The Education Forum

Is Raoul Frenchy?

here is a photo of Raoul taken from a line-up given to people to identify the man named Raoul who james earl ray says handle him and set him up.

it has been theorized before that Raoul is Frenchy the short tramp.

The photo was taken in 1960 so he would not have changed much in 3 years. There is a possibility that it was him as he has indeed been proven a part of the MLK assassination which involved H.L. Hunt, J edgar Hoover, Percey Foreman (as lawyer for James earl ray) and others also connected to the JFK assassination.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that he was involved in both.

After all Gerry Hemming says that the man identified at the soviet embassy impersonating oswald in mexico Saul Sague was also involved in the MLK assassination.

Mr.Hemming also tells me that Raouls real name was Robert Emmet Johnson.

Any specualtion would be appreciated.

john

At the time of the MLK assassination, I recall a photo published in the Louisville, KY courier-Journal of the alleged assassin, that stuck with me because of its LACK of resemblance to James Earl Ray, upon his eventual capture. Years later, I saw this same photograph elsewhere...it was the Mexico City "Oswald" photo, later ID's as Saul Sague/Saul Sage. My guess is that the FBI released the photo in all earnestness, and afterward they got an order from someone to "back off" from pursuing this lead.

I have searched the internet in vain for this photo in the context of the MLK assassination, but I am 100% sure I am not mistaken.

Anyone else around age 50 or over have a similar recollection?

here is a photo of  Raoul taken from a line-up given to people to identify the man named Raoul who james earl ray says handle him and set him up.

How do you know the photo is of Raoul? Was the man in the lineup named Raoul? Who was the lineup for? Was it for James Earl Ray, to ID Raoul? Did Ray ID this man as Raoul?

There is a possibility that it was him as he has indeed been proven a part of the MLK assassination which involved H.L. Hunt, J edgar Hoover, Percey Foreman (as lawyer for James earl ray) and others also connected to the JFK assassination.

What is the evidence of Hunt's involvement in the MLK case?

Mr.Hemming also tells me that Raouls real name was Robert Emmet Johnson.

Hemming has also stated that Johnson was in Dallas, with Arturo Espaillat, at the time of the JFK assassination.

It would be interesting to know if Johnson resembled Frenchy.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

That's very interesting, Lee. I have never heard of Jerry Hoy.

I believe the mystery man in John's original post is Reinaldo Pico Ramon, a Cuban who was recruited into the Agency's dirty tricks department after the Bay of Pigs. It is also my opinion that he is not the tramp known as Frenchy. FWIW.

Whether or not this guy is Raoul, I have no idea. I have not been able to secure an image of Robert Johnson as apart from the information provided by GPH and Roy Hargraves, I can find no reference to him anywhere.

James

How do you know the photo is of Raoul? Was the man in the lineup named Raoul? Who was the lineup for? Was it for James Earl Ray, to ID Raoul? Did Ray ID this man as Raoul?

The lineup was for a woman who knew raoul to pick him out, he had admitted to her before that "he had killed him (MLk) once, and know i'll have to do it again", it was also for a few others. Im afraid i only have william peppers book in my local library so i cant quote with names at the moment. Ray did also id this man as Raoul.

Gerry Hemming says that robert emmet johnson was indeed raoul.

What is the evidence of Hunt's involvement in the MLK case?

The evidence for hunts involvement comes from his right hand man at the time (im sorry i dont have his name readily available) who says that hunt pumped money into radio shows accross the country that were unkind to dr.king to say the least, he also says that hunt had a direct link with j edgar hoover and that they frequently discussed king as a problem and that he hinted at paying for the assassination

Hemming has also stated that Johnson was in Dallas, with Arturo Espaillat, at the time of the JFK assassination.

It would be interesting to know if Johnson resembled Frenchy.

it would indeed.

Mark, that sounds like quite big news, if we could find that story with the photo it would be quite amazing in connecting the two cases and showing that both were covert ops.

john

here is a photo of the full line-up that was posted on jfklancerforum.com a few days ago and is in dr.william peppers book 'an act of state, the execution of dr.martin luther king" Its a great book. Notice guy bannister is in the top left.

I intend to write a seminar on the topic of links between the two assassinations as i feel the MLK investigation could throw some light on the JFK case.

Mark, I assume you have tried directly through the paper, I would assume there are some local archives that would store newspapers.

john

Posted this before, I still think it odd.

Interesting names.

SEE XEROX MEMO FROM SPRAGUE 1977 ABOVE

- lee

This is very interesting, George de morenschildt was afraid of someone or something called RAS right before his murder/suicide. He placed people in Dealey Plaza, then committed himself from the strain. According to the memo Arcarcha Smith? and [William] Seymour were part of the ambuscade, and had alibis made for them in New Orleans and Phoenix.......this Sprague investigators memo from 1977 is very interesting, Lee.

Beckham, Gordon, Arcacha Smith and Seymour are principles in Dealey with Loy, from General Dynamics as the lead position tramp, ie Frenchy.

Will some one else please give some context on this, and who is the author?

(also, I am with james, the Raoul line-up-man is not a match with the #1 tramp)

Edited by Shanet Clark

George de morenschildt was afraid of someone or something called RAS right before his murder/suicide.

RAS would be Richard A. Sprague, the original chief counsel of the HSCA. Sprague tried to run a real investigation, and was attacked by the media (on behalf of the CIA) and by his own chairman Henry Gonzalez of Texas, who called Sprague "an unconscionable scoundrel."

DeMohrenschildt and the CIA certainly had reason to fear Sprague, but it's unfortunate if that's why DeMohrenschildt "committed suicide," because Sprague resigned later the same day. Poor George may have shot himself for nothing.

Ron

Shanet:

The characteristic penmanship and initials mark the memo writer as Robert B. Cutler, author of "The Umbrella Man" and "Alias Oswald," and one-man writer/editor/publisher of the Grassy Knoll Gazette.  He's done some very good work.

FWIW....

Posted this before, I still think it odd.

Interesting names.

SEE XEROX MEMO FROM SPRAGUE 1977 ABOVE

- lee

This is very interesting, George de morenschildt was afraid of someone or something called RAS right before his murder/suicide. He placed people in Dealey Plaza, then committed himself from the strain. According to the memo Arcarcha Smith? and [William] Seymour were part of the ambuscade, and had alibis made for them in New Orleans and Phoenix.......this Sprague investigators memo from 1977 is very interesting, Lee.

Beckham, Gordon, Arcacha Smith and Seymour are principles in Dealey with Loy, from General Dynamics as the lead position tramp, ie Frenchy.

(also, I am with james, the Raoul line-up-man is not a match with the #1 tramp)

Beckham was Thomas Beckham, aka Mark Evans. Beckham was a protege of Fred Lee Crisman. (Do a Google on Crisman!) He was also an aquaintence of Ray Broshears. Both Beckham and Broshears were "Reverends" in the Universal Life Church based in Modesto, Cal. I believe Crisman was a "Bishop." I'm not sure if this was self-titled or not. You too can become a "Reverend" in the ULC!

http://www.ulc.org/?destination=ordination&numina=850043948

From an interview Beckham gave to the HSCA:

Delsa: Okay. Now, to bring this down and put it on record. In our preliminary discussions before, later in your contact with the Organization, with Crisman, Crisman you found to be at these various Churches.

Beckham: Uhum, uhum.

Delsa: Now, you don't know this for a fact, but you spoke to us prior to this in a discussion, and told us who you believed set this system up in New Orleans. Will you tell us now, who do you think set this system up with the Church?

Beckham: Well, I think Fred Crisman, because the Organization is all over the country. I'd rather not go into it now because there are different connections of people and other things, but I think Fred Crisman is the whole, front of the whole thing because he's not just a, he has too many contacts, too many, you know, he tells me who to contact. As a matter of fact, one time I was, had received a telephone call from a priest, and which you very well know his name, and I pronounce, starts with a "B", y'know. You had a thing in your file. [Ray Broshears]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beckham: Right. Okay. I guess the best place to start is a meeting I had in Algiers, Louisiana...that's as soon as you get off the ferry boat. It's in Orlean Parish. This meeting was attended by myself, Sergio Arcacha, G. Wray Gill, a gentleman by the name of Marcello. If I'm not mistaken a picture I've seen of him was Vincent Marcello. Along with me was a gentleman, a little bitty guy, his name was O Lord, let's see, Morello, Charlie Morello, and Sergio Arcacha was there. Roswell Thompson and a lady by the name of Berglass, she was Anna. At this meeting there were Cubans present, other ones. We talked about, I say "we", they talked about the assassination of the President....We also had a meeting at a place called the Town and Country. That's a motel, vaguely as I can remember on the right hand side of the highway going out towards the airport. This meeting was attended by a Marcello, there was G. Wray Gill, and us there at the time. At that particular meeting, the Cuban issue was discussed, the President, his involvement and how, oh, different things, that, how the President refused to give air support, things like this was discussed. Also I delivered a package approximately, I'd say, two weeks to Dallas prior to the assassination of the President, to a Mr. Howard. I went into Mr. G. Wray Gill's office, I was told to go there by Mr. Ferrie, which I knew real well, and in his office shuffled up some documents which were drawings, that of a map, or plots and stuff. There were some pictures, pictures of buildings and cars and was regular pictures but they wasn't glossy. They were put inside of an envelope at which time G. Wray Gill handed me...it was either one hundred or two hundred dollars, and told me that I was to be, I was going to be taken to the airport. I was to deliver this package to a Mr. Howard at the Executive Inn. At this meeting was Roswell, was Jack Martin, David Ferris[sic] and a bunch of...Sergio Arcacha. Also at the meeting was your Mr. Marcello was at the meeting, setting at, they were setting on a couch. I remember the couch....My good friend Clay Shaw was also there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from an anonymous letter sent to Garrison during his investigation:

Mr. G;

Out on the coast is a man you should talk with. Trace this

information out. His name is Fred Lee Crisman, of Tacaoma, Wash.

He flys to New Orleans steadily. 1964 eleven times. 1965, 17

times. 1966 32 times, 1967 24 times. He is the first man Clay

called after being told he was in trouble and he is the first

man that Beckham called also. He was questioned by both the CIA

and FBI in 1966 but he is able to call Wash. and they laid off of

him in a hurry. He is very good friends with Cubans and specially

SA [sergio Arcacha] in Dallas (he goes there too) and J.R. [Jorge

Rodriguez] in N.O.

Mr. Crisman is a very odd man. He supplied money for certain

political campaigns and in return is very much protected by both

Lou. politicos and Wash. state people. He has a diplomatic

passport issued on the word of a senate chairman of a committee.

He seems to have no income and certainly spends a large sum of

money on air travel. He is friends with F. Gremillion of your

state. His private office has an unlisted number (206 Ma 7-4790)

and is the meeting place for many odd characters from Cubans

to political figures. Ask him to take a lie detector test and

then ask him where he put the $200,000 dollars delivered to him

by Beckham in August of '67. (Cuban Money) Money that is used to

recruit killers to be sent to Cuba to try for Castro ask him if

it is not true that he has sent 5 different men to S.A. in Dallas

for final briefing. Make Crisman talk and you will have the

answer to why there has been fighting among certain Cuban factions

over the money in certain buried places. You know this is true

because some special Cubans have dropped out of sight. (Dropped

in Torpedo Junction) Crisman is also a pilot. He is the man that

through Beckham and S.A. (Arcacha] paid off certain people is

it not odd that he was a friend of Clay's as well as Beckham.

Is it not strange that he knew Tippet! Just ask Crisman certain

questions under a lie detector and see what the answers are. He

is the one that advised Mark Evans [beckham's alias] to hide

out in Iowa and NOT to go to N.O. to make any statement about

money or anything. Have an investigator check out the amount of

long distance calls that Beckham (Evans) has made to Crisman in

the past year and the wild places Crisman calls. He is leaving

for Europe in Jan. Keep digging Jim, you have some odd fish

on the run.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have never heard of Jerry Hoy.

Apparently the name Hoy was well known around General Dynamics, where Gary Shaw reportedly showed around the tramp photo. According to the Torbitt Document, one of the men affiliated with Permindex (the firm whose corporate purpose according to Torbitt included assassinations of world leaders considered threats to the Western World and oil interests) was "Patrick Hoy of the controlling clique in General Dynamics" (p. 50). Torbitt lists Patrick Hoy and David Hoy among the "second layer of participants" in the assassination. (At the top, according to Torbitt, were Johnson, Hoover, Bloomfield, Nagy, De Menil, Prio, Jenkins, Hunt, Baker, Jones, McWillie, Von Braun, Cohn, Korth, Connally and Murchison.) (p. 54) Torbitt refers on p. 104 to the "Henry Crown, Patrick Hoy dominated General Dynamics."

It would be interesting to know what relation, if any, Jerry Hoy (Frenchy?) had to Patrick and David Hoy.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I've managed to source some background on Robert Emmett Johnson. Parents Raymond and Mary Johnson, two brothers Jack and Bill.

Merchant Marines in 1944, 1948/49 he was with the Marines in Tsingtao China, USMC Press Attache on the FDR during the Korean War, and from here it gets really spooky. Gerry Hemming has spoken a bit about what Johnson and Arturo Espaillat were up to during the early 1960's and then Johnson's involvement in the MLK assassination.

As far as the Kennedy assassination goes, I'm starting to believe Robert Emmett Johnson was a player. To what extent, maybe time will tell.

Robert Emmett Johnson below circa 1944.

James

Hi all,

I've managed to source some background on Robert Emmett Johnson. Parents Raymond and Mary Johnson, two brothers Jack and Bill.

Merchant Marines in 1944, 1948/49 he was with the Marines in Tsingtao China, USMC Press Attache on the FDR during the Korean War, and from here it gets really spooky. Gerry Hemming has spoken a bit about what Johnson and Arturo Espaillat were up to during the early 1960's and then Johnson's involvement in the MLK assassination.

As far as the Kennedy assassination goes, I'm starting to believe Robert Emmett Johnson was a player. To what extent, maybe time will tell.

Robert Emmett Johnson below circa 1944.

James

I am not sure if I am stating the obvious but in the upcoming "Farewell to Justice" book by Joan Mellen she asserts that Thomas Edward Beckham was involved in the JFK assassination plot as another designated "patsy" (In what context she did not elaborate); suffice to say all indications are he was a CIA trained patsy. He will be one of the most intruiging (new,old) characters, to emerge from 1963. Beckham also testified before the New Orleans parish grand jury in the Garrison case against Clay Shaw, according to Mellen he lied his head off about everything, she further implies that if he had told what he knew Garrison would have probably unmasked the conspiracy he was so desperately trying to unmask. Pre-ordered copies arrive appx. Nov. 1, 2005. Keep up the good work.