teeth citizen White Power groups with Eric Prince and his private army and you’ve got an insurrection. Look back at history to the years leading up to Hitler’s regime. The Communists, with their ideological blinders, were unprepared to moderate their political beliefs for the greater good of preserving some form of Democracy, flawed that it was. I view Bob Parry’s Global Research in much the same way.