The Education Forum

A meeting at Love Field?

This question of when and how Nixon learned of the assasssination is much ado about nothing. What significance should be given to the conflicting stories? The statement that the only time he was in Dallas in 1963 was two days before the assassination is from an FBI report. We all know how reliable FBI reports are. Nixon probably said he arrived in Dallas two days before (true) and the FBI wrote it down like he left town the same day.

In one place Nixon says a man came running from a street corner to his cab in New York to tell him of the shooting, in another place he says a woman came screaming out of her house. So Nixon changed it from some man to a woman in distress. Nixon saying "Stop the cab!" and rolling down his window to see how he can help a crying lady running out of her house makes Tricky Dick look like Sir Galahad. This proves what we already know, that Nixon was a lying politician who would say whatever sounds good.

As for a meeting at Love Field, maybe Nixon was seen there speaking with Chauncey Holt. Holt could easily be mistaken for Hunt. Nixon probably told Holt, "Secret Service credentials? I don't need no stinking Secret Service credentials. I'm flying out of here, not in."

Ron

Ron.

I see what you are saying - but I believe that sufficient doubt exists concerning his wherabouts that morning and afternoon, to say that the possibility of Nixon having been seen at Love Field at 10:30am CT on 11/22/63 is not infeasible.

All we have here is a well documented crook, telling his own conflicting tales of something he claims he witnessed, to establish a generic reference to a point in time. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find the actual taxi driver that can recall driving Nixon from the airport, but having him scratch his head and say, 'But I told him that story.'

I'd still like to see a time stamped UPI photo of Nixon collapsing from the sheer emotional stress of the news that one of his greatest enemies has been successfully eliminated [

Done as if by order
if I may quote the same film], or an airline ticket stub that has the time of departure, or a few of the 'many photographs' allegedly taken upon his arrival [with a clock on the wall], in 'Idlewild.'
"I am going to work as hard as I can to get the Kennedy's out of there.  We can't afford four more years of that kind of administration."

Richard M. Nixon, NY Times, November 21, 1963

I believe that sufficient doubt exists concerning his wherabouts that morning and afternoon, to say that the possibility of Nixon having been seen at Love Field at 10:30am CT on 11/22/63 is not infeasible. 

I'm sure that Nixon was seen at Love Field in the mid-morning of 11/22, as the Dallas Morning News reported that morning that he was leaving two hours before JFK's arrival. (See newspaper article reproduced on page 6 of The Killing of a President.)

IMO Nixon was in Dallas that morning for one reason, whether there was a bottlers convention or not. He was there to show moral support for the conspirators. If it wasn't for that recognizable mug, I'm sure he would have liked to stay for the big event, standing on the corner with Rip and Lucien.

Ron