The Education Forum

Italian AS level

Fidel Sciamanna

Hi,

I am a student at a language college in Sheffield. I am in my last year of GCSE's and am at the point of choosing my A levels. I am half Italian and half English, and last year decided to do a GCSE in Italian. My Italian teacher was really enthusiastic and helped me a lot. I managed to get an A*, one of the top five in the country i got 100%. I found it quite easy.

I have already decided to do further maths, physics and chemistry at AS level and am hoping to carry all over to A level. I also have the choice of doing an Italian AS level. My Italian teacher really wants me to do this but i am unsure... would Italian AS really help me with qualifications? I did my GCSE in out of school time, and it would be the same with the AS.

And BTW though i can read and write in Italian, it is slow and difficult so i would appreciate all replies in English. I have hardly spoken it over the last year.

• 6 months later...

Hello Fidel, good luck with your studies. You should speak Italian as much as possible to strengthen your skills. Italian is my second language, but I hardly get to use it, and have a few troubles sometimes because nobody I know can understand what I am saying. Ho desiderato realmenta appene ho lasciato tutto conoscerlo parlo italiano, cosi la voi vado, buona fortuna,

arrivederci.

I think thats right :D

Edited by Adam Wilkinson