The Education Forum

Ed Haslam's book Dr. Mary's Monkey: I want honest opinions

Vince Palamara

The person who did the most to convince CBS not to go with Baker was probably Carol Hewett.

Carol was a  skilled Florida attorney educated at U of Texas at Austin.  I know her personally since she used to write for Probe magazine.

She did not find the story credible and she told them that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

From my understanding, Tyler is going to argue there was no linear particle accelerator in New Orleans.

If that turns out to be true, it creates a lot of problems for the book.

I hope that it can be shown that there were no linear particle accelerators (linacs) in New Orleans, if it means discrediting a charlatan. But I'm afraid that that will be a hard thing to do given that medical linacs were being used for radiation therapy in America as early as 1954. (Source)

Edited by Sandy Larsen

3 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

I think your position is reasonable.  I don't have answers. I wish I did. The whole thing is something of a mystery to me as well.  I don't know how Haslam had the clout to impress them to begin with.  I do know that they became sufficiently uncomfortable with Judyth's ever-changing story to ask her to take some psych tests.  I don't recall if she did or not.  I do think there is more information on this that needs to come out...

My speculation has been dismissed and ignored before but I still wonder about the possibility that both Ed and Judyth had un named sponsors.   

40 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

The person who did the most to convince CBS not to go with Baker was probably Carol Hewett.

Carol was a  skilled Florida attorney educated at U of Texas at Austin.  I know her personally since she used to write for Probe magazine.

I typically go with my "gut" on a witness before diving into the evidence. With some people, your gut tells you immediately they're full of xxxx and you don't really need to examine things, you can just skip it as a distraction.

My gut tells me all I need to know about JVB, she registers on the B.S. meter in the same range as Priscilla McMillan, James Files, and Gordon Arnold. I know they're all selling fables and lies.

It's been awhile since I read this book.  I honestly don't remember that much about JVB being in there?  But like I said, it's been awhile.

I thought the theories about Dr. Sherman's demise were fascinating.  It's clearly a case with so many question marks.  Any story which begins with a personal angle of how/why a person started investigating it is always one to draw you into their research, even if you can't always agree with all of their conclusions.  

As far as the Reilly Coffee company employees - I do wonder what eventually happened to the other people who worked there at the same time as LHO.  Much like I wonder what happened to all of the people who worked at the TSBD.   

14 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Your right Rob.

Great pic.

Is that a camera case?

I am not a totally convinced JVB person. 

Yet, I do think there are just a few JVB claims that warrant at least some consideration.

Yes, hard to prove JVB claims.

But do you dismiss Haslam's claims as much as JVB's?

And you ask for proof of Reilly Coffee providing cover jobs for intel persons?

Jim Garrison himself is my source for that suggestion.

Jim Garrison made a lot of claims, not all had the evidence needed to back it up in court.

Not sure about camera case but I know those are flip flops right in the middle of the picture

None of her claims warrant anything...she is a myth maker, a tale weaver, a xxxx. She has been debunked on many levels, she has ZERO evidence to back up anything she says concerning Oswald...PERIOD

I urge you to read Walt Brown's book that proves she has no idea what she's talking about...

https://www.amazon.com/Judyth-Vary-Baker-Edited-Commentary-ebook/dp/B07RH9FXBG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=walt+brown&qid=1600793608&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

Haslam has somewhat informed speculation at best. In the article it has links to the original investigation done by NOPD, which I would urge you to read as well. The book in question is nothing but a rewritten speculative piece inserting JVB, Oswald, and Ferrie into the many holes of his original book "Mary, Ferrie, and The Monkey Virus"

I do like Walt Brown but I've come to believe that there isn't any one researcher that has ALL the right answers. Of course he is way above JVB  ( no comparison? ) in the credibility department.

I like Ed Tatro as well.

Garrison may have taken some unproven leaps but over-all he is a hero in my mind for spending years of family, reputation and personal emotion sacrificing effort in his investigation and finding and revealing mountains of previously hidden truths that we are all so much better served knowing.

I have a question for anyone out there that may have known anything about Reilly Coffee back in 1963.

I would ask them, did you ever hear of any connection to government agencies by them or their owners or management?

Rob, I would suggest to you that hundreds if not thousands of U.S. corporate entities provide cover jobs for our government needs when requested.

And they have for decades. I know this to be a fact. Hence my belief that Reilly Coffee could easily be used for this purpose.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe Bauer said: 

"Even though I was there for 9 months, I couldn't remember 99

% of the employees I engaged with 30 years ago."

With all due respect, you are not Judyth.  Think for a moment if one of those people had committed an assassination and you saw fame and money if you could connect yourself to them.  But you needed to have credentials in order to be considered credible.  If you had known this person, would you not have searched high and low for those who could corroborate that relationship in the workplace?

20 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Hope it comes out!

Here is part 2.  Part 3 is stalling, may have to reboot tomorrow and try again...

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

My speculation has been dismissed and ignored before but I still wonder about the possibility that both Ed and Judyth had un named sponsors.   

I consider that a valid question.  When you look at the larger picture, which is that Marina invalidated the WCR when she recanted in the 80's and had to be discredited in some way, the possibility that there was a larger agenda looms large.  

Fetzer was Judyth's mentor.  Fetzer has also tried to discredit me from the day I first posted the Ferguson Memo.  I am pretty sure he asked Judyth to contact me and intended to use her to discredit me.  It almost worked, as all of my relationships in the JFK community were challenged.  And all I did was agree to keep an open mind to what she said, which nobody had been able to do before.

So yes, there are hidden agendas here and sponsors of some sort are a possibility.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, James DiEugenio said:

And, ironically, their producer was Don Hewitt.  When the decision was made to not move forward, he supposedly said, "We had the door slammed in our face."

Jim, 

It just dawned on me that 60 Minutes might be the Rosetta Stone to unraveling the entire Judyth saga.  Did Carol Hewett by any chance say how Haslam managed to get his foot in the door at CBS to begin with?

Thanks...

Edited by Pamela Brown

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Can a linear particle accelerator be weaponized?  Or could a trained operator (was that Dr. Mary Sherman?) accidentally burn her arm off with it?

If not, this fantasy takes us from the middle of Goldfinger,

l.jpg.f309838c02302aa66c9d997603e19698.jpg

to the end of Kiss me Deadly,

kiss_me_deadly_1955_390.jpg.71b1d64a267967189f363696e71e838e.jpg

with a side order of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

132158_widescreen.jpg.e344bf572d8ffd65f0d66b70679c9a2c.jpg

I reckon just about anything can, he made the jump that it had been booby trapped or something. Could well have been an accident that meant she had to look like she died somewhere else. 
The trouble with a lot of these theories, many seem over-elaborate. I mean, take the RFK situation thats being discussed on another thread at the moment (which sounds very plausible in Lisa’s book), wouldn’t it have been easier to have RFK’s plane crash with the cause being mechanical failure. Couldn’t JFK have just got a dodgey injection from Dr Max Jacobsen and it all being made to look like he was a dying man because of his health conditions? Surely there were more controllable ways. Or is it that the brutality of the killings sends a message and deters others? Or is it just something in American culture? A legacy of the wild west that a person must be slain for all to see, creating some hideous tableau? In Britain it would have been made to look like an accident. 

I don't recall how CBS had the idea passed on to them.

But Carol told me that, she volunteered to work for them in hopes that she could get some of her writing on the Paines on afterwards.

She also said that, at that time, Haslam was not convinced by Baker.  But as she worked on the case, she just did not find the story credible or cohesive.  And she also felt it was very much romanticized. And she could not understand why so many covert operators would expose themselves to meeting with her.

So she handed in her report.  But they did not do her Paine segment.  But further, she was really surprised how Haslam turned around and now accepted the Baker story.

Its really too bad that Carol just dropped out of the community.  She got sick when she was writing for Probe.  She had to undergo chemotherapy for cancer.  And from what I understand, from Max Good, she did not keep her files.

I have no problem saying, she was one of the best writers we ever published.

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I don't recall how CBS had the idea passed on to them.

But Carol told me that, she volunteered to work for them in hopes that she could get some of her writing on the Paines on afterwards.

She also said that, at that time, Haslam was not convinced by Baker.  But as she worked on the case, she just did not find the story credible or cohesive.  And she also felt it was very much romanticized. And she could not understand why so many covert operators would expose themselves to meeting with her.

So she handed in her report.  But they did not do her Paine segment.  But further, she was really surprised how Haslam turned around and now accepted the Baker story.

Its really too bad that Carol just dropped out of the community.  She got sick when she was writing for Probe.  She had to undergo chemotherapy for cancer.  And from what I understand, from Max Good, she did not keep her files.

I have no problem saying, she was one of the best writers we ever published.

Fascinating, Jim.  Thank you. If Haslam was the one who brought Judyth to CBS he could theoretically have been pretending to not be convinced by her.  That is, following the logic of my hypothesis that the two of them were working together all along.