The Education Forum

Did Oswald know?

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

That sounds as though he was in the presence of authorities who were only there to help him. The fact is he was deprived of a citizen's liberty and he made it clear that by his account he was being held for reasons he did not understand. The attitude of the DPD AND the Press appears to have been one of "VEE VILL ASK DEE QVESTIONS"

Sure, you may think most of the DPD made Lee as the killer as soon as they set eyes on him but IMO after an hour with the man, any one with half a brain & especially those with experience in dealing with criminals, would have started to have doubts, like most of us do.

Lee was a special a special case however, the perfect patsy & anyone spotting a glint of thruth in the mans face would have had a lot of other negative info to deal with.

I don't see all the DPD(& press??) as vicious bastards & I believe there were a few gentlemen who had contact with Lee & that the old softly softly routine must of been tried by at least one of them.

Telling the prisoner that the President is dead when he asked, is an insignificant item IMO.

You think they saved that information until they charged him?

Like......Oh he's dead & btw you killed him.

A double whammy so to speak?

Wasn't he allowed to talk & something to eat? A phonecall, visitors, a jersey to keep warm, a press conference? :eek

Hmm, maybe not immeadiatly but letting the man stir while they gather evidence is very common I think & if he was really guilty, would we even care? I certainly wouldn't, the evil sod.

Knowing that the President was dead & not knowing why he was being held are totally seperate issues.

Of course Lee knew Jack was dead, he just didn't know it was he who shot him.

Alan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

'the evil sod' (?)

Mmm......right....oh huh.......I see.......

So much for a fair trial.

EBC

Alan Healy wrote: Telling the prisoner that the President is dead when he asked, is an insignificant item IMO. You think they saved that information until they charged him?

At his midnight "press conference" Lee was asked "did you shoot the president" and his answer went something like "No one has said that to me yet. The first I heard of that was when the newspaper reporters in the hall asked me that question"

I know of no evidence that Lee was lying when he made that statement, unless of course you make the assumption that he was guilty.

Alan Healy wrote: Telling the prisoner that the President is dead when he asked, is an insignificant item IMO. You think they saved that information until they charged him?

At his midnight "press conference" Lee was asked "did you shoot the president" and his answer went something like "No one has said that to me yet. The first I heard of that was when the newspaper reporters in the hall asked me that question"

I know of no evidence that Lee was lying when he made that statement, unless of course you make the assumption that he was guilty.

J. Raymond:

Although there seems to be no evidence that Lee was lying when he made that statement, there is evidence available that he was telling the truth when he made that statement.

According to George O'Toole's book, "The Assassination Tapes"

which used a psychological stress evaluator to analyze Oswald's voice to determine whether or not he was telling the truth, Oswald was not lying when he

said "no" in reference to the question asked, "did you shoot the president?"

On page 123 of his book, O'Toole had a man named Mike Kradz of Dektor analyze

the voice without revealing to him that it was Oswald's. Kradz came to the conclusion that this "person" was telling the truth about not killing "a policeman and an executive," However, the person, according to Kradz, may have been

lying when he said, "I positively know nothing about this situation here," and

"I know nothing more than that."

This last finding by Kradz lends validity to the theory that Oswald

may have known something about an attemtpt on JFK's life because he soon

started calling himself a "patsy."

Bill Cheslock

Yes, Raymond thank you.

He does indeed say that & if you watch it again you should notice his voice faulter when he says the word "hall".

What the source of that nervousness is is anyone's guess, could well be an innocent explaination for it.

I have a little love for the guy but I do believe he may well of been aware of, at least part of the plot.

Anyway, the question at the press conference was "Did you kill the President?"

& his exact answer was "No. I have not been charged with that, in fact nobody has said that to me yet...."

so he was of course referring to the authorities at that time.

Lee's reply does not say he wasn't aware of the death, it just says he wasn't aware that's that what he was there for.

If you have him saying he no idea the President was dead here, then can you not see how how his reply makes him extreemly coldhearted?

Alan

Btw.

If a member expects a reply to their post, then at least quote the full sentence they are responding too, if not, the full paragraph. At least.

That way, they might at least get a chance to re-read what was originally posted & stand less chance of taking someone out of context &/or totally misunderstanding the point they were making.

I feel this shows no repect, either to the member or to the board as a whole.

If you don't want to repeat the whole of the post, then simply select the text you want to get rid of, by holding down the left mouse button & highlighting it.

Once it's highlighted, right click on the the text & select cut or delete.

If you use "cut" you can then paste it into another document by right clicking it & selecting "paste".

Also note the "undo" feature, very handy.

Lastly, if you keep the items that I've highlighted below in your post, then your selected quote will appear how it is supposed to, in it's own little box.

/salute

Alan

Yes, Raymond thank you.

He does indeed say that & if you watch it again you should notice his voice faulter when he says the word "hall".

What the source of that nervousness is is anyone's guess, could well be an innocent explaination for it.

I have a little love for the guy but I do believe he may well of been aware of, at least part of the plot.

Anyway, the question at the press conference was "Did you kill the President?"

& his exact answer was "No. I have not been charged with that, in fact nobody has said that to me yet...."

so he was of course referring to the authorities at that time.

Lee's reply does not say he wasn't aware of the death, it just says he wasn't aware that's that what he was there for.

If you have him saying he no idea the President was dead here, then can you not see how how his reply makes him extreemly coldhearted?

Alan

Alan:

Thank you for correcting my mistake. Even though O'Toole's book had the

sentence correct, I typed the word "shoot" instead of "kill." For the record,

O'Tooles book, "The Assassination Tapes" had the sentence correct, which reads,

"Did you kill the President?" Thanks again correcting my error.

Bill Cheslock

That sounds as though he was in the presence of authorities who were only there to help him. The fact is he was deprived of a citizen's liberty and he made it clear that by his account he was being held for reasons he did not understand. The attitude of the DPD AND the Press appears to have been one of "VEE VILL ASK DEE QVESTIONS"

Sure, you may think most of the DPD made Lee as the killer as soon as they set eyes on him but IMO after an hour with the man, any one with half a brain & especially those with experience in dealing with criminals, would have started to have doubts, like most of us do.

Lee was a special a special case however, the perfect patsy & anyone spotting a glint of thruth in the mans face would have had a lot of other negative info to deal with.

I don't see all the DPD(& press??) as vicious bastards & I believe there were a few gentlemen who had contact with Lee & that the old softly softly routine must of been tried by at least one of them.

Telling the prisoner that the President is dead when he asked, is an insignificant item IMO.

You think they saved that information until they charged him?

Like......Oh he's dead & btw you killed him.

A double whammy so to speak?

Wasn't he allowed to talk & something to eat? A phonecall, visitors, a jersey to keep warm, a press conference? :)

Hmm, maybe not immeadiatly but letting the man stir while they gather evidence is very common I think & if he was really guilty, would we even care? I certainly wouldn't, the evil sod.

Knowing that the President was dead & not knowing why he was being held are totally seperate issues.

Of course Lee knew Jack was dead, he just didn't know it was he who shot him.

Alan

ON OSWALD'S GRAVE, 1964

Will the cold dead body of Lee Oswald

Lay forever in a traitor's grave

Know his soul will have fair judgement

Be he guiltless or a knave.

Did he assassinate the president?

Was he truthfully accused?

Guilty yes, or was he innocent?

He has left all the world confused.

J.R.