The Education Forum

Gerry P. Hemming

By all means, hold out hope that Gerry may actually reveal something of significance. But if an when that happens, dollars to donuts, it'll be unintentional.

This, in particular, is why I usually read these posts with interest(and suspicion). You never know what may inadvertantly come out.

Gerry posted this comment 8/27/05:

"The day of the JFK assassination, Jim Lewis was [as usual] playing Chess at "Little Joe's" apartment by the Miami River -- together with Eddy Collins, "Skinny", Dick Whatley, Bobby Willis, and Bill Dempsey. When Garman started dancing in the street soon after hearing the news from Dallas, Jim chastized him severely [along with Cuban pissed-off neighbors]; He reminded him that just four days before he had been a member of our security detail for JFK at MIA [Monday, 18th Nov.], and that he had been prepared to "take-a-bullet" for the President !!"

Anyone else think it odd that Garman would "dance in the street" after hearing of JFK's demise, yet was "prepared to take a bullet" for him 4 days earlier?

I wouldn't dismiss EVERYTHING GHP has to say.

RJS

--------------------------

Richard J:

Has "anybody" ever read a posting by "The Village Idiot" -- you know, one which might be construed as "Intentional" and "something of SIGNIFICANCE ??!!

Try as I might, I haven't found anything submitted by this nagging gadfly heckling xxxxx -- mayhaps one of the more "studious" members might discover same and re-post something ??

During the briefing for the MIA security detail [11/17/63] -- the day before JFK's scheduled arrival [Monday, 18th November 1963] the following individuals were in attendance:

Bernardo de Torres

"Nick" Navarro -- then with the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (Chas. Siragusa unit] and later Sheriff of Broward County, Forida -- and a childhood friend of Felix Rodriguez, who, along with CIA agent Gustavo Villoldo, aided in training the Bolivian Rangers [w/ Green Beret Major "Pappy" Shelton, 8th SFGrp - Panama Canal Zone] and whom together, hunted down and murdered Cmdte. Ernest "Che" Guevara de la Serna, a true warrior who never told a lie in his life !!

Special Agent Ernesto Aragon, U.S. Secret Service, and whose reports are to be found in the Warren Commission Documents.

Special Agent-in-Charge Gene Michaels, Head of the Miami Office of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, who two months later [at the beginning of the WC] was framed by a drug sting, and sent to the Federal Medical Facilty, Springfield, MO.

Gerald P. "Gerry Patrick" Hemming, Jr. [interPen]

Howard K. "Davy" Davis [interPen]

Detective Sgt. Anthony "Tony" Fontana [City of Miami Police Dept.] and one of the cops who identified the corpse of Eladio "Gito" Del Valle[1967]. I was permitted to verify the I.D. of "Gito" only after insisting that the N.O. D.A., "Jim" Garrison had a severe interest in the deceased !! Upon retirement, Fontana served regularly as Chairman of the Florida Parole Commission through the 1980s.

Deputy Sheriff Lloyd Hough [Dade County Sheriff's Dept. -- under the then Sheriff & Brig. Gen. Tom Kelly] who during the mid-1970s attempted to thwart our investigation of the World Finance Corp.!! WFC was founded by Hernandez Cartaya -- while he was busy founding BCCI type banks in the United Arab Emirates -- and was subsequently charged with absconding with almost $100 million+.

Hough was later laterally transfer to the Dade Co. Fire Dept. while under a cloud of corruption linked to a Cuban County Commissioner. Hough, during the 1990s, and by then in charge of Fire Service Internal Affairs, blackballed my son Felipe from being hired by said Dept.!! And this, despite already serving some 14 years as a professional Firefighter/EMT. And this despite the fact that Felipe Vidal Santiago Hemming had risen to #9 on a list of 300+ accepted applicants. [Only #9 -- due to the fact that extra points were given to the top 8 for lateral transfer from other NON-fire fighting Dade jobs. Otherwise, and with military service points, he would have ranked #1 !!

And others present unknown to either of us, but recognized as JM/WAVE CIA Officers. That is: save for CIA Officer David Morales, who having had words with me after the BOP; spent his time glaring in my direction !!

Suspicious that we were NOT invited to a "face-time" roll-call the next morning -- where all uniformed and plain-clothes officers posted at MIA, would know our faces. And that, coupled with a failure to issue special S.S. "buttonaires" -- convinced us that we would instruct our team to go "unarmed" the next day at MIA.

However, Interpen Instructor, Justin Joseph "Steve" Wilson informed me -- as Air Force One taxied toward us on the tarmac; that "Little Joe" Cavendish Garman had disobeyed our orders. And that he was armed with his Colt .45 Automatic Pistol. I thereupon approached "Lil' Joe" -- informed him to casually glance to his right rear, at the "suit" wearing sunglasses. He casually did, and said: "So...who is that weirdo..??" I responded: ".. That is the guy who is going to blow the back of your head off if you draw your pistol in defense of ["Lancer"] POTUS..!!

Later that evening, Little Joe remarked at the curiousity that he, and many others had been invited to Dallas later that week to meet the "Money People" !! He refused the invitation.

The evening of November 22nd 1963, Joe C. Garman was rebuffed by James Arthur Lewis for "dancing-in-the-streets"!!

While talking to Joe during 1994 [by telephone], after not havingspoken to him since 1967 -- I commenced to remind him of some of the humorous incidents which had occurred during the 1960s. I very cautiously asked him whether he remembered having ever seen "JFK in person" ??

His reponse was: "..You getting senile Patrick ??...of course...it was at the Miami Airport a few days before he got hisself kilt..!! "...Don't you remember giving me a hard time for packing my Colt to the Airport..??

I reminded him of the "suit" having stood behind him. He responded that: "..Had I the intentions...He would have been taken down first...and the only reason I didn't shoot that son-of-a-bitch Kennedy...was because he was still my COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF" !!"

Later,

GPH

"Cmdte. Ernest "Che" Guevara de la Serna, a true warrior who never told a lie in his life !!"

Why do you always refer to him that way? Are you being snide, or is this another one of your cryptic code messages, only known to those of the covert-ops persuasion?

Ms. Mauro:

I served with the man in Cuba. When I suggested [during 1959 in Havana] that he take up where he left off as a youngster [in Argentina] flying motorless gliders -- he went after flying like a demon possessed.

In very short order he had over 100 hours in a friend's [an instructor] single engine airplane. A couple of times, after watching us parachute from C-47s, he said: "...Don't ever expect me to do that stuff...flying is enough thrills for me..!!" I told him that Cmdte. [Major] Rene de los Santos was already flying left-seat in a twin engine Cessna 310; and that if he didn't get with it -- Rene was going to fill his pilot's log book up before he was even "checked-out" in a light twin.

After searching for Cmdte. Camilo Cienfuegos for 16 days, and discovering that he had been shot down by accident near San Jose del Lago, Las Villas Province -- we switched to doing some "water" parachute jumps

right in front of the Rosita de Hornedo Hotel, Miramar, Havana -- and I didn't see "Che for some weeks.

During January 1960, he arrived [with Aleda March] at my Air Base in western Pinar del Rio Province. We had no radio in the control tower, so I didn't know it was him arriving.

He popped out of the Cessna 310 [light-twin] and said someting which I couldn't make out. He always spoke in such a low voice, I would have to lean down close to listen. He repeated: "...Vos lo ves [you notice] that I am in the "left-seat" and driving this very fast and nice airplane..?" "..I have over 35 hours in the pilot seat recored in my log book already.." I almost told him he was now ready for parachute instruction, but thought better of it, and kept on talking about navigation, etc. !

He arranged for me to train the Sandinista guerrillas at my San Julian Air Base. He honored my request for reinforcements, because we had been attacked twice just after Christmas [Navidades - Noche Buena].

He got me released from La Cabana Fortress after having been arrested by limp-wristed secret police punks.

I left Cuba for Mexico enroute to fight against the Nicaraguan dictator Somoza during October 1960.

Upon learning that the Cuban authorities had jailed my close friend Cmdte. William Alexander Morgan, I opted to go north to the states on a gun-running mission -- expecting that once inside the U.S. -- I might get support enough to save William's life. Amongst those efforts was a sit-down with the famous liberal labor leader Harry Bridges [san Pedro - Los Angeles - December 1960] Harry Bridges promised to have his friends in the Latino labor movement inquire into the situation. Everything failed, and Morgan was executed on March 11th, 1961 !!

Skipping ahead to 1966. I was tasked by JJA's CI division to go to Ascension Island [british owned] and there prepare for an operation to kidnap "Che" [alive] from the Baraka, Congo [Leopoldville] area where he and many Cubans were advising the Simba rebels. However "Che" had already crossed over Lake Tanganyika and was on his way to Prague. We went back to the States [CONUS] just after July 4th, 1966.

While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE", or provide an aircraft for him to fly out so that we might intercept him in Uruguay, his 1st choice as "Safe-Haven".

I turned it down, and as you know, Felix and Gus tried to do that mission, but Banzer gave orders to Gary Prado to execute him. ["Code-Word 500"]

I feel today that had I gone, the outcome most likely would have resulted in his death anyway !!

Just by his diaries -- you can plainly see that this warrior never told a lie in his entire life !! He is missed terribly !! R.I.P.

I don't expert that everybody [including you] has the time to bone-up on these things. It is much easier for me [stressful also] because I was there, and I "walked-the-walk" !!

Regards,

GPH

I've read his diaries, and not just the motorcycle ones, wiseguy!

"While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE", or provide an aircraft for him to fly out so that we might intercept him in Uruguay, his 1st choice as "Safe-Haven".

I turned it down, and as you know, Felix and Gus tried to do that mission, but Banzer gave orders to Gary Prado to execute him. ["Code-Word 500"]

I feel today that had I gone, the outcome most likely would have resulted in his death anyway !!

Just by his diaries -- you can plainly see that this warrior never told a lie in his entire life !! He is missed terribly !! R.I.P."

How could you have turned it down??? You'd even met his wife, Aleda!!!

Felix and Gus had tried to do that mission??? They killed him!!! If you respected him as much as you make out like you do, HOW COULD YOU HAVE LET HIM DIE that way???

"I feel today that had I gone, the outcome most likely would have resulted in his death anyway !!"

If you're as honorable as you claim to be, in all your bravado for the corp and the valor of your compadres, how can you believe that you couldn't have made a difference??? Or, are you simply trying to justify your refusal to go in there and help him, and the diastrous results that followed?

-------------------------------

We sent a "Big Gringo" to fire an M-2 Carbine [more than a couple times] right next door to his first safe-house. When that didn't clue him in that his operation had been blown, we started the finger pointing about his guys being Cocaine lab operators. Nothing worked. He was burnt out from Africa, and Mario Monje [under Moscow orders] was sabotaging his every move -- because he was a Maoist, but more so, because they didn't go for the guerrilla campaign stuff.

Monje practically hand delivered Intel to the CIA Cuban Dep/Chief of Station. NSA was intercepting all of the radio messages [burst transmitters] to the Rio Platte trawlers. Even THEY were trying to get him to get out of Dodge.

When he changed the pre-planned AOR [Area of Operations] -- from the more hospitable Alto Beni Plateau, and instead went down to the semi-desert Nuncahuazo/Vallegrande locale, he was a dead man.

He didn't do a proper "Country Area Study", and had his guys learn Quechua, when 99% of the indigenous indians there speak Guarani and Aymara. Beards are unknown to the locals, and these foreign "invaders"scared the xxxx out of them

I turned it down because while in D.C. I had a relapse of my Dengue Fever. Then came the finger pointing by Garrison --whilst he tried to save Marcello's little ass from RFK's "Sheridan Squad". I had family, and I was getting tired of the LBJ "Texican" horse-xxxx approach to everything.

It took Gus a lot longer getting over the La Higuera scene, because he also had fought Batista. Felix , because his family was Prio rooted, mistakenly took to the opposite, trophy boasting.

Moreover, the Batistiano coward-ass bastards had the D.C. REMF pogue's ears while whining about all of the executions done by Herman at La Cabana -- despite the fact that "Che" was absent and doing the "Bank" thing -- and duties as G-3 ["Operations & Training" for the General Staff - Fuerzas Armadas Revolutionarias]

Get-over-IT !! [i haven't]

GPH

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means, hold out hope that Gerry may actually reveal something of significance. But if an when that happens, dollars to donuts, it'll be unintentional.

This, in particular, is why I usually read these posts with interest(and suspicion). You never know what may inadvertantly come out.

"The day of the JFK assassination, Jim Lewis was [as usual] playing Chess at "Little Joe's" apartment by the Miami River -- together with Eddy Collins, "Skinny", Dick Whatley, Bobby Willis, and Bill Dempsey. When Garman started dancing in the street soon after hearing the news from Dallas, Jim chastized him severely [along with Cuban pissed-off neighbors]; He reminded him that just four days before he had been a member of our security detail for JFK at MIA [Monday, 18th Nov.], and that he had been prepared to "take-a-bullet" for the President !!"

Anyone else think it odd that Garman would "dance in the street" after hearing of JFK's demise, yet was "prepared to take a bullet" for him 4 days earlier?

RJS

Richard J:

Has "anybody" ever read a posting by "The Village Idiot" -- you know, one which might be construed as "Intentional" and "something of SIGNIFICANCE ??!!

Try as I might, I haven't found anything submitted by this nagging gadfly heckling xxxxx -- mayhaps one of the more "studious" members might discover same and re-post something ??

During the briefing for the MIA security detail [11/17/63] -- the day before JFK's scheduled arrival [Monday, 18th November 1963] the following individuals were in attendance:

Bernardo de Torres

"Nick" Navarro -- then with the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (Chas. Siragusa unit] and later Sheriff of Broward County, Forida -- and a childhood friend of Felix Rodriguez, who, along with CIA agent Gustavo Villoldo, aided in training the Bolivian Rangers [w/ Green Beret Major "Pappy" Shelton, 8th SFGrp - Panama Canal Zone] and whom together, hunted down and murdered Cmdte. Ernest "Che" Guevara de la Serna, a true warrior who never told a lie in his life !!

Special Agent Ernesto Aragon, U.S. Secret Service, and whose reports are to be found in the Warren Commission Documents.

Special Agent-in-Charge Gene Michaels, Head of the Miami Office of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, who two months later [at the beginning of the WC] was framed by a drug sting, and sent to the Federal Medical Facilty, Springfield, MO.

Detective Sgt. Anthony "Tony" Fontana [City of Miami Police Dept.] and one of the cops who identified the corpse of Eladio "Gito" Del Valle[1967]. I was permitted to verify the I.D. of "Gito" only after insisting that the N.O. D.A., "Jim" Garrison had a severe interest in the deceased !! Upon retirement, Fontana served regularly as Chairman of the Florida Parole Commission through the 1980s.

Deputy Sheriff Lloyd Hough [Dade County Sheriff's Dept. -- under the then Sheriff & Brig. Gen. Tom Kelly] who during the mid-1970s attempted to thwart our investigation of the World Finance Corp.!! WFC was founded by Hernandez Cartaya -- while he was busy founding BCCI type banks in the United Arab Emirates -- and was subsequently charged with absconding with almost $100 million+.

Hough was later laterally transfer to the Dade Co. Fire Dept. while under a cloud of corruption linked to a Cuban County Commissioner. Hough, during the 1990s, and by then in charge of Fire Service Internal Affairs, blackballed my son Felipe from being hired by said Dept.!! And this, despite already serving some 14 years as a professional Firefighter/EMT. And this despite the fact that Felipe Vidal Santiago Hemming had risen to #9 on a list of 300+ accepted applicants. [Only #9 -- due to the fact that extra points were given to the top 8 for lateral transfer from other NON-fire fighting Dade jobs. Otherwise, and with military service points, he would have ranked #1 !!

And others present unknown to either of us, but recognized as JM/WAVE CIA Officers. That is: save for CIA Officer David Morales, who having had words with me after the BOP; spent his time glaring in my direction !!

Suspicious that we were NOT invited to a "face-time" roll-call the next morning -- where all uniformed and plain-clothes officers posted at MIA, would know our faces. And that, coupled with a failure to issue special S.S. "buttonaires" -- convinced us that we would instruct our team to go "unarmed" the next day at MIA.

However, Interpen Instructor, Justin Joseph "Steve" Wilson informed me -- as Air Force One taxied toward us on the tarmac; that "Little Joe" Cavendish Garman had disobeyed our orders. And that he was armed with his Colt .45 Automatic Pistol. I thereupon approached "Lil' Joe" -- informed him to casually glance to his right rear, at the "suit" wearing sunglasses. He casually did, and said: "So...who is that weirdo..??" I responded: ".. That is the guy who is going to blow the back of your head off if you draw your pistol in defense of ["Lancer"] POTUS..!!

Later that evening, Little Joe remarked at the curiousity that he, and many others had been invited to Dallas later that week to meet the "Money People" !! He refused the invitation.

The evening of November 22nd 1963, Joe C. Garman was rebuffed by James Arthur Lewis for "dancing-in-the-streets"!!

While talking to Joe during 1994 [by telephone], after not havingspoken to him since 1967 -- I commenced to remind him of some of the humorous incidents which had occurred during the 1960s. I very cautiously asked him whether he remembered having ever seen "JFK in person" ??

His reponse was: "..You getting senile Patrick ??...of course...it was at the Miami Airport a few days before he got hisself kilt..!! "...Don't you remember giving me a hard time for packing my Colt to the Airport..??

I reminded him of the "suit" having stood behind him. He responded that: "..Had I the intentions...He would have been taken down first...and the only reason I didn't shoot that son-of-a-bitch Kennedy...was because he was still my COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF" !!"

Later,

GPH

"Cmdte. Ernest "Che" Guevara de la Serna, a true warrior who never told a lie in his life !!"

Why do you always refer to him that way? Are you being snide, or is this another one of your cryptic code messages, only known to those of the covert-ops persuasion?

Ms. Mauro:

I served with the man in Cuba. When I suggested [during 1959 in Havana] that he take up where he left off as a youngster [in Argentina] flying motorless gliders -- he went after flying like a demon possessed.

In very short order he had over 100 hours in a friend's [an instructor] single engine airplane. A couple of times, after watching us parachute from C-47s, he said: "...Don't ever expect me to do that stuff...flying is enough thrills for me..!!" I told him that Cmdte. [Major] Rene de los Santos was already flying left-seat in a twin engine Cessna 310; and that if he didn't get with it -- Rene was going to fill his pilot's log book up before he was even "checked-out" in a light twin.

After searching for Cmdte. Camilo Cienfuegos for 16 days, and discovering that he had been shot down by accident near San Jose del Lago, Las Villas Province -- we switched to doing some "water" parachute jumps

right in front of the Rosita de Hornedo Hotel, Miramar, Havana -- and I didn't see "Che for some weeks.

During January 1960, he arrived [with Aleda March] at my Air Base in western Pinar del Rio Province. We had no radio in the control tower, so I didn't know it was him arriving.

He popped out of the Cessna 310 [light-twin] and said someting which I couldn't make out. He always spoke in such a low voice, I would have to lean down close to listen. He repeated: "...Vos lo ves [you notice] that I am in the "left-seat" and driving this very fast and nice airplane..?" "..I have over 35 hours in the pilot seat recored in my log book already.." I almost told him he was now ready for parachute instruction, but thought better of it, and kept on talking about navigation, etc. !

He arranged for me to train the Sandinista guerrillas at my San Julian Air Base. He honored my request for reinforcements, because we had been attacked twice just after Christmas [Navidades - Noche Buena].

He got me released from La Cabana Fortress after having been arrested by limp-wristed secret police punks.

I left Cuba for Mexico enroute to fight against the Nicaraguan dictator Somoza during October 1960.

Upon learning that the Cuban authorities had jailed my close friend Cmdte. William Alexander Morgan, I opted to go north to the states on a gun-running mission -- expecting that once inside the U.S. -- I might get support enough to save William's life. Amongst those efforts was a sit-down with the famous liberal labor leader Harry Bridges [san Pedro - Los Angeles - December 1960] Harry Bridges promised to have his friends in the Latino labor movement inquire into the situation. Everything failed, and Morgan was executed on March 11th, 1961 !!

Skipping ahead to 1966. I was tasked by JJA's CI division to go to Ascension Island [british owned] and there prepare for an operation to kidnap "Che" [alive] from the Baraka, Congo [Leopoldville] area where he and many Cubans were advising the Simba rebels. However "Che" had already crossed over Lake Tanganyika and was on his way to Prague. We went back to the States [CONUS] just after July 4th, 1966.

While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE", or provide an aircraft for him to fly out so that we might intercept him in Uruguay, his 1st choice as "Safe-Haven".

Just by his diaries -- you can plainly see that this warrior never told a lie in his entire life !! He is missed terribly !! R.I.P.

I don't expert that everybody [including you] has the time to bone-up on these things. It is much easier for me [stressful also] because I was there, and I "walked-the-walk" !!

Regards,

GPH

"While signing up for service in Vietnam with USAID/Public Safety -- I was once again approached to go to do the "Che" Op -- this time to Bolivia, so as to "snatch" Guevara out of there "ALIVE", or provide an aircraft for him to fly out so that we might intercept him in Uruguay, his 1st choice as "Safe-Haven".

Just by his diaries -- you can plainly see that this warrior never told a lie in his entire life !! He is missed terribly !! R.I.P."

Felix and Gus had tried to do that mission??? They killed him!!! If you respected him as much as you make out like you do, HOW COULD YOU HAVE LET HIM DIE that way???

"I feel today that had I gone, the outcome most likely would have resulted in his death anyway !!"

If you're as honorable as you claim to be, in all your bravado for the corp and the valor of your compadres, how can you believe that you couldn't have made a difference??? Or, are you simply trying to justify your refusal to go in there and help him, and the diastrous results that followed?

We sent a "Big Gringo" to fire an M-2 Carbine [more than a couple times] right next door to his first safe-house. When that didn't clue him in that his operation had been blown, we started the finger pointing about his guys being Cocaine lab operators. Nothing worked. He was burnt out from Africa, and Mario Monje [under Moscow orders] was sabotaging his every move -- because he was a Maoist, but more so, because they didn't go for the guerrilla campaign stuff.

Monje practically hand delivered Intel to the CIA Cuban Dep/Chief of Station. NSA was intercepting all of the radio messages [burst transmitters] to the Rio Platte trawlers. Even THEY were trying to get him to get out of Dodge.

When he changed the pre-planned AOR [Area of Operations] -- from the more hospitable Alto Beni Plateau, and instead went down to the semi-desert Nuncahuazo/Vallegrande locale, he was a dead man.

He didn't do a proper "Country Area Study", and had his guys learn Quechua, when 99% of the indigenous indians there speak Guarani and Aymara. Beards are unknown to the locals, and these foreign "invaders"scared the xxxx out of them

I turned it down because while in D.C. I had a relapse of my Dengue Fever. Then came the finger pointing by Garrison --whilst he tried to save Marcello's little ass from RFK's "Sheridan Squad". I had family, and I was getting tired of the LBJ "Texican" horse-xxxx approach to everything.

It took Gus a lot longer getting over the La Higuera scene, because he also had fought Batista. Felix , because his family was Prio rooted, mistakenly took to the opposite, trophy boasting.

Moreover, the Batistiano coward-ass bastards had the D.C. REMF pogue's ears while whining about all of the executions done by Herman at La Cabana -- despite the fact that "Che" was absent and doing the "Bank" thing -- and duties as G-3 ["Operations & Training" for the General Staff - Fuerzas Armadas Revolutionarias]

GPH

Gerry;

Hope you are not of the assumption that due to "silence" on my part, that I am also "out of the loop" on the subject of "CHE"

Cover sheet to Staff Research Paper from long, long ago.

It used to say: "CHE" Guevara: The Bolivian Campaign

Where were you when I was having to dig up all of this in order to get my "ticket puched"?

Tom

RJS

Richard J:

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

Ms. Mauro:

Regards,

GPH

GPH

Gerry;

Hope you are not of the assumption that due to "silence" on my part, that I am also "out of the loop" on the subject of "CHE"

Where were you when I was having to dig up all of this in order to get my "ticket puched"?

Tom

RJS

Richard J:

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

Ms. Mauro:

Regards,

GPH

GPH

Gerry;

Tom

If recalled, I ask in an email of long ago if you knew Fidel's cousin Cecilia!

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

For some reason, these did not appear to get through (at least on my screen)

Gerry;

If recalled, in a private email, I asked if you knew Fidel's cousin Cecilia?

Tom

P.S. For those who are of the impression that Tom does not know how to "cite sources", perhaps this may dispel the rumor.

Just that he did his "homework" long ago, and, in event anyone is seriously interested in the puzzle palace of the JFK assassination, then they had best do their "own" homework and cease to believe anything stated by anyone on these forums.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

RJS

Richard J:

Once again, my favourite leatherneck comes out swinging hard and fanning completely, as usual... none of which compensates for the dearth of any significant details, disclosures which always seem to be promised yet never actually delivered. My favourite jarhead likes to demean those of us who seek answers but cannot provide them, while he has dined out for 30-plus years on the supposition that he has those answers, but refrains from ever providing them. Even a village idiot could discern which one is a sincere seeker, and which one is a pompous opportunist, striving to achieve from the comfort of his Lazy Boy a significance never achieved in the field.

Below is the most recent case in point. According to my favourite life of the party and freelance blowhard, the authorities were so incredibly short of security personnel to protect the President during his Miami trip that they were forced to press-gang into duty the motley crew of irregulars described below. But, one must wonder just how depleted were the ranks of security personnel that they felt the necessity to lay on the rent-a-beef included in Gerry's roster. What's more, after Gerry's waltz down dubious-memory lane, I have appended the standard SS post-visit survey report for this occasion and invite anyone to find the slightest trace of those irregulars included in Gerry's embellished recollections. Why, according to the Secret Service, nobody mentioned by Gerry was there except for the one SS agent Gerry mentioned, whose presence was to be expected, SOP. No Navarro, no Fontana, no Hough, and certainly no Interpen playas.

As for his crew being unarmed, this is hardly surprising. If they did show up there [anyone got a photo of this?], it was not as invited security crew, and bearing arms would have earned them an arrest. If they were invited, then being unarmed rendered them all but useless. No matter how quickly Gerry and his boys might have moved, even they wouldn't have been faster than a speeding bullet. [Although in Gerry's embroidered reminiscences, even that law of physics may have to be repealed, suspended or amended.]

Little wonder, then, that even Gerry must admit they were not given security credentials, nor identified to those who did serve a legitimate security purpose that day, to wit: "Suspicious that we were NOT invited to a "face-time" roll-call the next morning -- where all uniformed and plain-clothes officers posted at MIA, would know our faces. And that, coupled with a failure to issue special S.S. "buttonaires" -- convinced us that we would instruct our team to go "unarmed" the next day at MIA."

But how does one explain being asked to participate in a security detail for the President, yet showing up unarmed, unaccredited and unknown to those in command of security? Jeez, Gerry, even roadies travelling with heavy metal bands get their backstage passes, because they need them to do their jobs. But then, they are demonstrably necessary to the function, paid to render the service and expected to do it. Whereas there seems to have been no purpose served by having your paramilitary Boy Wonders show up at MIA, and even less evidence that it happened, save for your gilded memories.

Were this the only instance in which Gerry had inflated his self-importance, one might be inclined to give the old soldier a 'free pass.' But this bloward behaviour is the rule, not the exception. One need only travel as far as one's closest bar to find somebody propping up a stool, regaling the regulars with tales of derring-do and the golden exploits of his youth. These stories are always fascinating, told with humour and vivacity, and, occasionally, have the distinction of containing some truth. After several decades of trying to decode Gerry's MO on this topic, my feeling is that there is an almost even split: where his stories are true, they are irrelevant to the assassination; where they are relevant to the assassination, they are untrue.

I await Gerry's next petulant, self-regarding hissy fit with the half-interest it will merit.

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

TREASURY DEPARTMENT

UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE

White House Detail Washington, D.C.

December 11, 1963

FINAL SURVEY REPORT

RE: President's visit to Miami, Florida, on

November 18, 1963, to address the Inter-American Press Association

Mr. James J. Rowley

Chief, U.S. Secret Service

Washington, D.C.

Sir:

INTRODUCTION

This survey was conducted by Sas L. F. de Freese and J. Walter Coughlin, White House Detail, and SA Talmadge Bailey, Miami, at Miami and Miami Beach, Florida, from November 11 through November 18, 1963.

Approximately 3000 persons attended a rally on the President's arrival at Miami International Airport, and approximately 1200 delegates to the Inter-American Press Association convention attended the dinner at the Americana Hotel where the President spoke.

ITINERARY

5:10 p.m. USAF #26000 arrived concourse #$1, delta apron, Miami International Airport.

5:15 p.m. The President deplaned and "Ruffles and Flourishes" and "Hail to the Chief" were rendered. The President was greeted by Mr. Lee Hills, Editor in Chief, Miami Herald, and Mr. Romulo O'Farrell, President of IAPA.

The President was then escorted to the speakers' stand by State Senators Cliff Herrell and George Hollahan. Appropriate dress was business suit.

5:20 p.m. Congressman Fascell introduced other U.S. Congressmen and Senators on the speakers' stand, including Congressman Pepper.

5:22 p.m. Congressman Pepper introduced Governor Bryant, who introduced the President. The President spoke for approximately 10 minutes.

5:30 p.m. President left speakers' stand and, after shaking hands with many in the general public area and guests in the VIP section, boarded helicopter.

5:35 p.m. Helicopter departed airport.

5:45 p.m. Helicopter arrived heliport, Haulover Beach Park.

5:48 p.m. President departed helicopter by automobile. [ photo of route ]

5:50 p.m. President arrived Americana Hotel, was greeted by Mr. Charles Bogdahn, General Manager, and Mr. Alvin LeFaivre, Vice-President of the hotel, and was escorted to his suite.

6:40 p.m. President departed suite and proceeded via elevator to Suite 1169-1170-1171-and 1172 to greet selected local Democrats.

6:50 p.m. President proceeded via elevator to lobby floor, was greeted by officers of IAPA, including Mr. Hills and Mr. O'Farrell, and escorted to reception for head table guests near main ballroom.

7:10 p.m. President proceeded via elevator to lobby floor, was greeted by officers of IAPA, including Mr. Hills and Mr. O'Farrell, and escorted to reception for head table guests near main ballroom.

7:10 p.m. President proceeded to head table and, following invocation by Rev. Robert W. Shaw, dinner was served. Approximately dress for head table guests was black tie.

8:30 p.m. The President, after being introduced by Mr. O'Farrell, spoke for 28 minutes.

9:00 p.m. The President departed the hotel via automobile.

9:02 p.m. President arrived helicopter.

9:04 p.m. Airborne in helicopter.

9:13 p.m. Arrived Miami International Airport.

9:20 p.m. USAF #26000 airborne.

ROUTES

Miami International Airport to Haulover Beach Heliport and Return:

Via Helicopter Flight Time – 10 minutes

Helicopter to Americana Hotel: South on Collins Avenue to employees entrance to hotel

Distance –1 mile Travel Time –2 minutes

SECURITY

Miami International Airport

This is a recently completed and improved airport serving both overseas and domestic flights of major airlines, the runways of which are capable of receiving any type of aircraft flying today. Arrangements were made to restrict air traffic on the East-West runway used by USAF #1 during its arrival and departure. Maj. Charles Nedbal, representing the U.S. Air Force, assisted in arranging aircraft security at the airport.

The terminal building, 7/8 mile along and semi-circular in shape, utilizes protruding concourses to service arriving and departing aircraft. The area east of Delta Airlines concourse #1, southern most of the concourses, was used for arrival ceremonies. A diagram of this airport is attached.

Uniformed officers of the Dade County Metropolitan Sheriff's Office were stationed in waiting rooms overlooking the restricted and public areas, and on the roof of this concourse commanding an excellent view of the entire area. Entrance to the restricted area through the concourse and through a gate at the east side of the apron was controlled by uniformed officers. Officers were also placed around three tanks containing aviation fuel approximately 200 yards east of the public area. A permanent fence also separated the public from the tank area.

A temporary chain link fence, supported by tubular scaffolding and aircraft tow trucks, was constructed across the apron to separate the public and restricted areas. Uniformed officers were stationed every 10 feet along the fence. In addition, plainclothes Spanish-speaking officers were placed in the public are near the speakers' stand.

Individuals invited to sit on the speakers' stand, with others invited to stand in a VIP area near the speakers' stand, were assembled in the concourse, issued identification tags, and were escorted to their proper places in a body.

Uniformed police, plainclothes officers, and agents of this Service were posted near the ramp to USAF #1, around the speakers' stand, press and VIP areas, and at helicopter #1.

Americana Hotel

The Towers section of the Americana Hotel was completed in 1959 of concrete block and reinforced concrete. The first five floors contain enclosed auto parking areas. Atop this are seven floors of 22 sleeping rooms each. The presidential suite (see diagram) was on the top floor overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The suite immediately beneath President's was secured and used for the Democratic party reception. The presidential suite was inspected by agents of this Service and Metropolitan bomb squad detectives and was secured prior to his arrival.

One bank of two Otis elevators serves the Towers section. These elevators were inspected by qualified servicemen prior to the President's arrival. Normally self-service, for this occasion they were controlled manually by operators cleared by this Service.

Entrance to the Banquet Room, head table reception room. Democratic reception suite, employees entrance area, and routes of travel in the hotel were controlled by agents of this Service, with plainclothes and uniformed officers of cooperating police agencies. A Coast Guard patrol boat cruised the beach area adjacent to the hotel.

Lists of dinner guests and head table reception guests were screened, and hotel employees necessary to function in the vicinity of the President were cleared by SA Aragon, Miami.

These lists, as well as identification tags (see attachment), were used by agents in admitting guests to their specific area.

Officers of the Bal Harbour Fire Department inspected areas of the hotel that the President visited and were positioned strategically throughout the hotel.

The attic area above the Banquet Room, as well as the basement areas below, were inspected and secured by local police officers.

Haulover Beach Heliport [ see photo ]

This heliport, located adjacent to Collins Avenue, one mile north of the Americana Hotel, was approved safe for landing by Capt. Bruce Colbert, USMC. Uniformed officers of the Metropolitan Dade County Police, with agents of this Service, provided security. A roped area immediately north of the landing area was provided for the public. A fire truck with foam equipment and an ambulance was stationed at the helicopter for use if necessary.

Motor Route [ see photo ]

Uniformed officers of cooperating police departments controlled all intersections along this route, and a police boat cruised the waters under and near the only bridge along the route. Six motorcycle police were utilized as an escort, a Florida Highway Patrol car was used as lead car, and two motorcycles followed to prevent traffic from overtaking the motorcade.

In the event weather conditions had prevented use of helicopters, arrangements had been made to motor from the airport to the hotel and return. This route was not publicized.

POST ASSIGNMENTS

Miami International Airport

1. Ramp. USAF #1

SA de Freese

1 Metro. Detective

2 Uniformed Off

2. Front of speakers' stand.

SA Aragon

2 Metro. Detectives

2 Uniformed Offs.

3. Front of speakers' stand.

SA Blaine

4. Rear steps - speakers' stand.

SA Bailey, 1 Det.

2 Uniformed Offs.

5. West steps - speakers' stand.

SA McIntyre

1 Metro. Detective

1 Uniformed Off.

6. Press area

SA Bennett

1 Metro. Detective

6 Uniformed Offs.

7. Press area.

SA Kollar

8. VIP area.

ATSAIC Roberts

2 Metro. Detectives

4 Uniformed Offs.

Americana Hotel

1. Point where presidential limousine stops.

SA Coughlin

1 Metro. Detective

2 Uniformed Offs.

2. Elevator landing - basement.

Curry (3-11)

2 Uniformed Offs.

3. 12th floor elevator landing - suite entrance S

A Lawton

1 Metro. Detective

4. Lobby floor elevator landing.

SA Lawton

2 Metro. Detectives

5. Entrance to Medallion Room (check-point)

SA Jamison

1 Metro. Detective

1 Uniformed Off.

6. Entrance to head table reception room

(check-point) SA Zboril

7. Seated - ballroom.

ATSAIC Roberts

8. Seated - ballroom

SA Blaine

9. East end head table

SA Zboril

1 Metro. Detective

10. West end head table

SA Bennett

1 Metro. Detective

11. Departure ramp.

SA McIntyre

1 Metro. Detective

2 Uniformed Offs.

12. Hotel lobby.

SA Aragon

2 Metro. Detectives

5 Uniformed Offs.

13. Hotel lobby.

SA Kollar

Helicopter

1. Heliport.

SA Howell

2 Metro. Detectives

15 Uniformed Offs.

In addition to the above assignments for Special Agents of this Service, officers and plainclothes detectives of the Metropolitan Department of Public Safety, Miami, Bal Harbour, Surfside, Miami Beach, Hialeah, and Coral Gables Police Departments, Florida Highway Patrol, were positioned as needed throughout areas the President visited.

Representatives of the Metro-Dade County and Bal Harbour Fire Departments were utilized as necessary at Miami International Airport, the heliport, and Americana Hotel.

INSTRUCTIONS TO AGENTS

Sas Zboril and Lawton arrived aboard the press charter, were furnished transportation directly to the hotel, and were posted by SA Coughlin. ATSAIC Roberts, McIntyre (Sas), Bennett, Kollar, and Blaine were posted at the airport. Following the President's departure from the airport, these agents proceeded to the hotel with Sas Bailey and Aragon and were posted.

SAS Greer and Rybka, arriving on USAF #1, rode helicopter #1, Sas Sulliman, Berger, and Morey rode helicopter #2 and worked the follow-up car from the helicopter to the hotel and return. SA Jones, following the President's departure from the airport, was transported by SA Bailey to the hotel and was posted. SA O'Leary, with the President's luggage, came directly from Palm Beach to the Americana Hotel by automobile.

Sas Jones, O'Leary, and Lawton departed the hotel at 8:00 p.m. with SA Bailey and proceeded to the airport to effect departure security.

ATSAIC Roberts, with Sas Blaine, Zboril, McIntyre, Bennett, and Kollar departed the hotel at 10:00 p.m. with Sas Aragon and Jamison and proceeded to the airport for departure aboard the press charter.

ASAIC Boring, arriving on USAF #1, rode helicopter #1 and remained with the President on all movements.

All Special Agents wore their permanent lapel bars.

Security arrangements were supervised by ASAIC Boring and Sas de Freese, Coughlin, and Bailey.

Hotel employees necessary to function in secured areas wore orange ball lapel clips. All plainclothes police officers wore silver ball lapel clips.

In the event a motorcade had become necessary from the airport to the hotel, all agents arriving aboard the press charter would have been furnished transportation and gone directly to the hotel to be posted by SA Coughlin. Follow-up would remain the same with SA Jones being furnished transportation in the motorcade.

AUTOMOBILES

All cars used for the motorcade were furnished by the Ford Motor Company through the cooperation of Mr. James Golden, area representative. Cars used were those already assigned to Palm Beach. The presidential car, a Mercury convertible on arrival, and a Continental hardtop on departure, was driven by SA Greer. The Secret Service follow-up car, a Ford convertible, was driven by SA Rybka.

Wire service car was furnished by Bell Telephone Company. Vehicles used by the press were arranged for by Mr. Ed. Jones, press coordinator.

PROTECTIVE RESEARCH

SAIC Bouck, Protective Research Section, was notified of the President's intentions to visit Florida on November 8, 1963, who said that he would keep the Miami office advised of any PRS activity in the area. SA Aragon was in touch with PRS, Washington D.C., and will submit a separate report regarding the Miami Cuban Situation. SA Bailey, Miami, will submit reports of PRS significance under file #3-11-601.0 (ROHINSKI), and #3-11-5573-5 (DERBER).

COMMUNICATIONS

The following communications arrangements were made for the visit of the President to Miami on the 18th day of November, 1963. White House switchboard was installed in the Americana Hotel with direct facilities to Washington and other points to be visited by the President. Local White House lines were installed to the Miami Airport, the helicopter pad, and the Americana Hotel. Alternate routing and equipment were provided. Radio communications facilities for continuous motorcade contact were installed. Secure teletype communications from Miami Beach and courier service were located in the Americana Hotel.

PRESS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS

All press activities were under the direction of Assistant Press Secretary Kilduff, coordinating with Mr. Ed. Jones, local press representative. Press areas were established at the airport, hotel arrival area, and in the Banquet Room.

The President's speech was taped for television release at a later hour, with live closed-circuit telecast to the hotel press room, locate in the Caribbean Room.

CONCLUSION

Cooperating in this survey were:

Mr. Lee Hills, Executive Editor, Miami Herald

Mr. Edward Eicher, Sales Manager, Americana Hotel

Mr. E. V. W. Jones, Press Coordinator, IAPA

Mr. J. Skip Shepard (representing Congressman Fascell)

Mr. William Jibb (representing Senator Smathers)

Mr. Milton Herlong, Delta Airlines, Station Manager

Chief W. T. Norton, Dade County Port Authority

Maj. Floyd Alsbury, Dade County Sheriff's Office

Sgt. Charles Black, Dade County Sheriff's Office

Capt. F. S. Napier, Miami Police Department

Chief Rocky Pomerance, Miami Beach Police Department

Chief D. C. Kenneth, Miami Beach Fire Department

Chief D. C. Wayne Thurman, North Miami Police Department

Chief G. W. Owens, Bal Harbour Police Department

Chief Richard E. Creelman, Bal Harbour Fire Department

Chief Wiley Barefoot, Surfside Police Department

Sheriff Jesse Barkett, Metropolitan Dade County Sheriff's Office

Capt. J. K. Sox, (Airport), Metropolitan Dade County Sheriff's Office

Acting Chief Walter E. Foden, Bay Harbour Islands Police Department

Chief William E. Kimbrough, Coral Gables Police Department

Cooperating in the over-all security measures were:

White House Detail Agents. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18

Miami Agents. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4

* Uniformed Patrolmen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 155

* Detectives. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30

* Firemen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12

* Uniformed and plainclothes officers listed above were enlisted from the city of Miami, city of Miami Beach, city of North Miami, Bal Harbour Village, town of Surfside, Metropolitan Dade County Sheriff's Office, Bar Harbour Islands, and city of Coral Gables.

Attached to this report are the following:

1. Local Press Credentials

2. Head Table Identification

Dinner Admission Ticket

3. Airport and Democratic Reception Identification

4. 12th Floor Plan, Americana Towers

5. Miami International Airport, Arrival Area

6. Ground Floor, Americana Hotel

7. Automobile Assignments

8. Helicopter Assignments

Very truly yours,

L. F. Freese

Special Agent

APPROVED:

Gerald A. Behn

Special Agent in Charge

Attachments (8)

2 ccs Miami

AUTOMOBILE ASSIGNMENTS

Heliport to Hotel

Lead Car

SA de Freese

Dr. Burkley

Presidential Limousine

The President

Senator Smathers

Mr. Boring

Mr. Greer - driving

SS Follow-Up Car

Sas Rybka - driving

Stout

Sulliman

Morey

Berger

Wire Service

Mr. Salinger

Car #1

Mr. O'Donnell

Congressman Pepper

Congressman Fascell

Car #2

Mr. Powers

Congressman Gibbons

Mayor High

Car #3

Governor Bryant

Mr. Kynes

General Mcbugh

Car #4

Mrs. Lincoln

Miss Camp

Mr. Baltimore

Mr. Jibb

Car #5

Congressman McDonald

Congressman Green

Mr. Vessels

---------------------------------

"Village Idiot":

FBI S/A George Davis, at my apartment [saturday, 11/16/63] stated initially that "the threat to the President" was from a DGI agent, one Rafael Santana -- who had been picked-up by the USS Oxford (AGTR-1) during the pre-Missile Crisis. Santana had been delivered [with others] to No Name Key by Cesar Diosdado. Santana later set up a DGI "sting Op" into Cuba, which inadvertantly got his own brother killed.

Davis [the FBI dude who later handled Aleman RE: the Santo JFK threat] stated that since Diosdado dad been forbidden not only to speak with the navy dungaree wearing "exrtracted assets", but ordered NOT to photograph them. I told him that Ken Agnew [Key West Citizen & Tom Dunkin had pics].

Davis responded that there "...was no time for that...and besides...you lived with and trained the guy...while we have no clue as to what he even looks like..!!" Upon my challenge as to the currents verifiable whereabouts of Santana [Las Mercedes DGI academy] he then switched to the "Bayo betrayal" and having been turned -- and once again we were the only ones who were closely familiar with that team.

------------------------------

8. VIP area.

ATSAIC Roberts

2 Metro. Detectives [That would be Hough and Clode, asshole]

4 Uniformed Offs.

SA Aragon was in touch with PRS, Washington D.C., and will submit a separate report regarding the Miami Cuban Situation. SA Bailey, Miami, will submit reports of PRS significance under file #3-11-601.0 (ROHINSKI), and #3-11-5573-5 (DERBER).

Read the "Protective Research/Cuban Situation" and find the reference to a "Cuban Exile team" being used, but NO reference to us directly ??!!

Sgt. Charles Black, Dade County Sheriff's Office [Hough & Clode's boss, xxxxhead]

Capt. F. S. Napier, Miami Police Department [sgt. "Tony" Fontana's boss, and uncle of one Damon Napier,

Mobile, Alabama -- who first used the Draft Registration Card w/ illegal photo attached before LHO, an M.O. never seen before by the FBI -- which gave a direct link back to InterPen

Sister "Robby": That was the very first question me and Davy raised. What the hell would they be thinking, putting dudes will rap sheets, armed and in close proximity to the President for ??!! Next was the lack of roll call invite, lapel pins, etc. !!

Davy picked up the white [government license plated] Chevy Suburban, and then picked up the guys at various safe-houses.

Davy had forgotten the password for passing through the "Delta-Dash" security gate ["Lancer"]; and Whatley had taken my right front seat -- saying that "...This is Davy's Op.."! So went the Secret Service & Dade S.D. folks asked -- I said: "....Well Dick...ask Davy for the password...isn't this his f...king Op ??!!

Davy said that this was no time for hassles, and asked me for the P/W. I said to tell them it was "Lancelot"

[humping-the-hotties-swordsman] and amidst thair laughter, they stated: "...OK...but we gotta log the correct P/W..."! Much chagrined, and NOT amused, Davy & Dick turned and glared. So I told them to say:

"We are here for Lancer !!" We were quickly waved through, but whistled immediately to a stop. Jim Lewis, unbeknownst to me, had been right behind us in his private auto. He told them he was with us, but he didn't know the P/W. Once verified of his bona fides -- we parked along-side the Delata Airlines Cargo Hangar.

"Unarmed" -- they were expected to "mob-the-perp" [like in our Yank football games]; and which most likely would have cost them their lives. They also understood that it all might be a "set-up"!!

This is why Winslow, Nigel Turner, et al. tremble-with-fear and go catatonic when the incident is broached.

[back to the girly-men magazines, TWIT]

While Winslow took a year to dig up any MIA JFK pix, and sand-bagged me at Nov. Dallas '96 -- he has never seen the TV footage first seen by me last June, and in the possession of one of his close buddies.

The footage clearly shows us on duty. [Louis Wolfson Collection + TV interview of GPH by Ralph Rennick]

Got anything of importance to contribute here Ms. Sissy Khazar Kanuck -- or is your main Bag to Fag Nag ??

Or are you just baiting your "fave" leatherneck ?? Looking for a date sweetie ?? I don't play that game.

Get off my thread sister !! [What a tiresome book-reader wannabe famous pogue !!]

RJS

Richard J:

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

Ms. Mauro:

Regards,

GPH

GPH

Thanks for taking the time to give me the rundown.

"Get-over-IT !! [i haven't]"

I wish I COULD "Get-over-IT !!", but the picture of Che with his young children at the time, is vividly etched in my mind. He will always be a hero, to me. I carried the picture of his assassination, which I cut out of the New York Times back in 1967, around in my wallet until it fell apart in 1986. They could not kill his spirit. Even in death, his face radiated life. Everything he stood for were the values I cherish to this day. He was a fine example of a human being whose ideologies for the common man transcended all borders and all walks of life. His speeches and writings will echo through the ages because he had REAL and HONEST solutions to offer. Something sorely missing in today's fascist-minded world view. VIVA EL CHE!

Dear Mr. Hemmings ,From the NODULATOR SITE

HEMMING, who spoke Spanish and German, dressed in a Hitler Youth Corps uniform. HEMMING told this researcher: "I studied the Nazis very closely. I read Mein Kampf in the original goddamn German. I had my picture taken in a Nazi uniform. I'm very close to that. I speak the xxxxing language and everything. I don't like these goddamn cracker son-of-a-bitches playing xxxxing Nazi. It's sickening. You got to be a German to be a Nazi. My philosophy is the whole world is full of assholes. Some of the these assholes are chimps, some of these assholes are homo sapiens."

Considering CHE was more hard headed than CASTRO himself on communist revolution spreading -one pauses to think about your tears for CHE. Sir ,do you still have a copy of the above photo Re: NAZI uniform ? as they say ,the more things change-the more they stay the same...........THANKS sg

RJS

Richard J:

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

Ms. Mauro:

Regards,

GPH

GPH

I wish I COULD "Get-over-IT !!", but the picture of Che with his young children at the time, is vividly etched in my mind. He will always be a hero, to me. I carried the picture of his assassination, which I cut out of the New York Times back in 1967, around in my wallet until it fell apart in 1986. They could not kill his spirit. Even in death, his face radiated life. Everything he stood for were the values I cherish to this day. He was a fine example of a human being whose ideologies for the common man transcended all borders and all walks of life. His speeches and writings will echo through the ages because he had REAL and HONEST solutions to offer. Something sorely missing in today's fascist-minded world view. VIVA EL CHE!

-----------------------------

Jon Anderson [He and his brother exposed the origins of the "Contras"] spent a few years in Havana, Cuba with the widow and kids. It saddened me that "Che" had opted for the "ascetic warrior's life of poverty" and denied his family the amenities of life that his prestige and honorable service routinely provided. Especially

the manner to which Fidel, Raul, Pedro Miret, Unverso Sanchez, et al. had long since grown accustomed to !!

Cmdte. Felipe Vidal Santiago, acted exactly the same way once he was living in Miami -- after Jake got him to defect from the Cuban Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela.

[i add geographical details because: students are scanning this Forum, and some might not be familiar with locales, acronyms, cryptonyms, and this saves time for they and some members. Instead of having to punch in search engines, thesauri, dictionaries, etc. -- one might flow thru without interruption. Some known, but herein unnamed, parties might be wont to accuse me of treating readers as being semi-literate -- we can't have that now, can we?]

One day I chastized Felipe for this, as I had just delivered $15,000 to him in and envelope -- and within minutes he was bumming a Pall Mall cigarette off of me !! We were walking past a store by his house at that moment, so I told him to reach inside the bag, pull out one of the $20 bills -- go into the damn store and buy some smokes. He responded that this was NOT money for his personal use, it was for the revolution. So I just shut-my-mouth and gave him a cigarette.

Obviously "Che", being most aware of the privations imposed upon the Cuban people by the [illegal and Treaty violating] U.S. "Embargo" -- decided that he and his family would live no better than the poorest of the "Guajiros"!! Moreover, and realizing he would soon enough be back in "the bush", and experiencing the ever present breathing problems -- living "slim" may have seemed to be correct "prepping" for the not to distant future missions.

Anybody who states that "Che" said that: If the "nuke" missiles had been under his control, he would have launched against the U.S. -- is a lying coward-ass REMF !! He never said it.

In fact, he offered an Olive Branch to the "Yanquis" on more than one occasion, and was rebuffed and/or ignored by JFK's "buddies".

Jean's and Lisa's flights/interviews with Fidel were "stalking-horse" set-ups -- by people who wanted to surveil Fidel from a known locale, and ultimately trail him to where he would stay that night. He changed these locales almost on a daily basis to avoid being hit !!

So much for the suckers who still swallow and swill the r'approchment line of crap. These were only two of the dozens of failed surveillance ploys against Fidel -- the first having started via June Cobb and Juan Orta.

Amidst my debriefing by CIA [once out of Cuba], a second officer was sent in -- and he focused quite a bit on possible techniques of getting into Cuban military buildings, AND -- what would cause Fidel to spontaneously make an apppearance at a specific pre-planned locale ??!!

I responded that: If he was thinking about Fidel rushing to the Le Coubre and the Cayo Loco explosions ?? I told him to forget about it. Fidel's security detail wouldn't permit such reckless behavior anymore.

Later,

GPH

I, for one, don't doubt Hemming's affection for Guevara. Both William F. Buckley and Felix Rodriguez have expressed admiration for the man. Evidently, there was a lot to be admired. What I do find fascinating is that, like Bruce Lee, Bob Marley, and Johnny Cash, Che has become a bigger icon in death than he ever was in life.

He represents something--idealism and concern for the common man--that is badly missed in today's world.

Dear Mr. Hemmings ,From the NODULATOR SITE

HEMMING, who spoke Spanish and German, dressed in a Hitler Youth Corps uniform. HEMMING told this researcher: "I studied the Nazis very closely. I read Mein Kampf in the original goddamn German. I had my picture taken in a Nazi uniform. I'm very close to that. I speak the xxxxing language and everything. I don't like these goddamn cracker son-of-a-bitches playing xxxxing Nazi. It's sickening. You got to be a German to be a Nazi. My philosophy is the whole world is full of assholes. Some of the these assholes are chimps, some of these assholes are homo sapiens."

Considering CHE was more hard headed than CASTRO himself on communist revolution spreading -one pauses to think about your tears for CHE. Sir ,do you still have a copy of the above photo Re: NAZI uniform ? as they say ,the more things change-the more they stay the same...........THANKS sg

Even despite the "JFK" movie credits putting an "s" on my name, or the CIA/FBI/ASA/US Embassy pogues spelling it Hening, Henning, Hemsing -- it remains HEMMING. No "way" as is Hemingway either.

Typical of the Khazar Weberman's taking statements [or inventions of same] out of context: At age 15 I taught myself how to forge the Wehrmacht "Soldbuch" [Paybook]. Necessary to the Soldbuch was a photograph that must have been taken in a WWII German miltary uniform.

It was not a "Hitler Jugend" uniform, but a "Volks Sturm" [Home Guard - "Heimat"] uniform. But then again, with a rabid "Holocaust Denier", and snitch for the NYPD anti-Semite B.O.S.S. Unit -- what can anyone expect ??!!

What AJW leaves out of that "Nodu-Rhoid", and no doubt due to his constant abuse of illegal drugs, or pilfered prescription pharmaceuticals was: "....The later use of said "Soldbuch"..."! To garner "war stories" from Wehrmacht [POW] veterans who had been permitted to remain in CONUS after the May '45 VE-Day

surrender. Or, I as I learned many years later; "Operation Paper Clip" pogues who were being recommended for employment, or already employed by, defense contractors known to my uncles.

[by 15 years of age I was already pushing 6 feet tall, and frustratingly forced to pay adult movie prices at the Saturday matinees]

Corrected, the quoted I is: ".....Che was more earnest at exporting the strong & new Communist version of the Cuban Revolution than Fidel.." -- "...Evidence of this was his undying support for my Sandinista trainees, and prior support for our operations in both Santo Domingo and Haiti..!"

In Santa Clara, at the dedication for Che's memorial a few years back, Fidel said the very same thing: That Che was a more fervent revolutionary than we ever hoped to be !!

Fidel initially hesitated at the 1965 operations in the Congo. When it came time for supporting the nascent FMLA government in Luanda, Angola [against the CIA supported Zavimbi, the South African troops, etc.];

it took long arguments by both De La Guardias, Ochoa, Tomassevich, et al. to ultimately swing Fidel into agreeing to said operations. The Soviets were also wary of what they styled as: "this reckless adventurism".

No, I lost the Soldbuch when I sold the uniform to the "Fuhrerbunker" in Los Angeles. Like a dumb-ass, I failed to check the pockets. Upon returning to the shop, I discovered that they had already sold the "Soldbuch" [as a genuine collectors item] for $150+ -- but they offered same back to me for $200.

I thank you for your loyal comments. Danka und bitte sehn.

Gerhard Von Hemming (UnterSturmbahnFuhrer des Horst Wessel Liede Division)

RJS

Richard J:

Bernardo de Torres

Later,

GPH

Ms. Mauro:

Regards,

GPH

GPH

-----------------------------

Jon Anderson [He and his brother exposed the origins of the "Contras"] spent a few years in Havana, Cuba with the widow and kids. It saddened me that "Che" had opted for the "ascetic warrior's life of poverty" and denied his family the amenities of life that his prestige and honorable service routinely provided. Especially

the manner to which Fidel, Raul, Pedro Miret, Unverso Sanchez, et al. had long since grown accustomed to !!

Cmdte. Felipe Vidal Santiago, acted exactly the same way once he was living in Miami -- after Jake got him to defect from the Cuban Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela.

[i add geographical details because: students are scanning this Forum, and some might not be familiar with locales, acronyms, cryptonyms, and this saves time for they and some members. Instead of having to punch in search engines, thesauri, dictionaries, etc. -- one might flow thru without interruption. Some known, but herein unnamed, parties might be wont to accuse me of treating readers as being semi-literate -- we can't have that now, can we?]

One day I chastized Felipe for this, as I had just delivered $15,000 to him in and envelope -- and within minutes he was bumming a Pall Mall cigarette off of me !! We were walking past a store by his house at that moment, so I told him to reach inside the bag, pull out one of the $20 bills -- go into the damn store and buy some smokes. He responded that this was NOT money for his personal use, it was for the revolution. So I just shut-my-mouth and gave him a cigarette.

Obviously "Che", being most aware of the privations imposed upon the Cuban people by the [illegal and Treaty violating] U.S. "Embargo" -- decided that he and his family would live no better than the poorest of the "Guajiros"!! Moreover, and realizing he would soon enough be back in "the bush", and experiencing the ever present breathing problems -- living "slim" may have seemed to be correct "prepping" for the not to distant future missions.

Anybody who states that "Che" said that: If the "nuke" missiles had been under his control, he would have launched against the U.S. -- is a lying coward-ass REMF !! He never said it.

In fact, he offered an Olive Branch to the "Yanquis" on more than one occasion, and was rebuffed and/or ignored by JFK's "buddies".

Jean's and Lisa's flights/interviews with Fidel were "stalking-horse" set-ups -- by people who wanted to surveil Fidel from a known locale, and ultimately trail him to where he would stay that night. He changed these locales almost on a daily basis to avoid being hit !!

So much for the suckers who still swallow and swill the r'approchment line of crap. These were only two of the dozens of failed surveillance ploys against Fidel -- the first having started via June Cobb and Juan Orta.

Amidst my debriefing by CIA [once out of Cuba], a second officer was sent in -- and he focused quite a bit on possible techniques of getting into Cuban military buildings, AND -- what would cause Fidel to spontaneously make an apppearance at a specific pre-planned locale ??!!

I responded that: If he was thinking about Fidel rushing to the Le Coubre and the Cayo Loco explosions ?? I told him to forget about it. Fidel's security detail wouldn't permit such reckless behavior anymore.

Later,

GPH

"It saddened me that "Che" had opted for the "ascetic warrior's life of poverty" and denied his family the amenities of life that his prestige and honorable service routinely provided. Especially the manner to which Fidel, Raul, Pedro Miret, Unverso Sanchez, et al. had long since grown accustomed to !!"

I can only feel remorse for the fact in knowing how adamant Che believed in his ideals, that his "opting" for the "ascetic warrior's life of poverty", cost him his life. At least he wasn't a hypocrit about his beliefs. At least he put himself on par with the guajiros he chose to fight for. And, at least he didn't compromise his ethics when it came to standing up for what he believed in. That's what made him such a threat to the U.S. gov., his blatant honesty, and the Christ-like objectivity he had for those who would be oppressed and exploited by empirialistic pigs. It's extremely sad for his widow and children to have not had the amenities they should have been entitled to, but I would hope that he would have instilled in them the same ideologies, and had taken the time to explain why he felt so strongly about them. Hopefully they were old enough to understand what a great human being their father was. And, if they were too young to have realized it at the time, I'm sure they must have learned of this fact by now. I see where his daughter has spoken of this.

CHE GUEVARA: GUERILLA HEROICA

by Jane Franklin

[Published in The Nation, May 19, 1997]

Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life.

By Jon Lee Anderson.

Grove Press. 814 pp. $35.

With Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life, Jon Lee Anderson seeks to capture the man who has become a twentieth-century myth. It's a daunting task. Thirty years after his death, Che Guevara has multiple incarnations--on the wall next to Jesus in homes of Salvadoran peasants; tattooed on the arm of Swedish Olympic boxer Kwamena Turkson; on countless T-shirts and as the name of a British beer; as the Christ figure in a mural of Chicano heroes called The Last Supper in Stanford University's Latino Dorm; on a banner borne by rock group Rage Against the Machine; as the choral observer in Evita; in an espionage thriller soon to be produced by Mick Jagger; in a film series to be shown in Brazil in August; on the French CD Che Vive--1967-1997; portrayed by Cheech Marin with cigar and beret in George magazine; and of course in Cuba everywhere, from souvenirs to the giant portrait overlooking the Plaza de la Revolución. Does Anderson succeed? Well, yes and no.

Anderson, a journalist who has reported on several recent wars, based his previous book, Guerrillas (1992), on his experience living with Afghanistan's mujahedeen, El Salvador's FMLN, Myanmar's Karen, the Western Sahara's Polisario, and Gaza Palestinians waging the intifada. His quest for the meaning of the guerrilla experience sooner or later had to lead to Che Guevara, the Guerrilla Heroica himself.

A skillful interviewer, Anderson elicited information from dozens of participants in Guevara's life. While researching and writing this book, he lived in Cuba, where he talked with some of the people closest to Guevara (though not Fidel or Raúl Castro). He had access to Cuba's oral histories and of course to published materials by Guevara and others, including relatives, friends, and enemies. Guevara's widow, Aleida March, gave Anderson access to previously unpublished materials and her own recollections and memorabilia such as poems Guevara wrote for her and for Fidel Castro. From Cuba, Anderson traveled to several countries, interviewing relatives and friends in Argentina, former KGB agents in Moscow and comrades in Bolivia as well as Bolivian officials involved in Guevara's capture and death. In Miami, he met with Cuban-American CIA agent Félix Rodríguez, who was present at Guevara's murder.

The biography follows Guevara from his birth in Argentina in 1928 until he was hunted down by CIA operatives and Bolivian Rangers, captured, and executed in 1967. Combining contradictory sources and an immense amount of detail, Anderson projects a multifaceted view of Guevara as a person, seething with ambiguities and complexities. This is an achievement that makes Che Guevara essential for anyone seriously interested in Guevara or the Cuban revolution. With his own experience living with guerrillas, Anderson is especially effective at merging material from Guevara's diaries with other people's oral and written accounts to re-create the battlegrounds of guerrilla warfare.

But Anderson never quite communicates an understanding of why Guevara remains such a powerful presence. Relying too much on secondary sources for his knowledge of Cuban history, he fails to grasp the nature of the revolution for which Guevara, Fidel Castro and so many others were willing to die. As a major historical figure, Guevara must be understood in his historical context. He perceived his life's purpose as part of a struggle against imperialism, in which the fight to break U.S. control over Cuba could be crucial. Anderson sees Cuba-U.S. relations as a "tit-for-tat war."

According to Anderson, the "final straw" that led President Eisenhower to sever relations with Cuba on January 3, 1961, was a military mobilization on the streets of Havana on January 1 followed by a demand that Washington cut its Havana embassy staff. But the break in relations was not based on such flimsy reasons. Washington had decided to overthrow the Cuban government and could hardly launch an invasion while maintaining supposedly peaceful relations. Havana's show of weaponry was to let everybody know Cubans were ready for an attack they knew was coming even as Washington denied any such intention. Although Anderson records the Eisenhower Administration's plans for invasion, he doesn't make key connections. Cuba's repeated requests for U.N. help in preventing the assault are not mentioned. The "final straw" for Havana might have come on November 1, 1960, when the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N., James Wadsworth, called Cuba's charges of a planned attack "monstrous distortions and downright falsehoods." Five months later, the Kennedy Administration launched the Bay of Pigs invasion.

Or perhaps the "final straw" for Cuba came when the first hitmen arrived from Miami as part of the August 1960 CIA-Mafia plots to assassinate Cuban leaders. Curiously, Anderson devotes little space to the ceaseless covert operations against Cuba. He alludes only briefly to collusion with the Mafia. He refers only once to the CIA's Edward Lansdale, director of the covert Operation Mongoose, which was aimed at overthrowing the Cuban government by October 1962. Although Anderson notes that Mongoose provided for direct U.S. military intervention, he fails to see how this operation, initiated in November 1961 by President Kennedy, and threatening a second invasion, influenced Cuba's buildup of nuclear defenses--the buildup that led to the missile crisis of October 1962.

Nor does Anderson comprehend, as both Havana and Washington did, how Edward Lansdale embodied the ties between events in Vietnam and impending events in Cuba. After all, this was the man who had led the cloak-and-dagger campaign to establish the U.S. puppet government in Saigon in 1954-55. In 1961 Lansdale had just returned from a new operation in Vietnam, where Operation Hades, a massive U.S. chemical warfare program, had just been secretly launched. Anderson hardly deals with Vietnam at all. Yet during those crucial years of Guevara's life from 1961 to 1967 the U.S. war in Vietnam loomed over the world, profoundly influencing hundreds of millions of people, none more than Guevara.

Anderson seems not to share Guevara's view of U.S. imperialism, and downplays the U.S. role in global events. Speaking at a 1961 rally to mobilize Cubans for the imminent U.S. invasion, Guevara cited the recent murder of Patrice Lumumba as "an example of what the empire is capable of." In the many pages devoted to events in the Congo (later Zaire), Anderson contests this claim (without mentioning it). Though he reports a plan by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb of the CIA's "medical division" to poison Lumumba, he states that "before the CIA could get close to Lumumba, however, his own Congolese rivals did." But the CIA and the U.S. Embassy had already connived with these Congolese rivals--Moise Tshombe and Joseph Mobutu--to murder Lumumba. Mobutu, who turned Lumumba over to Tshombe to kill, was actually on the CIA payroll. Four years later, when Guevara left Cuba to fight against Tshombe and Mobutu on the side of Lumumba's followers, the CIA had already dispatched a band of Cuban exiles, trained for the Bay of Pigs, to fly bombing raids for Tshombe. This CIA operation, ignored by Anderson, suggests that Washington shared Guevara's view of the dimensions of the struggle.

In the Epilogue, Anderson retells a story that he first broke on November 21, 1995, in The New York Times: A retired Bolivian officer told him where Guevara is supposedly buried. Despite a lot of digging, the body has not yet been found. In Viva Che! (1968), Marianne Alexandre reported that when Roberto Guevara arrived in Bolivia shortly after Che's death, he was told his brother had been cremated and his ashes scattered. After receiving the news of Anderson's story, Guevara's daughter Aleida, a doctor in Cuba, said that her father "lives in a mountain of people" and "is still giving his own killers a headache."

e-mail to Jane Franklin: janefranklin@hotmail.com

Jane Franklin is the author of Cuba and the United States: A Chronological History.

I, for one, don't doubt Hemming's affection for Guevara. Both William F. Buckley and Felix Rodriguez have expressed admiration for the man. Evidently, there was a lot to be admired. What I do find fascinating is that, like Bruce Lee, Bob Marley, and Johnny Cash, Che has become a bigger icon in death than he ever was in life.

He represents something--idealism and concern for the common man--that is badly missed in today's world.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

And therein lies his downfall and defeat.

Che demonstrated an absolutely complete "idealistic" approach to resolving all social problems.

His apparant beliefs were that ALL should see the world as did he, and in this regard he neglected to see what many others have seen and known about the human species.

His "idealistic" approach was somewhat of a thorn in Castro & Raul, as both recognized that "Idealism" is fine in thought but hardly achieveable in reality.

This is partially responsible for the "rift" between "CHE" and Fidel, and has to do with why CHE took up the trail of the revolutionary again.

His disappointments in Africa were tremendous and he is known to have stated to the effect: "we can not get these people to cease killing one another long enough to concentrate on a common goal".

This same "idealistic" approach is to a large degree responsible for his virtually complete failure as a "Guerilla" leader in his final "Bolivian Campaign".

In this regard, he certainly placed too much faith and trust in his fellow combatants.

For some reason, CHE just could not seem to see or accept the fact that other humans did not see the world in the same light as did he.

Exactly how many others have "gained it all", only to give it up and thereafter deprive oneself and family of the fruits of victory, based on an idealistic view of how the world should be.

Tom

I, for one, don't doubt Hemming's affection for Guevara.... He represents something--idealism and concern for the common man--that is badly missed in today's world.
And therein lies his downfall and defeat. Che demonstrated an absolutely complete "idealistic" approach to resolving all social problems.... For some reason, CHE just could not seem to see or accept the fact that other humans did not see the world in the same light as did he. Exactly how many others have "gained it all", only to give it up and thereafter deprive oneself and family of the fruits of victory, based on an idealistic view of how the world should be.

Supplant the word principled for idealistic and it becomes more clear why Che and other historically noteworthy figures wouldn't compromise in order to enjoy the "fruits of victory." Sheesh!

Tim Carroll

I, for one, don't doubt Hemming's affection for Guevara.... He represents something--idealism and concern for the common man--that is badly missed in today's world.
And therein lies his downfall and defeat. Che demonstrated an absolutely complete "idealistic" approach to resolving all social problems.... For some reason, CHE just could not seem to see or accept the fact that other humans did not see the world in the same light as did he. Exactly how many others have "gained it all", only to give it up and thereafter deprive oneself and family of the fruits of victory, based on an idealistic view of how the world should be.

Supplant the word principled for idealistic and it becomes more clear why Che and other historically noteworthy figures wouldn't compromise in order to enjoy the "fruits of victory." Sheesh!

Tim Carroll

"Supplant the word principled for idealistic and it becomes more clear why Che and other historically noteworthy figures wouldn't compromise in order to enjoy the "fruits of victory.""

Thank you, Tim. I was hoping for a better choice of words, but "ideals" kept popping back into my head.

"Principles" is what I was actually looking for.

In his motorcycle diaries, Che' talks about an old principle of describing history: objectively and without embellishment. An objective description of the truth is sufficient to capture the reality.

Combine this with his principles and what else could he do? He lived his truth. I don't think he ever held a gun against anyones head and said that they must live his truth. I think that's what conscience is for. In fighting and dying as he did he makes a statement about the reality of the world we live in. In a way he then provides a road sign for those who wish to follow. Thus his death may serve to further future success to the next Che'. What else could a Che' do?

Che' quotes Jose' Marti' : "the best form of saying is doing."

And others present unknown to either of us, but recognized as JM/WAVE CIA Officers. That is: save for CIA Officer David Morales, who having had words with me after the BOP; spent his time glaring in my direction !! (Gerry Hemming)

Gerry,

Can you offer any more details regarding this? I gather that Morales was not the warmest and benevolent of individuals.

James