The Education Forum

Ghislaine Maxwell arrested by FBI

11 hours ago, Rob Couteau said:

From Whitney Webb's Twitter thread:

"1/2 Having now read the SDNY indictment of Ghislaine Maxwell, one thing stands out. The charges are mainly for enticing minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts specifically w Epstein and there is also a perjury charge ....

2/2 However, the indictment says Maxwell herself sexually abused the victims but WASN'T charged for that. In other words, they admit that she sexually assaulted minors but is only charged her for enticing minors to travel for abuse by Epstein, NOT her. Slap on the wrist incoming."

"Short thread on some things to consider re: reports of Ghislaine's arrest.
1. They waited until after Bill Barr fired G Berman
2. They reportedly arrested her in NH, they've known where she is this whole time, waited till now. Why now?
3. If Ghislaine goes to prison, she'll get suicided. Remember they took out her dad when he became a liability to Israeli Intel.
4. Sponsors of the Epstein - Maxwell op no longer need sex blackmail, all tech-based now, they want this scandal tied up and memory holed.
5. The crazy news cycle, between covid19, protests, global tensions, econ collapse, ensures that people's attention will be less focused on her arrest than Epstein's a year ago
6. Plays into Trump's reelection by bolstering (false) claim that he is "taking down the pedos"
Whitney Webb
7. Initial arrest doesn't necessarily mean Ghislaine is going to prison or will be held accountable for anything
8. The fact the FBI won't even touch or question Les Wexner ("head of the snake" of the whole op) tells you that any effort to go after Ghislaine is superficial
We'll see what they say at the press conference, but remember that it's their actions that matter and that need to be watched, not their press conference rhetoric. New SDNY guy was installed by Barr (Berman was fired) right before this arrest happened." Whitney Webb@_whitneywebb

Am I missing something or is there more to the story of SDNYs new  "guy" (actually Berman's deputy "Gal" Audrey Strauss)? She's the person who signed the indictment. I get distracted by mistakes like this, if it is.

None of this preempts superceding indictments left out due to plea arrangements. The abuse accusations would be more difficult to secure a conviction on btw.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ron Ecker said:

It's time for Trump/Barr to fire another FBI director.

And it might shed light on the firing of SDNY Prosecutor. They knew this was coming. #metoo (squared, or cubed).

edit** I see this was covered by @Bob Ness

Edited by Michael Clark

11 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

And it might shed light on the firing of SDNY Prosecutor. They knew this was coming. #metoo (squared, or cubed).

edit** I see this was covered by @Bob Ness

I don't know but I wonder if they can move this prosecution, maybe to EDNY?

4 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

They are playing 3 card Monty with that office as well.

I'm well aware. That's maybe why they up promoted the USA from that office to get a more amenable prosecutor in place. I just don't know whether DoJ can move it or not.

Why no perp walk photos or mug shots of Ghislane in the MSM?  Is that symbolic of real power?  Or of real (or, at least, temporarily convincing) cooperation?

Goes with the off-brand strangeness of arrest at a secluded-in-plain-sight American residence.

One would think the authorities would want to mythologize these images of the Dragon Lady, as if they'd brought down Cersei Lannister.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

Why no perp walk photos or mug shots of Ghislane in the MSM?  Is that symbolic of real power?  Or of real (or, at least, temporarily convincing) cooperation?

Goes with the off-brand strangeness of arrest at a secluded-in-plain-sight American residence.

One would think the authorities would want to mythologize these images of the Dragon Lady, as if they'd brought down Cersei Lannister.

It would be fair to show her arrest process mug shots. But the elite class seems to avoid this public humiliation.

Never saw the mug shots of billionaire Martha Stewart after her arrest. Countless others.

Locally, our police agencies regularly give the press mug shot pics of child molesters, violent robbers and drug arrest perps with their typical disheveled hair, wild eyed meth addicted look with numerous horrible oozing red facial sores and puckered and indented lip lines from tooth loss. 

This practice is meant to instill the image of our protectors saving our streets and communities from these perps ( including the "Living Dead" zombie looking meth addicts) and as a means of public humiliation as well.

Yet, If G.Maxwell isn't as much a serious criminal perpetrator of harm to children and deserving of this mug shot public humiliation, who is?

Edited by Joe Bauer

My understanding is that Maxwell purchased the New Hampshire property using a LLC that hid the real owner. Trump has 500 of these. I doubt that the FBI knew she was hiding there all the time. It took a lot of work by FBI analysts to finally locate her.

Trump and Barr will move heaven and earth to make certain she never tells what she knows and never provides the circumstantial evide3nce to back it up. They have a plan but its shape is now known now.

Besides what Maxwell has in her safe/secrets deposit box , I believe Trump's former fixer attorney Michael Cohen ( now replaced by Bill Barr ) still has a lot of truly damaging dirt on his former client/boss Trump as well.

Only Cohen can't come out with this while Trump is in office and has his personal AG in place to perhaps throw Cohen back in prison if they feel they must to protect Trump.

Look for a tell-all book by Cohen if Trump is somehow defeated in the next election.

Cohen could use a nice 2 to 4 million dollar book advance to get him and his family back on tract.

Maxwell could spell complete doom for Prince Andrew. How far could it get? Jail time? Ostracized from the Royal Family? Stripped of his "Prince" title?

Maybe she can verify that the now well known photo of Prince Andrew with his arm around Virginia Giuffre is real?

And countless others who may have been compromised by her lover/ cohort Epstein?

Bill Clinton?  Alan Dershowitz? Heck, even George Stephanopoulus had some contact with Epstein?  Woody Allen?  My God...think of the tidal wave of Earth shaking celebrity bring downs if Maxwell rats.

Speaking of Alan Dershowitz, he claims his relationship with Epstein was much more professional than personal friendship.

Yet he actually "admits" to getting a personal massage in Epstein's New York Sex den mansion himself ( go for it Al Baby! )  but says this meant nothing because he "kept his underpants on" and his masseuse was an older, big boned, Germanic woman with huge man like hands and hairy forearms.

Oh Please!

Jeff Epstein underage sex pawn Virginia Giuffre claims she did Dershowitz 3 times!

Wonder how their competing lawsuits are doing in the courts?

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 7/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, Richard Price said:

If they (whoever they are) have any imagination at all, she may come down with the quick moving deadly COVID19 strain.

https://brownvalleyobserver.com/2020/07/03/ghislaine-maxwell-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-in-new-hampshire-jail-doj-reports/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

update - note that this has been tagged as fake news. 

Edited by Jeff Carter
clarification

So - fake news? Snopes says she doesn’t have it. But even if she doesn’t, it seems like a good way to quarantine her, and maybe disappear her later. One thing I would bet on - she will not bring down the elites. I’m less interested in the usual list of well known personages and more interested in unfamiliar names hiding in the shadows, and in having an idea how big the iceberg is. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

2 hours ago, Rob Couteau said:

I agree. One way or another she will be "disappeared."

It would seem that what the DoJ and the SDNY will want is a plea on the sex trafficking charges.  Seeing what happened to her father and her lover, she will most likely not threaten anything else, and seek to reduce the 35 years they're threatening her with.  In five years, she'll be an ordained Unitarian minister in prison, and on the cover of People magazine.

Edited by David Andrews