The Education Forum

Harry Dean: Memoirs

Guest John Gillespie

Hi Harry,

LHO purportedly made two trips to Mexico City, according to Nagell and others. But speaking of two Oswalds, I am attaching the URL to John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee" in which the author makes an interesting, if not compelling case:

http://home.wi.rr.com/harveyandlee/

That said, Mr. Dean's assertions are right out there. I know more than a bit of the JBS, having been to some of their meetings. Matter of fact, I was recruited by a Mormon. At the core it is a very good organization with membership by very decent Americans. But as Jim Marrs likes to say, it is the circle within the circle...

Regards,

JAG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Mr Dean.

Could I impose upon you to continue your memoirs? At the present time I have not received any additional information relative to the data you published. :lol: What happened to you in Cuba? Are the documents concerning your reports to the FBI available at NARA? You have 158 hits there - some which appear to be denials of your relationship with the FBI? Can you elaborate on your relationship with Loran Hall?

I'm sorry to pester you with so many questions - some of which I realize may be painful. Any response greatly appreciated.

- lee

Hello Mr Dean.

Could I impose upon you to continue your memoirs?  At the present time I have not received any additional information relative to the data you published. :lol:   What happened to you in Cuba?  Are the documents concerning your reports to the FBI available at NARA?  You have 158 hits there - some which appear to be denials of your relationship with the FBI?  Can you elaborate on your relationship with Loran Hall?

I'm sorry to pester you with so many questions - some of which I realize may be painful.  Any response greatly appreciated.

- lee

Hi, Lee

I know re; the 158 NARA reports but have never bothered to order or read them.

Re; What happened to me in Cuba. I went there mid-1960 to gather 'certain information' for U.S. Intelligence. At the same time I carried various documents to Castro's chief of staff, Juan A. Orta from his long time friend and Cuban Consul, in Chigago, Joaquin Freire. I had also solid Cuban Revolutionary credentials,being a member of Castro's Network in the U.S.,and Secretary of The Fair Play For Cuba Committee. Prior to entering Cuba U.S. policy re; Cuba had changed suddenly via Eisenhower. I was hooked by the FBI and warned I could be indicted as an unregistered agent of a foriegn government, and turned on my associates in FPCC and Castro's Network The 26th Of July Movement. It must be noted that during my associations, the U.S. was favorable to Castro and the Revolution in Cuba. My pro-Castro efforts were very sincere from late 1957 until Eisenhower's reversal of policy 1960. Upon returning from Cuba I was debriefed at a meeting with CIA/FBI agents.

Arriving in Cuba I went directly to Castro's office, that same day G-2/DGI agents hooked me, running me through a three hour horror at Havana headquarters, it included death threats via a pistol wielding @#$%^&* military skunk and sweating questioning by a chief G-2/DGI skunk named Francisco Vega. It was scarier forty years later when I learned that an American agent had been brutialy murdered one month earlier in that same office. The beauty of it was when Vega entered the U.S. Illegally, I found and turned him over to Bureau agents.

Re; FBI they always denie associations with spys/informants for their protection and in my case because in 1965 I blabbed on TV, Radio and newspapers re; spying for the FBI in order to cut loose from that fearful existance of near five year involvement with them and the Cuba waste of life. My main task then was to openly expose the people that I knew, who hastened the death of President Kennedy.

Re; Loran Eugene Hall. Hall like any of us was just another unknown, anti-Castro anti-Kennedy anti-Communist actionary. Most of his activities have been posted on this forum, whether true or not. Hall was a no-nonsence not a nice guy but a struggler in the cause, a surface soldier of fortune that avioded real danger, he spent much time raising funds, weapons et al. In 1964 not being interested in being a political manager for Guy Gabaldon in his run for U.S. Congress I recommended Hall for the job. Gabaldon blamed Hall for his defeat.

Harry

Hi Harry,

LHO purportedly made two trips to Mexico City, according to Nagell and others.  But speaking of two Oswalds, I am attaching the URL to John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee" in which the author makes an interesting, if not compelling case:

That said, Mr. Dean's assertions are right out there.  I know more than a bit of the JBS, having been to some of their meetings.  Matter of fact, I was recruited by a Mormon.  At the core it is a very good organization with membership by very decent Americans.  But as Jim Marrs likes to say, it is the circle within the circle...

Regards,

JAG

Hi, JAG

Jim Marrs is correct re; JBS. It was/is Sociol=A society within Society.

Harry

Thank you sir.

I well understand the plausible denial concept - and you are not the first to be abandoned, nor the last I'm sure. Maybe someday I'll make the effort to try to gather some of the 158 pieces at NARA - but from previous experience, that could take some little time to accomplish. :( It's all about the box.

I will confess that I know very little about everything that went on in Cuba during those days - it is always gratifying to learn more. The book 'Against all hope' by Eduardo Valladares had a great impact on me back in 1988. I think it goes without saying that it is a miracle that you managed to escape with your life. Sorry to have to make you relive that.

Did you know John Martino? Whatever became of Francisco Vega?

Did you come across any other INTERPEN aside from Hall during your travels? I believe that you mentioned Howard. Did you have occasion to cross paths with Gerry Patrick while in Cuba? Did you know Rip Robertson, David Morales, David Atlee Phillips? Any idea as to whether or not Charles Rogers went by the alias Carlos, and may have been travelling with Oswald?

Can you please comment on Richard Case Nagell? Was he indeed exactly as he said he was? I firmly believe that he was - and like many others, was not in a position to betray too much information, out of jeopardy of his pension / benefits / life, the lives of his family, etc. Your own risks are clearly worth recognition IMO, and as for me, worthy of great admiration and respect. It would be helpful however to get your feedback on Nagell.

Can't help but ask so many questions. Your experiences should be published, IMO - I'm a bit surprised that you haven't authored a book, or that no one has approached you with some form of proposition over the years?

Off-the-wall - LDL - Any idea as to their International ties at that time?

Sorry for this one - a National Enquirer article :blink: had a story in the 70s relative to a box of materials which was turned over to the Police. The woman that allegedly turned it in was the roommate of a woman whose Cuban boyfriend had left these items behind [violin music playing]. Anyway, allegedly 4 Dallas Cops witnessed this material, and it was sent to the FBI, and it subsequently vanished. Among the items was an FPCC card issued to Jack Ruby - I think the card number was 53. Is that absolute rubbish do you know? Another item was allegedly a receipt from a Motel that had Jack Ruby and Lee Oswald registered there simultaneously. So far, I am unconvinced that Ruby and Oswald ever met. From everything I have read about Ruby, all I've been able to gather is that he clearly saw what was going on, who was behind it, and was collecting evidence.

Thanks again for your candidness and all of your responses. Very much appreciated.

With much respect,

Lee Forman

Thank you sir.

I well understand the plausible denial concept - and you are not the first to be abandoned, nor the last I'm sure.  Maybe someday I'll make the effort to try to gather some of the 158 pieces at NARA - but from previous experience, that could take some little time to accomplish. :(  It's all about the box.

I will confess that I know very little about everything that went on in Cuba during those days - it is always gratifying to learn more.  The book 'Against all hope' by Eduardo Valladares had a great impact on me back in 1988.  I think it goes without saying that it is a miracle that you managed to escape with your life.  Sorry to have to make you relive that.

Did you know John Martino?  Whatever became of Francisco Vega?

Did you come across any other INTERPEN aside from Hall during your travels?  I believe that you mentioned Howard.  Did you have occasion to cross paths with Gerry Patrick while in Cuba?  Did you know Rip Robertson, David Morales, David Atlee Phillips?  Any idea as to whether or not Charles Rogers went by the alias Carlos, and may have been travelling with Oswald?

Can you please comment on Richard Case Nagell?  Was he indeed exactly as he said he was?  I firmly believe that he was - and like many others, was not in a position to betray too much information, out of jeopardy of his pension / benefits / life, the lives of his family, etc.  Your own risks are clearly worth recognition IMO, and as for me, worthy of great admiration and respect.  It would be helpful however to get your feedback on Nagell.

Can't help but ask so many questions.  Your experiences should be published, IMO - I'm a bit surprised that you haven't authored a book, or that no one has approached you with some form of proposition over the years?

Off-the-wall - LDL - Any idea as to their International ties at that time?

Sorry for this one - a National Enquirer article  :blink: had a story in the 70s relative to a box of materials which was turned over to the Police.  The woman that allegedly turned it in was the roommate of a woman whose Cuban boyfriend had left these items behind [violin music playing].  Anyway, allegedly 4 Dallas Cops witnessed this material, and it was sent to the FBI, and it subsequently vanished.  Among the items was an FPCC card issued to Jack Ruby - I think the card number was 53.  Is that absolute rubbish do you know?  Another item was allegedly a receipt from a Motel that had Jack Ruby and Lee Oswald registered there simultaneously.  So far, I am unconvinced that Ruby and Oswald ever met.  From everything I have read about Ruby, all I've been able to gather is that he clearly saw what was going on, who was behind it, and was collecting evidence.

Thanks again for your candidness and all of your responses.  Very much appreciated.

With much respect,

Lee Forman

Hi, Lee

I intentionally blew my cover by going on a TV, and later a radio show after the Bureau said I must not do so. It was my sure way to be finished with that exsistance. The TV show featured Mrs. Oswald.

Yes it was a miracle to escape Cuban Intelligence, as they trusted no one especially non-Cuban U.S. citizens, with or without the proper credentials.

Martino was then, unknown to me.

I do not know what became of DGI Fransisco Vega. It was later reported Oswald met with a Cuban agent in Mexico City named Vega.

Hall, Howard, Hemming, I and several others originated here in Southern California, I knew many of them very well, but never met Hemming at any time. The other names you mention were not known to me.

Nagell was not known to me in those days.

I did do a brief {not in depth or detail} manuscript/book on the subject 1990/91, a CD was made of it also, but I no longer have copies.

Harry

I did do a brief {not in depth or detail} manuscript/book on the subject 1990/91, a CD was made of it also, but I no longer have copies.

Harry, I still have your copy. I am just about to send it back. Whould it make more sense for me to send it to Lee? Maybe he could arrange to have copies made for those in the US who would like to read it.

Harry, I still have your copy. I am just about to send it back. Whould it make more sense for me to send it to Lee? Maybe he could arrange to have copies made for those in the US who would like to read it.

Hi, John

Good idea John, if Lee can arrange it.

Harry

Hi, John

Good idea John, if Lee can arrange it.

Harry

I would be delighted!

- lee

Hi Harry,

LHO purportedly made two trips to Mexico City, according to Nagell and others.  But speaking of two Oswalds, I am attaching the URL to John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee" in which the author makes an interesting, if not compelling case:

That said, Mr. Dean's assertions are right out there.  I know more than a bit of the JBS, having been to some of their meetings.  Matter of fact, I was recruited by a Mormon.  At the core it is a very good organization with membership by very decent Americans.  But as Jim Marrs likes to say, it is the circle within the circle...

Regards,

JAG

Hi, JAG

Re; The John Birch Society. Not unlike Castro's statement{s} to his Revolutionary

Army not long after it's January I, 1959 success, " The 26th of July Movement must Wither Away and become a political government" {of Cuba}. The John Birch Society did also Wither Away and became a political government {of the U.S. after

1963}.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Regards,

JAG

Hi, JAG

Re; The John Birch Society. Not unlike Castro's statement{s} to his Revolutionary

Army not long after it's January I, 1959 success, " The 26th of July Movement must Wither Away and become a political government" {of Cuba}. The John Birch Society did also Wither Away and became a political government {of the U.S. after

1963}.

Harry

Re; The John Birch Society.

Not unlike Castro's statement{s} to his Revolutionary Army not long after it's January I, 1959 success,

" The 26th of July Movement must Wither Away and become a political government" {of Cuba}.

The John Birch Society did also Wither Away and became a political government {of the U.S. after 1963}. Harry

So succinct... yet, so gargantuan in it's implications. Yo, Harry...

Defending America... we've muffed it good...

I think I've heard BOTH shoes drop - now, the actual appendages are falling...

Edited by JL Allen