The Education Forum

Three Tramps.

Guest Stephen Turner

22 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

David, I'm wondering if you have ever read anything about a second set of tramps being found in a grain car South of the triple underpass about an hour and a half after the assassination.  This may have been hashed out and debunked on the forum before, if so, you or anyone please direct me there.  What I read on line 4-5 years ago was about after the search of the railroad yard was deemed complete 1:30-2:00 lee Bowers was allowed to release a train headed Southbound (towards Reunion Arena now).  As it proceeded South over the triple underpass and beyond Bowers noticed men run to it and jump on a grain car from the East side of the tracks, South of the triple underpass, near the West end of the Postal Annex building and it's parking lot.  He stopped the train, called the police back, told them which car.  Three men found hunkerd down/dug in to the grain in an open topped car, only observable from above.  The really intriguing part was police reports supporting the story.  Wish I could remember where I read this, relatively sure I didn't dream it and I'm not making it up.  

Apologies David.  I was fishing last night.  Hoping you might answer but using you as bait also that someone else might bite if not.  I'm somewhat embarrassed to reveal the source my post is based on and hoped someone else might.  Mr. Caddy linked it on the forum at the time it came out on.  The one post to his link by Tom Hume was to reply this is not related to his thread of the same name.

The book The Oswald Code by AJ Weberman is junk.  Yes, that Bob Dylan dumpster diving Weberman  (a real researcher, unlike me, in an e-mail, called him a "kook").   The book has no table of contents, source notes, end notes, appendix, index, nothing.  It is jumbled, jumps back and forth about Gerry Patrick Hemming said this to he said that with comments from Sturgis/Fiorini thrown in randomly.  I bought the book based on information on the website about it, and, Weberman being  co author of coup DeEtat in America from 1975.  When I read the on line version of That book in the 2000's I thought it was revolutionary for it's implications of the CIA at the time of it's publication.  I've read it was inspirational to Henry Gonzalez in his pursuit of the establishment of the House Sub Committee on Assassinations. 

https://www.amazon.com/Coup-dEtat-America-Assassination-Kennedy/dp/0932551106/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499913691&sr=1-1&keywords=coup+detat+in+america 

The website for the book "The Oswald Code" provides more relevant information, more cohesively presented than the book.  But you have to look for it even there.

http://theoswaldcode.com/

Wade through or skip this and click on the link at the bottom View Documents.

http://theoswaldcode.com/index2.htm

Scroll down to the "Second Three Tramps Detained".

The  Sheriff Deputy Elkins deposition on 11/26/63, the statements of officers  Roy Vaughn and Marvin Wise to the HSCA support the dispatcher recorded time of 1:56-1:58 of being sent to or alerted of the end of Shorecrest Drive/ down by Union Station (location of Reunion Arena now).  1:00-2:00, 2:30 is mentioned as well as a mile, half mile, 300-400, 700 yards South of the rail yard, Bowers control tower, the triple overpass are all mentioned. 

I'd Almost say in spite of the source the information it's worthy of consideration.   

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Apologies David.  I was fishing last night.  ......

The book The Oswald Code by AJ Weberman is junk.  Yes, that Bob Dylan dumpster diving Weberman  (a real researcher, unlike me, in an e-mail, called him a "kook").   The book has no table of contents, source notes, end notes, appendix, index, nothing.  It is jumbled, jumps back and forth about Gerry Patrick Hemming said this to he said that with comments from Sturgis/Fiorini thrown in randomly.  I bought the book based on information on the website about it, and, Weberman being  co author of coup DeEtat in America from 1975.  When I read the on line version of That book in the 2000's I thought it was revolutionary for it's implications of the CIA at the time of it's publication.  I've read it was inspirational to Henry Gonzalez in his pursuit of the establishment of the House Sub Committee on Assassinations. 

I'd Almost say in spite of the source the information it's worthy of consideration.   

A. J. Weberman is, as far as I know, the only source for Dallas Canstable Seymour Wetzman's claim that Bernard Barker was one of the fake SS agents on the grassy Knoll. It's a shame that Weberman gets discredited because, for me, The Barker-on-GK claim  is hugely important.

Following the visit to Weitzman, other researchers interviewed his doctors at the rest home and the Doctors described the fact that Weitzman was highly nervous and hesitant to talk to people and would pretty much say whatever was necessary to make them go away.  I know I'm always a wet blanket but we really need to be cautious and apply some of the best practices when looking into interviews well after the fact.  There is a huge body of research which illustrates the cautions over even basic memories from witnesses days after an event, much less months or years.

5 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

"Where was the "boxcar" that the tramps were found in? The Hughes film gives a good view of the yard and shows 3 pullman cars. Were they supposed to be behind the other cars?

There are multiple stories, statements and testimony about 3 tramps arrested being taken off a box car or cars in the immediate aftermath of the assassination in the rail switching yard next to the TSBD when the DPD and the Dallas Sherriff's office flooded it.  Somewhere between 12:35-40 and about 1:00.  It's been argued elsewhere that the shadows in the photo's of "The" three tramps indicate they were taken 1-2 hours later.  I'm not pushing a theory here.  It's pretty conclusive three men were arrested in the rail yard shortly after the assassination.  Given the obfuscation and lack of investigation by the Warren Omission and their investigative arms, the FBI and CIA which stonewalled them as well as the Dallas Police Department and County Sherriff's Office it seems Possible that Maybe a second set of "tramps" were brought in from a rail car search an hour or two after the first bunch.  Though never "arrested" or booked.  Kind of like Jim Braden, I mean Eugene Hale Brading, the California convict "oil man" (cover?) passing through Dallas that day on his way to the big Oil city of New Orleans.  Arrested coming out of the Dal-Tex building right after the assassination as being suspicious, then released.  Because technology at the time didn't connect Braden to Brading, or... Go figure. (Brading had his name legally changed to Braden prior to 63, thus no link to his long rap sheet). 

Edited by Ron Bulman