The Education Forum

Fallen warriors: researchers who have moved on or passed away

Vince Palamara

On 9/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Most recently Vincent Salandria.  Then Mark Lane.  Jim Marrs.  Harold Weisberg. 

On this side of the pond Dealey Plaza U.K. lost researchers Ian Griggs & Mathew Smith in 2019.

Edited by Pete Mellor

John R. Woods II passed away in December 2019.  He had amassed an archive of over 3000 images which he would share with anyone who showed interest.  He communicated with Harry Livingstone, Harold Weisberg, Gaeton Fonzi and even provided security detail for Bradley Ayers.  John challenged the legitimacy of Oswald's palmprints on the rifle and got the Miller Funeral Home pictures and Oswald autopsy pictures released.  He always told me, "Dealey Plaza has been picked apart, the answers lie within the [Cuban] exiles."

John was a great help in my early years, not only did he share a large number of pictures (an education it itself), but he even provided an introduction for me to Brad Ayers, leading to some informative exchanges with Ayers himself. I wish John would have been more involved with the broader community, but he never wanted to be credited and was not nearly as well known as many others.  I'm sure his work "in the trenches" was always much appreciated by those he did assisted; it certainly was by me. 

On 9/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, Rob Clark said:

I miss Peter Whitmey...he's not dead, just not active since the 90's..😪

I wrote to him a lot back and forth on Facebook earlier this year (we presented at the Third Decade conference in Fredonia, NY back in June 1991). He is doing well and still interested---he inquired as to JFK Lancer archiving his materials.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:08 AM, Jessica Shores said:

John R. Woods II passed away in December 2019.  He had amassed an archive of over 3000 images which he would share with anyone who showed interest.  He communicated with Harry Livingstone, Harold Weisberg, Gaeton Fonzi and even provided security detail for Bradley Ayers.  John challenged the legitimacy of Oswald's palmprints on the rifle and got the Miller Funeral Home pictures and Oswald autopsy pictures released.  He always told me, "Dealey Plaza has been picked apart, the answers lie within the [Cuban] exiles."

Wow---I did not know he passed away. Sorry to hear that.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, Larry Hancock said:

John was a great help in my early years, not only did he share a large number of pictures (an education it itself), but he even provided an introduction for me to Brad Ayers, leading to some informative exchanges with Ayers himself. I wish John would have been more involved with the broader community, but he never wanted to be credited and was not nearly as well known as many others.  I'm sure his work "in the trenches" was always much appreciated by those he did assisted; it certainly was by me. 

John was my mentor.  He was so passionate and giving not only with his time but with his massive collection of photographs, correspondence and information.  You're so right, he hung back in the shadows.  I'll miss him always!  (Attached - Cover of his book from 1993)

11171963_source JRW.JPG

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Woah, never knew there was a goldmine stashed away at the University of South Florida.

Let's see if we can tally the forensic evidence that has not yet been made digitally available to the public:

Numerous items stored at the National Archives, some of which may have not been released to the public yet.

Numerous recordings of researcher conferences

Wesleyan University library's William Manchester collection, some of which is due to be sealed until 2067.

University of South Florida library's Kathleen Cunningham collection

Harrison Livingstone's collection (one day will be made fully digital by Bart Kamp)

David Lifton's collection (some stored at the National Archives, some may become available when Lifton publishes Final Charade.

Some of Mark Oakes' videotapes

Edited by Micah Mileto

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2020 at 11:26 PM, Vince Palamara said:

The Paine experts: Steve Jones, Barbara LaMonica and Carol Hewett. These three were big in the (mid-late) 1990's and all seemed to disappear by 2000 or so.

Best-selling author Harrison Livingstone (twice for High Treason + High Treason 2): deceased February 2015.

Anna Marie Kuhns-Walko: health reasons made her retire. I used to hear from her on Facebook now and again a few years ago, but no longer.

Kathlee Fitzgerald (assistant to Livingstone- helped with research for High Treason 2 and Killing The Truth): deceased 3/17/2019

Canadian researcher Ulric Shannon: in 1991, Ulric was a 17-year-old wunderkind at Jerry Rose's Third Decade conference in June 1991. Ulric went on to contribute to both the Third and Fourth Decade journals, as well as write several major articles still up at McAdams' site. He retired around 2004ish and is now Ambassador of Canada to Iraq! 

Medical evidence expert Kathleen Cunningham retired around 2000 and donated her materials here:

https://digital.lib.usf.edu//content/SF/S0/03/19/00/00001/U29-00082-C51.pdf

Vince, very much still in the fight.

I'm currently working on my book DENIED: TRUTH AND JUSTICE IN THE KENNEDY'S ASSASSINATION.

Just released from hospital last night. I do miss Pittsburgh.

😇😁AMKW

Heck, no one mentioned our very own Barb Junkkarinen. Barb was a long-time moderator of this forum, and wrote a number of excellent articles 20 years ago or so. She was into sharing her research and materials with others. A great role model. Miss ya, Barb. 

19 hours ago, Anna Maria Kuhns-Walko said:

Vince, very much still in the fight.

I'm currently working on my book DENIED: TRUTH AND JUSTICE IN THE KENNEDY'S ASSASSINATION.

Just released from hospital last night. I do miss Pittsburgh.

😇😁AMKW

WOW---great to hear!