The Education Forum

Did Donald Trump Betray The JFKA Truth Movement?

W. Niederhut

7 hours ago, George Govus said:

Since a certain someone is selectively exhuming media accounts of non-compliance with the JFK Assassination Records Act, it's refreshing to re-encounter this thread, as the failure to follow the law is a cross-party problem. Concord in our alliance will be stronger if we can in a balanced way focus on current politicians doing our will, or acting against us.

George,

I appreciate your comment, and, yes, I am trying to make sense of the recent, surprising Fox/GOP efforts to secure the release of the JFK Records in the context of what happened in October of 2017 and April of 2018, when Trump was POTUS and Fox News was serving as the de facto Ministry of Propaganda for the Trump administration.

What has motivated Tucker Carlson and arch-conservative Republicans like David Schweikert to pursue the release of the records now-- as opposed to 2017, when Republicans controlled Congress and Fox was the mouthpiece/echo chamber of the Trump administration?

And my question (above) was not rhetorical.  Has there been any progress toward identifying Tucker Carlson's mysterious "source?"

Some on the forum have wondered whether the "source" is Donald Trump, himself, or his 2017 CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

For that matter, is Tucker Carlson still talking about the JFK Records on his show? 

(I don't watch television "news.")

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most of us don’t watch Carlson it would be nice to know if there has been followup, or if Schweikert is now carrying the ball. I’m sure William that you are right - there is an agenda to weaken faith in government and in Democrats, and to peel off some of the left that would be leaning more towards a government shakeup away from the two parties. One can root for this bill to  advance in Congress to the floor and pass without abandoning one’s core beliefs. It’s the Democrats fault leaving their left flank vulnerable. When I ask my liberal friends what they think of this stonewalling on records release their response is always that there are so many more pressing issues. ‘Why He Died and Why it Matters’, the subtitle of JFK and the Unspeakable, pinpoints the problem. 
No amount of shenanigans will convince me to vote Republican, but I remained ashamed of our Democratic Party for the many decades they let this wound fester.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, James DiEugenio said:

The thing is, Trump can be sued over the actual breaking of the law.  Due to the fact that he has not supplied an explanation for the documents still being withheld or redacted.

IMO, its not all on Trump.  The CIA just has a kind of aversion to obeying any laws that tell it to open up all its files.  And since they have been allowed to get away with it for decades, they continue to do it.

Its their way of wearing out the opposition.  And since its worked in the past, it persists.  And once the CIA paves the way, the FBI goes along.

But Malcolm Blunt told me that there is also a lot of NSA stuff that has disappeared.  He knows they were there since they were referred to in documents.

Interesting that it wasn’t Trump but Biden that got sued. 
Also, in my opinion the idea that Bush signed the records release into law only after making sure the new docs wouldn’t reveal any more family secrets isn’t really so far fetched. In the early 1990’s when my Savings and Loan Scandal trading cards were not yet printed but were being promoted to the comic book trade for presale, Bush family lawyers threatened to sue to block their release unless we allowed them see and approve the text for the Neil Bush card. I still wonder what I missed, as they made virtually no changes in the text. But imagine how far their tentacles extend? 

From all that I have heard, Tucker Carlson really buys this story.  He did follow it up once.

But the problem is there are not very many high profile people who want to do his show.

Because they fear they will be branded.

23 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

From all that I have heard, Tucker Carlson really buys this story.  He did follow it up once.

But the problem is there are not very many high profile people who want to do his show.

Because they fear they will be branded.

I think it was Voltaire who said, "If you want to know who rules over you, look at who you are not allowed to criticize.

I think every new president is brought into a private room & told to watch the Zapruder film with the Director of the CIA & after watching the film is asked ....any questions?  😉

Edited by Michael Crane

William, when the only big time broadcaster who will tell the truth about JFK is Carslon, there is a problem.

You should have heard O'Donnell today.

In speaking of the presumption of innocence he said Ruby killed Oswald, the assassin of JFK.

That should sicken everyone.

And, btw, at the time of his death Ruby's verdict was vacated since he won on appeal.

As far as JFK goes, the so called liberal media is worthless.

Edited by James DiEugenio

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

William, when the only big time broadcaster who will tell the truth about JFK is Carslon, there is a problem.

You should have heard O'Donnell today.

In speaking of the presumption of innocence he said Ruby killed Oswald, the assassin of JFK.

That should sicken everyone.

And, btw, at the time of his death Ruby's verdict was vacated since he won on appeal.

As far as JFK goes, the so called liberal media is worthless.

Sad but true.

Conservatives don't have a monopoly on myopia, dishonesty, and denial.

And, in the case of the JFK assassination, it's especially galling when "liberals" betray JFK!

I naively hoped (and requested) that Joe Biden, an Irish Catholic, would release the JFK records.

Will Congress, spearheaded by conservatives, bring pressure to bear on the President? Or will the bill die a quiet death? Is Tucker Carlson following up on his initial story? 
I’d like to hear theories as to why Carlson and Schweikert made some noise about JFK records. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of political capital to be gained by Republicans. I thought maybe it was part of a large effort to splinter the left. The New Age movement felt some of this already with Trump being hailed by some as the ‘lightbringer’. I kid you not. But it’s not likely to have much effect at the ballot box. I’m 100% certain that it was what I view as the Far Right that did the deed. But perhaps unreleased documents don’t actually show that. There’s been plenty of time - 60 years - to clean up or alter documents. Only a very few researchers would be able to spot a conspiracy to alter documents.
We might be better off without this last release. What would Salandria say? Don’t we kind of know what happened? 

As I said, Carlson did do one other story, with Larry Schnapf.

But his problem as I also said is that because of who he is, some bigger names do not want to go on with him.

That parallels someone like me who had a chance to go on with Alex Jones.  I told my PR guy why would I want to do that?  He said, to sell a lot of books.  I said, look to me its now worth it.  My enemies--of which I have many-- would use that to smear me. So that is the problem with Carlson.

The left/right thing is interesting I think.  Roger Stone being an example. Trump chickening out at the last minute being another.  The story he told Napolitano kind of corresponds with what Carlson said.  Trump allegedly said that if you saw what I saw you would have backed out also.

The problem with that is 1.) Why would the CIA or FBI show him anything, and 2.) Trump's credibility is pretty much zilch by now.

As for the documents, I think we have to get them.  No question about that. One reason being because the other side is trying to make a mockery of the whole process: they are trying to give us the middle finger, we own this case not you and if we want to urinate on it, too bad.

Its sickening to me that two presidents have gone along with this BS.  Which I think is patently illegal. Where is the liberal media on that one? Nowhere to be found.  Try and find one analytical column on this dispute.   But more than that, see how much coverage in court the April 26th hearing in SF gets.  I predict there will be little or none.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

As I said, Carlson did do one other story, with Larry Schnapf.

But his problem as I also said is that because of who he is, some bigger names do not want to go on with him.

That parallels someone like me who had a chance to go on with Alex Jones.  I told my PR guy why would I want to do that?  He said, to sell a lot of books.  I said, look to me its now worth it.  My enemies--of which I have many-- would use that to smear me. So that is the problem with Carlson.

The left/right thing is interesting I think.  Roger Stone being an example. Trump chickening out at the last minute being another.  The story he told Napolitano kind of corresponds with what Carlson said.  Trump allegedly said that if you saw what I saw you would have backed out also.

The problem with that is 1.) Why would the CIA or FBI show him anything, and 2.) Trump's credibility is pretty much zilch by now.

As for the documents, I think we have to get them.  No question about that. One reason being because the other side is trying to make a mockery of the whole process: they are trying to give us the middle finger, we own this case not you and if we want to urinate on it, too bad.

Its sickening to me that two presidents have gone along with this BS.  Which I think is patently illegal. Where is the liberal media on that one? Nowhere to be found.  Try and find one analytical column on this dispute.   But more than that, see how much coverage in court the April 26th hearing in SF gets.  I predict there will be little or none.

Ditto in spades, squared.

Why was this old 2020 JFKA thread moved from the main JFKA board today?

That makes no sense, especially since there have been multiple specious 2023 Benjamin Cole threads on the main JFKA board about the JFK records in relation to various "Donks"-- Biden, Clinton, Obama, etc.

In fact, I commented on this 2020 thread to put the issue of U.S. Presidents and the JFKA records in historical context.