The Education Forum

Cord Meyer and the Assassination of JFK

Cord Meyer, Jr. is a very interesting guy.

A veteran who founded the World Federalist, who support the United Nations and a world government, Meyer was the husband of JFK's paramour Mary Pinchot Meyer, who he met through his Choat Academy schoolmate William Attwood.

Meyer was a CIA official who for a time was head of the International Organizations Division. As a New York neighbor of Priscilla Johnson, a World Federalist he may have recruited her for CIA ops.

Among those who were active with the World Federalists were Michael Paine's mother, Ruth Forbes Paine Young, who organized a World Federalists charity society ball in Philadelphia, and oh yea, Walter Conkite, who became a World Federalist spokesperson upon retirement from CBS.

Bill Kelly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Gillespie
Cord Meyer, Jr. is a very interesting guy.

A veteran who founded the World Federalist, who support the United Nations and a world government, Meyer was the husband of JFK's paramour Mary Pinchot Meyer, who he met through his Choat Academy schoolmate William Attwood.

Meyer was a CIA official who for a time was head of the International Organizations Division. As a New York neighbor of Priscilla Johnson, a World Federalist he may have recruited her for CIA ops.

Among those who were active with the World Federalists were Michael Paine's mother, Ruth Forbes Paine Young, who organized a World Federalists charity society ball in Philadelphia, and oh yea, Walter Conkite, who became a World Federalist spokesperson upon retirement from CBS.

Bill Kelly

Very Nice work, Bill. An interesting read is: "A Very Private Woman: The Life And Unsolved Murder Of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer" by Nina Burleigh. Like Dale Myers' "With Malice" on LHO/Tippit, it puts you at the murder scene, although most of the book concerns the very interesting perspective of the 'Cold War Women' of that time...recommended.

JG

Very Nice work, Bill. An interesting read is: "A Very Private Woman: The Life And Unsolved Murder Of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer" by Nina Burleigh. Like Dale Myers' "With Malice" on LHO/Tippit, it puts you at the murder scene, although most of the book concerns the very interesting perspective of the 'Cold War Women' of that time...recommended.

JG

Hi John, Burleigh's book looks interesting. MM's murder is one of a dozen or so unsolved cold case homicides related to the assassination that should be reviewed every few years, and if resolved, could help bring the JFK case to justice.

David Atlee Phillips makes note that he was surprised how many CIA intelligence officers are women. While MM was not an intelligence officer, she was a major player in the game. Other 'Cold War' women of interest are Mary Bancroft (see: Autobiography of a Spy), Priscilla Johnson (McMillan), Dorothy Hunt and Ed Wilson's wife.

I wouldn't compare anything to Dale Myers' "With Malice," as he might put you at the 10th and Patton Oak Cliff murder scene, he doesn't put Tippit's friend Carl Mather's Plymouth there, a significant and intentional ommission that discredits everything else he has done.

BK

Hello Mr. Kelly,

I highly value this post for its content. As well as as the AF1 communications data (re Collins Radio etc) pieces you did elsewhere.

In particular the bit below is clear,

"I wouldn't compare anything to Dale Myers' "With Malice," as he might put you at the 10th and Patton Oak Cliff murder scene, he doesn't put Tippit's friend Carl Mather's Plymouth there, a significant and intentional ommission that discredits everything else he has done. "

Hear, Hear, and well said.

Sometimes what is not said (or written) is more revealing that what is said (or written).

:)

Jim

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Good one, John.

He looks like Barry Bostwick.

James

John:

I doubt very much that Frank G. Wisner, Sr. was in any kind of shape to do any plotting in the JFK matter. While at the Naval Academy [Annapolis, MD] during 1958, I visited Frank at the Hospital? near Baltimore -- and he was definetly on his way out of reality shortly thereafter. My uncles [partners in CALSHIP during WWII with John McCone] had arranged for me to meet Frank early in my Marine Corps career.

During a 1975 visit with Vic Marchetti [at his home in Vienna, VA] I queried him as to Frank being the lead (and fatal) character in his first novel, "The Rope Dancer". The plot is centered on a DDP discovering that eith the DCI or the Deputy DCIA is a Soviet "Mole", and is ultimately "suicided".

Vic wouldn't comment on the story-behind-the-story at that time !!

I was in D.C. at that time [May 1975] to give testimony to the "Church Committ-ee"; visit with "Bud" Fensterswald & Andrew St. George; and give warning to Lou Conein that the "Quantum/WerBell Op" was about to be blown.

Gerry Patrick Hermming

It is too bad that I was not aware that Gerry Hemming was posting actively here a few years ago. It would have been interesting to say the least. When I suggested to Noel Twyman that he should quiz Hemming constantly and intently about Robert Morris, as if Noel had some special inside information about Morris' major planning role in the JFK hit, Hemming finally responded positively and was ready to blow the whole story about Robert Morris and company and their roles in the JFK plot. Twyman asked him to sleep on it before he started to spill the beans on Morris who was still alive at the time. The next morning Hemming had second thoughts and declined to not pursue that topic for fear of retaliation against his family. Probably a very wise choice.

I was also interested in Hemming's comment that Frank Wisner was in no shape whatsoever to take part in the JFK plot proceedings because of his constant hospitalizations and deepening depression. Now how many people have gone on record implicating this guy for decades based on some flimsy evidence or guilt by association? And how many of them would try to claim a better level of insight into Wisner than even Hemming had attained? And trying to state that Hemming was a constant prevaricator and xxxx is not an excuse either.

Cross Wisner off your list and move on to Robert Morris, Charles Willoughby, Douglas MacArthur and Edwin Walker now. The profile of JFK's killers should include paranoid, schizophrenic rabid anti-Communists who had either been sacked, fired, stripped of rank and prestige, destroyed or otherwise compromised by either Truman, Rusk, Acheson or JFK.

Sure Wisner worked with the MK/ULTRA crowd as did Admiral Farragut, Clendenin J. Ryan and George de Mohrenschildt and all of them committed suicide. Does this mean they were "suicided" or does it mean that all of them eventually were driven to deeper depressions after watching what MK/ULTRA candidates did when set loose on the outside world by unscrupulous and money hungry mercenaries? I think that George, who was called "Uncle George" by a very young Jackie Bouvier Kennedy, was so depressed by how he contributed to the death of her husband via his associates like Anastase Vonsiatsky, George's boss, and Yaroslaw Stetsko, Raikin's boss, that it eventually got to him.

• 3 years later...
Guest Tom Scully
(1) Do you believe Timothy Leary's account of his relationship with Mary Meyer?

Up to a point, yes. I think he knew her and possibly did drugs with her or shared his drugs with her or talked to her about them. LSD was a very trendy drug with the artsy edgy people then. My problem is that he had no corroborating evidence - not a single eyewitness, not a hotel bill, no contemporaneous notes, to back up his claims. Given his lifetime drug use, I felt I needed that to be certain of his memories. .....

.......Absolute utter hogwash. Cord Meyer was apparently enraged at my well-researched book, and I cannot believe he would sit down with Heymann, no matter how near death.

At the end of his life, Cord had a very disfigured visage from mouth and jaw cancer - you would think Heymann would have mentioned that fact if he had seen him in the flesh.

http://www.nytimes.c...gh-private.html

CHAPTER ONE

A Very Private Woman

The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer

By NINA BURLEIGH

MURDER IN

GEORGETOWN

One man sobbed unconsolably throughout the ceremony. Cord Meyer was a wounded World War II hero now overseeing a network of CIA front groups, and until that day many in Georgetown had not realized how much he still loved the woman who had divorced him seven years before. Meyer was a tall man whose boyish handsomeness had hardened into a gray statue of itself. The glass eye that replaced the one destroyed by shrapnel from a Japanese grenade stared always straight ahead. He was a man who had started life with a map, and only in middle age had he begun to realize that the map didn't fit the terrain. Instead of the life of public service and acclaim he had envisioned for himself, he was buried deep in the secret bureaucracy of the CIA, his service to his country forever classified. Throughout the early 1960s, including in newspaper articles about his ex-wife's murder, when Cord Meyer was mentioned he was always referred to simply as a "government employee." Within a month of her death he left on a trip abroad, identifying himself on his passport application as a "writer" on a "pleasure" trip. There was some truth to the cover. Cord Meyer considered himself a writer whose novels were forever delayed by the demands of his government job. ....

I am truly weary of the hype and inaccurate embellishment. I guess New York newspapers were not available in DC in October, 1964? Who edits these books and articles?

Woman Painter Shot and Killed On Canal Towpath in Capital;...

New York Times - Oct 14, 1964

The victim was the divorced wife of CordIeyer Jr., a writer and founder of the United World Federalists, now era: ployed here by the Central Inteiligence ...

Repeated often enough, it filters through everywhere, and is accepted as fact...meanwhile, on the JFK Debate forum, we observe thread after thread of infotainment, heavily viewed, Seinfeld show like plots of, oh, I think I see this unidentified person, blob, etc., holding, passing, what I imagine is.... fill in the blank. Almost fifty years and this is the state of affairs, on a forum that still enjoys a fair reputation for having a higher level of discourse, but for how much longer? Can we set up a distinct area for image and animated gif presentations and responses? The devil is in the details, and the nine open slots on the front page of JFK Debate should not be filled with attention getting nonsense about blobs holding babies and the secretive handing off of objects that no one will ever convincingly identify, into the hands of faceless, unidentifiable forms in images.

http://en.wikipedia....y_Pinchot_Meyer

Mary Pinchot Meyer

.....No gun was ever found and Crump was never linked to any gun of the type used to murder Mary Pinchot Meyer. Newspaper reports described her former husband only as either an author or government official and did not mention Kennedy, although many journalists apparently were aware of Meyer's past marriage to a high ranking CIA official and her friendship with Kennedy. When Crump came to trial, judge Howard Corcoran ruled Mary Pinchot Meyer's private life could not be disclosed in the courtroom. Corcoran had recently been appointed by President Lyndon Johnson. Pinchot Meyer’s background was also kept from Dovey Johnson Roundtree, Crump's lawyer, who later recalled she could find out almost nothing about the murder victim: "It was as if she existed only on the towpath on the day she was murdered.".......

Georgetown Artist Killed In Robbery .

Eugene Register-Guard - Oct 13, 1964

He was a close 'friend of the President. A native of New York City and a ... er wife of Cord Meyer a writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency. ...

Friend .Of Jacki, Of Jackie .‎ Miami News

Oct. 13, 1964

.....former wife of Cord Meyer a writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency.

Edited by Tom Scully

Cord Meyer's book is probably something of an anachronism after all these years. It is a lot like other books written by former intelligence officers, in that anything to do with the Kennedy Assassination just follows the script, with at best a this is what I was doing that day, type of thing. No mention of how I felt regarding 'extra-marital activities, and so forth.

Definitely no smoking guns.....I don't want to brag but.....[lol] my collection of memoirs of key people isn't shabby at all. The view from my perspective is they all follow the script, Oswald did it, we were looking for a conspiracy, but all we found were possibilities the Russian's, Cuban's, Mafia....ad infinitum were behind it.....later to be repeated by the HSCA and Blakey. LBJ, of course, is the ultimate qui bono, but it was mainly E Howard Hunt's American Spy that gave that momentum....Obviously I am speaking only of governmental in the context of key Kennedy Administration persons.

It might shock some to know that in all the memoirs of key government or high ranking intelligence people, that I've read, the most damning was I believe Arthur Schlesinger Jr's' description of Adlai Stevenson's reaction to JFK 's death, it seemed to borderline on scandalous as far as AS Jr. was concerned. And it is pretty obvious, at least to me Adlai Stevenson was not a conspirator.

I suppose that is the point I am trying to make, these guys do not p _ _ _ off their constituents.

About the only high ranking intel agent that did that was when Dave Phillips wrote the Night Watch, there are some commentaries in some documents about how he revealed more details about black ops than he really needed to....

Edited by Robert Howard

The most disappointing item about the book in retrospect might be in regards to the topic of a

section in John Newman's - Oswald and The CIA pages 61-67 entitled The Case of the Two Priscillas,

which was also the subject of a recent post by Tom Scully concerning discrepancies regarding Priscilla McMillan Johnson in regards to her file, more or less two Priscilla McMillan's?

Newman explains that F. Trubee Davidson and Cord Meyer were speculated by Ms. McMillan as "waiting for me to grow up, so they could recruit me...[for CIA.]

In Meyer's tome, there is nary a word about Priscilla McMillan Johnson.

For more see John Newman - Oswald and The CIA pages 61-67 entitled The Case of the Two Priscillas and

the post by Tom Scully

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

Priscilla Johnson was an attendant in Robert Macatee's daughter's, Jane's wedding to Alan Davidson :

http://educationforu...=15#entry255641

The coincidences opened by following this information were that Jane Macatee's aunt was Mrs. Leroy Wagstaff,

the mother of Jinx Faulkenberg. Jinx was married to Tex McCrary, tapped Skull and Bones in May, 1931.

The Skull and Bones members of Lewis A. Lapham's Yale class were the group who tapped McCrary and Stewart Iglehart.

(Do not confuse any of the Laphams mentioned in this post, grandfather Roger, father Lewis A., nd son Anthony A. Lapham, with the unrelated Lewis J. Lapham, of CIA in Viet Nam history.)

Eleven years before Tex McCrary married Jinx, he had married Sarah Brisbane, and his attendants were his Skull & Bones brothers:

Married To .John .Reagan Mccrary Jr. In Colorful Ceremony...

‎Rochester Evening Journal - May 25, 1935

... Arthur Brisbane, yesterday after noon became the bride of John Geagan mccrary of ... Stewart Birrell Iglehart of Old Westbury, Colman Curtiss Jr. of Buffalo; Boyd Jones.

Lapham's father was Roger, mayor of San Francisco, 1944 tp 1948, host to the United Nations Conferences in which

Cord Meyer and his World Federalists participated. Priscilla Johnson was active in the World Federalists.:

http://ajweberman.co...ED DEFECTOR.htm

NODULE X5

......Cord Meyer covered the founding of the United Nations for The Atlantic Monthly. He commented during a telephone interview, "I was Harold Stassen's assistant at the U.N. conference." He became interested in the World Federalist League. In 1951 Allen Dulles hired Cord Meyer and he joined the Office of Policy Coordination. Cord Meyer commented, "I joined the CIA in 1951. There's no such things as the Office of Policy Coordination separate."....

PRISCILLA JOHNSON AND CORD MEYER

On November 16, 1959, OSWALD was interviewed by Priscilla Johnson [201-102798; OS 71 589]. Priscilla Johnson was born on July 19, 1928, in Glen Cove, Long Island, the daughter of a wealthy cotton textile broker. Her ancestry traced back to the Pilgrims. Priscilla Johnson attended Bryn Mawr College from 1946 to 1950. At Bryn Mawr College she became affiliated with the World Federalist Organization, whose President in 1948 was Cord Meyer. According to Edward Petty: "He's a person I considered to be of interest in a certain way, simply because I know so little about him. Cord Meyer is a strange guy to be in the Agency to begin with and then, beyond that, he had a special friendship with ANGLETON." Priscilla Johnson, interviewed in December 1993, commented, "I know him, yes. When I first saw him it was at a New Hampshire World Federalist Organization conference in 1946. He was one of its leading lights. By 1947 he said, 'Either there would be a world government by such and such a year or else...' The 'or else' was that he went to CIA." In 1960 ANGLETON was friendly with Cord Meyer and many of the women Cord Meyer dated came to know him. [Hersh, NYT 6.25.78] Priscilla Johnson became President of her World Federalist Organization chapter at college, as well as a member of the Pennsylvania State chapter. Priscilla Johnson told this researcher: "How did you get all this?" In 1947 she spent the summer months working with the World Federalist Organization in New York City. A Passport Division check disclosed that Priscilla Johnson traveled to England, France and Luxembourg to attend a convention at Luxembourg as International Chairman of the United World Federalists. Priscilla Johnson told this researcher: "I was never chairman." CIA traces on Priscilla Johnson first appeared on an index card titled, "Joint Press Reading Service - Moscow" and read "Memo Notebook, State, USSR, Moscow D# March 1, 1951, CIA #580822." ....

Tex McCrary's brother, Douglas, married Stewart Iglehart's sister. At Yale, Douglas had refused to be tapped by Scroll & Key.

The Iglehart's father was :

WENDY IGLEHART ENGAGED TO WED; Daughter of-President of ...

‎New York Times - Mar 6, 1943

Bride-Elect of Lt. Douglas McCrary, USNR SHE STUDIED AT FOXCROFT Sister of ... School -- Fiance Alumnus of Yale, 1937 D. Stewart Iglehart of WestBury., LI, and Delray ... Their father is president of W: R. GraCe Co. and the Grace Line.

DS IGLEHART DIES; HEADED GRACE LINE; Retired Friday After...

‎New York Times - May 15, 1946

OLD WESTBURY, LI, May 14 -D. Stewart Iglehart, former president of the Grace Line and WR Grace Co., ... Flags on Grace ships all over the world will be flown at halfmast and the Grace offices in ... Douglas A. McCrary; two brothers, the Rev.

1. American-Hawaiian Line Reports $321,788 Net

Christian Science Monitor - Mar 31, 1937
    ... the American-Hawaiian Steamship Co., oldest and largest of the intercoastal ... profit for 1936 of $321788 after depreciation, according to Roger D. Lapham, ...

2. Oldest Line in Intercoastal Shipping Suspends Service After...

New York Times - Feb 28, 1953
    The American-Hawaiian Steamship Company, the oldest operator in the intercoastal steamship business and one of the senior lines of the American merchant ...

3. SEES PANAMA CANAL PAYING FOR ITSELF; RD Lapham Says ...

New York Times - Nov 11, 1928
    Roger D. Lapham, President of the _-Hawaiian Steamship Company, one of the oldest firms in the coast to-coast carrier trade, ... amounting to more +.,han $5400000, the -Hawaiian Line having returned at that time to the intercoastal trade.

Shipping News and Notes; LA Lapham to Be Grace Line...

‎New York Times - Aug 3, 1953

Lewis A. Lapham will take up his duties with the Grace Line today in the newly created position of executive vice president and also as a director. He resigned on Feb. 25 as president of the AmericanHawaiian Steamship Company,

Grace Line Signs on Two Top Co-Pilots, Mallory and Lapham...

‎New York Times - Jun 3, 1955

Cassius C. Mallory has been elected chairman of the board of directors and Lewis A. Lapham president of the Grace Line. Mr. Mallory succeeds J. Peter Grace ...

Head of Shipping Line On WR Grace Board

New York Times - Nov 7, 1955Blackstone Lewis A. Lapham Lewis A. Lapham, who became president of Grace Line, Inc., last June, has been elected a director of WR Grace Co., the parent .

TRANSPORT NEWS: LAPHAM ELECTED; President of Grace Line ...

New York Times - Jun 20, 1958

Lewis A. Lapham, president of the Grace Line, has been elected to a one-year term as chairman of the Committee of American Steamship Lines. The election ...

Lewis A. Lapham, 86, Executive In Shipping and Banking...

‎New York Times - Dec 22, 1995

By LEONARD SLOANE Lewis A. Lapham, who held senior management posts in both the shipping and the banking industries, died on Wednesday at his home in

(quote name='William Kelly' date='03 April 2009 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1238715042' post='165042')

....Moldea's investigation into NFL gambling even led to gruesome autopsy photos of Rosenbloom being published and broadcast on TV, while Russo alleges a golfing connection between old man Joe Kennedy, President Kennedy and Mike McLaney, their Palm Beach neighbor.

If you read all the quotes below, you eventually get to Bert Bell, Jr., for whom the NFL Bert Bell Award is named, and a Philadelphia football personage, whose son, Bert Bell III, took the photo that is my avatar on the Education Forum. ....

(/quote)

Bell's nephew, George D. Bell, was close to GHW Bush, along with Fitzgerald Bemis(s), and James C Wheat, Jr. While personally providing just 2 percent of the $50 million start up capital, with the balance raised in 1973 through Wheat's, "Wheat First", Bush's roommate, Robert C. Macauley, a man who, in 1973 had no past, except for traveling, drinking and playing piano, created Virginia Fibre / Macauley & Co., and quickly sold a 50 percent interest to Greif Bros. and it's chairman, John C. Dempsey, and was appointed a director of WR Grace, because he met the Chairman of Grace in a Miami bar while playing Piano. Macauley founded Americare and became a multi-millionaire long before his death at age 87, last December.

http://www.vahistori...bemissser1.htm.

FitzGerald Bemiss Papers, 1943-1997

Collection Number Mss1 B4252 c 1-500

Series 1. Correspondence, n.d., 1943-1997, with or about George H. W. Bush

...G. Bush to F. Bemiss, brief note concerning Kipling’s If; also mentioning James C. Wheat and George Bell [likely Philadelphia investment banker and fellow Yale alumni George deBenneville Bell, Sr., who died in June 1992] (copy)....

http://articles.phil...tment-firm-yale

George Debenneville Bell, 68, Chairman Of Investment Firm

June 15, 1992|By Kimberly J. McLarin, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

George deBenneville Bell, 68, chairman of the investment firm Janney Montgomery Scott Inc., died Saturday at his home in Gladwyne.

Publisher Walter Annenberg, who knew Mr. Bell for many years, called him a wonderful father, husband and private citizen.

"George was an oustanding citizen," Annenberg said. "He was always concerned about other people. He had a record of serving other people in various causes and in the organizations in which he was an active participant."

Mr. Bell, who was raised in Wynnewood, was a member of a prominent Philadelphia family. His father, John C. Bell Jr., was a governor of Pennsylvania and a former chief justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Mr. Bell's uncle, deBenneville (Bert) Bell, was the first commissioner of the National Football League.

Mr. Bell attended Episcopal Academy and graduated from St. George's School in 1942. He graduated from Yale in the Class of 1945W, which designates that he served in the military and returned to Yale to complete his bachelor of arts degree.

He was a lieutenant, serving in the Air Force from 1943 to 1945, and was a pilot in the training command.

Mr. Bell spent 24 years on Wall Street, rising to partner at Drexel & Co. for 10 years, then partner at Dillon, Read & Co., from 1971 to 1973.

He joined Janney Montgomery Scott Inc. in 1974 as senior vice president and director. In 1978 he became executive vice president and in 1982 was named co- chairman of the board of directors. He was named chairman of the board of directors in 1991.

He was a former governor of the Investment Bankers' Association and the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. He was a governor of the American Stock Exchange at the time of his death.

Mr. Bell was active in several other professional associations, including serving as chairman of the Eastern Pennsylvania Group (IBA), a governor of the Association of Stock Exchange firms, a governor of the Bond Club of New York and a governor of the Bond Club of Philadelphia. He was a board member and a vice chairman of the Philadelphia-Washington-Baltimore Stock Exchange.

Mr. Bell was active in many community and social organizations. He was a board member of Lankenau Hospital, the Fox Chase Cancer Center, the Main Line Board of Health and the Sanford Foundation, among others.

He was active in a variety of athletic clubs and was past president of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia.

An avid sportsman, he won five father and son court tennis doubles national championships.

He was a member of the Gulph Mills Golf Club, Pine Valley Golf Club and Merion Cricket Club and was a member of the U.S. Seniors Golf Association.

Mr. Bell is survived by his wife of 39 years, Roberta McVey Bell; a daughter, Sophie B. Ayres; sons, George deB. Jr. and James T.; his mother, Mrs. John C. Jr.; two sisters, and two grandchildren....

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=1

George deBenneville Bell, chairman of a Philadelphia investment banking firm, died Saturday at his home in Gladwyne, Pa. He was 68 years old.

Mr. Bell died of cancer, his family said.

Mr. Bell was chairman of Janney Montgomery Scott, where he had worked for the last 19 years.

Before that he was an investment banker on Wall Street. He had worked for 21 years at Drexel and Company, where he rose to partner and senior vice president, and three years at Dillon, Read & Company, where he was a partner and vice president.

He served on the boards of 10 companies. He was also a governor of the American Stock Exchange and former governor of the Investment Bankers Association and Philadelphia Stock Exchange and an officer of other professional organizations.

Born in Philadelphia, Mr. Bell grew up in Wynnewood, Pa. He served as a first lieutenant in the training command of the United States Army Air Corps in World War II. After the war he graduated from Yale University and attended the University of Pennsylvania law school.

He was a past president of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia and five times won father-and-son national championships in the United States Court Tennis Association.

Surviving are his mother, Sarah of Bryn Mawr, Pa.; his wife of 39 years, the former Roberta McVey; two sons, George Bell Jr. of Glen Cove, L.I., and James T. Bell of Manhattan; a daughter, Sophie Ayres of Laurel Hollow, L.I.; two sisters,...

http://www.businessw...14/b3675029.htm

George Bell: The Year of Living Painfully

Excite@Home has lost value and alienated its partners. CEO George Bell is facing the greatest adventure of his life

BUSINESSWEEK ONLINE : APRIL 3, 2000 ISSUE

...Leave it to Bell to strike a savvy political compromise. George deBenneville Bell Jr. grew up in a distinguished Philadelphia family with a long line of prominent politicians, lawyers, and financiers. His grandfather was governor of Pennsylvania, albeit briefly, and served as chief justice of the state Supreme Court for 11 years. His great-grandfather was district attorney in Philadelphia from 1903 to 1907 and Pennsylvania's attorney general from 1911 to 1915. George's father, George Sr., became co-chairman of investment bank Janney Montgomery Scott Inc. and became close friends with former President George Bush while the two of them were at Yale University.

Growing up among CEOs, chief justices, and presidents, George Jr. clearly faced great expectations. Even going to Harvard University wasn't considered that impressive in his family. ''The worst thing I did was go to Harvard,'' he says. Not that it wasn't a good school, it's just that his father went to Yale and his grandfather went to the University of Pennsylvania. Bell, however, didn't feel any pressure to follow his father into finance. That's because his older sister, Sophie Ayers, excelled in the field. She joined First Boston, now Credit Suisse First Boston, in 1977, when there were few women on Wall Street. She is now a managing partner at Russell Reynolds, recruiting top finance executives. ''In many ways, she was the first-born son,'' says Bell. ''She cleared the way so I could go my own way.''

Early on, Bell explored career options far from finance and politics. At Harvard, he studied English, and wanted to be a writer. He had several fiction and nonfiction pieces published, including a fictionalized story about Robert Louis Stevenson's life in Western Samoa. ''It was very well done,'' says David McKean, Bell's roommate in college and now chief-of-staff for Senator John F. Kerrey (D.-Mass.)....

http://www.people.co...0120409,00.html

May 29, 1989 Vol. 31 No. 21

With An Entrepreneur's Energy, Americares' Bob Macauley Brings Help to the World's Needy

By Kim Hubbard, Toby Kahn

....Macauley's sense of solidarity with those less fortunate took root when he was a child. His father, Milton, was a well-to-do Greenwich, Conn., paper broker; his mother, Ella, a housewife heavily involved in an overseas foster-parents program. Bob and his two sisters were instructed to send their old clothes and part of their allowances to foster siblings in Poland and Latvia. "My mother was a crusader," Macauley says. "I was always socially conscious."

He did not, however, always act that way. At 17, Macauley dropped out of Andover, joined the Air Force and entered what his wife, Leila, now 67, refers to as his "self-interest phase." He drifted to Miami after flying cargo planes in World War II, drank to excess and made a living playing the piano in beer joints. He sobered up long enough to attend Yale, where he earned a B.A. in international relations, but after graduation he resumed his hedonistic life-style. "The only thing I knew how to do was play the piano, so I went to Europe and played golf and tennis all day and the piano at night."

It was during Macauley's carefree period that he first met Leila Lindgren, a young teacher and war widow with an infant son. Macauley asked for her hand the night they met. Smitten herself but wary of Bob's hard-living ways, Leila declined—for the moment. "He was very impetuous and not very stable," she says. The two kept in touch, however. Leila remarried and had a daughter, Mindy (now 27 and a lawyer); Bob stopped drifting and built a lucrative career as a salesman for a New York paper company. He finally quit drinking in 1964 ("I wasn't an alcoholic, but close," he says), and in 1965 Leila, twice widowed, finally accepted his 20-year-old proposal.

Family life, Macauley says, steadied him and also helped him focus the vague charitable urges he had retained from childhood. In 1969 Macauley "really got into the philanthropic world," as he puts it. After reading a newspaper about the plight of Vietnam war orphans, he took the $5,000 he had earmarked for a new car and, after a unanimous family vote, sent it to the orphans instead. Soon he was persuading his friends to help out, and the Shoeshine Foundation (named after the orphans' method of earning pocket money) was established to shelter war orphans.

Macauley's professional ambitions escalated after his marriage as well. In 1973, on the strength of his expertise in the paper business, he managed to borrow $50 million and established the Virginia Fibre Company in Amherst, Va. The company flourished, and by the time Macauley dreamed up AmeriCares in 1982, he was in a position to pledge roughly 10 percent of the privately held company's pretax income to charity work. To this day, Macauley's company is the foundation's primary donor. Last year, Virginia Fibre kicked in $2.4 million.

Macauley's first AmeriCares mission came about by accident—or perhaps by divine intervention. In 1981 Pope John Paul II heard about Macauley's fund-raising efforts for Covenant House, a shelter for runaways in New York City. He summoned Macauley to a private meeting and asked for help getting medical supplies to Poland, which was then under martial law. "I was in awe of him," Macauley says. "So I said, 'Certainly, Your Holiness.' What else could I say—'No, Pope?' " ....

Tex McCrary's niece, the daughter of Douglas McCrary and Stewart Igelhart's sister, Wendy, married

CIA agent Henry Reynolds Breck in 1973. :

GRACE BRISTED RRIDE OF CHARLES D. JACKSON; Wedding of ...

New York Times - Sep 13, 1931

... Alan Jackson of New York, was best man, and Baron Leopold Buffin of Brussels, Henry Gassaway Davis 3d, George K. Livermore, Henry C. Breck, Ronald M.... (Henry C. Breck was the father of Henry R. breck)

Miss Wendy McCrary Fiancee of Henry Breck

New York Times - Nov 19, 1972

20 to Henry Reynolds Breck, a partner in Lehman Brothers, investment bankers here. ... Mr. Breck is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry C. Breck of New York. His faer ...

(quote name='Tom Scully' timestamp='1340528144' post='255641')

Henry R. Breck Weds Miss McCrary

‎New York Times - Jan 21, 1973

Henry R. Breck Weds Miss SMcCrary Miss Wendy Iglehart McCrary was married in St. James' Episcopal Church here yesterday afternoon to Henry Reynolds ...

PriscillaJohnsonDouglasMcCraryIglehartBreckLapham.jpg

Other coincidences are that in 1964, Anthony A. Lapham married Burk Bingham, cousin of Jock Whitney. Henry R. Breck was not a member of Lapham's wedding party; not unusual since Breck and Lapham had not attended prep school (Groton v. Phillips Andover) college (Harvard v. Yale) or law school together (Oxford v. Georgetown).

However, by 1973, as you can read in the article image of the wedding of Douglas A. McCrary's daughter Wendy and Henry R. Breck, Breck had become so close to Lapham that Breck is the godfather of Lapham's son, Nicholas, and Anthony Lapham is Breck's best man.

The two men did not serve in the same branch of the military and the CIA's descriptions of their careers do not overlap, up to 1973, in any way.

(/quote)

[/quote)

Doug Valentine developed information that contrary to official declarations, Anthony A. Lapham was a CIA agent before Bush appointed him as CIA Counsel.

We also know now that Priscilla Johnson's CIA case officer from 1964 on, Lew Garry Coit, happened to be the M.I.T. Sigma Chi frat house mate of Bush's close friend, Thomas J. Devine.

In 1964, Anthony A. Lapham married Burks Bingham, the first cousin of Jock Whitney. Henry R. Breck was not part of the wedding party. Nicholas Lapham, the godson of Henry Breck, just happens to work for the CIA linked WWF.

The other curiousities here are that Tex and Jinx McCrary were so close to Jock Whitney that they leased a bungalow on Whitney's Long Island estate, quited close to Priscilla Johnson's home in Glen Head, and although Tex and Jinx split up by 1960, Jinx lived on the Whitney estate until Whitney's wife died in 1992 and Jinx was evicted by the Whitney heirs.

Priscilla Johnson's friend Jane Macatee Davidson and her husband Alan ended up serving as British Ambassador to Laos and wife, during the exact same two year period that Charles Whitehouse was US Ambassador in Laos, 1973 to 1975.

(quote) http://educationforu...57

(quote name='Tom Scully' date='05 July 2011 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1309894588' post='230017']

(quote name='John Simkin' date='14 July 2005 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1121351884' post='33252']

It is my view that Tracy Barnes had nothing to do with the assassination of JFK. Does anyone disagree with me?

Tracy Barnes, like many senior members of the CIA, was a member of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) during the war. Barnes was sent to London where he served under David Bruce, the head of SOS operations in England. While in London he spent time with his old friend Paul Nitze. ....(/quote)

IMO, this is a rich vein needing to be mined.....

Arthur A Houghton, Jr. donated his Maryland shore estate to the Aspen Institute, which was closely associated with Paul Nitze. One of Aspen's missions seems to be to promote the reputation of Henry Crown. Houghton was caught up in this.:

http://www.google.co...biw=811&bih=493

Foundations Linked to CIA Are Found to Subsidize 4 Other...

- New York Times - Feb 16, 1967

Mr. Houghton asserted that, the foundation had "never placed conditions on ... Mr. Helmuth, a member of the prestigious Boston law firm of Hale Dorr, has, ...

CIA and the National Student Association

http://www.cia-on-ca...rg/nsa/nsa.html

Paul F. Hellmuth, a well-known Boston attorney and a member of Hale and Dorr, and David B. Stone, a Boston businessman and philanthropist, are the trustees .

(More on David B. Stone and his brother, Robert near the bottom of this post.)

OSS against the Reich: the World War II diaries of Colonel David ... - Page 225

books.google.comDavid Kirkpatrick Este Bruce, Nelson D. Lankford - 1991 - 257 pages - Preview

19o3), appointed chief of OSS Special Operations branch in London in late 1944; Russell Grace D'Oench (19o1-1959), grandson of the founder of WR Grace & Co., assisted Bruce's Secret Intelligence chief, Dr. William Maddox. 19.

The son of Russell Grace D'Oensch married the Ellen Gates D'Oench, stepdaughter of Arthur A Houghton, Jr.

http://articles.cour...-form-mortgages

Puffin' D'oench Made Enthusiasm An Art Form

EXTRAORDINARY LIFE

August 09, 2009|By ANNE HAMILTON; Special to The Courant

Ellen Gates D'Oench's universe extended from Park Avenue society to the edgiest of avant-garde artists, from Jackie O to the family next door......

http://www.middletow...68701661544.txt

Ellen Gates D'Oench - The Middletown Press : Serving...

Middletown Press - May 24, 2009

...is also survived by siblings Peter Gates Arthur A Houghton III Ada G Patton and Jonathan Gate

Robert Conover Macauley died last December.:

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=234596

(quote]http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

A Thousand Points of Blight (January 8, 1991)

THE VILLAGE VOICE

...Greif is distinguished in part by its meshing of religion with business. Every year the back cover of its annual report features a photo of a conference table with a portrait of Jesus centered above it. The caption: "Beneath this portrait and at this conference table for the past 42 years have been made the major decisions of the corporation."

In addition to Greif, AmeriCares's most devout supporters include the Reverend Pat Robertson, the fundamentalist former presidential candidate. Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network runs Operation Blessing, which distributes tens of millions each year to relief groups, including AmeriCares and the Knights of Malta. Robertson has sometimes been AmeriCares single largest contributor, especially during the years in backed the contras. (There's another odd wrinkle to the tale: Robertson was also once employed by Peter Grace's company in Latin America. Grace and Robertson later served together on various political committees, including the one that planned the April 15, 1985, Nicaragua Refugee Fund dinner at which President Reagan began a new campaign to restore official funding to the contras.)

Although AmeriCares is Robert Macauley, nobody better illustrates its ideology than advisory committee chairman Peter Grace, whose $7 billion-dollar conglomerate is involved in chemical production, cocoa processing, oil and gas exploration, and other businesses in 44 countries. He's also the president of the Knights of Malta in the U.S.

Grace has packed his company's board with people involved in various ways with rightist political activity. (At least eight Grace directors have been Knights of Malta.) In addition to Macauley, the Grace board is stocked with the likes of Roger Milliken, chairman of Milliken & Company and a large contributor to right-wing groups (including the John Birch Society and Western Goals, a private intelligence-gathering agency that kept data on U.S. activists and supplied it to police departments, which are barred from keeping such files; the group honored Salvadoran death squad leader Roberto D'Aubuisson at a 1984 dinner)....

The Cast of Characters

Roberto Alejos Arzu: On the heels of an easy life on his plantations and a career full of paramilitary affiliations (troops trained for the Bay of Pigs invasion on his land), he became interested in helping the poor through Covenant House, AmeriCares, and the Knights of Malta.

George Bush (and family): His childhood chum Macauley is one of his brightest points of light, and George and the rest of the Bush clan back him to the hilt. The president's children and even George's personal physician, Burton J. Lee III, escort AmeriCares shipments into recipient countries. But AmeriCares is no kinder or gentler than might be expected from a charity founded by a close associate of an ex-CIA director.

Zbigniew Brzezinski: AmeriCares's honorary chairman certainly knows his way around the world. As national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter, he oversaw an extensive covert operation against the Soviets in Afghanistan. In 1984, AmeriCares evacuated wounded mujahideen soldiers from Afghanistan and transported them for care to Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, D.C.

Jeremiah Denton: A Knight of Malta and former Republican senator from Alabama, Denton gave AmeriCares a boost when he sponsored a bill allowing the United States Air Force to use its "surplus capacity" to ship goods for groups like AmeriCares-although other charities say no such help is available to them.

"Amazing" J. Peter Grace: With a direct line to the Vatican and history of playing Latin America like a board game (he has been associated with CIA-assisted coups and is known for his desire to derail progressive labor movements around the world), Grace loved groups like Covenant House, the Knights of Malta, and AmeriCares.

The Knights of Langley: The Knights of Malta, which use AmeriCares to further their international goals, has more spooks than a Halloween party. Among them: former CIA deputy director James Jesus Angleton and former CIA directors John McCone and the late William Casey.

"Saint" Robert Macauley: He grew with George Bush, then met Peter Grace in a postwar Parisian saloon, but it was not until the early '80s that he got his own piece of the power scene. He funded Mother Teresa's efforts, then, through AmeriCares and with the help of the press became a "saint" himself.

Ollie North: It just wouldn't be intrigue without the colonel, who through AmeriCares shipped $350,000 worth of medicine to the contras so the contras could better use their cash-on arms. A 1985 memo to North that mentions Macauley by last name suggests just how tight the connections were.

The Reverend Sun Myung Moon: At the request of North and AmeriCares's William Simon, Moon paid for that contra shipment through the Nicaraguan Freedom Fund.

Ronald Reagan: In 1984, Reagan gave AmeriCares the presidential Voluntary Action Award; four years later, the Knights of Malta gave him its Grand Cross of Merit, Special Class-the highest honor the group gives a non-Knight. Reagan was awarded, in part, for his "devotion to Christian principles."

Father Bruce Ritter: Letting Macauley into his humble charity may have been his first misstep. Then came Grace and Simon, expansion and fame, and finally, ignominy.

Pat Robertson: Out of law school, he worked for Peter Grace in Latin America. Then he found his calling and became the world's number one fundamentalist television preacher. But religious differences didn't stand in the way of alliances with Catholics with shared agendas-including Peter Grace and the Knights of Malta.

William Simon: A king of mergers and acquisitions, he collected corporations while building a comparable empire of private, political organizations dedicated to fostering the corporate political agenda. He advocated supporting "nonegalitarian" scholars; he loved the AmeriCares brand of charity.

Retired General Richard Stilwell: An architect of counterinsurgency tactics in the Philippines and Vietnam, he was delighted to see them further refined in Latin America. AmeriCares was one of the vehicles that has helped insure that old soldiers need not fade away.

Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner

A Blueprint for AmeriCares?

In spite of the direct participation of Bush family members in AmeriCares, the White House sometimes winkingly denies involvement. William Simon told the Washington Post he talked with then White House communications director Patrick J. Buchanan about NFF/AmeriCares 1985 shipments to the contras, and that Buchanan said "they appreciated our efforts and thought what we were doing was very constructive." But according to Buchanan, his comment did not reflect official administration position on the Nicaraguan fund. "I haven't talked to anybody about it," he told the Post. "Bill Simon is an old friend, and I just picked up the phone to say congratulations."

Buchanan had an early interest in right-wing "charities" like AmeriCares. Back in 1970, he authored the following lengthy memo at Richard Nixon's request, laying out the notion of conservative "philanthropic" groups that might derail nonprofit groups perceived as "leftist":

March 3, 1970

The President directed several of us to give thought to how to combat the institutionalized power of the left concentrated in the foundations that succor the Democratic Party.

Following are recommendations both of an offensive and defensive nature-the major one being the creation of a countervailing power outside the Federal government. .....

(/quote)

American war machine: deep politics, the CIA global drug ... - Page 294

books.google.comPeter Dale Scott - 2010 - 396 pages - Google eBook - Preview

At this time OPC Far East Director Richard Stilwell was rebuked severely by CIA Director Bedell Smith and transferred to the military. In the Pentagon, "by the end of 1981, Stilwell was running one of the most secret operations of the...

(quote) http://www.google.co...biw=811&bih=493

Gen. Singlaub Faces Presidential Action .

Herald-Journal - May 21, 1977

Richard Stilwell, who chose Singlaub as chief of staff in Korea, indicated he agrees generally with opposition to the troop withdrawal.

A Tough Duo .

Manila Standard - Jan 23, 1988

The so-called stilwell-singlaub group within this US rightist group is said to be behind the oust-ramos . Another speculation is that Ramos has placed..(/quote)

(quote) http://educationforu...ndpost&p=234596

GHW Bush's college roommate was Robert C. Macauley. Bush's Ambassador to Ireland, William H.G. Fitzgerald was:

(quote) http://www.washingto...6010801019.html

Philanthropist William H.G. FitzGerald

Jan 9, 2006 – William H.G. FitzGerald, 96, a Washington-based private investor who ... He was the senior member of the Order of Malta, a lay religious order ...(/quote)

Fitzgerald's son, Desmond, is a longtime officer of Orbis, Int., and is married to the daughter of Robert G. Stone, Jr., and his wife, a Rockefeller heiress. :

http://educationforu...78

Stone Jr.'s brother, David B. Stone, was the Boston trustee of CIA sponsored financing to a student group, a story exposed in Ramparts in the mid 60's.

( http://educationforu...34 - Irving Davidson )

Stone, Jr. drew unwelcome scrutiny through the Harvard endowment's investment in GW Bush's and Alan Quasha's Harken Energy.

Ernest L. Byfield, Jr. was the best man in the 1943 wedding of William HG Fitzgerald to Annilese Petschek, daughter of Silesian lignite and iron properties owner, Ernest Petschek, a customer and Silesian partner of Brown Bros. Harriman, associated with an Aryanization scheme of vulnerable Petschek involving Flick.

Byfield Jr.'s mother was the JFK family's landlady at the Virginia weekend White House, Glen Ora, Byfield elevated Patrick Hoy to the presidency of the Sherman Hotel Group before Hoy went to work as a Henry Crown hire at General Dynamics. In 2004, 88 years old, and suddenly publicly talkative and Robert S. McNamara retreated into silence after marrying Byfield's widow.

Are the side benefits of SMOM, Macauley's Americares, and Desmond Fitzgerald's Orbis Int., an ability to travel internationally, unobtrusively and with little of no customs scrutiny? What is the impact of the Knights of Malta?...(/quote)

(/quote)

I didn't read much but this jumped out at me.

''...the Grace board is stocked with the likes of Roger Milliken, chairman of Milliken & Company and a large contributor to right-wing groups (including the John Birch Society and Western Goals, a private intelligence-gathering agency that kept data on U.S. activists and supplied it to police departments, which are barred from keeping such files; the group honored Salvadoran death squad leader Roberto D'Aubuisson at a 1984 dinner)....''

To me this is another possible path to R.K. Brown through the southern Contras through Hull to the SDS in Wisconsin and to a whole lot of other stuff. It's always been tenuous but sometimes it seems less so.

It could even lead to a unified hypothesis re a number of political assassination, not least Evers, JFK, X, MLK, RFK.

Guest Tom Scully

Yes, John, there is a lot more digging justified with this Skull and Bones centric little group. WR Grace and the CIA sure seem to be ties that bind. There is a confluence of interests presented below of some of the wealthiest men of their times. In the center of it is GHW Bush, and the time frame runs from the grabbing of Wallace Groves' Equity Corp., with "no money down" by John D. Rockefeller. Jr.'s son-in-law, David Milton, through Equity Corp. acquiring control of Larry Bell's helicopter and aircraft operations, hiring Walter Dornberger and Michael Paine, and Bush friend, George Bell's financing of Virginia Fibre for Robert Macauley, the company generating the revenue to fund Americare.

From Linda Minor, in her post on the John Train thread:

http://educationforu...13

(quote).....Shortly after his separation from active duty in 1953, General Olmsted bought control of United Services Life Insurance Company which wrote life insurance for officers of the military services. In 1955, he purchased control of International Bank of Washington and in 1959, he purchased Financial General Corporation, the 7th largest bank holding company in the country from his partners at the Equity Corporation. The final form for Olmsted's business ventures had come into being. All of the companies were grouped under International Bank or Financial General Corporation both of which were headquartered in Washington, D.C....

Good work, Tom, but I doubt anyone who hasn't already followed these threads will not appreciate it because of your lack of writing a summary of what it all means. What it means to me is that all intelligence operations in America are controlled by wealth, which is centered within the banking establishment. Olmsted is a character I discovered several years ago at the end of several trails of research. One trail had to do with Financial General Bancshares, which had constructed its headquarters in Washington, D.C. in the same building which later housed the offices of the Mullen Company, which seemed to be a pivot for hiring recently retired agents (whether FBI or CIA--like James McCord and E. Howard Hunt--for the Watergate caper), if I recall correctly. The research developed from checking into the address of that building, which had originally been built by Olmsted's bank.

Olmsted had been the person many decades earlier who had charge of the insurance fund for veterans. I followed one trail along that line, remembering that David Atlee Phillips had created an organization to lobby for former intelligence agents. I tried to figure out who invests the pension funds of these intelligence agents, who uses those funds to invest as venture capital and then hires former intelligence operators to protect that investment. It all seemed to fit. (/quote)

George Deb. Bell and Samuel MV Hamilton were high executives at Janney Montgomery Scott. Hamilton's sister was in the wedding party of Marion Rockefeller and Robert G. Stone, Jr., of Harvard / Harken Energy / Quasha / Bush "fame", and Stone, Jr.'s brother-in-law, Godfrey Avery Rockefeller, later of Bell Helicopter, marries Samuel MV Hamilton's sister, constance, and they have a child from that marriage. Godfrey goes to Dallas and works at Bell Helicopter. His relative, David Milton, and Milton's son-in-law, george Elliott, control Bell through Equity Corp. Thomas Devine is a director of Stone, Jr's Stonetex, and George Elliott went to work at Train, cabot while Devine was working there. The guy mentioned in the bottom of this post, is Hardwick Simmons, a cousin of Jock Whitney and also a director at Stonetex and a major figure in the annals of the Newport Tennis Museum, along with William HG Fitzgerald, who happened to be the top Knight of Malta in the U.S., thus liniked to Macauley and Peter Grace. Fitzgerald's son married Stone, Jr's daughter, and the best man in Fitzgerald's wedding was Ernest Byfield, Jr., and an usher was oliver W Hammonds, OSS, later, Later jack Chricton's accountant and co-director of The arabian Shield Corp.?

Just a bunch of harmless, ambitious, secretive people with truckloads of money, strong rightist political opinions on foreign policy, who just hyappen to gain control of the CIA and the U.S. executive branch, several times?

Standard & Poor's security dealers of North America: Volume 110

books.google.com Standard and Poor's Corporation - 1977 -

... Asst V-P; C. T. French, Sec; George LaSalle, Asst Secy Sales Dept— George C. LaSalle Order Dept — George LaSalle, Asst ... 23— 1689534 Phone— 215— 241-3132; (Order— 215—241-3001) JANNEY MONTGOMERY SCOTT INC. ... Edgar Scott, Jr., Chrm Exec Comm; Norman T. Wilde, Jr., Pres & Chief Exec Officer; Richard Boorse, Sr V-P & Treas; George DeB. Bell, Albert J. Berkow, Tristam C. Colket, Marie B. DeBacker, John J. Gray, Samuel M. V. Hamilton, William Kalellis

From my last (voluminous post on this thread:

(quote name='William Kelly' date='03 April 2009 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1238715042' post='165042')

....Moldea's investigation into NFL gambling even led to gruesome autopsy photos of Rosenbloom being published and broadcast on TV, while Russo alleges a golfing connection between old man Joe Kennedy, President Kennedy and Mike McLaney, their Palm Beach neighbor.

If you read all the quotes below, you eventually get to Bert Bell, Jr., for whom the NFL Bert Bell Award is named, and a Philadelphia football personage, whose son, Bert Bell III, took the photo that is my avatar on the Education Forum. ....

(/quote)

Bell's nephew, George D. Bell, was close to GHW Bush, along with Fitzgerald Bemis(s), and James C Wheat, Jr. While personally providing just 2 percent of the $50 million start up capital, with the balance raised in 1973 through Wheat's, "Wheat First", Bush's roommate, Robert C. Macauley, a man who, in 1973 had no past, except for traveling, drinking and playing piano, created Virginia Fibre / Macauley & Co., and quickly sold a 50 percent interest to Greif Bros. and it's chairman, John C. Dempsey, and was appointed a director of WR Grace, because he met the Chairman of Grace in a Miami bar while playing Piano. Macauley founded Americare and became a multi-millionaire long before his death at age 87, last December.

(quote)http://www.vahistori...bemissser1.htm.

FitzGerald Bemiss Papers, 1943-1997

Collection Number Mss1 B4252 c 1-500

Series 1. Correspondence, n.d., 1943-1997, with or about George H. W. Bush

...G. Bush to F. Bemiss, brief note concerning Kipling’s If; also mentioning James C. Wheat and George Bell [likely Philadelphia investment banker and fellow Yale alumni George deBenneville Bell, Sr., who died in June 1992] (copy)....

http://articles.phil...tment-firm-yale

George Debenneville Bell, 68, Chairman Of Investment Firm

June 15, 1992|By Kimberly J. McLarin, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

George deBenneville Bell, 68, chairman of the investment firm Janney Montgomery Scott Inc., died Saturday at his home in Gladwyne.

Publisher Walter Annenberg, who knew Mr. Bell for many years, called him a wonderful father, husband and private citizen.

"George was an oustanding citizen," Annenberg said. "He was always concerned about other people. He had a record of serving other people in various causes and in the organizations in which he was an active participant."

Mr. Bell, who was raised in Wynnewood, was a member of a prominent Philadelphia family. His father, John C. Bell Jr., was a governor of Pennsylvania and a former chief justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Mr. Bell's uncle, deBenneville (Bert) Bell, was the first commissioner of the National Football League.

Mr. Bell attended Episcopal Academy and graduated from St. George's School in 1942. He graduated from Yale in the Class of 1945W, which designates that he served in the military and returned to Yale to complete his bachelor of arts degree.

He was a lieutenant, serving in the Air Force from 1943 to 1945, and was a pilot in the training command.

Mr. Bell spent 24 years on Wall Street, rising to partner at Drexel & Co. for 10 years, then partner at Dillon, Read & Co., from 1971 to 1973.

He joined Janney Montgomery Scott Inc. in 1974 as senior vice president and director. In 1978 he became executive vice president and in 1982 was named co- chairman of the board of directors. He was named chairman of the board of directors in 1991.

He was a former governor of the Investment Bankers' Association and the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. He was a governor of the American Stock Exchange at the time of his death.

Mr. Bell was active in several other professional associations, including serving as chairman of the Eastern Pennsylvania Group (IBA), a governor of the Association of Stock Exchange firms, a governor of the Bond Club of New York and a governor of the Bond Club of Philadelphia. He was a board member and a vice chairman of the Philadelphia-Washington-Baltimore Stock Exchange.

Mr. Bell was active in many community and social organizations. He was a board member of Lankenau Hospital, the Fox Chase Cancer Center, the Main Line Board of Health and the Sanford Foundation, among others.

He was active in a variety of athletic clubs and was past president of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia.

An avid sportsman, he won five father and son court tennis doubles national championships.

He was a member of the Gulph Mills Golf Club, Pine Valley Golf Club and Merion Cricket Club and was a member of the U.S. Seniors Golf Association.

Mr. Bell is survived by his wife of 39 years, Roberta McVey Bell; a daughter, Sophie B. Ayres; sons, George deB. Jr. and James T.; his mother, Mrs. John C. Jr.; two sisters, and two grandchildren....

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=1

George deBenneville Bell, chairman of a Philadelphia investment banking firm, died Saturday at his home in Gladwyne, Pa. He was 68 years old.

Mr. Bell died of cancer, his family said.

Mr. Bell was chairman of Janney Montgomery Scott, where he had worked for the last 19 years.

Before that he was an investment banker on Wall Street. He had worked for 21 years at Drexel and Company, where he rose to partner and senior vice president, and three years at Dillon, Read & Company, where he was a partner and vice president.

He served on the boards of 10 companies. He was also a governor of the American Stock Exchange and former governor of the Investment Bankers Association and Philadelphia Stock Exchange and an officer of other professional organizations.

Born in Philadelphia, Mr. Bell grew up in Wynnewood, Pa. He served as a first lieutenant in the training command of the United States Army Air Corps in World War II. After the war he graduated from Yale University and attended the University of Pennsylvania law school.

He was a past president of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia and five times won father-and-son national championships in the United States Court Tennis Association.

Surviving are his mother, Sarah of Bryn Mawr, Pa.; his wife of 39 years, the former Roberta McVey; two sons, George Bell Jr. of Glen Cove, L.I., and James T. Bell of Manhattan; a daughter, Sophie Ayres of Laurel Hollow, L.I.; two sisters,...

http://www.businessw...14/b3675029.htm

George Bell: The Year of Living Painfully

Excite@Home has lost value and alienated its partners. CEO George Bell is facing the greatest adventure of his life

BUSINESSWEEK ONLINE : APRIL 3, 2000 ISSUE

...Leave it to Bell to strike a savvy political compromise. George deBenneville Bell Jr. grew up in a distinguished Philadelphia family with a long line of prominent politicians, lawyers, and financiers. His grandfather was governor of Pennsylvania, albeit briefly, and served as chief justice of the state Supreme Court for 11 years. His great-grandfather was district attorney in Philadelphia from 1903 to 1907 and Pennsylvania's attorney general from 1911 to 1915. George's father, George Sr., became co-chairman of investment bank Janney Montgomery Scott Inc. and became close friends with former President George Bush while the two of them were at Yale University.

Growing up among CEOs, chief justices, and presidents, George Jr. clearly faced great expectations. Even going to Harvard University wasn't considered that impressive in his family. ''The worst thing I did was go to Harvard,'' he says. Not that it wasn't a good school, it's just that his father went to Yale and his grandfather went to the University of Pennsylvania. Bell, however, didn't feel any pressure to follow his father into finance. That's because his older sister, Sophie Ayers, excelled in the field. She joined First Boston, now Credit Suisse First Boston, in 1977, when there were few women on Wall Street. She is now a managing partner at Russell Reynolds, recruiting top finance executives. ''In many ways, she was the first-born son,'' says Bell. ''She cleared the way so I could go my own way.''

Early on, Bell explored career options far from finance and politics. At Harvard, he studied English, and wanted to be a writer. He had several fiction and nonfiction pieces published, including a fictionalized story about Robert Louis Stevenson's life in Western Samoa. ''It was very well done,'' says David McKean, Bell's roommate in college and now chief-of-staff for Senator John F. Kerrey (D.-Mass.).... (/quote)

Last week, over on the Janney thread:

Uhhh... if I had this much JFK Assassination related coincidence in my background, I'd probably do the same thing Peter Janney has attempted.... author a disinformation, deflection "tell all" book, right from the desk of a privileged insider, a man in the know!

Fat chance..... Peter Janney does not mention his Aunt Peggy and Uncle Frank Pace.

(quote name='Tom Scully' timestamp='1330375172' post='247462']

I think it is a mistake to approach the Time-Life "purchase" of the Zapruder film and the TFX scandal as unrelated events. TFX was at the time the most expensive single government contract in the history of the world. Frank Pace and Maurice T. Moore were two of the most trusted Henry Luce associates. It was and is a fact it is impossible to determine the reach and the influence of LCN in our American society, so maybe it was just easier to ignore LCN taint on the FBI, DOJ, Supreme Court, WC, the U.S. presidency, the business community, and of defense contractors.

DID McNAMARA WEEP AT QUIZ?

Chicago Tribune - Mar 23, 1963

"My 12-year-old-son came home from school and asked me, 'When are you going to say to the people you are not a crook?'" McNamara's defense of the contract .

Maybe "Bob" should have been asked by senators during the McClellan inquiry how Patrick Hoy and Henry Crown of General Dynamics could have possibly been cleared for top security clearances by FBI or DOD investigators?

Did Roz Gilpatric knowingly saddle General Dynamics with the assetless shell of a company Atty. Harry Booth, in 1963 exposed LCN financier, Henry Crown's Material Service Corp. to actually be, in exchange for 20 percent of General Dynamics' stock.

(quote name='Tom Scully' date='15 December 2011 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1323942805' post='240950']

Only one, oh really?

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=783

Frank Pace Jr. Joins Time Inc. Directors

Hartford Courant - Apr 25, 1960

Frank Pace Jr., chairman ot the board and chief executive officer ot General Dynamics ... A joint announcement from Time Inc. Editor-in-Chief Henry R. Luce and. ...

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=783

Luce Aides: 'No Drastic Changes'; 3 He Picked to Run Empire...

New York Times - Mar 6, 1967

Luce last Monday, the day before he died in Phoenix, Ariz. ... Paul G. Hoffman, Samuel Meek, Maurice T. Moore and Frank Pace Jr. ' Mr. Luce, who was also on .

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=781

Evidence Implies Order Expected by Dynamics

Hartford Courant - Nov 21, 1963

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate probers produced evidence Wednesday that a top executive of the General Dynamics Corp., claimed "reasonably strong indications" far in advance that the firm would win the huge, disputed TFX warplane... tract. Frank Pace, who has since resigned, was named as the . Deputy Secretary of Defense Roswell L. Gilpatric, testifying before the Senate Investigations subcommittee, swor he had no idea where Pace could have received such information.

Former Legal Adviser

Gilpatric is a former legal adviser to General Dynamics whose role in the TFX contract negotiations is under senatorial fire. He described Pacej as his close friend. Earlier in the day. Chairman John L. McClellan. D-Ark., told Gilpatric that he should have disqualified himself from having anything to do with the contract award, to avoid any possible allegations of conflict of in-i terest. I The subcommittee is investi-. gation whether favoritism' steered the contract to General Dynamics last December. Gilpatric and others in the Defense Department's civilian command overruled military I evaluations that a rival design and bid by the Boeing Co. of Seattle promised a better, cheaper version. Costly Project

The Pentagon estimates the TFX project will cost between $5 billion and $7.5 billion. This would make it the largest in Pentagon history .

I The subcommittee produced a! document dated "July 1961" in! which Pace, top official of Gen-; eral Dynamics' Fort Worth, \ Tex., division, told its top management: "There are reasonably strong

indications that Fort Worth's proposed -: ration offers the only approach] that can satisfy both Air Force and Navy requirements" for (or the TFX. ! McClellan said this was "a, month and seven days" before the Pentagon had even complet-1 ed a statement of design re-! " Where," he demanded, "was the source of these reasonably strong indications?

So, how did we get from this situation:

ON ECONOMICS: -- How Kennedy Assassination Affected Some Stock ...

http://articles.sfga...ral-contracts/3

Nov 18, 1996 – A postscript for assassination buffs: No individual stood to lose more from the TFX scandal than Chicago investor Henry Crown, who owned 20 /(/quote]

http://select.nytime...4D9415B8088F1D3

Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES. ();

November 23, 1940,

MARGARET M. JANNEY WED; Bryn Mawr Girl Becomes Bride of Frank Pace Jr. of Little Rock

(quote)

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ... - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=162087282X... Peter Janney - 2012 - Biography & Autobiography

....Yet now, even in death, she was once again encirlced. Mary's fourth

pallbearer was my father, Winstar Janney. Like Cord Meyer and so many others

who joined the CIA in its infancy, Wistar Janney was part of an idealistic

group of World War II veterans that never again wanted to see the possibility

of a world at war. A strong, centralized post-World War II intelligence

apparatus seemed like an almost ideal solution, and a good career for a group

of men who were already, by birth, financially well endowed and secure. In

the aftermath of World War II, America had come out on top. They wanted to

keep it that way.

The youngest of six children of a wealthy, prominent investment banker, my

father was raised in Bryn Mawr on Philadelphia's Main Line. His given name at

birth, resembling an almost royal title, was Frederick Wistar Morris Janney.

To his close friends, immediate colleagues, and family, he was "Wistar," or

"Wis." ....

...He had not had a chance to reconcile with his father, who died

unexpectedly just a few days before the largest naval battle in history. the

father-son duo had remained estranged, despite the fact that Wistar's

father--Walter Coggleshall Janney--knew that his time was near....

http://www.legacy.co...gy&pid=99398209

MARGARET JANNEY PACE ("PEGGY")

passed away peacefully, at her home at 67 Hillside Road, Greenwich, on December 3, 2007. She was 92. Peggy had a long, active life dedicated above all to her family, as a devoted wife and mother, her community as a lifelong volunteer, and her church. Her late husband Frank Pace, Jr. was the former Director of the Bureau of the Budget and Secretary of the Army under President Truman, the first chairman of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and founder and CEO of the International Executive Service Corps and the National Executive Service Corps. Peggy moved to Hillside Road in Greenwich with her husband and three daughters in 1954.

Peggy was the daughter of the late Walter Coggeshall Janney and Pauline Morris Janney of Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania. The fourth of six children, she remained closely connected to her family. Music, sports and international travel were part of the family fabric.

Peggy was a generous, compassionate, dignified woman whose caring extended to her community. During her time in Washington, Peggy enthusiastically volunteered as a "Gray Lady". In Greenwich, she was active with Christ Church, the YWCA, both in Greenwich and nationally, and the Home Hospice Program. As its first volunteer, she helped start Hospice in Greenwich. She was devoted to supporting her husband's career and her children. She traveled extensively with her husband, other family member and friends.

Peggy was an avid tennis player and a fierce competitor on the court. Her strong fighting spirit and her will power kept her going during an extended period of physical incapacitation. Her family is grateful for the commitment of her staff of wonderful, dedicated women.

Music was a joy for Peggy; she had a beautiful singing voice and was a member of several choirs. During her active years, she attended the Philharmonic, opera and Broadway shows..

Peggy cared deeply for her children, her grandchildren and ultimately her great grandchildren. She is survived by her two daughters, Paula Pace of New York and Priscilla Janney-Pace of Yellow Springs Ohio; her three grandchildren,....(/quote)

WALTER C. JANNEY; President of Investment Bank in Philadelph...

New York Times - Oct 13, 1944

https://lh3.googleus...1944NYtimes.jpg

HEATLY DULLES, 88, INVESTMENT BANKER

‎New York Times - Feb 7, 1956

https://lh4.googleus...anneyDulles.jpg

http://www.janney.co...ission--history

....1982 Janney Montgomery Scott, Inc. acquired by The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company

1978 Janney Montgomery Scott, Inc. and Hoppin, Watson Inc. merge

1971 Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark, Inc. and Montgomery Scott & Co. merge to become Janney Montgomery Scott Inc.

1960 Janney, Dulles & Battles, Inc. merges with E.W. Clark & Co. and becomes Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark, Inc.

1956 In January, Janney & Co. acquires Wurts, Dulles & Co., becoming Janney,Dulles & Co. In December, Janney Dulles & Co. acquires Winthrop H. Battles, changing the name to Janney, Dulles & Battles, Inc.

1929 Col. Montgomery starts Montgomery Scott & Co.

1921 Montgomery Clothier & Tyler is renamed Janney & Co.; Col. Montgomery leaves the firm

1911 Walter Janney joins Montgomery Clothier & Tyler

http://www.pennock.w.../nti163596.html

Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA) - November 18, 1997

Deceased Name: SAMUEL M.V. HAMILTON

BROKERAGE EXECUTIVE, 73 Samuel M.V. Hamilton, 73, a senior vice president at Janney Montgomery Scott, died of cancer Sunday at his home in Wayne.

Mr. Hamilton, also executive director of 218 Enterprises and an owner of Samuels, a restaurant in Spread Eagle Village, was a partner in Montgomery Scott & Co. for many years before the firm merged with Janney, Battles & E.W. Clark in 1971.

Active in civic and cultural affairs, Mr. Hamilton was a member and former chairman of the board of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, and was a former member of the board of the Franklin Institute. He was on the board of Fox Chase Cancer Center and the Hamilton Family Foundation. He was a director of the Coaching Club of America, which preserves the tradition of traveling by horse-drawn coach.

Born in New York, Mr. Hamilton was raised in Rosemont by his grandfather Samuel M. Vauclain, chairman of the board of Baldwin Locomotive Works. He graduated from the Choate School in Wallingford, Conn., and from the University of Pennsylvania. An Army lieutenant, he served with the Office of Strategic Service and the CIA during the Korean War.

Surviving are his wife, Dorrance Hill Hamilton; daughter, Margaret H. Duprey; sons, Nathaniel P. and S. Matthews V. Jr.; a sister; a brother; and nine grandchildren.

The Last Great Lady

Campbell Soup heiress Dorrance “Dodo” Hamilton has enjoyed a life of wealth and glamour: a debutante coming-out splashed in the "New York Times", summers in Newport, and years as the face (and hat!) of the Main Line.

By Amy Korman

November 2008

That’s Mrs. Hamilton for you. (When you’re a billionairess, people call you “Mrs.”) With her elegant suits and trademark wide-brimmed hats, she might look the part of the classic old-school socialite, but Dorrance Hill Hamilton (“Dodo” was a nickname inherited from her mother) puts her own stamp on everything she does.

MISS ROGKEFELLER ED IN 6RBEqqICH; Christ uplscopa! Church...

New York Times - May 30, 1948

Church !s the Scene of Her Marriage to Robert Gregg Stone Jr, i Special to Tag ... the Misses Nancy Rockefeller, a cousin of the bride; Constance Hamilton,

Miss Dorrance Hill Wed in St. Thomas' To Samuel MV Hamilton...

New York Times - Feb 26, 1950

White flowers formed a garden background yesterday afternoon in the chantry of St. Thomas Protestant Episcopal Church for the marriage of Miss Dorrance Hill, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Nathaniel P. Hill of New York . ... Henriques C. Hamilton.was best man for his brother, The ushers were ... cousins of the bridegroom, and I Godfrey A. Rockefeller of Greenwich, Conn., his brother- in-law.

Judith Rockefeller Engaged

New York Times - Mar 12, 1978

Mrs. Hugh C. Wallace of Greenville, Del., and Godfrey A. Rockefeller of Gibson Island, Md., have announced the engagement of their daughter, Judith Stillman ..

Godfrey A. Rockefeller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_A._Rockefeller

Godfrey's first marriage to Constance Hamilton Wallace ended in divorce. He was then married to Margaret "Margo" Kuhn Rockefeller for fifty three years; she ..

The point here is that after Peter Janney's grandfather Walter died in october 1944, the investment firm Walter founded, Janney & Co., merged with a firm owned by Allen Dulles's uncle, and the CIA brother-in-law of Robert G. Stone, Jr., one Samuel M.V. Hamilton, became a prominent figure at the Janney, Dulles firm.

Samuel Hamilton's sister, Constance, married (Mrs. Robert Gregg Stone, Jr.'s) Marion Rockefeller Stone's brother, Godfrey Avery Rockefeller. In the late 1950's Godfrey Avery divorced and remarried, and headed to Dallas to work for Bell Helicopter, controlled by his relative, David Milton of The Equity Corp. Milton's son-in-law, George Elliott, was promoted to board membership at Bell at the same time Walter Dornberger was promoted to Bell V.P., circa 1959. Isn't that about the time that Michael Paine came to Bell in Dallas? Later, the son of William HG Fitzgerald married the daughter of Robert and Marion Rockefeller Stone, Jr. Thomas J. Devine was in business with Robert G Stone, Jr. and his brother David, since 1950.

MARGARET KUHN WED IN BEDFORD; Married in Parents' Home to...

New York Times - Aug 5, 1956

... this afternoon to Godfrey Anderson Rockefeller in the home of her parents, Mr. ... in Dallas, Tex., where thebridegroom is with the helicop fer division of the Bell ..

"hi Export Named Boll Aircraft Tune .

Schenectady Gazette - Jun 16, 1959

Inc . and George o'neill vice-president of the Equity Corp., which con trols Bell, All are from New York city. Dornberger. who has been di rector of engineering for ..

George D. O'Neill is the son of Nelson Rockefeller's older sister, Abby. He has an impressive resume:

MERIWETHER CAPITAL -- About Us

www.meriwethercapital.net/about.htm

GEORGE D. O'NEILL Mr. O'Neill is the founder of Meriwether and has been active in the firm since its inception in 1976. ... with several financial institutions including Train, Cabot & Associates, Equity Corporation and Chase Manhattan Bank.

Abby Rockefeller Mauzé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Rockefeller_Mauzé

She had two daughters with her first husband, David Milton: Abby Rockefeller Milton, married George Dorr O'Neill; Marilyn Rockefeller Milton, married Willia

http://www.vanityfai...efellers-200001

Irreconcilable Rockefellers

....On a sofa nearby sat George’s mother, Abby “Mitzi” Milton O’Neill—the eldest of “the Cousins,” as the fourth generation of Rockefellers are called—who would soon become the most powerful living Rockefeller by taking the reins as chairman of the family’s investments and philanthropies....George O’Neill Sr. had recently helped him in a Cambridge real-estate deal.

http://www.buffalone...ticle823618.ece

High moral cost paid for manned space flight

Updated: April 23, 2012, 6:37 AM An editor at the old Buffalo Courier- Express assigned me to interview a fellow named Walter Dornberger, whom he described as a German space visionary who had fled from the Iron Curtain......How Dornberger got away with it is another story with a tie to Buffalo. The war records of Dornberger, von Braun and other dubious Germans were sanitized in “Operation Paperclip.” It was a covert campaign to spirit scientists out of Germany as the Iron Curtain was being readied. Running the operation was Gen. William J. Donovan, the Buffalo born and raised head of the wartime Office of Strategic Services. British intelligence reports that Dornberger and von Braun were dangerous got scrubbed by Operation Paperclip, Taylor wrote.

Miss Alexandra Mills Is Bride of TJ Devine

‎New York Times - Apr 15, 1973

Miss Alexandra Mills, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Wynne Mills of Locust ... William B. Macomber Jr., United States. Ambassador to Turkey, was best man. ... Mr. Devine is with Train, Cabotj Inc.; a private New York investment concern.

Tom:

I knew about the Harvard thing bailing out Bush on Harken. That was so interesting. And the media completely underplayed that.

I also agree that compared to Whitewater, Harken was a real scandal, while Whitewater was a stone in the Mississippi.

I also agree with your last paragraph.

David B. Stone; helped found NE Aquarium - The Boston Globe

Boston Globe - Apr 28, 2010

“We had our trials and tribulations'' during the project, recalled Jacob F. Brown II, ... After the war, he earned his undergraduate degree at Harvard in 1950 and ...

Stonetex Oil Corp. Company Profile - Located in Dallas, TX ...

www.corporationwiki.com › TexasDallas

Jun 23, 2012 – Active officers include Thomas J Devine, David S Crockett, Jacob F Brown, David B Stone and Hardwick Simmons. Stonetex Oil Corp. filed as a ..

Advisory Committees - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=27497

May 30, 2012 – Thomas J. Devine

http://www.whoi.edu/...ard-corporation

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute

Board & Corporation

http://www.whoi.edu/...oxe_201475.jpeg

25]

Treasurer

Hardwick Simmons

Hardwick (Wick) Simmons is retired as Chairman and CEO of NASDAQ. Previously, he was President and CEO of Prudential Securities, Inc., and President of the Private Client Group at Shearson Lehman Brothers.

Mr. Simmons is a Trustee of the New Bedford Whaling Museum, and a Director of Raymond James Financial Corp., Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., Stonetex Oil Corp., Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc., and the Women's Tennis Association.

Mr. Simmons holds degrees from Harvard University and Harvard Business School.

Edited by Tom Scully

• 2 months later...
Guest Tom Scully

Priscilla Johnson was an attendant in Robert Macatee's daughter's, Jane's wedding to Alan Davidson :

http://educationforu...=15#entry255641

The coincidences opened by following this information were that Jane Macatee's aunt was Mrs. Leroy Wagstaff,

the mother of Jinx Faulkenberg. Jinx was married to Tex McCrary, tapped Skull and Bones in May, 1931.

The Skull and Bones members of Lewis A. Lapham's Yale class were the group who tapped McCrary and Stewart Iglehart.

(Do not confuse any of the Laphams mentioned in this post, grandfather Roger, father Lewis A., nd son Anthony A. Lapham, with the unrelated Lewis J. Lapham, of CIA in Viet Nam history.).................................................

Doug Valentine developed information that contrary to official declarations, Anthony A. Lapham was a CIA agent before Bush appointed him as CIA Counsel.

We also know now that Priscilla Johnson's CIA case officer from 1964 on, Lew Garry Coit, happened to be the M.I.T. Sigma Chi frat house mate of Bush's close friend, Thomas J. Devine.

In 1964, Anthony A. Lapham married Burks Bingham, the first cousin of Jock Whitney. Henry R. Breck was not part of the wedding party. Nicholas Lapham, the godson of Henry Breck, just happens to work for the CIA linked WWF.

The other curiousities here are that Tex and Jinx McCrary were so close to Jock Whitney that they leased a bungalow on Whitney's Long Island estate, quited close to Priscilla Johnson's home in Glen Head, and although Tex and Jinx split up by 1960, Jinx lived on the Whitney estate until Whitney's wife died in 1992 and Jinx was evicted by the Whitney heirs.

Priscilla Johnson's friend Jane Macatee Davidson and her husband Alan ended up serving as British Ambassador to Laos and wife, during the exact same two year period that Charles Whitehouse was US Ambassador in Laos, 1973 to 1975.

I've wondered why Thomas J. Devine was so well trusted by Percy S. Rockefeller's son-in-law Robert G. Stone, Jr., William B. Macomber, Jr., John PC Train, and George HW Bush. It seems I have been on the right track for some time. The Albert B. Carter, Jr. wedding party I've written so often about featured ushers Thomas J. Devine, Alexander Aldrich, and Andre Rheault, as well as others. Carter, Rheault and Devine are docucmented as CIA agents. Rheault was an usher in the wedding of Charles Whitehouse's sister, Sylvia's wedding with groom Robert O. Blake. The Whitehouses are cousins of the Rockefellers.

The father of the "other" Priscilla, F. Hallett Johnson, was a member of an intimate Bar Harbor, ME club along with John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and his sons. Johnson's son-in-law was Thomas F. McCoy of OSS and CIA who resigned from CIA to assist the 1968 presidential campaign of Eugene McCarthy. Roswell Gilpatric and his brother were close, Mt. Desert Island, ME, friends of the Rockefeller brothers. John PC Train's father Arthur summered at Bar Harbor and was an acquaintance of John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

It is said that John McCloy met the Rockefeller family through his mother's summer work at Bar Harbor as a hair dresser of the wealthy summer population.

The new piece of the puzzle that now fits into place is the discovery that Thomas J. Devine's grandmother, Louise Wolcott Hooker was the first cousin of Elon Huntington Hooker. Elon's daughter Blanchette married John D. Rockefeller III in 1932. Louise's father was Henry Edward Hooker, son of Horace Hooker. Henry Edward's brother was Horace B. Hooker, father of Elon and grandfather of Blanchette Ferry Rockefeller.

(Blanchette Ferry Hooker Rockefeller was born in 1909, the Hooker family history excerpted below was compiled in 1908.)

The Descendants of Rev. Thomas Hooker, Hartford, Connecticut, 1586-1908 ...

By Edward Hooker

HenryEdwardHookerDevineGrtGrand.jpg

HoraceBHookerfatherofElonHuntingtonHooker.jpg

Louise Wolcott Hooker married Charles Wright Dodge. Their daughter Charlotte married Adrian G. Devine. Charlotte and Adrian were the parents of Thomas J. Devine.

Magnum opus: the story of the Memorial Art Gallery, 1913-1988 - Page 169

books.google.com/books?id=FaTpAAAAMAAJ

Elizabeth Brayer, Nicholas Mirzoeff, University of Rochester. Memorial Art Gallery - 1988 - Snippet view - More editions

Charlotte Dodge (Mrs. Adrian) Devine ... with Saints and Angels, an Italian tempera on panel, was the 1927 gift of Mrs. Charles Wright Dodge and her daughter Mrs. Adrian Devine in memory of Miss Bertha Hooker, Mrs. Dodge's sister. Another

History of Rochester and Monroe county, New York: from the ... - Volume 2 - Page 898 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?id=ivssAAAAYAAJ

William Farley Peck - 1908 - Monroe County (N.Y.)

The father then removed to Chili, where he again engaged in the nursery business. His death occurred at the home of his son, H. E. Hooker, on East avenue in

(Edward Gordon Hooker was the step nephew and oil exploration business partner of George DeMohrenschildt. His grandfather was mayor of Hartford, CT. his Hooker family line is in common with the line's of Devine's grandmother and her first cousin, Elon Huntington Hooker only in the first two generations of the U.S. family genealogy.)

Edited by Tom Scully