The Education Forum

President Kennedy: Profile in Power

Tim Gratz

Most peole agree that Richard Reeves 1994 book "President Kennedy: Profile of Power" is an excellent study of the Kennedy presidency.

I discovered an on-line article that republishes William F. Buckley's 1994 analysis of the book (he clearly loved it) but also contains a very lengthy summary of the book.

I thought a link to the article would be helpful for Forum members who have not read Reeves' book (and even for those who have the summary is helpful). The book discusses events covered here in different threads.

Here is the link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/flashback.bu...00407011031.asp

Edited by Tim Gratz

Most peole agree that Richard Reeves 1994 book "President Kennedy: Profile of Power" is an excellent study of the Kennedy presidency.

Here I go again, replying to my own post.

John Simkin has posted several intreresting items relating to a possible connection between JFK's involvement with a lady who was suspected, at least, of being a Communist spy, and his assassination. In viewing the summary, I discovered a chilling suggestion that drugs JFK was taking for his health problems may have contributed to the activities that may have some connection to his assassination.

Quoting the summary:

— Another possible side effect [of corticosteroids, used to treat Addison's disease] was heightened sexual desire. The side effects of [Dr. Jacobson's amphetamine mixtures] were more dangerous: an exaggerated sense of power and capabilities, and the debilitating symptoms of classic paranoid schizophrenia, then slow death by poisoning. It was not Kennedy's doctors but his brother Robert Kennedy who suspected such dangers and tried to get rid of Dr. Jacobson.

I will, later, find and post the page reference to this in the book (I have the paperback version. Presumably it can be easily found by checking Dr. Jacbson's name in the index,

Edited by Tim Gratz

John Simkin has posted several intreresting items relating to a possible connection between JFK's involvement with a lady who was suspected, at least, of being a Communist spy, and his assassination.  In viewing the summary, I discovered a chilling suggestion that drugs JFK was taking for his health problems may have contributed to the activities that may have some connection to his assassination.

Quoting the summary:

— Another possible side effect [of corticosteroids, used to treat Addison's disease] was heightened sexual desire. The side effects of [Dr. Jacobson's amphetamine mixtures] were more dangerous: an exaggerated sense of power and capabilities, and the debilitating symptoms of classic paranoid schizophrenia, then slow death by poisoning. It was not Kennedy's doctors but his brother Robert Kennedy who suspected such dangers and tried to get rid of Dr. Jacobson.

The Ellie Rometsch incident relates to the possible Soviet spy Kennedy was procured by Bobby Baker. As for Kennedy's drug usage, supplied by Dr. Max "Feelgood" Jacobson, who was with JFK at the 1961 Vienna Summit, this goes directly to Shanet's thesis of "incapacity" as being an assassination motive for men who otherwise considered themselves honorable. When Bobby had a sample of Dr. Max's concoctions analyzed and came to the President about it, JFK reportedly replied, "I don't care if it's got horse piss in it; it makes me feel better." Then there is the item in Best Evidence, by David Lifton, about the autopsy report revealing that JFK may not have survived another year because the steroids were re-activating JFK's childhood tuberculosis of the spine, otherwise known as Potts' Disease. Finally, I agree with Nancy Eldreth that JFK was at the least, a bad lay - given his bad back and preference for being lying back and being serviced. By the way, I couldn't agree more with Tim Gratz's assertion that Richard Reeves 1994 book "President Kennedy: Profile of Power" is an excellent study of the Kennedy presidency.

Tim Carroll

Edited by Tim Carroll

Good Morning

Any line of research leading into John Kennedy's medical history, whether behavioural, psychological, psychosexual -- or strictly corporeal and pharmaceutical -- will lead to the Incapacity Pretext and Rationale. His adrenal condition was unknown and could have played a role in the 1964 election.

His reactions to cortiso-steroids of the period would have been idiosynchrous, but certainly the above cited scenario is reasonable, and leads to the Incapacity Pretext and rationale. Care must be used in demonstrating the contextual proof of the Incapacity Rationale and Pretext, as Mr. Kennedy's health and private personal issues, as addressed by the security clearance granting community and militant right wing political oppposition tend to tarnish JFK's earned elected and defended Legacy.

Shanet

12/21/04 NYT OBITUARY

We mourn the death today of Anthony Sampson, 78,

author of ARMS BAZAAR: FROM LEBANON TO LOCKHEED [1977] and

SEVEN SISTERS: THE GREAT OIL COMPANIES AND THE WORLD THEY MADE [1975].

Anthony Sampson resided in London and died in Wilshire and he was survived by his wife Sally.

Edited by Shanet Clark

Good Morning

Any line of research leading into John Kennedy's medical history, whether behavioural, psychological, psychosexual -- or strictly corporeal and pharmaceutical -- will lead to the Incapacity Pretext and Rationale. His adrenal condition was unknown and could have played a role in the 1964 election.

His reactions to cortiso-steroids of the period would have been idiosynchrous, but certainly the above cited scenario is reasonable, and leads to the Incapacity Pretext and rationale.  Care must be used in demonstrating the contextual proof of the Incapacity Rationale and Pretext, as Mr. Kennedy's health and private personal issues, as addressed by the security clearance granting community and militant right wing political oppposition tend to tarnish JFK's earned elected and defended Legacy.

Shanet

12/21/04 NYT OBITUARY

We mourn the death today of Anthony Sampson, 78,

author of ARMS BAZAAR: FROM LEBANON TO LOCKHEED [1977] and

SEVEN SISTERS: THE GREAT OIL COMPANIES AND THE WORLD THEY MADE [1975].

Anthony Summers resided in London and died in Wilshire and he was survived by his wife Sally.

I think your last sentence should say "Sampson" not "Summers".