The Education Forum

Harry Dean: Memoirs

Hello Mr. Dean.

Thanks very much for sharing all of this - very helpful -- it seems to fit in very well with a lot of material I have read and pieced together - although there are still some that I can't fit - like where Oak Ridge fits in, for example.

That aside, have you ever heard of an anti-Kennedy propoganda film called 'Measure - Countermeasure?' 

Was also curious - Oswald's role as I believe I saw it somewhere?, was to ensure that the assassination failed, by informing and preparing the Trade Mart in advance of the arrival of the motorcade.  Can't find the reference at the moment.

Got it... from Spartacus:

"If the assassins had attempted to shoot Mr. Kennedy at the Trade Mart, they would either have been killed or captured because the whole area was crawling with federal officers who were heavily armed. Lee Harvey Oswald, working as a federal security agent, had performed his job well," Dean said.

Hi, Lee

Most if not all the above quotes were by a writer named W.R. Morris with

whom I fell-out after The Tom Snyder Show,in New York City. Morris was

a good investigative reporter but went on to write several stories contributing

them to me, and were his own ideas, and about which I learned many years later.

Morris was angry as I would not agree to go along with a book he intended to

write. One example is a publication called ' The Secret Papers Of Harry Dean', I received a copy of it from Gary Buell in 2004 and realized it and other such

writings by Morris were angry attempts to involve me, by placing his own words in

my mouth. Words that still reach out from his grave.

If possible I would appreciate 'The Measure-Countermeasure item' you mention.

Harry

Since the President was killed right in front of his place of employment, I think it's safe to assume that Oswald suspected he'd been played - if that was the case, where did he think going to the Texas Theatre was going to get him? Was this a 'false' rendezvous point [in which case the 'Plan' was to set him up to be killed right there], or would you know if the 'plan' was to remove him to Cuba for some other goal? To finalize the smear, or other?

Would you happen to know if the shooting of Officer Tippit was simply the unfortunate consequence of bad timing, or part of the setup?

I apologize for some of these questions which I can't assume that you would know the answer to - last one:

According to Richard Case Nagell, he informed Hoover directly of the impending assassination conspiracy [scheduled for September, if I recall].

"The truth of the matter is. I told my superiors about this plot when I first learned of the details, but they ignored it," Dean added.

Did Hoover simply use a 'pocket-veto?'

- lee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Jefferson

The source is Gabaldon, so stated by him and known to we his fellow

anti-Castro anti-Kennedy associates, re; Kennedy's June 1962 visit.

Guy Gabaldon, former U.S. Marine WW2, movie Hell to Eternity re; his

heroic deeds, now about age 80, ran for U.S. Congress 1964 {lost}.

1962/63 with finacial assists from others organized DAC, Drive against

Communism, leagued with John Birch Society leader{s} to become

DACA, Drive Against Communist Aggression, Southern California and

Mexico City..........

H. Dean

Hey Harry,

I hope all is well with you.

As you have mentioned before, Loran Hall was Gabaldon's campaign manager in 1964. And didn't Gabaldon help gather all the medical supplies for Hall, Howard and Celio Castro Alba (aka Juarito) to bring to Miami by way of Dallas? (Along with some weapons they picked up at Clint Wheat's house)

Dave

Harry,

It seems to me that if Walker and other JBS-type right-wingers were behind the assassination, it had to be with the collaboration of U.S. intelligence. Evidence of the latter’s involvement includes the strong photographic evidence of CIA operatives (Robertson, Conein, and Pakse Base Man aka “Major Lopez”) at the corner of Main and Houston. Disregarding all other lookalikes in Dealey Plaza, it is hard to explain the evident presence of these three men aside from CIA complicity. What are your thoughts on this?

Ron

Jefferson

The source is Gabaldon, so stated by him and known to we his fellow

anti-Castro anti-Kennedy associates, re; Kennedy's June 1962 visit.

Guy Gabaldon, former U.S. Marine WW2, movie Hell to Eternity re; his

heroic deeds, now about age 80, ran for U.S. Congress 1964 {lost}.

1962/63 with finacial assists from others organized DAC, Drive against

Communism, leagued with John Birch Society leader{s} to become

DACA, Drive Against Communist Aggression, Southern California and

Mexico City..........

H. Dean

Hey Harry,

I hope all is well with you.

As you have mentioned before, Loran Hall was Gabaldon's campaign manager in 1964. And didn't Gabaldon help gather all the medical supplies for Hall, Howard and Celio Castro Alba (aka Juarito) to bring to Miami by way of Dallas? (Along with some weapons they picked up at Clint Wheat's house)

Dave

Hi, Dave

Yes Gabaldon and I picked up the medical supplies donated by several

doctors in Southern California.

Harry

Harry,

It seems to me that if Walker and other JBS-type right-wingers were behind the assassination, it had to be with the collaboration of U.S. intelligence. Evidence of the latter’s involvement includes the strong photographic evidence of CIA operatives (Robertson, Conein, and Pakse Base Man aka “Major Lopez”) at the corner of Main and Houston. Disregarding all other lookalikes in Dealey Plaza, it is hard to explain the evident presence of these three men aside from CIA complicity. What are your thoughts on this?

Ron

Ron

No doubt there were some former military as well as some civilian

persons in league with the Walker group anti-Kennedy actions. I do

not know if there was U.S. Intelligence agent collaboration? Known to

me was only of 'the phony CIA set up' previously mentioned.

Harry

Harry,

Thanks. On Gabaldon, as a matter of linguistic correctness, is his name pronounced GabalDOHN, or GaBALDon? I'm sure that it's the former in Spanish, but I suspect it may have been "Americanized" as the latter. (I'll bet it's GaBALDon in the movie, in which BTW he's portrayed as an Italian American, so I've read, instead of a Latino. So much for historical accuracy.)

Ron

Hi, Lee

write. One example is a publication called ' The Secret Papers Of Harry Dean', I received a copy of it from Gary Buell in 2004 and realized it and other such

writings by Morris were angry attempts to involve me, by placing his own words in

Harry

Thanks Mr. Dean.

John Simkin will need to update his Spartacus website, as that's where I had referenced these misquotes. There is another site, which appears to have been penned by a Michael Parks - is this info accurate? The piece I was most interested in concerned the cover-up.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/08-Parks-36-.../mparks.BTL3877

Start quote

In an exclusive interview granted to Valley Publications, former undercover

operative for the  FBI, Harry Dean, has stated that the John Birch

Society had a heavily armed network of citizen soldiers ready to take to

the streets in late 1963 and early 1964, if President Johnson and

Chief Justice Warren did not quickly find Lee Harvey Oswald (a supposed

communist sympathizer)  guilty of the murder of President Kennedy.  The

threat was delivered to Johnson and Warren, within a few days after the

assassination, by intelligence sources and by agents of the power

structure that eliminated the President. LBJ had the choice - nation-wide

internal strife or knuckling under to the threat and thereby giving this

minority force a position of recognition.

Johnson opted for the second choice.

Dean, an undercover operative for the FBI from 1960 to 1965, had been

assigned by the FBI to infiltrate the Birch Society.  In that role, he

was active in the Covina, (Calif.) chapter of  the JBS from 1962 through

1964.  During Dean's tour with the Society he states they planned

three major activities against John Kennedy: a planned assassination in

Mexico City in 1962 that  was called off: the assassination in Dallas;

and the threat against a thorough investigation.  In each case, according

to Harry Dean, Congressman John Rousselot (R-San Marino) was involved in

the planning.  Rousselot was Western Director of the John Birch Society

during the first half of the '60s.

During the years when Harry Dean had been acting as an active member

of the Covina Birch Society, the main meeting place for all the anti-Kennedy

activities was at a residence on San Pierre Street in El Monte.  The

Birchers were connected with anti-Castro Cubans, often mentioned

as assassination suspects, through the Drive Against Communist Aggression

(DACA).  The DACA was  an anti-Communist organization directed by members

of the JBS, which had attracted certain  Cubans who were in the Los

Angeles area during 1962-63, trying to enlist support for another

invasion of Castro controlled Cuba.  The DACA operated in Mexico as well as the U.S..  According

to Dean, World War II hero Guy (Gabby) Gabaldon was the Mexican Director, while Ray Flieshman of

Whittier was the U.S. Director.  Another active member of DACA and the Covina JBS, who had a

close relationship with Gabaldon, was Dave Robbins, who at the time (Î62-63), was a high ranking

employee of the Fluor Corporation.  (J. Robert Fluor and John Rousselot had been known to be

close political allies.)  In a number of different circumstances, Dean was able to determine

that Gabaldon, Robbins, Flieshman, and Rousselot had been involved in planning the aborted

assassination of JFK in Mexico City, June 1962.

Harry Dean had many occasions to observe and relate with much publicized Cuban-American Loran

Eugene Hall-aka Lorenzo Pacillo-aka Ship Hall and Laurence Howard-aka Alonzo Escuirdo.  Hall and

Howard had a close association with former General Edwin Walker, of Texas, whenever Walker

visited the Covina JBS.  Dean recalls specific meetings where Walker, Rousselot, Hall, Howard,

Gabaldon and himself (Dean) laid the plans to frame Lee Harvey Oswald, who they thought was a

communist, as the assassin.  Per Dean, Hall and Howard left the San Pierre Street house in

October 1963, with arms and medicines, and the plans to implicate Oswald.

The subject of eliminating President Kennedy was never discussed as a subject of the

Societyâs meetings, but Harry Dean claims the plans for the assassination were conceived in

small group meetings.  At one time or another Harry Dean was witness to the plans of the

assassination of JFK by different combinations of John Rousselot, Loran Hall, Laurance Howard,

Guy Gabaldon, Edwin Walker, Dave Robbins, Ray Fleishman, and not previously mentioned Covina JBS

members Ed Peters and Ed Butler.

According to Dean, the directions taken by John Kennedy were directly in opposition to the

John Birch Societyâs ultimate goals and they, in conjunction with DACA, took matters into their

own hands.  To protect exposure through an investigation, the Society sent threats of

nation-wide street warfare, to the administration via secret agents, who they were sure had

infiltrated the various radical and reactionary organizations throughout the U.S., if a speedy

and simple verdict was not the action.

I do not have the 'Measure-Countermeasure' film, I have only heard of it's existence :D - yet after many searches, turned up absolutely nothing - which isn't to say it didn't exist [like the Lake Ponchartain Cuban Exile training camp film] - but thus far, no corroborating data whatsoever.

- lee

Hi, Lee

Harry

Thanks Mr. Dean.

John Simkin will need to update his Spartacus website, as that's where I had referenced these misquotes. There is another site, which appears to have been penned by a Michael Parks - is this info accurate? The piece I was most interested in concerned the cover-up.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/08-Parks-36-.../mparks.BTL3877

Start quote

In an exclusive interview granted to Valley Publications, former undercover

operative for the  FBI, Harry Dean, has stated that the John Birch

Society had a heavily armed network of citizen soldiers ready to take to

the streets in late 1963 and early 1964, if President Johnson and

Chief Justice Warren did not quickly find Lee Harvey Oswald (a supposed

communist sympathizer)  guilty of the murder of President Kennedy.  The

threat was delivered to Johnson and Warren, within a few days after the

assassination, by intelligence sources and by agents of the power

structure that eliminated the President. LBJ had the choice - nation-wide

internal strife or knuckling under to the threat and thereby giving this

minority force a position of recognition.

Johnson opted for the second choice.

Dean, an undercover operative for the FBI from 1960 to 1965, had been

assigned by the FBI to infiltrate the Birch Society.  In that role, he

was active in the Covina, (Calif.) chapter of  the JBS from 1962 through

1964.  During Dean's tour with the Society he states they planned

three major activities against John Kennedy: a planned assassination in

Mexico City in 1962 that  was called off: the assassination in Dallas;

and the threat against a thorough investigation.  In each case, according

to Harry Dean, Congressman John Rousselot (R-San Marino) was involved in

the planning.  Rousselot was Western Director of the John Birch Society

during the first half of the '60s.

During the years when Harry Dean had been acting as an active member

of the Covina Birch Society, the main meeting place for all the anti-Kennedy

activities was at a residence on San Pierre Street in El Monte.  The

Birchers were connected with anti-Castro Cubans, often mentioned

as assassination suspects, through the Drive Against Communist Aggression

(DACA).  The DACA was  an anti-Communist organization directed by members

of the JBS, which had attracted certain  Cubans who were in the Los

Angeles area during 1962-63, trying to enlist support for another

invasion of Castro controlled Cuba.  The DACA operated in Mexico as well as the U.S..  According

to Dean, World War II hero Guy (Gabby) Gabaldon was the Mexican Director, while Ray Flieshman of

Whittier was the U.S. Director.  Another active member of DACA and the Covina JBS, who had a

close relationship with Gabaldon, was Dave Robbins, who at the time (Î62-63), was a high ranking

employee of the Fluor Corporation.  (J. Robert Fluor and John Rousselot had been known to be

close political allies.)  In a number of different circumstances, Dean was able to determine

that Gabaldon, Robbins, Flieshman, and Rousselot had been involved in planning the aborted

assassination of JFK in Mexico City, June 1962.

Harry Dean had many occasions to observe and relate with much publicized Cuban-American Loran

Eugene Hall-aka Lorenzo Pacillo-aka Ship Hall and Laurence Howard-aka Alonzo Escuirdo.  Hall and

Howard had a close association with former General Edwin Walker, of Texas, whenever Walker

visited the Covina JBS.  Dean recalls specific meetings where Walker, Rousselot, Hall, Howard,

Gabaldon and himself (Dean) laid the plans to frame Lee Harvey Oswald, who they thought was a

communist, as the assassin.  Per Dean, Hall and Howard left the San Pierre Street house in

October 1963, with arms and medicines, and the plans to implicate Oswald.

The subject of eliminating President Kennedy was never discussed as a subject of the

Societyâs meetings, but Harry Dean claims the plans for the assassination were conceived in

small group meetings.  At one time or another Harry Dean was witness to the plans of the

assassination of JFK by different combinations of John Rousselot, Loran Hall, Laurance Howard,

Guy Gabaldon, Edwin Walker, Dave Robbins, Ray Fleishman, and not previously mentioned Covina JBS

members Ed Peters and Ed Butler.

According to Dean, the directions taken by John Kennedy were directly in opposition to the

John Birch Societyâs ultimate goals and they, in conjunction with DACA, took matters into their

own hands.  To protect exposure through an investigation, the Society sent threats of

nation-wide street warfare, to the administration via secret agents, who they were sure had

infiltrated the various radical and reactionary organizations throughout the U.S., if a speedy

and simple verdict was not the action.

I do not have the 'Measure-Countermeasure' film, I have only heard of it's existence :D - yet after many searches, turned up absolutely nothing - which isn't to say it didn't exist [like the Lake Ponchartain Cuban Exile training camp film] - but thus far, no corroborating data whatsoever.

- lee

[/quote

Lee

The artical is 95% correct, the date not recalled. It was likely late 1964 when

I was attempting to expose my cover, so the Bureau would lay-off as I no longer

wished to associate with them. They were super angry about the story. Warned

I must not appear on The Joe Pyne Show in Los Angeles to further expose and avoid the Bureau connection I went on, first Pyne's radio show { with the mother

of Oswald whom I had arranged to later appear} on his TV show.

The Bureau, even though we had later contacts even after 1965 up to the last

in 1969 was extremely nasty re; my betrayal.

Harry

Harry

"Edwin A. Walker, removed from command and forced into retirement by the Kennedy administration,was acting on his own behalf,as much as for the 'new Americanist order' that he served in both military and civilian life. Walker was more than a leader of ultra-conservatism. He was an arrogant, powerless, but explosive force, enjoying the praise of his LDS/JBS co-conspirators and followers. When Kennedy entered Texas, his life was in the deadly hands of 'extremist veteran riflemen' of Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!

Harry Dean, 1990"

Why do you suppose Walker did not suggest the use of former members of the 99th Battalion (over 100 became OSS Agents including William Colby), FSSF members (many went on to be covert operatives for the CIA) or members of the Korean War Rangers "as Gerry Hemming suggests) which Walker trained? It seems that Walker would have known of many better trained 'extremist veteran riflemen' than those found in, "Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!"

Just a thought.

Jim Root

Harry

"Edwin A. Walker, removed from command and forced into retirement by the Kennedy administration,was acting on his own behalf,as much as for the 'new Americanist order' that he served in both military and civilian life. Walker was more than a leader of ultra-conservatism. He was an arrogant, powerless, but explosive force, enjoying the praise of his LDS/JBS co-conspirators and followers. When Kennedy entered Texas, his life was in the deadly hands of 'extremist veteran riflemen' of Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!

Harry Dean, 1990"

Why do you suppose Walker did not suggest the use of former members of the 99th Battalion (over 100 became OSS Agents including William Colby), FSSF members (many went on to be covert operatives for the CIA) or members of the Korean War Rangers "as Gerry Hemming suggests) which Walker trained?  It seems that Walker would have known of many better trained 'extremist veteran riflemen' than those found in, "Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!"

Just a thought.

Jim Root

Jim,

Inside Walker's 24th, Munich command, was a highly trained 'team' of winning,

and unbeatable, expert riflemen. Some who shared Walker's political views.

Harry

John Simkin will need to update his Spartacus website, as that's where I had referenced these misquotes. 

Harry,

I am very keen to get my page on you as accurate as possible (it has the highest ranking at Google). I would be grateful if you could post on this Forum (or by email) an accurate and more detailed biography.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKdeanH.htm

It would also help me if you could answer the following questions:

(1) Is Harry Dean your real name?

(2) Could you provide me with the place and date of your birth?

(3) Could you tell me something of your early life?

(4) What year did you join the 26th Of July Movement? Did you join it as a spy or as a committed supporter? If you were a spy, who were you working for?

(5) Did you join the John Birch Society as an FBI agent or were you a supporter of its ideology?

(6) Were you involved in talks with Edwin Walker and John Rousselot about plans to frame Oswald? Or did you only find out about it via Harry Gabaldon?

(7) You say that JFK was killed by the “deadly hands of 'extremist veteran riflemen' of Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!” Larrie Schmidt and Bernard Weissman, two of Walker’s former men were in Dallas on the day JFK was killed. Could they have been the two shooters?

(8) Is it right that the original plan was to kill Kennedy at the Trade Mart and that was changed at the last moment?

(9) What do you think of Judyth Vary Baker? It seems that her story could be based partly on what you told W. R. Morris.

(10) Could you tell me something of your life since 1963?

John Simkin will need to update his Spartacus website, as that's where I had referenced these misquotes. 

Harry,

I am very keen to get my page on you as accurate as possible (it has the highest ranking at Google). I would be grateful if you could post on this Forum (or by email) an accurate and more detailed biography.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKdeanH.htm

It would also help me if you could answer the following questions:

(1) Is Harry Dean your real name?

(2) Could you provide me with the place and date of your birth?

(3) Could you tell me something of your early life?

(4) What year did you join the 26th Of July Movement? Did you join it as a spy or as a committed supporter? If you were a spy, who were you working for?

(5) Did you join the John Birch Society as an FBI agent or were you a supporter of its ideology?

(6) Were you involved in talks with Edwin Walker and John Rousselot about plans to frame Oswald? Or did you only find out about it via Harry Gabaldon?

(7) You say that JFK was killed by the “deadly hands of 'extremist veteran riflemen' of Walkers former Munich, Germany 24th infantry command!” Larrie Schmidt and Bernard Weissman, two of Walker’s former men were in Dallas on the day JFK was killed. Could they have been the two shooters?

(8) Is it right that the original plan was to kill Kennedy at the Trade Mart and that was changed at the last moment?

(9) What do you think of Judyth Vary Baker? It seems that her story could be based partly on what you told W. R. Morris.

(10) Could you tell me something of your life since 1963?

Hi John,

I have just dug up the CD of YROJ Connection and will mail it, when you

shoot me an address. Rich may still have some copies laying around, at

jfkresearch.com/forum ?

I can answer some questions you have ask here. The rest must come

from the CD.

{1}Yes my real name is Harry J. Dean II

{2} I became a United States Citizen at birth, through my American

father. He was from the State of Michigan. Upon being made aware by

him, of my U.S. citizenship at age 15 years, I moved from Canada to

Michigan.

{3} I Grew up in a somewhat anti-American society that was hurtful for my parents. My mother was a proud product of what then was British-Canada.

They both quietly suffered the thinly veiled resentment of her countrymen.

{4}I joined the Cuban Revolutionary Movement as a humanitarian supporter

in early 1958 and remained so until 1960. Turning against Castro in that year.

{5}Yes, being a Conservative Republican, I became a supporter of The

John Birch Society.

{6} Yes, I was involved in conversations with, John Rousselot, General E.A.

Walker, Guy Gabaldon and others on separate occassions.

{7} I do not know if Larrie Schmidt, and Bernard Weissman were involved

as JFK shooters.

{8} The answer re; the Trade Mart is explained on YROJ, CD

{9} I received two calls from Judyth Baker in 2004 for a copy of the Manuscipt/book to be placed in a museum in Holland. No copies were available.

I cannot comment on Ms. Baker but have followed her battle on your Forum.

Re; W.R. Morris, I discovered, that he has put his words in my mouth, and

made a daring adventurer of me.

{10} Life after the five year involvement in political spying 1960/65 finally

became, 'somewhat' normal.

Harry

Thank you for those answers. Just a few questions to completely clarify the situation.

Michigan.

Were you born in Cuba?

What was the date?

If your family were living in Cuba, what was the reason?

When did you move to Canada?

Were you living in Cuba at the time? If so, why were you there?

(7) I do not know if Larrie Schmidt, and Bernard Weissman were involved

as JFK shooters.

Did you ever hear these names before in your group? Have you got any idea of the names of the gunmen?

Thank you for those answers. Just a few questions to completely clarify the situation.

Michigan.

Were you born in Cuba?

What was the date?

If your family were living in Cuba, what was the reason?

When did you move to Canada?

Were you living in Cuba at the time? If so, why were you there?

(7) I do not know if Larrie Schmidt, and Bernard Weissman were involved

as JFK shooters.

Did you ever hear these names before in your group? Have you got any idea of the names of the gunmen?

John,

{1} I was born in Canada 1927, {as a United States Citizen at birth, through

my American father}. and lived there to age 15 years.

{2} None of my family lived in Cuba.

{3} I entered Cuba in mid-1960 to gather information for U.S. Intelligence,

resulting from my having apparently solid Cuban credentials as a member

of Castro's 26th Of July Movement in the United States.

{4} I did not know of Larrie Schmidt, or Bernard Weissman at any time

before the Dallas tragedy. JBS members were instructed ' to act as

individuals' so as not to directly involve the JBS in their actions.

{5} I do not know the names of Dallas gunmen.

Harry

{ will mail out the last and only CD 18 July}