The Education Forum

What age did you take an interest

I just wanted to get a feeling of what age people started researching/reading at. I know that myself (19), nic (18/19) and Gibson (14) are the youngest members of the jfk section. did people start looking into it later and life than myself,nic and gibson and are we a better informed generation or was it around the same stage. also how long have you all been researching for?

john

I just wanted to get a feeling of what age people started researching/reading at. I know that myself (19), nic (18/19) and Gibson (14) are the youngest members of the jfk section. did people  start looking into it later and life than myself,nic and gibson and are we a better informed generation or was it around the same stage. also how long have you all been researching for?

john

More than half my life ago, I started researching the assassination. I began by saving every Fort Worth and Dallas newspaper from the week of the shooting onward. I still have them all packed away in boxes. Fortunately the ad agency I worked for got two copies of all 4 area newspapers daily, and kept them for two weeks before trashing, so I was able to start BEFORE November 22, and get a complete set of all four papers for months thereafter. On November 22 I had concluded LBJ was behind it. In following years I studied many theories... CIA, Mafia, Castro, Russia, right-wingers, etc....and after 40+ years I ended up where I began (LBJ+LBJ CRONIES did it).

Jack ;)

In following years I studied many theories... CIA, Mafia, Castro, Russia, right-wingers, etc....and after 40+ years I ended up where I began (LBJ+LBJ CRONIES did it).

---------------------------

Yep, but they could not have done it without enlisting the help of CIA, Mafia, Cuban exiles and right wingers, all of whom had pretty much the same interests to reconquer

Cuba and get rid of those Irish catholic commie crime fighting bastards (JFK and RFK). So it doesn't take a great mind to see how these parties found each other, especially sinec they were already in bed long before.

Wim

I'm 17, but I got into it at age 12.

It sounds incredibly silly, when you think of 12 year old girls being the giggly NSync fans or something.. However, at that point, I was sitting alone at lunch with a book. I didn't have friends, so I just let books be my friends. One day, I was reading the WC Report, with a small dictionary nearby in case I found a word I didn't understand, and about half-way through, I noticed I was jotting down questions that weren't answered on the margins of my copy. So, I kept reading, and reading, and here I am.

On November 22 I had concluded LBJ was behind it. In following years I studied many theories... CIA, Mafia, Castro, Russia, right-wingers, etc....and after 40+ years I ended up where I began (LBJ+LBJ CRONIES did it).

Very similar experience. I was 18 and took longer to agree with Jack that it was organized by LBJ and his cronies.

I have taught about the Kennedy assassination for over 20 years. Hopefully there are a lot of people out there who can say they first became interested in the case when they were about 13 years old.

I was ill the day that JFK got shot.

Home at the age of 12 and was watching the first announcement.

I got into it then.

I saw things as they happened and came out.

For weeks no one could move me from the news.

A feeling of none belief was with it to me all along.

Also that something is very wrong with this picture.

Never did I believe one day I would talk out about it or even for a second think of talking to people about it as if it was yesterday.

When I began to get more involved was only a few years ago.

Just with the JFK part of it.

The Watergate part of it was about 1996 or 97.

I guess it was 1999 of getting into JFK. So it is further back than what I had thought it to be.

Never stop to think of that part of it. How long anything takes me to understand even a inch of it if one could actually measure it that way?

I was ill the day that JFK got shot.

Home at the age of 12 and was watching the first announcement.

I got into it then.

I saw things as they happened and came out.

For weeks no one could move me from the news.

A feeling of none belief was with it to me all along.

Also that something is very wrong with this picture.

Never did I believe one day I would talk out about it or even for a second think of talking to people about it as if it was yesterday. 

When I began to get more involved was only a few years ago.

Just with the JFK part of it.

The Watergate part of it was about 1996 or 97.

I guess it was 1999 of getting into JFK.  So it is further back than what I had thought it to be. 

Never stop to think of that part of it.  How long anything takes me to understand even a inch of it if one could actually measure it that way?

Wow, I could write a book on just this question alone. As I say in my bio, I was interested from the day it happened. Thought it was LBJ, I was 14.

I read everything that year, living in Massashusetts from 10/63-7-64.

Then back to home, Springhill Nova Scotia. I continued my "conversations with God" as no one I knew cared about the assassination and thought I was nuts for talking about it.

When MLK and RFK were murdered I was still in Canada, but knew they were conspiracy too.

I began studying the case in about 72,- (saw the Zapruder film at Democratic Nat'l Convention in Miami 72). I began meeting researchers in early 73 and have continued both,( study and meeting researchers), to this day. Some refer to this as my "hobby". I think obsession comes closer to the truth.

Like Jack White I have come full circle: LBJ and Cronies. Very high up cronies. SOme call it the invisible government, others call it MIC, others (including Geroge Bush "41") "New World Order", whatever name you give it, all that matters is who did NOT kill JFK: LHO. That's what we have to prove.

Dawn

I started reading everything I could get my hands on in 1966 when I was nine years old. I don't have as much time now as I used to.( dang 12 hour shifts lol) So I've cut back on my reading. I started by reading the WR and noticed that there were inconsistancies in what they were saying happened to the President.

Mike

I have never taken more than a passing interest in the JFK debate and yearn for one of you to tell me in very simple terms why you think it is so important.

When my old mate John Simkin starts on this topic I tend to glaze over and just nod at 'appropriate' moments in the hope it will all pass quite quickly like the removal of a nasty sticking plaster :lol:;)

I am also intrigued why I have so little apparent interest in American history and hope that it is not evidence of an irrational prejudice ;) ...... I probably had Eurocentric teachers.... I suppose it is quite important if the whole US political and economic stablishment is corrupt and implicated, but I can't just can't get excited about it.

However I wish all you JFK'ers a cool Yule and happy debating! cool_xmas.gif

I have never taken more than a passing interest in the JFK debate and yearn for one of you to tell me in very simple terms why you think it is so important.

When my old mate John Simkin starts on this topic I tend to glaze over and just nod at 'appropriate' moments in the hope it will all pass quite quickly like the removal of a nasty sticking plaster :lol:  ;)

I am also intrigued why I have so little apparent interest in American history and hope that it is not evidence of an irrational prejudice ;)  ...... I probably had Eurocentric teachers.... I suppose it is quite important if the whole US political and economic stablishment is corrupt and implicated, but I can't just can't get excited about it.

However I wish all you JFK'ers a cool Yule and happy debating! cool_xmas.gif

Andy

Your post makes NO sense. Go back and re read it.

You say you have never had " more than a passing interest" in this case. YET "Yearn" for someone to tell you WHY it matters. Yet, when John attempts to you "glaze over".

I take it your post must be some sick Christmas joke?????? Or does your mind really just contradict itself repeatedly??? On everything, or just this particular subject.???

Dawn

I am NOT trying to be arugmentative, your post is just one contradiction after another.

I take it your post must be some sick Christmas joke?????? Or does your mind really just contradict itself repeatedly??? On everything, or just this particular subject.???

]

;):lol:;)

Careful reading is indeed always important.

What I actually said was "I yearn for one of you to tell me in very simple terms why you think it is so important. "

Not quite the same as what you chose to see.

"Sick joke" is a bit strong. Perhaps one says harsh things when the basis of one's cherished obsessions are gently questioned? I am willing to forgive your rudeness in light of the season.

It is however quite possible that my mind contradicts itself repeatedly. Thank you for alerting me to the possibility.

Dawn,

I dont think andy meant any harm by what he said, he simply hasnt had much interest in the case and was being light hearted with regards to his eyes glazing over when john speaks about it. thats the way i read it anyhow.

good to see so many people can keep an interest in the assassination for so long. it shows how in depth an investigation of this nature really is.

Ive always been fascinated by american history (modern), i study history in college and so far the only american topic i have covered is the american revolution but we did not go into details about battles etc but merely looked at causes of it.

john

I was a young wife and mother when JFK was assn. Right away, I felt something didn't quite smell right in what we were being told. I did try to read all I was able to find, which was not actually al that much That is until I found Mark Lanes Book and after that, found most of Harrison Livingstones' Books. I have been studying ever since.

I am able to identify with some who bagan reading at a young age. Although I did have friends, I was not interested in games and sports and much preferred to read. I would go to the llibrary and find non-fiction books way beyond my age level.

As for Andy's post. I can also understand where he is coming from. In turn, I do not really know about very much that occurs in other countries. Most of my studies has been only in US History and Govt. If there is some happening in another country, I am just not up to what it is actually all about and don't have the same concern. I do enjoy meeting those from other countries and hearing about their country, but just do not read about it or about many past catastrophies elsewhere.

Dixie