The Education Forum

For those who use GOOGLE in research

GOOGLE HIRES DAN SENSOR. THANKS STEVE GAAL

A former Senior Associate at the Carlyle Group, Senor was briefly Scott McLellan's deputy as White House spokesman before becoming head of the the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq's information department. The White House web site bills him as Senior Advisor to Presidential Envoy L. Paul Bremer III. Fox News hired Senor as a panelist in February. While in Iraq Senor showed his loyalty by going jogging in a Bush-Cheney '04 tracksuit.

Interestingly, a Google search does not provide much information on this. The Washington Business Journal reports:

The Mountain View, Calif.-based search engine giant has hired Dan Senor as vice president of global communications and strategy. Senor was the chief spokesman for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq and senior adviser to U.S. Ambassador Paul Bremer.

INTL News

A former Senior Associate at the Carlyle Group, Senor was briefly Scott McLellan's deputy as White House spokesman before becoming head of the the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq's information department. The White House web site bills him as Senior Advisor to Presidential Envoy L. Paul Bremer III. Fox News hired Senor as a panelist in February. While in Iraq Senor showed his loyalty by going jogging in a Bush-Cheney '04 tracksuit.

This appeared on a Google Finance and Business Operations Forum.

When people start moving from the Bush adminstration to VP positions in Google it's time to start using other search engines. Especially when they come from the outdated world of colonial imperialism: Dan Senor bio from whitehouse.gov. No offense Dan, but the year is 2005, not 1805.

"Senor traveled to Baghdad in mid-April in one of the first civilian convoys to enter Iraq following the fall of the former regime. He has been serving in Iraq since, advising Amb. Bremer on a variety of policy and communications issues."

Sweet jesus! Is his previous job experience not one of the worst marketing efforts in the history of the United States? Bare minimum this guy's style is going to be a far cry from the subtly cool, yet extremely effective word of mouth marketing style of the Cindy McCaffrey, whose job he is filling. Regardless of your opinion on the invasion of Iraq, the attitude of his previous employers is certainly one of "we know best, do as your told." and he's going to bring that to Google as VP of Global Communications and Strategy? Man. Seems awfully dodgy. Giving this guy access to my Gmail messages and search history really gives me the creeps. So what do I do? Stop using GMail (which I love), uninstall the Google Toolbar (which I love)?

I think we're going to start seeing people becoming increasingly vocal about rejecting Google, despite its excellent products and services. Sadly they are moving far beyond simply delivering relevant search results.

I love the taste of McDonalds french fries (because a team of PhDs has been working on them for a long time), but I know they're bad for my health so I choose not to eat them.

It surprises me that the media has spent so little time analysing the impact that Google is going to have on society. It is going to dominate how people obtain information about the world. It was always going to be a target for US government control. The only way to combat this is to show how it is manipulating search-rankings. Then it will either clean-up its act or will lose its status as the world’s most reliable search-engine. As I have pointed out before, the CIA does not interfere with UK Google. It’s target is the main Google database. After all, that is the main one people use.

Guest Stephen Turner

I just googled the words "JFK Assassination, our forum is currently ranked at 23rd

WE MUST BE STEPING ON SOME IMPORTANT FEET....Keep up the good work :D

GOOGLE is a useful tool, but........

The Education Forum has been downgraded in priority.

I monitor some unique phrases for their placement in GOOGLE searches.

Around the time we got into CD DILLON, MARSHALL CARTER and MARY MEYER

our entire profile was downgraded. Certain unique phrases in the Education Forum

threads which used to be placed first or second in the GOOGLE SEARCH rankings,

are now lost - totally obscured and no longer available to searchers looking for the

phrases....I know this for a fact and find it curious and disturbing .............

This man Senor, a White House and IRAQ War insider is probably part of the

policy change .............

• 4 weeks later...