The Education Forum

HSCA Enhancement

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Robin,

that close up of the wall in Nix still looks better than anything that I've seen from other sources.

I was wondering whether these two objects are actually in the film or just part of the page beneath showing through(note the text on the south wall), I've not noticed them before.

It is also curious how these experts could miss this flash in that enhanced version of Nix.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...pe=post&id=1458

Hopefully Groden will release the work he did with Nix on a superior format one day.

Alan

Robin,

FYI, IMO the tint can be penetrated, however with mixed results. I have numerous enhancements I have done on Nix. The frustrating part is the source material. Even using high quality jpegs doesn't achieve the quality required.

As for me, I believe I am seeing an entire team of individuals in the shaded area - stairs and behind the wall. Many are holding cameras.

There is an interesting process which Ed O'Hagen and his brother apparently came up with, which consisted of transferring the Nix film from VHS to digital. This yields a higher quality image than the loss associated with an mpeg or jpeg.

Something to think about. I believe if someone were to hand me only a few 'genuine' Nix frames, using some different scanning techniques, at some >1mb+ scans, we could truly reveal the operation as it took place there.

Here's frame 413 [that's the number I have]. I am only pointing out the most obvious individual here using the red line, but if you perform the same techniques on preceding and successive frames, you begin to see the others - their distinctive hats, faces, movements, etc.

As for the efforts I have made thus far, IMO, the 'classic gunman' is an introduced piece of disinfo rubbish, deliberately created to draw focus from the real operatives, who were concealed through over-exposing the negative and applying heavy layers of tinting to the area.

- lee

Robin,

Here's a slight enhancement of one of the enlargements from your posts. I can do better, but I don't have the same powerful Photoshop tools on my new pc. Need to do some research on that. The program that came with the pc is not the same quality as I am accustomed to working with. I puchased a newer variation of the one I used to do a lot of great things with, and it is also just a no go.

Anyway, for what it's worth, IMO, this area indicates the lens of a camera. I find that there is some strange type of phenomenon when the lens of a camera captures another lens - some sort of refraction or multiplication of the light occurs, resulting in what appear to be small balls of light.

I'll see if I can import this photo into my old machine and take a whack at it.

- lee

Thanks Robin,

that close up of the wall in Nix still looks better than anything that I've seen from other sources.

I was wondering whether these two objects are actually in the film or just part of the page beneath showing through(note the text on the south wall), I've not noticed them before.

It is also curious how these experts could miss this flash in that enhanced version of Nix.

Hopefully Groden will release the work he did with Nix on a superior format one day.

Alan

Hi Alan.

Good to see you again, that white spot is interesting.

As i read it, Lee thinks that it may be a camera lense.

Hi Lee.

QUOTE:

Anyway, for what it's worth, IMO, this area indicates the lens of a camera. I find that there is some strange type of phenomenon when the lens of a camera captures another lens - some sort of refraction or multiplication of the light occurs, resulting in what appear to be small balls of light.

Lee, i will wait to see the outcome of your image processing.

What is that white "cactus shape" to the right of BDM in the image I think it may be sunlight hitting the fence.

Edited by Robin Unger

Thanks Robin,

Alan

Hi Alan.

Good to see you again, that white spot is interesting.

As i read it, Lee thinks that it may be a camera lense.

Hi Lee.

QUOTE:

Lee, i will wait to see the outcome of your image processing.

Can anyone else see a man in a suit walking towards the steps in this image, just to the right of BDM, or am i seeing an illusion.?

post.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Duncan,

Robin,

From the enhancements I've done, many of which I am loathe to release, as they are not 100% - there are something between 5 - 7 men behind the retaining wall. Some move around, others remain stationary. Some are gathered near the edge of the retaining wall, on the steps. Further down the steps there is another gathering of another 3 - 5 men - some on the sidewalk, some further back on the grass.

Dunc - you're the man when it comes to the pillbox. I have not studied it. Are there operatives in the pillbox at the time of the action, or do they retreat to this position following the exit of the motorcade?

I've proposed this before - I think it's a worthy endeavor to select a specific photo and couple it with a film - to synch the timing - then perform the enhancements to identify locations - in order to avoid double counting any of these operatives. On of the men on the stairs has what I believe to be a Cuban Military hat - IMO, he's in charge of that area. He's on the stairs - he moves, and ends up taking a position behind the picketfence, standing on the bumper of the pick-up truck on his radio.

Anyone want to join me in this project? I'd like to use RB Cutler's scale map to detail the numbers, and try to get as much detail as possible on the hats worn, clothing, etc. As noted elsewhere, RB Cutler credited Dick Sprague with his photo analysis - Cutler has 4 men behind the retaining wall. I think he made a good start.

One more point - how do we get our hands on Nix 'original' film stock?? It won't be first issue - it will have already been altered, but we can scan it at a high enough res to get very high quality results and penetrate the tint.

- lee

P.S. This is Nix 419 I believe. An enlarged and enhanced view of the area of the retaining wall.

Bell is killer.

BTW - I put a lot of my thinking into what happened in the operation into that seminar section on The Zapruder Film Conspiracy. However, I want to add one observation:

There were definitely cameras back there, as per those who have seen other films, and etc. I still believe that some sequences of footage taken from some of these cameras was inserted as an underlayer in the Zapruder film.

Does this mean that one or more of these lenses may not have in fact been the reflection/refraction of a spotter's scope? Definitely worth considering as a very likely factor. One behind the wall, and one on the stairs. Very possible. Especially if you discount a South Knoll windshield throat shot for a North Knoll shot.

I am really puzzling myself over the operative I found in Muchmore, who is lying prone on the stairs. I am really beginning to believe he's our boy for the final headshot. A 30-06 or something, from less than 20 feet. He has something like a newspaper or something draped over the weapon.

Anyway, here's a job I did on Bell awhile ago. Time for them to come out from their hiding place in 2005.

- lee

Can anyone else see a man in a suit walking towards the steps in this image, just to the right of BDM, or am i seeing an illusion.?

Here is what i see.He can also be seen in Betzner beside BDM.

Notice the same markings of a badge and a shoulder emblem exactly as seen in the Badgeman enhancement.

Duncan

Hi Duncan.

I can see what you are looking at,we appear to be looking at two different people, to me your man is up against the wall, and my man in the suit is between him and BDM further back from the wall.

Hi Lee

Keep the images coming, i find this very interesting.

Robin,

Here's an example of the quality we can get using a different technique. This is a result of a piece Ed O'Hagen sent to me, transferring the Nix from VHS to digital. This is one of the operatives on the knoll.

We need the earliest possible 'tainted' record - by that I mean the film stock - over-exposed, tinted and all. It doesn't matter that it's tainted - there's plenty of data - even if certain frames were most likely spliced out. The higher the quality the base material, the higher the quality of the result.

I have attempted to source the earliest possible materials [as possible and within certain means] for my study. The later stuff is practically worthless - I call it 'progressive generations' of alteration. 'Clean-up,' if you will.

All photos and films saw alteration. All photos and films saw alteration. All photos and films saw alteration. The record we have is the record that was deemed worthy of release.

Don't wait around for any 'restoration' efforts. Unlikely much will come of that malarky.

- lee

Robin,

Here's an example of the quality we can get using a different technique.  This is a result of a piece Ed O'Hagen sent to me, transferring the Nix from VHS to digital.  This is one of the operatives on the knoll.

We need the earliest possible 'tainted' record - by that I mean the film stock - over-exposed, tinted and all.  It doesn't matter that it's tainted - there's plenty of data - even if certain frames were most likely spliced out.  The higher the quality the base material, the higher the quality of the result.

I have attempted to source the earliest possible materials [as possible and within certain means] for my study.  The later stuff is practically worthless - I call it 'progressive generations' of alteration.  'Clean-up,' if you will.

All photos and films saw alteration.  All photos and films saw alteration.  All photos and films saw alteration.  The record we have is the record that was deemed worthy of release.

Don't wait around for any 'restoration' efforts.  Unlikely much will come of that malarky.

- lee

Lee,

first of all, please, please, please, post alongside your work, the untouched data you are trying to analyise.

It helps to know what you are working with.

Also, if you have any proof that "All photos and films saw alteration.", or even just a single one, then post that too please.

Regards

Alan

Edited by Alan Healy