The Education Forum

Why Do We Care?

The fact is that immediately no prints were found on the rifle, then all of a sudden a palm print was discovered (2 or 3 days later....) , probably because it was needed.

I'm leaving for an appointment, but wasn't it like a week later that the DPD found a print on the rifle after it had been to the FBI ( and that the FBI stated later in an internal memo stated they didn't trust the authenticity of the print )? I'll look up the exact phrase later.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is that immediately no prints were found on the rifle, then all of a sudden a palm print was discovered (2 or 3 days later....) , probably because it was needed.

I'm leaving for an appointment, but wasn't it like a week later that the DPD found a print on the rifle after it had been to the FBI ( and that the FBI stated later in an internal memo stated they didn't trust the authenticity of the print )? I'll look up the exact phrase later.

Found the information, sources listed as the WR, WCH, HSCA Report, High Treason, Best Evidence, The Day Kennedy Was Shot, The Kennedy Conspiracy, The Plot To Kill The President, Mafia Kingfish, and Act of Treason.

BELMONT, ALAN H., FBI agent; assistant to the director. One of the methods used to link Oswald with the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle that was purportedly used to kill JFK, was a palm print found inside the rifle by DPD Liutenant J.C. Day several days after the assassination - and not found by FBI experts immediately following the assassination. On August 28, 1964, Belmont received a memo that expressed FBI doubts as to the authenticity of the palm print. The memo red: "[WC General Counsel J. Lee] Rankin advised because of the circumstances that now exist there was a serious question in the minds of the Commission as to whether or not the palm print impression that has been obtained from the Dallas Police Department is a legitimate latent palm impression removed from the rifle barrel or whether it was obtained from some other source..."

If this is just BS, feel free to correct me, but it's on page 36 of the American paperback edition of "Who's Who in the JFK Assassination" by Michael Benson.