The Education Forum

Motive and Murder

Guest Stephen Turner
Steve

Thanks for the Trotsky quote.  Interesting to note that it is McCloy who (as any good lawyer worth his salt would do) asked a question that he already knew the answer to.  It follows that McCloy was well versed in his knowledge of this "particular deviation" of communism.

Jim Root

Jim..

If I remember rightly, Oswald described himself as a "Marxist-Leninist" On a radio

talk show. Trotsky, was seen as the heir to this tradition. All the original leaders

of the Russian Revolution were staunchly Anti-assassination( Lenin's brother was

killed whilst planting a bomb.) My point is that if Lee was a true Trotskite, he

could not have been unaware of this position. YET........

Guest Stephen Turner
Steve

"YET........"

Ahhhhhh......Just who made him a "patsy?"

Jim Root

Jim..

The left in 60s America,(England come to that.) was so heavily infiltrated by

government agents that a branch of the SDS in Oakland contained nothing

but spooks. These guy's were always the most radical, far out, I have no

doubt they could quote Marx by the yard. I belive Oswald was "Turned"

early on, & the horror of late 50s Stalinist Russia confirmed his view.

But as you say...Who made him a patsy!!!!!!

Steve

Is it to far fetched to believe that Oswald may have been, in fact, a "true believer" of Marxist-Leninist-Trotskite views? Is it beyond our ability to speculate that Oswald followed what he believed to be the true leaders of this philosophy and went to Russia under their direction (ending up in Minsk the cradle of Marxist-Lenisit thought, home of the Menshivics)?

Would Oswald start to believe he needed to develop false identities and have a need for postal drops to hide his actions (ordering a rifle, pistol etc.) as he began to doubt the sincerity of his former handlers? Would this doubt begin when he sees Edwin Walker as the leader of a "right wing" movement (especially if Walker had helped him into the Soviet Union in October of 1959)? Would he cling to the hope that the good "Baron" was his hope for reconnection to the "true believers?"

Would the final confirmation that he had been in fact a "patsy" come after traveling to Mexico and being rejected by the Communists that he felt he had been serving all along?

I do not pretend to know the answers to these questions but they do spark my imagination when we look at the totality of the big picture.

Jim Root

Guest Stephen Turner
Would the final confirmation that he had been in fact a "patsy" come after traveling to Mexico and being rejected by the Communists that he felt he had been serving all along?

I do not pretend to know the answers to these questions but they do spark my imagination when we look at the totality of the big picture.

Jim Root

Jim..

An interesting, & thought provoking post. I just wish I had the answer.

I do belive however, that any love Oswald had for the "workers paradise"

would have evaporated pretty quickly upon encountering the nightmare

of Stalanist Russia.

Steve.

Steve

"I do belive however, that any love Oswald had for the "workers paradise" would have evaporated pretty quickly upon encountering the nightmare

of Stalanist Russia. Steve."

This seems to be comfirmed by Oswalds speech at Spring Hill College. (Disillusioned by both sides?)

Jim Root