The Education Forum

Pool of blood - Dealey Plaza

6 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

I think that or they were knifed and removed. We’d only be speculating but, they bled a fair bit. 

The testimony of the only one of the three men on the stairs that was identified is enlightening in this regard. I belive he was the Dealy Plaza groundskeeper. His recollection on the time lapse prior to the last shot.... heard, is remarkable. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

The testimony of the only one of the three men on the stairs that was identified is enlightening in this regard. I belive he was the Dealy Plaza groundskeeper. His recollection on the time lapse prior to the last shot.... heard, is remarkable. 

Cheers Michael, I have found a couple of bits just now about Emmett J Hudson, the groundskeeper stating the shots came from above and behind him.  He has some guy next to him on the steps telling him to lay down, they’re shooting at the president?! A missing black couple (never identified) and a possible black dog man all in the same vicinity.  

I just read the Warren Commission testimony of Dallas Parks Department groundskeeper employee Emmett J. Hudson.

He was on the cement steps on the grassy knoll going down towards Elm next to the pergola behind Zapruder's position when JFK was being shot at.

This guy sounds about as coherent and reliable as Tippit Murder witness Helen Markham!

He kept saying he heard three shots and that JFK was hit with the second shot but the third and last shot missed. He also says JFK was hit in the head with the first shot ???

He stated JFK was hit in the neck but couldn't say which shot did this.

Hudson claimed the three shots was fast, but not that fast. ( what?). He claimed the whole shooting sequence took ...TWO MINUTES!

And talk about leading a witness !

Liebeler did this so blatantly and unethically it was laughable.

He tells Hudson the shots were probably from the Texas School Book Depository Building...right? Hudson never specifically volunteered this until Liebeler suggested it.

Mr. LIEBELER - But you are quite sure in your own mind that the shots came from the rear of the President's car and above it; is that correct?
Mr. HUDSON - Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did you have any idea that they might have come from the Texas School Book Depository Building?
Mr. HUDSON - Well, it sounded like it was high, you know, from above and kind of behind like - in other words, to the left.

Mr. LIEBELER - And that would have fit in with the Texas School Book Depository, wouldn't it? 
Mr. HUDSON - Yes.

YOUR HONOR...LEADING THE WITNESS! 

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you look up there and see if you could see anybody?
Mr. HUDSON - No, sir; I didn't. I never thought about looking up that way, to tell you the truth about it.
Mr. LIEBELER - You were thinking about getting out of the way after things started?
Mr. HUDSON - Yes; it was just such an exciting time, you know, a fellow thinks about a million things in one second there at that time.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did you see anybody standing around there any place with a rifle - on the grassy spot up there near where you were standing or on the overpass or anyplace else?
Mr. HUDSON - I never seen anyone with a gun up there except the patrols.
Mr. LIEBELER - The policemen?
Mr. HUDSON - Yes, sir.
Mr. LIEBELER - Now, did you see anything else down there when this all happened that you think we ought to know about that I haven't asked you about?
Mr. HUDSON - No, sir; I don't know of anything.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did you see Govenor Connally - did you think Governor Connally had been hit?

Mr. HUDSON - Well, sir; I never noticed Governor Connally in the car. >>> The first shot must have struck him and he had done fell over in the car when that happened.<<< ???

Mr. LIEBELER - So that you didn't even see Governor Connally in the car at all?
Mr. HUDSON - No, sir.
Mr. LIEBELER - You didn't see him get hit by any of the shots?
Mr. HUDSON - No, sir.
Mr. LIEBELER - You are assuming that maybe he got hit by the first shot and fell down in the car. 

LEADING THE WITNESS!

Mr. HUDSON - That's right.
Mr. LIEBELER - And you saw the President get hit by what you heard as the second shot?
Mr. HUDSON - Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER - How far apart were the shots spaced; do you have any recollection about that, how long did it take for all the shots to be fired and how far apart was one shot from the other?
Mr. HUDSON - Well they was pretty fast and not fast either.

It seemed like he had plenty of time to operate his gun plenty well - when the shots were all fired.

( Hudson had it figured out right away? Didn't own any high powered rifles but knew how much time it took to use , fire and reload one?)

Mr. LIEBELER - How much time do you think passed from the time the first shot was fired untill the second shot was fired, can you make any estimate about that?
Mr. HUDSON - Oh, probably 2 minutes.
Mr. LIEBELER - As much as 2 minutes?
Mr. HUDSON - It might not have been that long.
Mr. LIEBELER - But you thought he had plenty of time to get all of the shots off anyway?

Hudson's testimony is ridiculous and tainted by Liebeler's leading imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Mr. LIEBELER - How much time do you think passed from the time the first shot was fired untill the second shot was fired, can you make any estimate about that?
Mr. HUDSON - Oh, probably 2 minutes.
Mr. LIEBELER - As much as 2 minutes?
Mr. HUDSON - It might not have been that long.

• 3 years later...

In a recent interview, JFK researcher Richard Bartholomew mentioned the WC testimony of a "Berta Lazana" in relation to this pool of blood story. I'm not sure of the exact spelling of "Berta Lazana" as it was hard to hear the audio of the interview. Richard Bartholomew suggests she may have seen the man come in to Parkland hospital that was injured in relation to this pool of blood.

I can't find the WC testimony of "Berta Lazana". Does anyone know where it is?

Richard Bartholomew mentions her testimony at 40 minutes in on this video. 

4 hours ago, David Butler said:

Nurse Bertha Lozano

Thanks.

I don't think this nurse was interviewed by the WC but rather gave a statement which can be found here: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0119a.htm

There is nothing in this statement that could be linked to the pool of blood which is the subject of this thread. The only relevant sentence from the statement is as follows:

"A technician came to the desk and asked me to expect a private patient who was bleeding."

This occurred after JFK and Connally had come in, and after the bleeding child had come in (who was later involved in the stretcher mix-up). As you can see, this sentence is so vague as to make it useless in trying to tie it to the pool of blood in Dealey Plaza.