The Education Forum

The Killing Of America

Hey Jeff, I think your PM did a pretty good job. I love the pause.       Definitely doing the social distance gig too!

"Perhaps "battle space" was not the appropriate word, but this is a political time , being an election year."   Our Secretary of Defense, Esper.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLK had a dream.  I'm having a nightmare. 😬

This is like a scene out of a dystopian movie.

Soldiers Amassed on Steps of Lincoln Memorial After Pentagon Alert

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/soldiers-amassed-on-steps-of-lincoln-memorial-after-pentagon-alert/ar-BB14YggV

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB14YggI.img?h=421&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Edited by W. Niederhut

It really is, I agree.

That monument should not be occupied by the military to keep the people out. 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

It really is, I agree.

That monument should not be occupied by the military to keep the people out. 

I’m not sure that’s our military. Could as easily be Eric Prince’s Brown Shirts.

Trump is now defending his bible holding photo-op in front of the St. Johns church as justified by it's "symbolic" importance.

Obviously, whoever planned and ok'd this battle uniformed military troop presence photo-op in front of the Lincoln Memorial did this for the same psyop reason.

Same with the huge military helicopters flying over and very low above protesters.

Trump loves ordering displays of intimidating military power.

Remember the troop movement to the border photos when we were being invaded by the dangerous hordes of Central American poverty enemies?

Trump wanted a great exhibition of military power parade with tanks and jets that we hadn't seen since Cold War Soviet ones back during the cold war.

Trump also bolstered the White Supremacists/Neo-Nazis sentiment in the Charlottesville demonstrations by publicly stating "there are very fine people on both sides." No call to bring in the military to stop the violence there including murder though.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Yeah Joe,  I can't wait for the big July 4 parade with all the American military hardware and Trump (er., I mean US flags).  We have people running for political office in my state (GA) running ads which stating that they will be there to "stand with Trump".  No mention of standing for any particular republican or democratic principles or anything of that sort - just stand by and reinforce whatever Trump wants.  To me, this is a little chilling over and above the normal party divide.

Seems he has lost the military. This by James Maddis

IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

America's secret police.

Trump Has Flooded DC With Law Enforcement Officers Who Won’t Identify Themselves

By Dan Friedman

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/trump-has-flooded-dc-with-law-enforcement-officers-who-wont-identify-themselves/

They’re not Blackwater. But it’s fair to ask.”

“American citizens are left confronting unidentified apparent paramilitary police with no way of knowing what legal authority, if any, these forces vested with the power to kill us possess. That is not occurring in Ukraine, where Russia’s “little green men” occupy parts of Donbass, or in dystopian fiction. It’s happening today, a few feet from the White House.”

“The badge on the left shoulder of one officer appears to be from a “Disturbance Control Team” at the Bureau of Prisons, my colleague Russ Choma found. Again, federal riot police.”

On Wednesday afternoon, Garrett Haake, an MSNBC reporter, tweeted pictures of unidentified law enforcement officers with name plates and insignias removed. Haake said the officers refused to identify themselves.

Back outside the White House. Today the perimeter has been pushed back another half block. Federal law enforcement of some kind, but they won’t identify themselves, and all insignias and name plates have been removed.”

“In a tweet that included my photo of unidentified federal officers by the Navy Memorial, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said Wednesday night that he plans to introduce legislation to require that uniformed federal officers doing domestic security work identify what agency or military branch they work for.

We cannot tolerate an American secret police.
I will be introducing legislation to require uniformed federal officers performing any domestic security duties to clearly identify what military branch or agency they represent. pic.twitter.com/2kaFAlWUow
— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) June 4, 2020
image.png.92e9fedcf6d5eb57505ac5e733aec0f1.png
image.png.a8504736c04afacc69862964f9e848d9.png
Steve Thomas
Edited by Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Seems he has lost the military. This by James Maddis

IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

Now THAT ( Mattis's editorial above ) is what America needs to read and hear from our highest leaders.

The most coherent and inspiring leadership commentary I have come across in all this nation dividing, traumatizing and exhausting and anxiety causing madness under Trump.

Mattis's assessment is powerfully and aggressively stark in it's across-the-board condemnation of Trump and his failed and dangerous leadership and even more remarkable coming from one of Trump's own early cabinet picks. A highest rank military man that at first I thought was just another blindly loyal Trump authoritarian rule follower and promoter.

It seems I was very wrong on this take of Mattis.

It seems like a sea change in many of our highest rungs of former high ranking military, intelligence and other government leader circles ( and many previously less Trump criticizing media editorial boards ) in just the last few days in how public they are going with their strongest condemnations and warnings about Trump and his abuse of power and our Constitutional foundation of individual rights and equal justice for all.

Trump's speeches and tweets are sounding more and more like the Philippine dictator Duterte's public warnings to protesters in his own country where he comes right out and tells them of the dire consequences in punishment if they dare to keep protesting.

Trump truly does seem "off the rails" even more now than his previous 3 years of super aggressive authoritarian actions and words.

I think the current wave of editorial condemnation and warnings from extremely  high areas of leadership we have not heard from until now is a sign that even they feel Trump's constitution line crossing must be acknowledged and addressed in the most serious way in the public realm.

Thank you General Mattis.

I hope your words of warning regards Trump are widely reported and published in every major area of our media and read and taken seriously by something more than a minority of our citizens.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Re: The Peterson false flag story, infiltrating the protestors and knocking out windows.-- Obviously the acts of vandalism  are so numerous now, they're not much of a story. It's the allegation that the police are involved in a false flag operation to frame the protestors. That is a big story!  I sent the Peterson pictures and story to my daughter and she sent back a politifacts fact check repudiation of the story. This is solely based on Peterson's Police Department conducting an investigation about the whereabouts of Peterson in the time in question.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/may/29/fact-checking-misinformation-about-george-floyd-pr/