The Education Forum

Role of the Jewish Community in the Ripper Case

Hi Steve and Norman

I don't mean to appear dismissive of the Masonic/Royal theory about the meaning of "Juwes" in the inscription either. However, in weighing what is known about the murders the Masonic angle or any Royal coverup seems unlikely, as much as it continues to fascinate Hollywood (vide the 2001 movie "From Hell" with Johnny Depp). It just seems from the shreds of evidence, such as they are, that Jack more likely was a loner and a sole operator, a serial killer who killed to satisfy his lusts, rather than he was part of a conspiracy, or that a conspiracy occurred in covering up the evidence.

All my best

Chris

Of course, the graffiti might just be coincidence.

"Sherman, fire up the way back machine!"

Hi Norman, Ive just read back on my two previous posts,and I come across as dismissive of your theory, as I would like these threads to remain free of name-calling etc I appologise. But as Chris points out this particular conspiracy theory has been thoughly rebutted, even the guy who sold this snake oil to Knight has admitted he lied. But as you know though your study in JFKR, once these ideas get legs they keep running, ie Castro did it!!! But as I say any theory must be debated before being dismissed. Steve.

A gentleman on the Internet? Thanx much for your courtesy. I too am not real enamoured of the Royal ripper theories, but the spelling of Juwes is real curious never the less.

And it does make for a great conspiracy!

Thanx again.

Edited by Norman T. Field

Hi Norman and Steve

There is at this moment an ongoing lively discussion of the exact spelling of that word, be it "Juwes", "Juives", or "Jewes" at http://casebook.org/forum/messages/4923/5373.html

I do agree with the poster who stated that the controversy over the exact spelling of that word as well as the meaning and significance of the inscription overall likely will never be resolved!

All my best

Chris

Edited by Christopher T. George