The Education Forum

CIA cryptonyms

I had seen this before and saw it tonight on another forum.

Can anyone spot any errors in it, or do you have any additions to the list?

http://www.biography.ms/CIA_cryptonym.html

-----------------------

Tim: I forget to mention this on the telephone 27 minutes ago. As to CIA cryptonyms: The digraph indeed refers to the country, the criteria or category of assigned tasks, etc. -- the style used now is totally distinct. Read your Agee ["Company Diary"] and discover that for example: "AM/LASH" does not refer solely to Cubela, he was AM/LASH-17 or 21. AM/THUG-1 is Fidel, "2" is Raul, etc. -- and remember that MO/ONGOOSE came about when Lansdale suggested to his CIA clerk that the Thailand digraph ("MO") be used for the Op.

The US Gov't digraph is followed by -1 (the Prez, etc.) -- and the forward slash "/"found in Agee's and the Church committee reports was never used in cables, files, docs, etc. to and from the field; but was only used on the 4th and 7th floors at Langley.

As I have related before, despite the fact that indeed NARA docs show me with MH/CHAOS in California [the "Project" cryptonym is redacted]; I worked with Angelton's counter-Op against those rogues, which he crypto'd as "MK/CHAOS" !!

Don't forget to check out "The Old Boys", and then look into the private Intel group known as "The Pond" [one of Mary Ferrell's favorites].

And once again, I was NEVER a career Intelligence Officer with the CIA, just a contract agent. Jim Woolsey spelled out the differences during a speech in Cleveland during 1997 -- "....a CIA employee involved in the clandestine services is an 'Officer', not an "Agent" -- and he recruits snitches, informants, traitors, et al. to betray their comrades, their party, their country, and their mothers...Case Officers, especially those under diplomatic cover in our embassies abroad [Foreign Service "Reserve" Officers] do NOT spy, their job is to hire, bribe, extort, coerce, blackmail, etc. local folks to do the actual spying !!"

Hasta Luigi,

GPH

Thanks GH

I knew AM/LASH was a program, not an individual.

(people may remember that from another thread)

I love the classified code terms.

Robin posted those three "declassified" NSA sheets on another thread and the code word stencilled across the top appeared to be

COMINTERN

Now that is funny.

He has been recieving information from this source:

(sorry about the quality of the photo)

Edited by Shanet Clark