The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Meanwhile, in the real world the Trump corruption hammer is poised to fall:

NY prosecutors say Trump investigation extends beyond hush money payments

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEF9pUUDCTs6fVsi0XAZeeEYqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowocv1CjCSptoCMPrTpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen 

D.A. Is Investigating Trump and His Company Over Fraud, Filing Suggests

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/donald-trump-taxes-cyrus-vance.html

All the more reason why he won't leave office. The White House is so much more comfortable than jail.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Bernie Sanders is irrelevant. Biden will win what election there is, but it won't make any difference because it was "fraud, fraud, fraud." Trump will stay unless the military removes him, and what are the chances of that? If the military tried to make a move, he would tweet them into retreat.

On January 20th Roberts will swear in the next President and it won't make any difference who's howling about what. Pretty much a done deal. The Secret Service will then be under the auspices of POTUS and there isn't anything that can be done about it. Should Trump, having lost the election, try to remain resident in the White House, they will evict him.

41 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

On January 20th Roberts will swear in the next President and it won't make any difference who's howling about what. Pretty much a done deal. The Secret Service will then be under the auspices of POTUS and there isn't anything that can be done about it. Should Trump, having lost the election, try to remain resident in the White House, they will evict him.

The election is going to be a mess, much worse than 2000 with its hanging chads etc., with a postal service that Trump has crippled if it even exists in November for lack of funds. (At this moment the Republicans are resisting assistance to the postal service, one of the things holding up the new stimulus bill. They would rather let people starve than try to have an orderly election which Democrats would win. The corruption in this administration is on a wide screen in living color.) That's on top of Trump's drumbeat of the biggest electoral fraud in history, and plenty of Americans still listen to him no matter what nonsense he utters. His former right-hand man Michael Cohen testified that there would be no peaceful transition of power and I fear that Cohen knew what he was talking about. Trump is going to do anything and everything he can to steal the election, and it helps to be in control of the executive branch and have sycophants running things like the DOJ, the Senate and the crippled postal service. I see no cause for optimism whatsoever.

Edited by Ron Ecker

44 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

As of today, all Joint Chief’s are Trump appointees. I’m sure you guys can spin a martial law narrative out of that little factoid.

Separately the Twins are losing 4 to 1 against Pittsburgh. 

All Trump appointees are loyal only to Donald  Trump.

Just ask Neil Gorsuch.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Not bad after months of fighting the Kung flu.

1DC4028D-F660-4B5D-BAEC-C4D977299D29.thumb.jpeg.77f40e610c69b4d3d39c9dd5947f6583.jpeg

I think Obama was busy fighting off rumors his wife was a man at that point in 2012.

Remember, Republicans give wrong answers to pollsters because we think it’s funny when the MSM gets all worked up about the certainty of something and ends up fantasticaly wrong; like many of you guys here.

I wish Rasmussen didn’t have the approval of Blacks behind a paywall. Some of you might drown from the tears trapped in your Covid masks since it was over 40% a few weeks ago.

Kirk, please don’t run to the moderators like you usually do and say I am threatening to drown people. Try not to be such a p. 

Hahaha this is hysterical! Please keep these coming! While you're at put all your life savings ,on Trump in Vegas! From Rasmussen:

Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel. The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 1,500 Likely Voters is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results are available for Platinum Members.

IOW Online survey. Keep those classics coming Robert!

5 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

The election is going to be a mess, much worse than 2000 with its hanging chads etc., with a postal service that Trump has crippled if it even exists in November for lack of funds. (At this moment the Republicans are resisting assistance to the postal service, one of the things holding up the new stimulus bill. They would rather let people starve than try to have an orderly election which Democrats would win. The corruption in this administration is on a wide screen in living color.) That's on top of Trump's drumbeat of the biggest electoral fraud in history, and plenty of Americans still listen to him no matter what nonsense he utters. His former right-hand man Michael Cohen testified that there would be no peaceful transition of power and I fear that Cohen knew what he was talking about. Trump is going to do anything and everything he can to steal the election, and it helps to be in control of the executive branch and have sycophants running things like the DOJ, the Senate and the crippled postal service. I see no cause for optimism whatsoever.

Michael Moore was one of the few on the left to predict Trump's election in 2016.

My fear is that he was prescient again when, in 2018, he said:

"Sadly, Trump is not going to leave, he plans to be re-elected, he loves the term ‘president for life.’ The only way that we’re going to stop this is eventually we’re all going to have to put our bodies on the line. You’re going to have to be willing to do this.”

That's interesting, I wonder what Michael Moore means when he says  we're going to have to "put our bodies on the line". Moore gets a lot of credit in 2016. Actually back in 2016, Michael Moore was wrong, He expressed fear that Trump would win the popular vote, which he didn't. A lot of people thought that the results might be reversed with HC winning the electoral and Trump winning the popular vote. That's what Trump was threatening about. No polls were coming out with Trump winning the Electoral College.

I hear all these things from people saying HC was up by over 5 on election Day.I think she was over 5-7 points up only once in the entire campaign. The the polls I was looking at election day showed it close. Hillary up by 3 with a 2% margin of error. And Hillary ended up winning by 2.1%!  Still the fact that Trump won, while impressive, has stoked this aura of invincibility among Trump supporters. There was always that factor that people would be too embarrassed to admit they were voting for Trump. But the Trump people have pretty much come out of the closet now.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

55 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

Michael Moore was one of the few on the left to predict Trump's election in 2016.

I’m a fan of Michael Moore — saw him live at San Francisco State in 2003 or so.  But I’m not a fan of this prediction.  If he’d predicted that James Comey would re-open the Clinton e-mail investigation 11 days before the election then Moore would have something to brag about.

Without Comey’s intervention Clinton cruises to victory.  On the morning of October 28 there were 3 stories in the cable news cycle — the continuing controversy over the Access Hollywood tape, the continuing controversy over Trump’s refusal to release his tax returns, and a new poll showing Clinton up by 10.

By midday 10/28/16 until Election Day there was only one story in the cable news cycle — Hillary’s e-mails.  You could feel the air go out of her campaign.  I was so uptight over that period my cat had a nervous reaction.

So I don’t give points to anyone who predicted a Trump victory unless they acknowledged Comey’s interference.

24 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
That's interesting, I wonder what Michael Moore means when he says  we're going to have to "put our bodies on the line". Moore gets a lot of credit in 2016. Actually back in 2016, Michael Moore was wrong, He expressed fear that Trump would win the popular vote, which he didn't. A lot of people thought that the results might be reversed with HC winning the electoral and Trump winning the popular vote. That's what Trump was threatening about. No polls were coming out with Trump winning the Electoral College.

I hear all these things from people saying HC was up by over 5 on election Day.I think she was over 5-7 points up only once in the entire campaign. The the polls I was looking at election day showed it close. Hillary up by 3 with a 2% margin of error. And Hillary ended up winning by 2.1%!  Still the fact that Trump won, while impressive, has stoked this aura of invincibility among Trump supporters. There was always that factor that people would be too embarrassed to admit they were voting for Trump. But the Trump people have pretty much come out of the closet now.

Yeah there are quite a few less Republican voters now than when they got conned by this clown. I doubt he'll win Florida much less the other swing States and state election officials haven't played all their cards yet. Trump will cry like a baby for sure along with the usual stupids but his true colors have been shown. He's a goner.

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
That's interesting, I wonder what Michael Moore means when he says  we're going to have to "put our bodies on the line".

I suppose that, in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed over 155,000 Americans, just showing up at a polling place is putting your body on the line. 

7 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

I suppose that, in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed over 155,000 Americans, just showing up at a polling place is putting your body on the line. 

That's the thing. Trump is hoping that in-person voting will kill more Democrats than Republicans. He's so stupid it doesn't occur to him that they will have already voted before they die.

Have you noticed that Donald Trump's "press conferences" are following a script?

He spends about 80% of his time boasting about his accomplishments, then insults various people and bashes the media, then takes one or two questions, then rushes offstage.

Lately, he has been planting a reporter from OANN in the back of the room. He turns to that reporter for a final question. The reporter asks a leading question that allows Trump to plant an idea or suggestion with no follow-up.

Last night, the reporter asked if Trump was thinking about some kind of Executive Order relating to mail-in ballots. What led up to that? The question came completely out of left field.

If Trump is saying that mail-in voting is fraudulent, is he going to issue some kind of Executive Order saying that universal voting by mail constitutes mail fraud?

Have you ever closely watched his body language as he leaves the stage? His head is slumped and his shoulders are sagged. He knows what he is doing is wrong. He looks guilty as hell.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

There was no "Trump derangement syndrome": We were right about him all along

Those of us who warned America that fascism was coming were called hysterical alarmists. How does that feel now?

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/04/there-was-no-trump-derangement-syndrome-we-were-right-about-him-all-along/