The Education Forum

Behaviour management and ICT

barrywright

Hi all...

I have come from a school where, along with the Assistant Head, developed some software to record incidents. I along, with a software company have developed a commercial version that can be tailored a school's specific requirements. It works over the internet. If anyone fancies having a go with it, I would be happy to hear your feedback on any aspect of it. You can get a demo ordered to be tailored to your school by going to www.simplelogic.co.uk and clicking on the I~REP link. You can also use it online by clicking on the 'try it now' link. This contains test data, and made up pupils and class lists.

Thanks

Barry

After 24 years teaching I usually hope to have a modicum of control over the behaviour or the pupils .... it is the behaviour of the computers that has been a real pain of late.

The infection took the form of various dubious programs which are not detected as viri appearing in Windows (yes well it would be Windows wouldn't it!)

I have found that a stop-gap measure is to get pupils to press ctrl-alt-del on startup and remove all the little rogues before carrying on.

Perhaps we wont have the same prob as and when we get linux :blink:

I have found that a stop-gap measure is to get pupils to press ctrl-alt-del on startup and remove all the little rogues before carrying on.

Perhaps we wont have the same prob as and when we get linux 

Why not use Illusion software? It restores the pc to its the programmed settings each time it starts up. At my school pupils can put software on it when they finish at the end of the day, no troublesome program stays behind, Illusion deletes it!

Of course the software they need to complete assignements etc. we provide :blink: