The Education Forum

'Simulated Assassination' gone awry?

Lee Forman

Elsewhere I've read that Wean eventually admitted that the John in his story was Senator John Tower.  John Simkin should know about that.

Was that after John Tower died? In 1964 Tower was the Republican senator for Texas. When he was elected in May, 1961 (he had replaced LBJ who had to resign his seat because he had been elected as JFK Vice President) he became the first Republican senator elected in Texas since 1870.

This story raises a few questions. First of all, how did he know about this story? What was his relationship with Hunt? Why would he tell Bill Decker, Audie Murphy and Gary Wean about it? Who was Gary Wean’s partner? Is he dead? Did he ever confirm this story?

By the way, George Michael Evica is a member of this Forum but has never posted. Shall I tell him about this thread?

Hi John!

Wade Frazier was a colleague/friend of Gary Wean. I have tried to contact him - so far unsuccessfully. He still maintains a website. Wade says that the information concerning 'John' being 'Tower' was released after Towers death. Interesting that Tower was the one that Oswald contacted from the USSR.

Audie Murphy is a very interesting character. He did in fact travel frequently to Ventura County, from what I've gathered, and was a friend of Bill Deckers.

If you could get George Michael Evica to add anything I think it would be great. IMO, however, he creates his own rathole by trying to logically place everyone and everything into certain categories. I don't believe it's so cut and dry.

Someone once told me that 'multiple operations' were going on in Dallas in November of 1963. If we take the latest info provided by GPH to Tim Gratz concerning JB Connally - it's an interesting scenario. Revenge for the Thresher, some rightwing lunatics [Wanted for Treason, Milteer, etc.], the whole Texas Oil thing [mainly meaning DeMohrenschildt here] and a whole other bunch invited to the dance - who would have had the information, resources and intelligence to pull all of these various operations and organizations together simultaneously to leave us with this puzzle? Only someone within the ranks of US Intel, who would have been aware of all of these various activities, IMO - perhaps even sponsoring some of them, or at least having infiltrated them. Still smacks of Phillips, Angleton and Lemnitzer type characters for me.

Here's more on the story as per Wade Frazier. This was from a cached website.

Keep in mind that Wean draws a lot of fire to his own credibility through what appears to be a strong anti-semitic stance. I had to weed through his stuff a lot to separate the fact from the diatribe.

The part about Oswald is interesting, but I don't think he was the one who held a weapon out the window, which makes part of the tale suspect. But his

Dear Mr Hunt
letter is interesting. Bringing to work a broken down broom handled Mauser and calling it curtain rods is an interesting idea. As is the tale of the receipt in Wisconsin for LHOs stay in a motel there, 40 miles from where Kennedy was visiting, and his purchase of a radio. I wish I could figure out what Oswald really thought he was doing, and what his assignment was on 11/22. I still make him for standing in the doorway of the TSBD at 12:30pm, and then heading up to the lunchroom.

Speculation: Perhaps aside from a fake assassination, Connally was always part of an original plan? A necessary victim of a staged simulated assassination?

The reason I like this whole theory so much, as I may have already stated, is the large number of cameras I believe many have discovered in Dealey Plaza [not the public ones], the use of Cubans, and what appears to be the use of Cuban military hats - including the beret worn by DCM, and the 2 men seen in Altgens 6 at the DalTex [window and fire escape], for example. Would have made a very nice full length propoganda film, and I'm still hopeful we will see some of them one day.

Another reason I like it is because of the shoddy job done on the cover-up, the seemingly unprepared Government response, the absurd idea of the SBT, etc.

One more thing Hulet stated in his document - may be in reference to Donald's work - the shooter in the top floor of the building to the right of the TSBD was supposed to take out the sniper in the 6th floor window. 'Saul' again. Saul only knew his target as 'Harvey.' The SS men were supposed to fire back at the TSBD, and take the credit for having successfully eliminated the target. Now take that and couple it with reality. Jean Hill claimed that 'our guys' fired back. Initially it was denied that any weapons were drawn. There are still many who believe that Greer pulled a nickel plated .45 - I believe Bill Dines may have been the first to make this observation. An SMG can be seen in the follow-up car, raised in the air -MacIntyre?

Instead of in the TSBD, how about a change-up for the knoll? Someone may well have been hit in the area of the retaining wall. Hulet may have gotten his info from Culligan? Who only knew of the plan, but was not part of it. This would imply, if correct, that someone [Harvey is an interesting name] was to have been left behind on the knoll to take the fall :rolleyes: , but managed to limp away from the scene, leaving behind pools of blood. The shot would have been taken from one of the office buildings, and was unsuccessful. Just thinking out loud, as usual.

- lee

Gary Wean and the JFK Assassination

In early 1989, it appeared as if Dennis had no chance of living to see this side of the bars again.  There were a handful of people trying to save him from life in prison, and probably being murdered while he was in there.  Although our effort was the target of a wide-ranging international conspiracy, Ventura County was also one of the United States’ most corrupt counties, regularly ranking in the top ten most corrupt law enforcement jurisdictions (it has even been ranked number one).  Dennis was far from alone in being raped by Ventura County’s legal system. 

In Ventura County, one person in particular was standing up to the corruption.  Gary Wean was a sailor in World War II and became an LAPD policeman in 1946.  Gary had the kind of career that they make movies about.  He moved back and forth between Ventura County and Los Angeles a couple of times in the 1950s and 1960s.  While in Los Angeles, Gary was at times a motorcycle cop directing traffic, while at others he was a detective.  He worked out of the downtown and Hollywood precincts.  Dealing with the escapades of politicians, celebrities and gangsters was simply part of his job. 

In 1947, he was pursuing an armed robber through the streets of Los Angeles on a high-speed chase.  The suspect crashed his car as it barreled along at ninety miles an hour through LA’s streets.  He tried escaping on foot, and Gary cornered him in the dark.  The suspect begged for his life.  As Gary approached, the man stuck his pistol (which had already killed somebody during the robbery) into Gary’s abdomen and fired.  He fired a second shot that hit Gary in his hand.  Gary then emptied his pistol into the man, while his partner also fired, killing the robber instantly.  Gary’s partner rushed him to the hospital.  Although Gary’s abdomen was in great pain, he did not want to unbuckle his Sam Brown belt (a wide leather belt which held his firearm and other police equipment) as they rushed to the hospital, because he thought it might be all that was holding him together.  When Gary finally took off his belt, his partner saw that the bullet hit the belt and did not penetrate Gary’s skin.[3]  That was a day in the life of an LAPD cop.  Below are images from that day.

Gary relates many amazing incidents in his book There's a Fish in the Courthouse.  Gary was from the old school: he believed in the ideal of law enforcement, and that through a properly functioning legal system there could be a more just society. 

When I met Gary in early 1989, he gave me the best advice I could get: no organization in America would help Dennis, either governmental or private.  Dennis’ experience was not that unusual.  U.S. judicial gangsterism was normal, but nearly always covered up or misrepresented by the media, as they are an integral part of the system.  Gary's advice kept me from wasting my time seeking somebody in the United States government to help.  Gary’s insight helped lead to Dennis’ miraculous release from jail.  In my hour of need, Gary was generous with his time, sincere, and helpful. 

The first edition of There's a Fish in the Courthouse was published in 1987, and tells of an incredible meeting that Gary attended in late 1963.  One of Gary's friends was Audie Murphy, America's most decorated war hero who became a Hollywood movie star.  During World War II, Murphy took on hundreds of German soldiers and six tanks single-handedly near Holtzwihr France, while he was firing a machine gun from atop a burning vehicle filled with explosives.  It stands as one of the most heroic feats from any war.  Murphy suffered from “shell shock” (now called Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) for the rest of his life. 

One of Murphy's friends was Bill Decker, the sheriff of Dallas County.  Decker came to California regularly on business, and when he came to town, Gary would arrange for Murphy, Decker, himself and his partner to dine at the Police Academy.  About two weeks after the JFK assassination, in early December 1963, Decker was in town and they all had lunch together.  The topic of conversation quickly turned to what arms experts across the nation were discussing: how could Oswald have made those shots with that poor shooting position and mediocre rifle to kill John Kennedy?  Nobody at that table thought it was possible for Oswald to have made those shots.  After they arrived at their conclusion, Decker told them that he knew Oswald had not fired the shots, and that a man in Dallas wanted to talk to somebody about it.  Oswald died while being transferred to Decker’s custody.  Decker knew somebody who could set the record straight, and wanted to talk to somebody not connected to Dallas or Washington.  Murphy was interested, and the next week, Murphy, Gary and his partner were flying to Ruidoso, New Mexico to meet Decker and his friend. 

They met at the airport and went to a diner to talk.  The man who came with Decker was named John.  According to John, Oswald was anything but a “lone nut.”  He was a U.S. intelligence agent acting under the direction of E. Howard Hunt.  Oswald had been recruited into military intelligence when he joined the Marines.  His hanging out in an expensive Tokyo nightclub as a private, his learning Russian at the highly sensitive U-2 base in Japan, his defection to the Soviet Union and other oddities were all part of his intelligence career (which probably began even before his Marine days, when he was a cadet in 1955 in David Ferrie’s Civil Air Patrol unit.  “Coincidentally,” Oswald began his “fascination” with communism at the same time).  Oswald was developing "communist" credentials for his future activities in infiltrating communist organizations.  It was a fairly normal American intelligence path.[4] 

Oswald was inducted into CIA covert activities and came under Hunt’s direction.  Hunt was a major player in mounting the failed Bay of Pigs invasion, and he, as with many others in the military and CIA, blamed Kennedy for the failure (Kennedy refused to call in openly American air support).  Hunt dreamed up the crazy assassination attempts on Castro that the United States tried.  His mission in life was eliminating Castro.  Oswald came into his control, and was thrown into the cauldron of the Cuban exile communities in Miami and New Orleans.  Oswald did not initially know what his mission would be. 

Hunt was paranoid about Oswald's Russian wife, thinking that she might be a Russian spy, so Oswald could tell her nothing about his activities.  Oswald’s joining Fair Play for Cuba and his staged “murder attempt” on General Walker were all part of giving Oswald “credentials” that would make his upcoming performance more believable.  Hunt had concocted the most bizarre assassination intrigue of all time. Oswald was going to participate in a fake assassination attempt on John Kennedy, and frame Castro for it.  Oswald’s apparent visit to the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City was part of laying an elaborate trail to Cuba.  Hunt believed that if Castro could be implicated in an assassination attempt on JFK, the American people could be riled up into supporting an outright invasion of Cuba. 

JFK was not aware of the fake assassination plan, but high-ranking officials in the government and his administration were.  Military intelligence, the FBI and the CIA were all involved.  Oswald was initially leery of Hunt’s plan, but with assurances and after seeing the high-level people involved, he went along with it.  Oswald was to fire his rifle into the air, then go into hiding, and the false trail to Cuba was laid.  He could come home to a hero’s welcome and live a normal life after America had finished mopping up Cuba. 

But something went horribly wrong.  The fake assassination turned into a real one.  Somebody had infiltrated the operation, interposed the mission and killed JFK.  The real assassins tried killing Oswald after JFK was killed, but policeman Tippit was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was killed.  Oswald escaped, to be captured alive.  John said that he knew that Oswald would not have shot a policeman under any circumstances. 

At the end of his mind-blowing tale, John handed over a thick manila envelope, sealed with wax with a thumbprint on it, that contained the documents John said would prove his story. 

Murphy, Gary and his partner went back to California.  They knew that the situation was too big and dangerous for them to pursue.  John said that if he went public with his story, he would quickly disappear, never to be heard from again.  A few days after that meeting, Decker called Murphy.  As John was telling his story, the CIA and intelligence community was in shock.  They did not know what to do, paralyzed with fear.  As they recovered from their shock, they saw themselves facing the firing squad if their involvement in the assassination intrigue became known.  The intelligence community decided they would do everything they could to cover their tracks, invoking “national security.”  Decker told Murphy that John had given him the envelope of documents in a moment of panic, and that if Murphy did not give the envelope back, he would be “destroyed.”  Murphy did some fast thinking and told Decker that they had torn the envelope into pieces and threw them out of the airplane as they were flying back to California. 

That is what Gary says he witnessed, and I believe him.  In the first edition of his book, Gary hid John's identity.  Because John was dead when Gary published the second edition of his book in 1996, Gary revealed that “John” was John Tower, the Senator from Texas and George Bush’s little buddy who he nominated to be the Secretary of Defense. 

Gary wrote his book in the early 1970s.  New evidence keeps coming to light regarding the JFK assassination.  Because of what Gary saw, I knew that Oswald was not a lone nut.  The center of gravity of my research into the JFK assassination has been to see how it correlated with Gary's testimony.  Every piece of credible evidence I have seen supports Gary’s story, and none contradicts it.  Particularly impressive has been the recent revelations of Operation Northwoods, where the U.S. government was going to stage terrorist acts in America to manipulate Americans into supporting an invasion of Cuba.  Gary’s story touches upon many facets of the JFK assassination evidence, including Oswald's military intelligence days, his association with the Cuban exiles, the “Texas Connection,” the “Republican Connection,” the oilman connection, the George Bush connection, the CIA connection, the FBI connection and others.  Up until now (2002), Gary's testimony has been ignored by virtually everybody involved in investigating the JFK assassination.  Gary is the only surviving member of that meeting with John Tower.  Tower and Murphy both died in private plane “accidents” that may not have been accidental.

Gary's career ended in Ventura County when he stumbled into corruption that boggles the mind.  Gary names names, and I knew some of the people he named in his book, and knew of many of the events.  I independently believed his version of some events before I met him.  When he encountered the corruption in Ventura, which ended his career, he fought back and survived a murder attempt himself.  Those who run Ventura County are judges on the Superior Court, real estate developers, politicians and the like.  According to Gary, political murder was common in Ventura County, where judges, lawyers and other people who got in the way or were expendable were murdered, sometimes by private plane “accidents,” mysterious drownings, etc. 

Hollywood has made many movies and TV shows about the police and crime in Los Angeles, especially during the 1930s, 1940s and '50s, such as LA Confidential and Chinatown.  Gary worked out of the downtown and Hollywood precincts during his days as an LAPD cop.  Later in his career, he became an investigator for the LA District Attorney's Office.  In the early days of Gary’s career, he was assigned to keep watch on Mickey Cohen, who ran LA’s organized crime operations.  Cohen, Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lansky were Jewish gangsters.  Siegel “built” Las Vegas.  Cohen ran the LA crime scene for many years.  In typical gangster style, Cohen’s hangouts were often boxing arenas, racetracks, restaurants, etc.  Gary followed Cohen around as part of his job.  One member of Cohen’s entourage, who Gary saw regularly, was an aspiring lawyer who sat on the Ninth District Federal Court for many years.  I saw his name in the news a few years ago, and he is still a judge, at nearly 80 years of age in 2002.  The man is a gangster, and a federal judge, and the media and establishment has been lavishing praise on him lately, with awards and hagiographic articles. 

The connection between Frank Sinatra and organized crime is one of many in the entertainment field (or the CIA, or George Bush, or Joe Kennedy, or entertainment and law enforcement, such as Elvis Presley and the FBI, or the FBI and organized crime).  Along with good food and pretty women, first-class entertainment is another gangster perk.  Gangsters keep entertainers as their “pets” when they can.  The Las Vegas connection and entertainment is a case in point.  Cohen was deeply involved in the Hollywood scene. 

One of Cohen’s specialties was blackmailing celebrities, such as obtaining compromising photographs of them to use as leverage.  The Mafia had the goods on FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, a transvestite.  Because of their blackmail, Hoover publicly denied organized crime’s existence, and the FBI rarely tried prosecuting them.  When Robert Kennedy prosecuted organized crime when he was Attorney General, he was breaking the unwritten rules. 

One of Cohen's successes involved Lana Turner.  Johnny Stompanato was a good-looking, aspiring Italian gangster, one of the gangster wannabees that filled Los Angeles in those days.  The LA hookers said that the Italian Stallion Stompanato was the best bedroom performer in LA, and Cohen arranged for him to meet Turner.  The romance flourished.  Cohen paid for a deluxe motel suite for the lovers.  The bed was wired for sound.  Cohen got a recording of Stompanato and Turner going at it.  Cohen had two thousand copies pressed of Turner’s squeals of ecstasy.  It became a hit at Hollywood parties.  Some said that it was one of Turner’s finest performances.  It made Cohen a lot of money, as he sold the record for fifty dollars a copy.  Turner’s daughter eventually murdered Stompanato, creating one of Hollywood’s bigger scandals.  That recording became the “must have” item after Stompanato’s death, and Cohen pressed thousands more records, making big money.

As Gary followed Cohen, sometimes putting him under sophisticated surveillance, Gary met members of Cohen’s entourage.  In 1946, Gary saw somebody new with Cohen at the racetrack.  In 1947, he bumped into him at a restaurant he was watching.  The man knew Gary was a cop, yet they had an interesting conversation.  The man introduced himself as Jack Ruby.  His real name was Jacob Rubenstein, and he worked with Mick Cohen.  Ruby openly told Gary that the mob was focusing its operations on New Orleans and Havana, where the action was.  With World War II over, the West Coast was not really the happening place anymore.  Ruby murdered Oswald, and Gary presents intriguing evidence regarding the organized crime connection with the JFK assassination. 

In 1948, the state of Israel was established.  Menachem Begin eventually became Israel's Prime Minister.  Begin was a member of the Irgun terrorist group.  He helped blow up a hotel, killing many people.  When Begin was the Israeli Prime Minister, he could not visit Britain, because he was wanted for murder there.  The people who established Israel were extremely violent.  Mick Cohen became involved with Begin, and became an arms dealer for Israel, which is not surprising to anybody who has done any digging into the CIA’s alliances.  Cohen said that his Jewish blood made him such a fervent supporter of Israel, but he was likely in it for the money, as usual. 

In Israel’s early days, their relationship with the United States was not happy, and was particularly troubled during the Eisenhower administration.[5]  It was not until the war of 1967, when Israel proved itself a murderously aggressive power in the Middle East, grabbing huge chunks of land from its neighbors, that the United States began its massive and unconditional support of Israel, which is the biggest foreign aid project the world has ever seen.  In 1960, the U.S. presidential election was between Nixon (Eisenhower’s vice president) and John Kennedy. 

Kennedy was a legendary philanderer, and Cohen and friends tried exploiting JFK’s proclivities.  According to legend, John Kennedy met Marilyn Monroe through a connection with Frank Sinatra.  Right there is a possible organized crime connection, but Gary says that another member of the “rat pack,” Joey Bishop (who knew Cohen well - Gary says that Bishop even worked for Cohen), came up with the idea of introducing Monroe to JFK, and Gary looked in on Peter Lawford’s (JFK’s in-law) Malibu party where JFK and Monroe were introduced, in 1960, during the Democratic national convention. 

As with Stompanato and Turner, Cohen underling Georgie Piscitelli became Monroe’s lover.  Cohen got a tape of them in bed together and played it for Jimmy Hoffa, the Teamster boss who later received cement shoes from the Mafia, and who was then feeling the heat from Attorney General Bobby Kennedy.  They promised Hoffa a tape of JFK and Monroe in bed together (so Hoffa could blackmail JFK into calling off Bobby Kennedy’s efforts), but could never deliver.  Monroe was being used as the world’s highest-class hooker.[6]  Cohen and friends wanted to know what Kennedy's intentions towards Israel were.  Monroe was supposed to elicit it during pillow talk.  Monroe was controlled by mobsters and was kept on all manner of narcotic.  When she became increasingly uncontrollable and potentially dangerous if she publicly talked about what was happening, she was murdered.  Gary had Cohen under surveillance, and caught him and Begin having a conversation in Yiddish in a diner.  They were talking about Kennedy, Israel, how much money Kennedy was wasting on the Peace Corps and other programs. 

Gary's testimony regarding JFK, John Tower, Marilyn Monroe, Menachem Begin, Jack Ruby and Mick Cohen is just part of his amazing tale, which he published at great risk.  The only JFK assassination book I am aware of that even mentions Gary is Final Judgment, by Michael Collins Piper, who heavily relies on Gary’s testimony.  Gary thinks that Jewish gangsters were involved in interposing Hunt’s grand scheme.  That does not mean that Allen Dulles (the CIA chief whom Kennedy fired over the Bay of Pigs, and who later served on the Warren Commission), J. Edgar Hoover, George Bush and others were not also involved in interposing Hunt’s scheme, playing Hunt for a chump.

Piper is a reporter for The Spotlight, which I subscribed to for years.  It has understandably been described as a neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic publication.  The culmination of Gary's book is uncovering a vast Jewish crime organization.  It is different from the Italian Mafia, as its members are judges, politicians and other public figures.  It is a highly intelligent crime organization, using the pen more than the gun to achieve its goals.  The most powerful criminals do not break the laws: they make and enforce the laws, to serve their own interests, not the public’s. 

Gary has suffered greatly at the hands of Jewish gangsters.  Consequently, I believe he has taken his Jewish theorizing a little too far, but it is understandable.  During my days with Dennis and the horror I lived through, I thought policeman and lawyers were among the lowest forms of life.  I have since revised my views, but I understand how brutal treatment at the hands of Jewish gangsters can lead to overgeneralizations regarding the Jewish people. 

The Jewish people have had a very rough ride, especially at Christendom’s hands.  The flocking of Jews to Southern California was just one more chapter in their long journeys, trying to find a place in the Christian world where they would not be discriminated against, or murdered en masse.  Consequently, Jews entered new industries such as the entertainment industry in Hollywood, and some took advantage of Prohibition, just as Italian criminals did.  Cohen, Siegel and Lansky were part of a uniquely American phenomenon.  What Gary ran into, a Jewish underworld where the criminals were bankers, judges, lawyers, politicians and others, is an understandable Jewish variation of organized crime.  The Jewish gangsters also sought “invisibility,” which is also common in corporate and other power games. 

Even though Gary has taken his theorizing about the Jewish people too far, he is correct when he says that Jewish apologists have been using the cry of “anti-Semitism” as a club to prevent anybody from criticizing Israel (and Gary says the same tactic prevents the exposure of Jewish gangster activities).  Noam Chomsky says the same thing about how the cry of anti-Semitism is being used to deflect criticism of the Israeli state.[7]  So does Native American scholar Ward Churchill.[8]  Jewish scholars are definitely guilty of playing up the Jewish Holocaust and its imagined historical exclusivity, to the point where some have denied the Gypsy Holocaust of World War II.  Gypsies were subject to the same extermination policies as the Jews were, dying alongside the Jews in the same death camps.  All the same, the far-right scholarship that argues that the Jewish Holocaust never happened, or was never intended by the Nazis, is, in the words of Ward Churchill, “tripe.”  If one is not familiar with scholarship’s “rules,” the-Jewish-Holocaust-Never-Happened scholarship can appear reasonable.  Far right scholarship on the subject is extremely biased, and is often appallingly bad.  Typically, they use a few “facts” to establish their arguments, but then liberally add rumor, supposition and fabrication into the mix to construct their hypothesis. 

All disinformation has “truth” and “facts” in it (which is what makes it plausible), and to the uninitiated can unfortunately be convincing.  Probably the main reason Gary’s testimony is dismissed is because of his fervent writings about Jewish gangsters, and generalizations about the Jewish people that can easily be labeled anti-Semitic.  In 1998, I submitted a brief essay about Gary’s testimony to a JFK assassination forum, and the only response was to flame me, call my writing a “fairy tale,” call Murphy a “coward” and Gary a “Nazi.”  Yet, Gary’s theories have virtually nothing to do with what Gary says he witnessed.  I believe everything that Gary says he saw, including his meeting with John Tower, and Jews do not come up in the John Tower conversation at all.

The surfacing of the Operation Northwoods documents in 2001, however, may make Gary’s testimony vastly more credible, as Tower’s tale is very similar to the plans as depicted in the Operations Northwoods documents.  I have spent hundreds of hours looking into the JFK assassination evidence since 1989, and I have never seen any piece of credible evidence contradict Gary’s testimony, and evidence has kept appearing during the past fourteen years that keeps confirming it.  The next section will deal Gary’s account of John Tower and JFK, and how it fits today’s evidence. 

Assessing the Credibility of Gary’s Story, and How it Fits the Facts

Up until now, Gary’s testimony regarding Tower and JFK has been ignored by, or unknown to, nearly everybody involved in the JFK assassination controversy.  This section is written in the hope that the recent Operation Northwoods revelations will spark more interest in Gary’s tale.  James Bamford, the author who brought the Northwoods documents to American attention in his Body of Secrets (an Australian work, Jon Elliston’s 1999 Psy War on Cuba, first publicly disclosed the documents, but the book was ignored in the U.S.), wrote that the Northwoods plan “may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.”[9]  There is plenty of competition for “most corrupt plan” in American history. 

George Washington, probably America’s richest man when he became president, whose fortune was anything but “clean,” designed the blueprint to steal the North American continent from Native Americans, by forcing them to cede their lands in treaties that the U.S. government would never honor.  Washington’s plan was quickly adopted by the Continental Congress, and was U.S. official policy until there were virtually no more native lands left to steal.  Thomas Jefferson told Big Lies to both the British and Spanish ambassadors about U.S. intentions toward North American lands.  The U.S. government during the 19th century was more openly corrupt than in the twentieth century. 

The 20th century began with the U.S. consolidating its theft of the last shreds of Spain’s colonial lands, which began with robber baron William Randolph Hearst whipping up the American people to invade Cuba, to “free them” from Spain (under the false pretense that Cuba sank an American warship in Havana Harbor).  The lie of the U.S.’ “noble intentions” was immediately laid bare when it also seized the Philippines, and then engaged in a genocidal attack against the Filipinos when they tried becoming independent of the new imperial overlords.  To the Filipinos, it mattered little if the overlords were Spanish, American or Japanese.  While the U.S. was still digesting its land grabs from Spain, it engaged in its first experiment in neocolonialism, with the outright theft and fabrication of Panama, separating it from Colombia, and then the U.S. immediately split it with the Panama Canal Zone.  The United States invaded Latin America at will after the creation of Panama. 

Panama was a free nation in name only.  Wall Street lawyer William Nelson Cromwell ran the “free Panama” operation.  He was a founder of the Sullivan and Cromwell law firm.  In the Panama operation, Cromwell ran a syndicate largely bankrolled by J.P. Morgan, and the American taxpayer was ultimately swindled by their subterfuge, in the biggest single payment the American government had ever made, up to that time.  John Foster Dulles inherited Cromwell’s empire.  Dulles became Eisenhower’s Secretary of State, and his brother Allen ran the CIA.  Both men were partners in Sullivan and Cromwell.  Allen and John Foster were particularly fond of Nazi Germany, heavily investing in it during the 1930s.  After World War II ended, Allen quickly “rehabilitated” Hitler’s biggest cheerleaders in German banking and industry, and put them right back into the positions they enjoyed while supporting Hitler’s regime. 

John Foster Dulles’ behaviors while serving as Eisenhower’s Secretary of State added a new word to the dictionary: brinksmanship.  Dulles’ notion of diplomacy with the Soviet Union was threatening it with nuclear attack.  The Cromwell-Dulles empire was quite active in Latin America.  One of Sullivan and Cromwell’s clients was the Rockefeller-owned United Fruit, which “owned” Guatemala.  In 1951, Jacobo Arbenz became Guatemala’s president, and he nationalized some of United Fruit’s unused land, with a plan to compensate them for it.  Arbenz was a fan of Franking Roosevelt, and tried building a New Deal-style economy in Guatemala.  Citing the “international communist conspiracy” fantasy, the Dulles brothers engineered the overthrow of Arbenz in 1954, and the Guatemalan people were treated to a string of brutal U.S.-puppet-dictators for more than the next thirty years, which took hundreds of thousands of lives, while the entire nation (except for the ruling class) lived in misery.  The year before overthrowing the Guatemalan government, the Dulles brothers reacted to Iran’s attempt to nationalize Britain’s oil monopoly by overthrowing the Iranian government.  The U.S. began taking over Middle East oil on behalf of the American oil companies, which “coincidentally” also served Rockefeller interests.  The Shah’s reign was one of the bloodier chapters in modern Middle East history. 

The 1950s also saw the U.S. invasion of Korea, and millions were killed.  Those were also the years of the McCarthy witch hunts and the marketing of industrial waste to Americans as “medicine.”  So, corruption was far from unknown, especially during that era, and far right, anti-communist hysteria was imbedded in America’s psyche as deeply as any catechism ever was.  People such as Ralph McGehee eventually realized what a Big Lie the anti-communist ideology was.  It was a smokescreen designed to disguise and protect imperial/corporate prerogatives. 

When Castro’s boys finally overthrew a U.S. puppet in Latin America in 1959, the super-hawks in the Eisenhower administration could barely contain themselves.  As with most who have been called “communist,” Castro was originally simply an anti-imperialist, and Cuba has long had Latin America’s highest standard of living, ever since the Cuban Revolution (there are no homeless in Cuba, something the U.S. could learn from).  The thought that other Latin American nations might follow Cuba’s example and break free of American domination was intolerable, and in the 1960s and 1970s the U.S. overthrew more than a dozen elected Latin Americas governments and installed U.S.-backed dictatorships, some of which were among the 20th century’s bloodiest regimes.[10]  The official reason why America has named Cuba a pariah nation, and led economic warfare against it for more than forty years, is because of its “human rights” violations.  The American-puppet governments in Guatemala and El Salvador during the 1980s make Castro’s Cuba appear saintly on the human rights issue.  The same goes for today’s Colombia (earth’s most violent nation), as the Colombian government receives vast sums of arms from the U.S., to “fight terror.”  The rationale used to be to fight “communists,” and then “drug dealers” after the Soviet Union collapsed, and now we are fighting “terror” in Colombia.  What will the next rationale be?  The same peasants are being killed, and the same oil companies are rubbing their hands at the prospects of exploiting the region.

Eisenhower was rather incensed that the Cuban Revolution came during his watch, and asked his military leaders to “think of manufacturing something that would be generally acceptable” to justify invading Cuba.  Eisenhower even harbored those ideas as a lame duck president, soon before JFK’s inauguration.[11]  Shortly before Eisenhower left office, he appointed a hawk among hawks, General Lyman Lemnitzer, to be the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS).  Lemnitzer thoroughly distrusted civilian politicians, and felt that the military should run the American government.  Ironically, Lemnitzer’s kind may be just what Eisenhower was warning against when he ominously spoke of the growing power of the “military-industrial complex,” three days before he left office. 

The antagonism between the military and CIA goes back to World War II, when Wild Bill Donovan and other Wall Street lawyers and executives founded and ran the Office of Strategic Services (OSS - the direct forerunner of the CIA), and they prevailed in the battle over who ran the U.S. intelligence scene, and quickly hired Nazis to staff the CIA after World War II was over. 

JFK came to office as the CIA was about to mount an invasion of Cuba.  Lemnitzer knew it would be a disaster, but remained silent.  The Bay of Pigs debacle cost Allen Dulles his job, but did nothing to cool the hawks’ ardor.  While E. Howard Hunt, who planned the Bay of Pigs operation (and would later plan the Watergate break-in), was devising plans to assassinate Castro, with plans seemingly out of Maxwell Smart’s spy manual, General Lemnitzer and friends devised plans to justify invading Cuba, and Operation Northwoods was conceived.  Although some caution is warranted regarding the authenticity of the Northwoods documents, they are in step with the times, and what the Joint Chiefs of Staff were thinking in those days.  Not even the establishment-defending mainstream media is disputing the documents’ authenticity.  Only some of the far right fringe is disputing them, to my knowledge, and they have yet to make a persuasive case.  The documents appear genuine, and only came to light when Oliver Stone’s film JFK inspired the creation of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), which was formed in 1994. 

An ARRB member allegedly tipped off Bamford as to the documents’ existence, and they might be the only documents like them to survive Lemnitzer’s document-destroying fervor.  What kinds of plans are in the Northwoods documents?  An early idea was to stage a fake attack on the Guantanamo Bay naval base in Cuba.  The Northwoods ideas became increasingly extreme, and one plan was blowing up the rocket that John Glenn was about to fly in, and pin it on Cuba somehow.  They planned plane hijackings and bombings of American cities.  One plan that has received attention from the 9/11 conspiracy theorists was to stage an incident over Cuba with a drone plane made to look like an airliner.  The plane would self-destruct over Cuba, to make it appear as if the Cubans shot it down.  Lemnitzer reported to John McNamara, JFK’s Secretary of Defense.  Lemnitzer increasingly fell from grace in the JFK administration, and a few days after Lemnitzer tried broaching his grand plan to McNamara, JFK told Lemnitzer that there was no chance of the U.S. ever using direct military force against Cuba.  That was in 1962, and Lemnitzer soon lost his job as the JCS chairman, but Bamford wrote, “Even after Lemnitzer lost his job, the Joint Chiefs kept planning ‘pretext’ operations at least into 1963.”[12]

Having the military and government cooking up plans, no matter how insane, bloody or evil they might seem, does not mean they were ever approved or implemented.  When McNamara was confronted with the Northwoods revelations, he denied that Lemnitzer ever showed him the plan, which may have been true.  JFK’s speechwriter Theodore Sorensen also denied such a plan, saying that it would have been “illegal” and “unwise.”  Being illegal and unwise has rarely stopped the U.S. government from doing anything, particularly during the current “War on Terror” and impending invasion of Iraq.  Before the Soviet Union set off its first nuclear bomb, the U.S. military had a plan for dropping dozens of atomic bombs on the Soviet Union, and then using the U.S.’ Nazi-allies to finish the job.  Cooler heads prevailed, thankfully.  Similarly, after the U.S. dropped atom bombs on Japan, there were still die-hard Japanese generals who did not want to surrender.  The man who designed the kamikaze attack strategy proposed a post-Hiroshima plan to sacrifice about twenty million Japanese citizens in a special kamikaze attack.  Once again, sanity prevailed.  It is not imprudent to believe that the Northwoods documents are genuine, and that Lemnitzer and friends seriously pondered them. 

Whether the Northwoods plan was ever implemented, or capable of implementation, is not the point of this essay.  The point is that the Northwoods plan was eerily similar to the tale that Gary Wean reported.  The plan that John Tower spoke of seems to have been a CIA parallel to the JCS plan, or perhaps its offspring.  The plans are so similar in aims and means, that to not take Gary’s testimony seriously is to ignore the evidence.  Not only are the plans remarkably similar, with one targeting the America public for “terror,” and the other targeting the head of state, but it is widely recognized that the Gulf of Tonkin incident of 1964 was either exaggerated or fabricated by the U.S. government, in the spirit of the Northwoods plan, something that was not lost on Bamford in his latest book.  I know somebody who worked for the U.S. Navy in 1964, and he told me that some of his work was used by the Navy to fabricate the Gulf of Tonkin incident.  The Gulf of Tonkin incident initiated the devastation of Southeast Asia, which killed several million people, and the U.S. government’s motives were obviously fraudulent.

Fabricating incidents to justify invasion is a very old game.  The United States initiated/fabricated a border incident to justify the huge land grab known as the Mexican-American War.  Hitler probably had his boys burn the Reichstag to “justify” his police state, and Hitler’s lads dressed up concentration camp inmates in Polish uniforms to fabricate a border incident to justify invading Poland, which began World War II.  The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was certainly no “surprise” to the American military brass, and there is substantial evidence that the American men in Pearl Harbor were sacrificed to lure the isolationist American people into World War II.  Michael Ruppert and others have presented compelling evidence that the World Trade Center attacks had prior knowledge by many people, and may have been “allowed to happen,” with foreknowledge perhaps extending to the White House.  In 1998, Zbigniew Brzezinski openly bragged about the U.S. arming and inciting the Afghani “rebels” as a way to lure the Soviet Union into Afghanistan and its “Vietnam.”  Brzezinski’s little plan killed and/or devastated many millions of people, as he played his global chess game.  Thinking that Hunt's alleged plan is "too far out" is to be ignorant of history, and/or falling prey to the myth of American exceptionalism, as every nationalist ideology encourages.[13] 

Gary wrote most of his book during the early 1970s, as he was trying to survive what the gangsters who ran Ventura County were dishing out, and his wife typed it up.  He first published his book in 1987.  Gary’s book is more like a diary than anything else, and is certainly not a work of scholarship.  Because I know Gary a little, and he and I lived in the same milieu for awhile (bearing the brunt of evil dished out by the same people), and I got to see his integrity and helpfulness in action, I have always believed what he reports as his experiences.  Not only did I have experiences like his, I have since come into contact with a man who was a policeman in Ventura when Gary was working there, and he has vouched for some events that Gary described, as he saw them too.  Gary’s theories, particularly about the Jewish mob and Jewish people, I have considerable skepticism about.  True skepticism, however, means pursuing the truth, not dismissing something out of hand, with a priori reasoning, as the “skeptical” crowd has a penchant for.  People who survive Gary’s kind of experiences are not going to publish a book like his in the hopes that it makes a lot of money, or deceives the public, but to tell a story that needs to be told.  In that regard, Gary is like Ralph McGehee, Rodney Stich and Dennis Lee, and he will always have my greatest respect for his courage and willingness to face the dark underbelly of our vaunted system, and try to do something about it.  There are not many like Gary, whatever extremes of theorizing his arduous journey may have led him to engage in. 

Even if Gary’s timing of the Tower conversation is discounted (three weeks after the assassination), or when Gary wrote about it (about ten years later), many details of the Tower conversation did not come into public awareness until after Gary first published his book in 1987.  The Northwoods documents and the plans for framing Cuba have not come into public awareness until relatively recently.  The revelations of what really happened between the U.S. and Cuba during the 1960s did not start becoming public knowledge until the 1990s, after the Soviet Union collapsed and documents began coming forward from the former Soviet Union.  Ironically, researchers have often encountered more document availability in the former Soviet Union than they have in the United States.  Some revelations have been chilling, such as the fact that during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, when JFK administration hawks wanted to invade Cuba, there were already numerous nuclear-armed missiles in Cuba, aimed at the U.S. and ready to go.  The Soviet commander in charge of the Cuban nukes admitted that if the United States had invaded Cuba, he would have fired the nukes.  It is the closest the world has ever come to a nuclear holocaust, and it was only JFK’s overriding his hawks that kept (a very short lived) World War III from happening.  In light of those revelations, a plan to frame Castro to justify invading Cuba is right out of Dr. Strangelove. 

A significant possible connection between Lemnitzer’s plan and Tower’s tale is General Edwin Walker.  Walker was Lemnitzer’s soul brother, Walker being a John Birch Society member, as well as a KKK member.  Walker helped initiate a “race riot” in Little Rock in 1961, and handed out John Birch material to his troops.  Walker’s antics cost him his career, and a pre-JFK-assassination Senate investigation into Walker suspected that Lemnitzer was connected to Walker’s efforts.  Oswald's "assassination attempt" on Walker sure raises more suspicion than it did before the Northwoods documents surfaced, particularly in light of Gary's tale. To top it off, they supposedly let Oswald keep the rifle he "shot at" Walker with, so he could "kill" JFK with it. That is one of many astounding irregularities in Oswald's tale, vis-à-vis law enforcement.

The framing Cuba angle was certainly not in public awareness in 1963 or 1987, and I believe that only with the Northwoods documents, which did not come to American public awareness until 2001, that the framing Cuba angle has become publicly known as government policy.  For cautious researchers, it would be most prudent to compare Gary’s book versus what was publicly known in 1987.  There is plenty of JFK-associated evidence that has come to light since 1987, which further confirms Gary’s tale, but it will be up to other researchers, not me, to nail down what all those pieces might be.  I want to paint a possible picture that accounts for Gary’s reporting, and I have little doubt that the bulk of his reporting of the John Tower conversation is straight as Gary can tell it, with perhaps some minor shading of it, unconsciously, by events that happened after the Tower conversation, and before Gary wrote about it. 

If Gary’s tale is true, many people around the “fake assassination” project were unaware that it would turn into a real assassination, especially Lee Harvey Oswald.  Up until 11/22/63, America was in denial about a lot of things, and the naïveté of Americans back then was fairly astonishing, with about 85% of Americans having “great faith” in America’s institutions (governments, corporations, churches, etc.), a number that is only about 15% today (or even lower, in these “War on Terror,” priest-pedophilia, Enron days).  However, many lived lives of quiet desperation, with American housewives being the biggest customer class of Valium when it was introduced in the 1950s, to keep them doped up so they could try acting the part of June Cleaver; getting the newspaper, dinner, slippers and pipe ready for her husband, as he returned home from the office or factory.

Until the bullets hit JFK, Oswald, Hunt, Tower and quite a few others were probably being played as chumps by whoever pulled off the JFK hit.  The fabrication of Oswald’s trail to Cuba, his “commie” credentials and the like were probably not done as carefully as they would be today.  That is because the American public was so trusting, they would swallow anything that officialdom told them.  Whether that was in fact true, it is reasonable to think that Hunt and friends operated under that assumption.  In Hunt’s designs, the trail to Cuba would not be subject to much public scrutiny, and would only be needed until the Cuban invasion and Castro overthrow was complete. 

Oswald was seen in the book depository lunchroom soon after JFK’s shooting, and the Warren Commission had to construct an involved scenario to explain Oswald’s alleged movements.  The evidence tends to support the idea that Oswald sat in the lunchroom the entire time period surrounding the assassination.[14]  If the mission was interposed, Oswald would have certainly not have been in the “sniper’s nest” as a real assassination was being carried out.  The likeliest series of events was that Oswald was told to go to the lunchroom and await further orders, or perhaps wait for a phone call.  It is hard to say when Oswald realized that he had been set up, but it was probably less than a minute after JFK was shot.  The “fake” plan would have called for Oswald to leave the building anyway, as even a fake hit would have brought plenty of attention onto the book depository.  Because of the Magic Bullet’s wildly improbable tale, I think it likely that people on the real assassination team set up the “sniper’s nest.”[15] 

If Hunt’s operation was infiltrated, it is hard to know just who was on the “inside” and who was not.  Even on Oswald’s “team,” it is hard to know who was really on the inside in Dallas, and who was among Hunt’s chumps.  The story generally agreed upon is that Oswald left the book depository before police sealed the building, and walked seven blocks to catch a bus.  He soon left the bus and took a cab.[16]  Depending on what testimony and evidence is believed, Oswald entered the movie theater before policeman J.D. Tippit was murdered, or soon afterward.  If Oswald was the intelligence operative Tower said he was, he may have had a “double,” and the double may have been in town as part of the real hit team.  Whatever the real events were, according to Tower’s tale, Oswald realized that he was set up, and was doing his best to stay out of jail, and alive.  He always referred to himself as a patsy, which is not the stance one would expect for an assassin. 

If Tower’s tale is true, Oswald’s trail to Cuba may have been fabricated, perhaps including his trip to the Cuban embassy in Mexico City.  The photographic record in his military and CIA files may well be fabricated or altered.  If Tower’s tale is true, there is little information that came from the FBI or CIA that can be relied upon, which includes nearly all the evidence that the Warren Commission considered, because the “investigators” for the Warren Commission were the FBI and CIA.  The Warren Commission accepted at face value the CIA and FBI-produced evidence, with Allen Dulles on the commission (probably a case of the fox watching over the hens). 

When Gary said that Tower spoke of Hunt inventing the “exploding cigar” tactic to assassinate Castro, it could have been a slight mis-remembrance by Gary, or Tower had it slightly wrong (those events did not become public until after the Watergate Scandal and the Church Committee began looking into the CIA’s adventures, which was after Gary first drafted his book), as Hunt tried poisoning Castro’s cigar, not make an exploding one.[17]  That is a minor quibble with Gary’s work.  However, the big picture of Gary’s story - that Oswald was an intelligence agent working for Hunt, to stage a fake assassination attempt to frame Castro - has a rich correspondence with several lines of evidence.  Gary’s story fits startlingly with the main lines of evidence and speculation that has cropped up about Oswald, and there is enough uncertainty regarding various details that I have seen no credible avenue of evidence and theory regarding a conspiracy that Gary’s testimony may not fit with.  With the Northwoods revelations, the JFK assassination community can no longer easily dismiss/ignore Gary’s testimony, as it has been doing for the past fifteen years.  Joseph Milteer’s prediction of the JFK hit has been taken seriously by most JFK researchers, even though he was a right wing, KKK-type of guy.  Gary was a policeman and investigator, with a solid career going until he ran afoul of the gangsters that run Ventura County.  Does him being Audie Murphy’s friend count for anything, as far as his credibility?  If nothing else, the Northwoods documents may end up giving Gary’s tale due consideration. 

Gary’s experiences with Jack Ruby, Mick Cohen and the Jewish mob angle also need to be considered, as Ruby assassinated Oswald, and Gary was there in that milieu, even chatting with Ruby in 1947 about the mob’s plans for New Orleans and Cuba.[18]

There are numerous lines of JFK evidence to pursue, an undertaking that could take the rest of a person’s life.  This essay will deal with just one aspect of the JFK assassination evidence in detail, and people can make up their own minds regarding the truth of the issue, and see if it is worth pursuing further.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why bring

all sorts of different agencies into it and risk the confidentiality of the whole

thing?  Heck,  Hunt or even Phillips could decide to do something like that

all on their own.  The more people you tell the bigger the risk of somebody

not approving it or of blabbing. 

Hey Larry!

Yes - I gave this some thought as well. All I could come up with was a need to implicate/blackmail everyone. Perhaps through a paper trail, certainly through the use of whatever films were taken to which we do not have access. Then after-the-fact, you inform them of their new status as accomplices, to treason and the assassination of the Commander-in-Chief? On the other side, you arrange it so that the leads go off in so many directions that you have plausible denial, and a myraid of connections to follow. Multiple operations using multiple organizations with multiple goals...all the while pulling strings and coordinating from the shadows.

Just thinking...

- lee

• 10 months later...
Wade Frazier was a colleague/friend of Gary Wean. I have tried to contact him - so far unsuccessfully. He still maintains a website. Wade says that the information concerning 'John' being 'Tower' was released after Towers death. Interesting that Tower was the one that Oswald contacted from the USSR.

Wade Frazier joined the Forum today.

Hello:

This is one of the most informed and intelligent exchanges I have seen on the issue of Gary Wean and the JFK hit. I’ll tell some of what I know, and see if there is anything else anybody wants to know.

I am the author of this:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/cover-up.htm#wean

I did not know that Gary had died until I saw this thread. I considered him a friend, although we did not communicate very often. My last communication with him was almost four years ago. I hear there is some speculation about his death, and I do not know anything about it, but he was in his mid-eighties when he died.

Because he and I trod much of the same territory (had our lives ruined by the people who run Ventura County as their fiefdom), I can speak to how credible his testimony in general was, as far as what he witnessed. For one thing, being a policeman should give him some credibility.

I fully believe his John Tower story. Gary mostly wrote his book (written manuscript, typed up by his wife) in the early 1970s, while he was trying to survive what the Ventura County gangsters were serving up. That was many years before revelations such as Operation Northwoods became public knowledge, or even a lot of the stuff about what the U.S. was doing to Cuba.

When he first published his book in 1987, Gary hid Tower’s identity, calling him a large man. Tower was about five feet tall. When Tower’s plane “went down” (the day after another Senator died), Gary felt that he was free to tell Tower’s real identity, and he did so in the 1996 edition of his book.

Gary once told me that he gave Piper the idea for his book many years ago, when he walked into the Spotlight’s offices in Washington D.C. and talked to Piper for hours about the JFK hit and what he knew. Piper apparently published something before his Final Judgment that did not give Gary enough credit, but Gary is fairly prominent in Final Judgment. It is the only JFK book I am aware of that gives Gary any ink. Gary met with Andy Summers many years ago, but Summers has never mentioned him publicly, to my knowledge (Summers was researching Marilyn Monroe’s death at the time, and Gary was the man in the know about those days in Hollywood).

As is evident, Gary’s Tower Tale ties into several of the more compelling lines of evidence with the JFK hit, and yes, it does serve as a sort of meta-theory that can act as an umbrella for many lines of evidence. Until I read Gary’s book in 1989, I did not know much at all about the JFK hit (although, ironically, I lived in Oxnard when JFK died), but his testimony was the center of gravity into my JFK research ever since, and I never saw a credible piece of evidence rule out Gary’s tale, and over the years evidence has kept coming to light (such as the Northwoods document) that only makes his story more credible.

The point of my work has never been to “solve the crime,” but to show how unbelievable the official explanations are (and when Nixon himself called the Warren Report a hoax, I suppose it is not difficult to dismiss the official explanations).

Gary does go off the deep end on Jews in his work, but it is understandable, as he suffered so much at the hands of Jewish gangsters. Jews do not enter the Tower tale at all. The Ruby connection is an interesting one, however, and Gary met Ruby (Ruby was a fairly senior mob player, who Gary saw with Cohen, and Gary had an interesting chat with Ruby in 1947)

My interest lies more in other areas than the JFK hit, such as here:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/conun.htm

but I will answer your questions to the extent I am able.

Wade Frazier

Edited by Wade Frazier

Welcome Wade!

I have a lot of questions I had of course hoped to ask Gary Wean - it's a shame I was unable to do so prior to his death.

-Any ideas as to what became of the document that was given to Audie Murphy?

-Was foul play part of why Audie's place went down, and was that related to the document?

-Did Wean really provide information on the phone calls warning of JFK's impending assassination to RFK just before his assassination - originating from [memory] Ventura County Law Offices? Did Wean retain a copy?

-Have you considered the work of Jim Phelps in his DoeWatch? Jim is also a Forum member, and I'm hoping he'll have something to relate relative to the Piper thread - if it can get back on track.

-In terms of the overall scenario - do you have any opinions on it? Do you suppose that it may have been 100% a scenario that was provided exclusively to Oswald? Or that it indeed was a plan that may have been hijacked?

- Do you have any clue as to where this information would have been provided to Lee Oswald? Does Oak Ridge ring any bells?

- Any idea as to why Tower would have made this information available through Decker to Audie Murphy of all people?

- Any chance that Wean may have known Loran Hall?

-If it was a scenario, of which possibly even JFK himself was aware, since I found an obscure reference once to his having created an assassination film of himself months before the actual event - which was strange - do you believe that the Jewish and Italian Maffia would have had sufficient power to have infilitrated the US Intelligence community to the point of hi-jacking such a plan?

-Do you believe that Karen Kupcinet was part of the phone call made from Ventura, or may have inadvertantly crossed lines with another caller?

-As per Thomas Purvis in another thread here, I was facinated to learn about yellow paint markers on the curbing on Elm street - does this somehow figure in to the fake or real plan?

-Could the number of misses in Dealey Plaza be attributed to a False assassination being unfortunately coupled with a real one?

-Did Gary ever comment on photos and films [the ones that were released] from Dealey Plaza? Did he recognize anyone, or perhaps know any identities of folks through Tower, etc.?

-Why do you suppose Bill Decker would have been forthcoming with the information and the contact to Audie Murphy?

-Any chance Audie Murphy may have been the contact 'in the music business' that was tipping off Kilgallen?

-Are you familiar with the HSCA testimony of Steve Osborne? Is it possible that the camera crews were in position for 2 reasons? Some unaware of what was to unfold [hard to believe].

That's probably enough for now - I don't expect you to have the answers, but would appreciate your opinion.

Welcome aboard - any input much appreciated!

- lee

Hi Lee:

I’ll respond after each question:

Welcome Wade!

I have a lot of questions I had of course hoped to ask Gary Wean - it's a shame I was unable to do so prior to his death.

-Any ideas as to what became of the document that was given to Audie Murphy?

I never asked and Gary never volunteered. Having information like that can be hazardous to one’s health, so I trod lightly there. A few years ago, Jim Fetzer asked me if I was interested in doing an interview/debrief of Gary regarding his JFK experiences, but I had other things more pressing on my plate. Gary was the last surviving member of that meeting with John Tower, Audie Murphy and Bill Decker. You could try to contact Gary’s widow, if she is still around. There are others you could contact who were closer to Gary than I was, if you want to try tracking that down.

-Was foul play part of why Audie's place went down, and was that related to the document?

Gary thought that both Murphy’s and Tower’s plane “accidents” were not accidents at all. Gary said that both planes exploded in mid-air. He saw that kind of stuff at the Santa Paula airport regularly, and Gary’s suspect for rigging the planes that “crashed” after taking off from the Santa Paula airport was the guy who got arrested with John DeLorean (but who knew too much, so the gangster judges who ran Ventura County made sure he disappeared right after he was released). Knocking out planes seems to be SOP (Wellstone, Carnahan, Torrijos, Roldòs and others

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/other.htm#neocolonialist

who were “in the way” have gone that way).

I do not have any inside info about their demises, but people in their world get bumped off for numerous reasons. I am skeptical that Tower and Murphy died because of their JFK knowledge. It is surmised that Tower died because he knew too much about other stuff, such as Iran-Contra. And sometimes a plane crash is just a plane crash.

-Did Wean really provide information on the phone calls warning of JFK's impending assassination to RFK just before his assassination - originating from [memory] Ventura County Law Offices? Did Wean retain a copy?

Gary wrote about it in his book, but I do not know what documentation there might have been. Unfortunately, plenty of stuff like that is going to be from the memories of those who saw it, and a lot of what Gary wrote about was due to witnessing the events or knowing those who did. Tracking down any documentation there is going to be a tall task.

-Have you considered the work of Jim Phelps in his DoeWatch? Jim is also a Forum member, and I'm hoping he'll have something to relate relative to the Piper thread - if it can get back on track.

Not familiar with it. Don’t keep up that much on that stuff anymore, sorry to say.

-In terms of the overall scenario - do you have any opinions on it? Do you suppose that it may have been 100% a scenario that was provided exclusively to Oswald? Or that it indeed was a plan that may have been hijacked?

I have some opinions on what I think happened, but they are leavened by my own experiences, so may be a bit colored and off base. I believe that Tower was involved in the operation that Oswald was part of (as was Tower’s good buddy George Bush the First). E. Howard Hunt “officially” ran it, but I have a suspicion that Hunt may have been “in on” having the fake assassination turn into a real one, or whoever used him thought he was a great dupe, so he was used to “mastermind” Watergate ( and was probably involved in the George Wallace shooting – so Gore Vidal thinks) and so on. It looks like whoever pulled off the JFK hit was probably involved with all of the next twenty years of assassinations and attempts (King, RFK, Wallace, both Ford attempts, Lennon, Reagan), as the MO was similar for all of them (“lone nuts” with intelligence connections and so on). 9/11 looks like a similar MO as the JFK hit and last year’s London bombing, where drills for the real thing became the real thing on that very day.

Oswald was obviously a patsy, just as he said. Ruby was involved in the hit (I’ll get to that later in this response). On the day of the shooting, I think that Oswald was probably managed and misdirected and probably was not in the depository window when those historic shots were fired, but immediately realized he had been set up and did his best in an impossible situation. As Tower said, Oswald is unlikely to have shot Tippit, but Tippit was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was taken out by members of the operation.

If Tower’s Tale was true, it obviously gave plenty of motivation for the FBI, CIA and military to cover-up their involvement in the fake assassination attempt ploy, and explains a great deal of how various agencies behaved in the aftermath and official “investigations.” It also makes it easy to see why Gary and Murphy realized they were in way over their heads (as Tower also realized).

Assassinating heads of state and other shenanigans are not too extreme for the people who run the world from behind the scenes (more on that later, too).

- Do you have any clue as to where this information would have been provided to Lee Oswald? Does Oak Ridge ring any bells?

Not familiar with that line of evidence. Sorry.

- Any idea as to why Tower would have made this information available through Decker to Audie Murphy of all people?

Not real familiar with that connection, but there has been no American figure since World War II of Audie Murphy’s stature, in the circles that people like Decker, Tower and Gary ran around in. Murphy is America’s greatest war hero, and to men of that generation Murphy was like…well, as I said, there is nobody like him in America today. Let’s just say that World War II vets and men of that generation looked at Murphy (runt that he was) like a god. Murphy was from Texas, so that was obviously part of the Tower/Decker connection. Gary wrote that Tower did not want to talk to anybody associated with the Feds (obviously, if his story was true), and I think there was some serendipity involved, as Decker happened to be in town a couple weeks after the JFK hit and one thing led to another during their lunch at the L.A. police academy.

- Any chance that Wean may have known Loran Hall?

Don’t know.

-If it was a scenario, of which possibly even JFK himself was aware, since I found an obscure reference once to his having created an assassination film of himself months before the actual event - which was strange - do you believe that the Jewish and Italian Maffia would have had sufficient power to have infilitrated the US Intelligence community to the point of hi-jacking such a plan?

I think that the mob personnel were used as “mechanics” by whoever orchestrated the hit. With the Jack Ruby connection, we know the Jewish mob was involved, and the Oxnard connection is intriguing.

During my wild ride with Dennis Lee, I saw plenty of strange events, and we eventually interfaced with the people who say they run the world. They are the people who offered us a billion dollars or so to stop pursuing free energy:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#offer

During audiences that members of our organization had with that crowd (one of them boasting that he was in the world’s top ten most powerful people), they sometimes made fun of mobsters, even rubbing the nose of people like Carlos Gambino in their inferior status. So, I doubt that the real hit was initiated by the mob, but they were obviously involved, and as you know, some big time mobsters had a beef with JFK/RFK, and were probably “happy to help out.”

As I am sure you know, there is little difference between CIA off-the-shelf assets, mobsters and Nazis, as they all worked together from time to time.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/war.htm#gehlen

I also have some personal experience with that milieu, but cannot publicly discuss it at this time.

-Do you believe that Karen Kupcinet was part of the phone call made from Ventura, or may have inadvertantly crossed lines with another caller?

Don’t know.

-As per Thomas Purvis in another thread here, I was facinated to learn about yellow paint markers on the curbing on Elm street - does this somehow figure in to the fake or real plan?

Don’t know.

-Could the number of misses in Dealey Plaza be attributed to a False assassination being unfortunately coupled with a real one?

Perhaps, but I doubt it. The fake plan was just to fire some shots from that sniper’s nest, the real one was all those other shooters, IMO.

-Did Gary ever comment on photos and films [the ones that were released] from Dealey Plaza? Did he recognize anyone, or perhaps know any identities of folks through Tower, etc.?

He never told me about that.

-Why do you suppose Bill Decker would have been forthcoming with the information and the contact to Audie Murphy?

Dealt with above. It was a unique historical moment. I believe that Tower was part of the “fake assassination” angle, and was not in on the real hit. Imagine the terror somebody like him felt two weeks after the hit, not to mention the guilt (OK, maybe not all that much guilt, but I think his meeting with Murphy was more an act of conscience than it was to cover his butt, but I could be wrong).

-Any chance Audie Murphy may have been the contact 'in the music business' that was tipping off Kilgallen?

Don’t know.

-Are you familiar with the HSCA testimony of Steve Osborne? Is it possible that the camera crews were in position for 2 reasons? Some unaware of what was to unfold [hard to believe].

Not very familiar with it. Sorry I could not give you more answers.

That's probably enough for now - I don't expect you to have the answers, but would appreciate your opinion.

Welcome aboard - any input much appreciated!

Edited by Wade Frazier

Thanks very much for that Wade! Great stuff.

Much to think about. I won't ask any more questions at the moment, but will make some observations - mostly sheer speculation. I do not believe that Lee Oswald [the one arrested - not to be confused with any of the individuals doubling him or using his identity] was part of the operation. Therefore, for him to accept the Fake Assassination concept, if that is indeed factual, is indeed an interesting concept - from a psychological perspective.

Let's assume it is true [even though I have a hard time acknowledging Decker's honest involvement]. Oswald watches the assassination. From his position - on the stairs? - he is amazed at how real it seems? That what he has just seen occur is all phony? It's a bit of a leap - but if that is the case, since we don't have all the details of the 'hollywood script' - it could then provide the solution to all of the questions relative to his behavior afterwards. Just a thought. Shelley of course, would have to be guilty of setting up Oswald if this was the case. Oswald is cool, calm and collected - since he doesn't believe he has anything to fear. He hasn't shot anyone, and he knows that neither has anyone else. An interesting concept.

Another idea I had which may require some thinking also - timing is everything. Why did Tower [and Decker] chose the time that they did to supply this False Assassination plan to Murphy -

About two weeks after the JFK assassination, in early December 1963, Decker was in town and they all had lunch together.
This essentially makes it sound as if Decker's friendship with Murphy went back some time. I still can't figure out what Tower would be hoping to accomplish by handing over documents which proved the story Wean says he told was true.

Anyway - lots to think about. Thanks again for your replies...more questions to follow I'm sure!

- lee

Hi Lee:

Yes, I think that Decker and Murphy knew each other quite well. Murphy and Decker’s friendship was the nexus of those police academy luncheons, with Gary and his partner (Frank, who died many years ago) along partly because of Gary’s friendship with Murphy. My thought was that Tower was trying to get information into hands he could trust, kind of like a get-out-of-jail-free card, in case he ended up being targeted for a fall, and maybe because he wanted a chance that the truth might come out. Decker told Murphy that Tower had given it to him in a moment of panic, so it is hard to know what all was going through Tower’s head or what he was facing.

I think a covert op up blowing up in Tower’s face, and Decker doing his part to help Tower get out the word (maybe Decker was also trying to save his bacon too) is sufficient, but there certainly could have been other motivations. Selling Murphy a line to manipulate him does not seem to fit Gary’s rendition, as they tried getting the documents back to cover their tails a few days later. I got the sense that there were plenty of panicked people in that situation. I have witnessed situations like that, and self-preservation quickly becomes the overriding motivation for nearly everybody involved.

Yes, putting one’s self in the shoes of the man who fled the book depository is a very interesting exercise, and wondering what Decker and Tower were thinking can also be interesting.

I am open to other renditions of the scenarios, but I have not seen anything over the years that really conflicts with Gary’s Tower Tale, not what I consider credible, unchallengeable versions of the events. In the end, the big picture of what Gary testified to has held up remarkably well over the years.

Be well,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Gary thought that both Murphy’s and Tower’s plane “accidents” were not accidents at all. Gary said that both planes exploded in mid-air. He saw that kind of stuff at the Santa Paula airport regularly, and Gary’s suspect for rigging the planes that “crashed” after taking off from the Santa Paula airport was the guy who got arrested with John DeLorean (but who knew too much, so the gangster judges who ran Ventura County made sure he disappeared right after he was released). Knocking out planes seems to be SOP (Wellstone, Carnahan, Torrijos, Roldòs and others

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/other.htm#neocolonialist

I plan to argue that John Tower was part of the Suite 8F Group in the next section of Assassination, Terrorism and the Arms Trade: The Contracting Out of U.S. Foreign Policy: 1940-1990.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5799

This is where he got his information from on the assassination. Several members of this group thought the assassination went too far. After all, the group had only been interested in corruptly gaining government contracts. However, to maintain the secrecy of this operation, people had to be killed, for example, those willing to testify in the Billie Sol Estes case. Tower was up to his neck in scandals like the TFX contract (another subject I will cover in the next section).

However, John Tower was not killed over the JFK assassination. Wade correctly points out it involved the information he obtained as chairman of the President's Special Review Board to study the actions of the National Security Council and its staff during the Iran-Contra affair. However, it was because he was a member of the Suite 8F Group that he was asked by Reagan and Bush to take part in the cover-up.

John Tower was killed in a plane crash new New Brunswick, Georgia, on 5th April, 1991. This was a day after his friend, John Heinz, had also died when his Piper Aerostar PA60 came down after colliding with a helicopter in Montgomery County. The two deaths are connected.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKheinz.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKtowerJ.htm

For a discussion on these two deaths see this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3326

For a discussion on the Suite 8F Group see:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2868

However, John Tower was not killed over the JFK assassination.... John Tower was killed in a plane crash new New Brunswick, Georgia, on 5th April, 1991. This was a day after his friend, John Heinz, had also died when his Piper Aerostar PA60 came down after colliding with a helicopter in Montgomery County. The two deaths are connected.

Is there some conclusive evidence that supports such unequivocal declarations about the motive(s) for Tower's and Heinz's deaths?

T.C.

However, John Tower was not killed over the JFK assassination.... John Tower was killed in a plane crash new New Brunswick, Georgia, on 5th April, 1991. This was a day after his friend, John Heinz, had also died when his Piper Aerostar PA60 came down after colliding with a helicopter in Montgomery County. The two deaths are connected.

Is there some conclusive evidence that supports such unequivocal declarations about the motive(s) for Tower's and Heinz's deaths?

Pure speculation on my part. If anyone did have conclusive evidence they would no longer be alive.

The members of this JFK forum are obviously far better read than I am about the JFK milieu. My connection to it was this:

Back in December 1988, my partner sat in solitary confinement in Ventura County Jail, after turning down a billion-dollar offer earlier in the year to stop our pursuit of free energy. December 1988 was the blackest month of my life.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/advent.htm#it

After overcoming the urge to violently “clean up” Ventura County, I devoted my life to whatever could spring my partner from jail, and that was when I met Gary Wean. Gary went out of his way to help me, and gave me the best advice that anybody could: nobody anywhere in the American government would help us; if I was going to save my partner, I had to do it myself. I took his advice, and my partner was miraculously released from jail less than two months after I met Gary. I will always be grateful for Gary’s help.

Many lives were ruined in those days, including mine. As I read Gary’s book, his Tower Tale was very compelling and spurred my interest in the assassination. Since 1989, I have spent a fair amount of time looking into the JFK evidence. I never saw any compelling evidence that ruled out Gary’s story, and evidence kept coming to light over the years that reinforced it, the Northwoods documents significantly.

Unfortunately, my journey took me to places where I brushed shoulders with the cloak-and-dagger world. They almost tried to induct me into it before my free energy days, and fate smiled on me as I unwittingly escaped their clutches. I ended up re-engaging it during my free energy journey, and that is a world that I do not want to revisit. I’ll go watch UFOs fly overhead:

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/ufo.htm

But that is about it for me anymore. I consider myself “retired” from that world.

I respect people who dig into the cloak-and-dagger world, as it is very dangerous. Many prematurely dead people have lived in or investigated that milieu, and I leave that field to those with the fire-in-the-belly to do it.

If anybody has any more questions about Gary and John Tower, just email me and I will try to answer them

Good luck,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

I'm also dubious about the thick envelope and Decker elements of the story. But the simulated assassination theory certainly can explain a lot. One reason my interest has recently been peaked in the Rabin assassination is the clear indication (by the apparent use of blanks) that it was a simulated assassination gone awry. I believe important insights into one "lone nut" assassination may be gained by comparing it with other "lone nut" assassinations, since like (if not identical) minds are behind them and the MO becomes a pattern with refinements.

Gary described that envelope very precisely, with a wax seal and a thumbprint on the wax. Also, that envelope was the bone of contention when Decker called Murphy a few days later and threatened that if he did not return it, Murphy would be “destroyed.” Since Gary says he watched Tower push it across the table to them, if that aspect of the story is doubted, then the doubter must put Gary’s story completely into the realm of fabrication and discard his testimony entirely.

In the realm of witnessing events and recalling them later, either for writing books or for court testimony, there is the issue of what people recall and how well they recall it. The modern “skeptical” movement dismisses any and all human testimony (that diverge from the dogmatic pronouncements of authority), saying that human memories are entirely unreliable. Modern deniers of the Jewish Holocaust play the same game (saying that all the death camp survivor testimony is suspect). I have had the misfortune of studying their tripe. In fact, studies of memory show that people can recall specific events very clearly (those with deep emotional or life-changing impact), and the event’s essentials are indelibly burned into their memories. Kind of like, “What were you doing when you heard that JFK was shot?” or “What were you doing when you heard about 9/11?” Nearly everybody who was there will take those vivid memories to their graves. They might misremember some inconsequential details, but the essentials of the core memories can stay clear for the rest of their lives.

Because Gary and I were fellow travelers in a very dark place, and he demonstrated his integrity to me (and publishing his book was a highly courageous act), when Gary said he saw something, I believed him. When he theorized about something, such as the Jewish gangster world and generalizations about the Jewish people, I have remained skeptical.

I have long pondered the situation in which Gary ended up writing about the Tower meeting. The Ventura County gangsters destroyed his career in 1970 when he innocently got caught in their crossfire (he refused to take a bribe). As Gary’s wife once told me, Gary was a fighter, not a lover. He did not go away quietly, and they tried murdering him once. Gary even ran for sheriff, and they quickly changed the law to make him too old to run. Gary wrote about his Tower meeting as he wrote his manuscript in the early 1970s, while he was running his gas station and liquor store (what he was reduced to to try surviving, and they also stole that from him). When all else failed, they manufactured a fire code violation to “get him” on something. Until you have lived through crap like that, it can be hard to believe, but I have been there, to my great sorrow. Even before I read his book, I had heard about the “alternative” version of several events he wrote about, and I believed them. Gary even wrote about the parents of childhood friends of mine (and not flatteringly, but I believe the truth of what he wrote). Several years ago a former policeman who worked with Gary back then stumbled into my work and got ahold of Gary’s book. He told me that he witnessed an event that Gary described, and that Gary wrote about it accurately.

When Gary was writing his manuscript late at night or while manning the counter at his gas station, ten years after the events, it is possible that he got some things wrong about the Tower-related events (it is a small part of his book and not even that important to his book’s narrative). Gary wrote about his encounters with Mick Cohen and with Jack Ruby about twenty-five years after they happened, so recalling the Tower incident would have been easier. When Gary wrote that Tower said that one of Hunt’s ploys for taking out Castro was an exploding cigar, maybe that was what Tower also heard, but we now know that it was a poisoned cigar (or maybe the exploding cigar angle has yet to be admitted by the U.S. government). When I have pondered Gary’s writings, I figured that somewhere between Hunt dreaming up and trying out his Maxwell Smart schemes and Gary writing about them, there was some distortion along the way. Who knows where it happened? That is about the level of skepticism that I have toward Gary’s writings about what he witnessed. As far as what Gary speculated about the JFK hit and other events, I have some respect for them too, but I also realize they are colored by what he lived through and his worldview in general. Living the violent life of a World War II sailor and L.A. policeman goes a long way toward explaining Gary’s worldview and why he was friends with people such as Audie Murphy.

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Bill Decker with Audie Murphy and Wanda Hendrix. Hendrix was an actress who married Murphy. They honeymooned in Dallas where Decker made Murphy an honorary deputy.

An assassination related connection rarely explored is John Tower and Robert Maheu. I submit much of Tower's knowledge came from this source.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards