The Education Forum

George Demohrenschildt

Guest Tom Scully

It is via Cassini's "Cholly Knickerbocker" Hearst syndicated society columns that I found the most information on James K. Cogswell III's second wife, Joan Rice Farish. Here she is at a party at the home of Joseph F Dryer, with her husband, Parker S. Quillen, and her ex in attendance, Ralph Demers.

Igor Cassini's first wife, Austine, married William Randolph Hearst, Jr, and Cassini hired Liz Smith, late 1950's to early 1960's, to ghost write his Cholly Knickerbocker column.

Since we are posting on George De's thread, I'll close with info on the recent death of Col. Lawrence Orlov's son's mother-in-law, Phoebe Adams, retired civilian USAF employee at Kirtland AFB, NM. Orlov's son is retired Col. William "Sam" Orlov.

I've found that Col. Lawrence Orlov founded a business in 1927 in Wink, TX, with Sam "Skipper" Weiner, founder of Texas Crude, Inc.:

http://books.google.com/books?id=oXOnaWM4NBMC&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=weiner+lawrence+orlov+1927&source=bl&ots=c9zunAicIy&sig=73NMdWwYNSTNrXbMRfLao074eUM&hl=en&ei=yTF5Tbi2MfCP0QHn1aDVAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=weiner%20lawrence%20orlov%201927&f=false

Lone stars of David: the Jews of Texas - Google Books Result

Hollace Ava Weiner, Kenneth Roseman, Texas Jewish Historical Society - 2007 - History - 308 pages

It was to be one of the few times Sam Weiner would find himself in a synagogue. ... Westerly Supply Company with a partner, Colonel Lawrence Orlov, in 1927. .

Edited by Tom Scully

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is via Cassini's "Cholly Knickerbocker" Hearst syndicated society columns that I found the most information on James K. Cogswell III's second wife, Joan Rice Farish. Here she is at a party at the home of Joseph F Dryer, with her husband, Parker S. Quillen, and her ex in attendance, Ralph Demers.

Igor Cassini's first wife, Austine, married William Randolph Hearst, Jr, and Cassini hired Liz Smith, late 1950's to early 1960's, to ghost write his Cholly Knickerbocker column.

Since we are posting on George De's thread, I'll close with info on the recent death of Col. Lawrence Orlov's son's mother-in-law, Phoebe Adams, retired civilian USAF employee at Kirtland AFB, NM. Orlov's son is retired Col. William "Sam" Orlov.

I've found that Col. Lawrence Orlov founded a business in 1927 in Wink, TX, with Sam "Skipper" Weiner, founder of Texas Crude, Inc.:

http://books.google....%201927&f=false

Lone stars of David: the Jews of Texas - Google Books Result

Hollace Ava Weiner, Kenneth Roseman, Texas Jewish Historical Society - 2007 - History - 308 pages

It was to be one of the few times Sam Weiner would find himself in a synagogue. ... Westerly Supply Company with a partner, Colonel Lawrence Orlov, in 1927. .

The real questions that should be asked are was one of LBJ's many attorney's in this case

John D. Cofer, possibly a "distant relative of the Cassini/Jack Ruby connection George F. Cofer?

and even if he wasn't there's that fraternity thing......

November 15, 1963

Rites Planned Saturday for William Cofer

Funeral services for William F. Cofer, 40, of 1515

Driftwood, credit-manager of Neiman Marcus

will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday in the Lamar

and Smith Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in

Laurel Land Memorial Park.

Mr. Cofer, who died here Thursday, had been with

Neiman-Marcus for 17 years.

A graduate of Southern Methodist University,

he became credit manager at Neiman's in 1951.

He was a member of the

Kappa Sigma Alumni Association and the

Glen Oaks Methodist Church and was a past president

of the Dallas Retail Managers Association. He was an associate

Methodist District lay leader and a board of stewards member at

Glen Oaks Methodist Church.

Survivors: Wife, three daughters, Miss Carol Cofer,

Miss Janet Cofer, and Cynthia Cofer of Dallas;

a son, Frank Cofer of Dallas; his father William F. Cofer

of Dallas, and two sisters, Miss Marjorie Duvall of Dallas

and Mrs. Mary Ann Sneed of Dallas

Of course, Kappa Sigma has an underlying sigificance

in the strange world of poltical skullduggery. Author

Peter Brewton, chanced upon a slew of interesting alumni

of Kappa Sigma. In fact, Brewton devoted an entire chapter

on it entitled "The Boys of Kappa Sigma."

See Chapter 10 pages 140-153

The Mafia, CIA and George Bush

Robert: The book, took a lot of courage to write, in another time or place

the author might have had more to be concerned about than

following the sales of his opus.

But insofar as Kappa Sigma goes, the key points to remember

are that in 1956 "the grand master of the fraternity was Joe Russo

from Houston" who is about as elite in the big-business world

as it gets. His fraternity of brothers include the late

Nelson Bunker Hunt [1944], Frank Erwin and famed Houston

heart surgeon Dr. Denton Cooley, "who was the fraternity's

grand master of ceremonies in 1941. That same year Frank Erwin

was the grand treasurer."

Name: William Frank Cofer

Death Date: 14 Nov 1963

Death Place: Dallas, Dallas, Texas

Race: White

Death Age: 40 years

Estimated Birth Date:

Birth Date: 18 Mar 1923

Birthplace: Dallas, Texas

Marital Status: Married

Spouse's Name:

Father's Name: William F. Cofer

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Name: Edna Skillern

Mother's Birthplace:

Place of Residence: Dallas, Dallas, Texas

Cemetery: Laurel Land

Burial Place: Dallas, Texas

Burial Date: 16 Nov 1963

Additional Relatives:

Film Number: 2117353

Digital Film Number: 4032367

Image Number: 741

Reference Number: 68702

I also believe the esteemed Greg Parker

did a little digging re Cofer and Alfred Davidson, Jr.

Edited by Robert Howard

Dgrees of separation:

George Demohrenschildt's brother Demitri was closely associated with Whitney Shepardson who was the leader of Special Intelligence during WWII and a close associate of John J. McCloy. From what I can gather SI was controlled by Richard Helms when it was folded into the new CIA....Richard Helms would be monitoring the movements of Lee Harvey Oswald with FBI assets begining....when George Demohrenschildt leaves the Dallas scene shortly after the assassination attempt on Edwin Walker. Remember it was Whitney Shepardson who, in June of 1959, was gathering information for Richard Helms on prior (WWII) assets in Helsinki, Finland for what Wilho Tikander (former Stockholm Station Chief OSS) believed would be an off track intelligence operation going through Helsinki in the next few months (Oswald would be in Helsinki, October, 1959).

Jim Root

Edited by Jim Root

Dgrees of separation:

George Demohrenschildt's brother Demitri was closely associated with Whitney Shepardson who was the leader of Special Intelligence during WWII and a close associate of John J. McCloy. From what I can gather SI was controlled by Richard Helms when it was folded into the new CIA....Richard Helms would be monitoring the movements of Lee Harvey Oswald with FBI assets begining....when George Demohrenschildt leaves the Dallas scene shortly after the assassination attempt on Edwin Walker. Remember it was Whitney Shepardson who, in June of 1959, was gathering information for Richard Helms on prior (WWII) assets in Helsinki, Finland for what Wilho Tikander (former Stockholm Station Chief OSS) believed would be an off track intelligence operation going through Helsinki in the next few months (Oswald would be in Helsinki, October, 1959).

Jim Root

One of my big frustrations re DEMOHRENSCHILDT and brother Dimitri has been trying to verify the accuracy of research re Bruce Campbell Adamson.

Now it looks as if there is a very significant alternative; unbeknownst to me, the Warren Commission supporting documents are rife with information re a multitude of associates of George, his wives, Dimitri, etc.

Example See

below

Commission Document 535 - FBI Morrissey Report of 28 Feb 1964 re: DeMohrenschildts pg 1 & 45

Mrs Wynne Sharples Denton, former wife of subject, who indicated subject [DE MOHRENSCHILDT] associated with known homosexual she describes his as irresponsible; childish unreliable, poor reputation, sexually promiscuous prior to marriage;

resentful of rich and successful people and a person who might participate in a revolution for the fun of it.

http://www.maryferre...934&relPageId=2

Information on brother DIMITRI, WF T-1 reported 1958 one GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT tried to meet with Dominican Ambassador DE MOYA.......

"DIMITII DJORDJADZE Representative Christie Mitchell Oil Company Fidelity Union Life Building "I first met GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT in July 1956. He was at that time self employed in the oil-business and had an office in ther Republic National Bank Building

http://www.maryferre...34&relPageId=78

page 64 Jeanne Legon plans to fly Air France to France, Milan and London for Daniel Millstein

http://www.maryferre...34&relPageId=66

Commission Document 543 - FBI McHugh Report of 03 Mar 1964 re: George DeMohrenschildt

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=10942

page 1

George D. Mitchell who accompanied George DeMohrenschildt to Yugoslavia, sponsored by the International Cooperation Administration, U. S. State Department during 1957, advised he was not too well acquainted with DE MOHRENSCHILDT and furnished limited information regarding DE MOHRENSCHILDT's background.

Result of check of records of the Hoover Institute Stanford University Palo Alto California where DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT did research work in Summer of 1947 set forth.

DETAIL Information set forth below was furnished to SA's Perry W. Moothart and John P. McHugh on Febraury 28, 1964

by GEORGE D. MITCHELL, Seismologist, Room 565-A Earth Science Building, University of California, Berkeley, California,

who resides at 226 Carquinez Ave., El Cerrito, California.

Mitchell stated he was not too well acquainted with DE MOHRENSCHILDT but knew him from a trip they both made to

Yugoslavia in 1957.

This trip was sponsored by the International Cooperation Administration of the U. S. State Department and was for the purpose of doing oil consultant work for the Yugoslavian government.

At the time he was approached by the Department of State for the aforementioned trip, MITCHELL was a resident of Dallas, Texas, and DE MOHRENSCHILDT was also a resident of that city where he was self-employed as a petroleum engineer.

They actually left for Yugoslavia sometime around the first week of February, 1957 and prior to that time met about four or five times in Dallas discussing prospects for the trip and arrangements for same to be made with the Department of State. MITCHELL had not known DE MOHRENSCHILDT prior to that time. When MITCHELL met DE MOHRENSCHILDT initially, he understood that he was divorced, that his wife was a medical doctor, and that they had one child who was ill with some sort of a blood complication. He related that he had never met DE MOHRENSCHILDT's wife or child.........

Mitchell explained that while he and DeMohrenschildt were in Yugoslavia, they did not have extensive contact with each other.

In addition DeMohrenschildt mentioned that he had spent time in Bled, Yugoslavia, prior to travels there with Mitchell in 1957

RE DMITRI S. von MOHRENSCHILDT

The following investigation was conducted by SA TROY F WILDER RE DMITRI S von MOHPENSCHILDT Records of Hoover Institute on Records on War Revolution and Peace (Institute) made available on February 28, 1964, by Mrs. Winifred Teague, clerk, reflect the following information concerning DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT.

end page 4

In a letter dated October 14 1946 DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT wrote to the Institute identifying himself as Managing Editor of the "Russian Review at Dartmouth College and expressed an interest in a possible Rockefeller Scholarship in Slavic studies. The Institute received another

letter dated........

Professor Herbert F. West, Chairman of Department of Comparative Literature, Dartmouth

Arthur T. Coleman recommended Mohrenschildt as a first class scholar;

end page 5

Professor ERNEST HUNTER WRIGHT Columbia University Department of English in letter dated March 31 1947, recommended DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT highly and commented that DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT did graduate work at Yale.

........took place in 1917 SF T-1 added that he sees DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT is a former Czarist Naval officer and is completely reliable and strongly anti-Communist. He said he fled the Soviet Union when the Communist Revolution. SF T-1 added that he sees DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT every two or three years when they attend the American Historical Association Convention which is held in various cities in the United States.DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT would visit with a Dr. Judith Tyberg, 1162 North Street Andrews Place, Los Angeles, California SF T-1 recalled learned form him at that time that he had given up his position as editor of the "Russian Review" and was then devoting time to conducting research concerning India.

Commission Document 547 - FBI Letterhead Memorandum of 06 Mar 1964 re; DeMohrenschildts...Check on George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt with France's Surete Nationale [French National Police], and Direction de la Surveillance du Territoire [French Counter-Intelligence] with negative results.

So, with some of Adamson's information, corroborated to a degree, it might be interesting to reflect on what he alleged and reflect on the implications.

Adamson basically stated that the American foreign policy network in the 1950's was dominated, or, at least included

W H Chamberlin, the Russian Review, and Allen Dulles, among others relationships with this apparatus.

William F Buckley and YAF are also players, as are AMCOMLIB ie Radio Liberty.

The picture he paints is that the Eisenhower-era foreign policy nexus was to some degree, dominated by this group,

correct me if I am misstating.........

Of course the laundry list of Bruce Campbell Adamson's cast of characters is literally dozens of names....

One of whom is Cholly Knickerbocker, Igor Cassini was the second Cholly Knickerbocker, a Hearst newspaper

pseudonym....

See

*Knickerbocker, Cholly. [This was the pen name of two journalists. It was first used by Maury Henry Biddle Paul (1880-1942), who was the society editor of the New York Evening Mail (1918-1923), the New York American (1919-1937), and the New York Journal-American (1937-1942). But the Knickerbocker in Islands is probably Igor Loienaski Cassini (1915—), whose gossip column about the rich and famous was syndicated in more than fifty Hearst newspapers. This Cholly Knickerbocker was also known as the "Boswell of the Jet Set."] 19 Audrey Bruce had read Cholly Knickerbocker's report that Hollywood scriptwriter Roger Davis is preparing "to write a . . . great novel" (191; see endnote 1). Kraut. [German for herb, plant, cabbage. English slang for German (pejorative).] Hudson refers to the Germans (q.v.) as Krauts. Willie calls their language "Kraut" (442).

I recently found a document re Mr. Cassini that I believe is very significant in relation to his troubles after being indicted

for failing to register as an agent of the Dominican Republic, Oleg Cassini was responsible for sending Alfred Davidson, Jr

to Dallas before the assassination where William F. Cofer, Jr. put him in touch via telephone probably with....Jack Ruby

On November 15, 1963 Cofer died.....Getting back to Igor, he was among other things, a golf partner of Allen Dulles.

from Luis Posada files

124-90158-10003

NO TITLE [igor Cassini] January 30, 1943

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=138604

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-90158-10003

RECORDS SERIES : HQ

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : CR 62-60303-23

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

TO : HQ

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 01/30/1943

PAGES : 2

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LUIS POSADA; IGOR CASSINI

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 12/08/1998

COMMENTS : LET

Assistant Director

RE IGOR CASSINI ESPIONAGE - G.

In line with your telephone conversation with me on January 29 1943 there is being set out below a description and digest of the various papers, memoranda and other material found among the effects of the above named subject, which were seized for examination by the U.S.Customs Service upon the subject's entry into the United States on January 29, 1943.

1. Copy of a letter from subject to Mr. Sprulle Braden, United States Ambassador at Havana, dated January 29, 1942 in which IGOR complains that he has been unjustly accused of having voiced un-American feeling and having expressed sentiment against members of the United States government. He denies such accusations and goes on to say, "since you have been so frank with me Mr. Ambassador, I permit myself to tell you with equal sincerity that I also heard stories about members of your own Embassy and the Cuban government. These stories were repeated to me by people of good reputation. One of these stories concerning yourself, Mr. Ambassador was that General BENITEZ was very close to you because

he hoped in the help of the United States Government to make him President of Cuba, but naturally I would never have permitted myself to take such stories into consideration or print them first without consulting your Excellency. The way it was, I thought those stores were nothing but bolas."

2. A dues card of the American Newspaper Guild in the name of the subject, bearing number 1794, issued March 12, 1942.

3. A copy of a book, "A GUIDE TO THE LANGUAGES OF EUROPE," by Archibald Lyall.

4. A book entitled "BATISTA" by ALBERTO ARREDONDO.

5. Subject's Selective Service Classification card from Local Board #2,

Washington D.C., placing him in Class 3-A, together with a permit to leave the country Dec. 28, 1942

6. A single license plate with the caption "Cuba Deportiva" with a number

which appears to be "06ND."

COPIES DESTROYED

136 Oct 29, 1964

There were also found among Subjects effects the following items which appeared in the Spanish language, and upon translation, are as follows:

A fifteen day membership in the Havana Yacht Club granted to L. IGOR CASSINI and his wife.

Letters of introduction on behalf of CASSINI written by AURELIO F CONCHESA

to Dr RAUL MAESTRI of the Diario de la Marina Havana;

GENERAL FRANCISCO TABERNELLA, Forteleza de la Cabana, Havana;

Dr. GUSTAVO CUERVO RUBIO, Vice President of the Republic 21, and N Vedado, Havana.

Dr. ANDREW DOMINGO Y MORALES DEL CASTILLO, Secretary to the President, Havana.

Comodora JULIO DE ARGUELLES Chief of Naval Operations (Jefe de la Marina de la Guerra) (Castillo de la Punta) Havana;

General MANUEL BENITEZ, Chief of the National Police, Cuba

Dr. CARLOS SALADRIGAS, Senator for Havana, Capitol Havana,

Dr. Pedro Que, Director of "The World," Havana;

stating that Mr. Cassini is to be in Havana for ten or twelve days to study the country for the purpose

of writing articles for the Times Herald.

News clipping in which CASSINI praises the Diario for sending candy to American soldiers.

An account in a social column of an entertainment given in honor of

Mr. and Mrs. Cassini at the National Hotel, Havana.

Picture of Mrs. Cassini.

A news story of various dinners held in honor of Mr. and Mrs Cassini. It is noted that JAIME MARINE,

Director of Propaganda and Political Affairs, and his wife, and Dr. LUIS DE POSADA of the Diario de la Marina are present.

Other newspaper articles consisting of pictures and articles concerning Mr. and Mrs. Cassini and their reception by the

social circles of Havana during their visit there.

The following are calling cards are in the possession of Mr. Cassini.

ALFREDO T. QUILEZ, Director of "Carteles", Havana.

Mrs. LIUIS FELIPE ESTRADA, The Mission Country Club, Havana.

JOSE MANUEL LARA, Secretary of the Cuban Embassy.

Dr. MIGUEL RECAREY, 26 N. 60th, between Fifth and Seventh Ave. Miramar;

EMILIO BACARDI LAY, Empire Building, New York. MR. ESTRADA.

Dr ABELARDO MORENO, Secrtetary of the Facility of Science, University of Havana, Cuba.

RIF#: 124-90158-10003 (01/30/43) FBI#: CR 62-60303-23

END

(If you were wondering who the President of Cuba was in 1943; since he was practically the only

government official not listed it was....Fulgencio Batista.

Getting back to George DeMohrenschildt, [and it should be added that one cannot begin to cover

the Dominican Republic angle in the JFK Assassination without mentioning Porforio Rubirosa; his cousin was a suspect in the kidnapping and murder of Jesus de Galindez.....]

http://www.nypress.c...indez-case.html

Ironically, Porfirio Rubirosa's name was allegedly dropped by George DeMohrneschildt in a conversation with Lee Harvey Oswald, although in a purely humorous context, if George'

I am a Patsy, manuscript can be trusted.

Lee was frequently critical of the United States and this was understandable considering his poor and sad childhood in New Orleans, Texas and New York. But also there was some logic in his arguments.

"America is a racist society from its very origin. The arrival of the pilgrims and elimination of the Indians. United States is dishonest country because it's based on the spoliation of its rightful owners. This country is based of hate and intolerance. And finally," concluded Lee, "I think American Anglos hate this country because they ruined it to such an extent. Just look around - ugliness and polution.

"You exaggerate, Lee, " I argued, "There are lovely places in each town."

"The plastic ghettos of the rich, you call them lovely," he answered angrily.

"In this country of great economic wealth, the jobs are hard to find even in times of prosperity. In depression, it's awful."

"One thing you are right about," I said, "there are few happy people here. I remember an old joke: 'in America the poor get poorer, and the rich get..Porfirio Rubirosa."

He did not laugh, Lee probably did not know who Porfirio Rubirosa was.

END

more

Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words

page 358

Kennedy: In 61' we started an investigation. We had a lot of information that people in Congress

were getting money from the sugar interests in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere. We made a

major investigation of it. We came up with some names but we were never able to prove it.

Martin: Your only indictment was Cassini. Is that right? [igor Cassini allegedly accepted payments

from the Trujillo regime in the Dominican Republic. Investigated by the FBI by order of Robert

Kennedy, Cassini ultimately pleaded nolo contendre to four counts of failure to register as an agent

of the Dominican Republic and paid a $10,000 fine]

Kennedy: Yes, but this didn't come out in this investigation.

Martin: Oh, it came out later as an unregistered foreign agent. At that time [New York Times

correspondent] Tad Szulc published a story saying that [igor] Cassini and Bob Murphy

had gone down to the Dominican Republic after your father had told Cassini that the Communists

might take over after Trujillo fell. They'd done this before Trujillo was killed. They'd gone down

just before the assassinatioon of Trujillo, about four months before, I think— no, about six weeks

before. The White House confirmed this. Do you remember?

Kennedy: I was involved in all of that.

Martin: You were?

Kennedy Yes.

Martin: In other words, Cassini made it seem that he was much closer to your father than he really was?

Kennedy: Yes, as I say I don't think he was ever in the house. He certainly wasn't at any meal.

Now I don't know whether he came to the house, I think he talked to my father . . . .

Martin: Now he was married, wasn't he, to [oil baron Charles Wrightman's daughter [Charlene]?

And she later committed suicide. This was a terrible story, this whole thing

Kennedy: It is terrible It was too bad. She had a difficult time because he was so odd.

Her father cut her off, and wouldn't help her. Then [when Igor Cassini] got into difficulty with me

and with the Department of Justice, [Wrightsman] wouldn't help them with the legal bills,

so that his brother ended up paying the legal bills. The President liked his brother.

Martin: That's Oleg the dress designer

later......

Martin: Cassini?

Robert Kennedy: Yes, . . . . As a matter of fact, the only investigation I've ever called off since I've been Attorney

General I called off on Cassini because his brother came down and swore to me— and then swore to Bob Murphy—

that [igor] wasn't involved in this, that he wasn't getting any money. You see, I'd heard a rumor of that. And [igor]

said, "I've performed this function, you know with Murphy. And then I come back and somebody starts a rumor,

and you start an investigation"— we had carried on the investigation for six weeks or so and didn't come up with

anything—"and you carry on this investigation, and it's hurting me with my papers. It's hurting me with

everybody else that's associated with me!" Which is all understandable

So I notified the FBI not to continue with it. . . . . Finally I went back into it. I got some more information,

and I went back into it.

Martin: Was this later when the [senate Foreign Relations] Fulbright Committee began investigating?

Kennedy: We had something before that.

Martin: When [committee investigator Walter] Pincus went down?

Kennedy: When Pincus went down, he had some information.

Martin: You sent a couple of people down to my embassy, and then Pincus came down

here from the Fulbright Committee. I had more damn investigators than I had attachés.

Kennedy: I don't know how it was that we came up with some material, but we came up with the material

about this thing.

Martin: I think I got your fellows into the palace files down there, Bob. I think that's what it was.

And I sent you something myself.

Kennedy: Some material. That's right.

Martin: I got a CIA fellow to pull that file for you.

Kennedy: I felt really fooled [igor Cassini] had not only been playing with his own future, but with the integrity

of the government— the integrity of the President, and mine and everything else. So I was going to prosecute him

and I told him that. I mean, I never— I could never forgive him. I didn't care whether they registered or not. But it

was a bad situation. It was an unpleasant one too.

selected excerpts pages 358-361

Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words The Unpublished Recollections of the Kennedy Years - Robert Kennedy - Bantam Trade Paperback -1988

John Bartlow Martin 1915-1987

was born in Hamilton, Ohio and was the US Ambassador to the Dominican Republic

from 1962 to 1964. In 1968, he worked for Senator Robert F. Kennedy until his

assassination on June 4, 1968, after being named the winner in the California

Democratic Primary.

cut-out - An individual within an espionage network who enables other officers or agents to remain anonymous;

an important element. Often, either a principal or lesser cut out is used, with the principal making hiring and

firing decisions and protecting the network leader and the lesser simply acting as an intermediary.

Was Igor Cassini a cut-out?

More

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Loran Eugene Hall

NO TITLE excerpts pgs 4-8

MM T-1 is MM [redacted] -S 134[redacted] 694 and 692

MM T-2 is MM [redacted] -C who was used to characterize

LARRY DE JOSEPH

MM T-3 is PSI redacted

who was used to characterize FELIPE VIDAL

MM T-4 is Jose Aleman 105-1597-561

Scott-Bryan Apartment Hotel,

3300 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida

who furnished the information to SA George Davis, Jr........

page 5

On 3/4/63 MM T-1 advised of a plan by a group of Haitian exiles headed by ROGER RIGAUD to conduct a seaborne

raid on the north coast of Haiti, near [sic] Por Hatien. RIGAUD planned to come to Miami to implement plan.

Raid was to be staged near Bahamas, so as not to violate U.S. Law. The main reason for the raid was to obtain publicity

and raise money for RIGAUD’s group which has backing of PAUL MAGLIORE, former Haitian President.

RIGAUD expected to receive aid by Cuban exiles in Miami. MM T-1 subsequently advised ROGER RIGAUD

arrived in Miami on 3/7/63. He discussed Haitian situation and outlined his platform for reform in Haiti.

He said he had contact with Haitian desk of U. S. State Department recently, and his group had made great inroads

with U.S. government in past month. RIGAUD was in contact in Miami with FRANCISCO SARALEGUI, publisher of

“Bohemian Libre” and through SARALEGUI was to make contact with JUAN BOSCH, president of Dominican

Republic.

MM T-1 learned RIGAUD made top-secret agreement with Cuban exiles, whereby in return for aid received

he would permit them to set up a Government In Exile in Haiti from which operations could be conducted against

FIDEL CASTRO.

page 7

RIGAUD plans to see two unidentified U. S. congressmen in Washington on March 5, 1963 to discuss his

over all plans to overthrow PRESIDENT DUVALIER of Haiti.

[Robert: It is important to understand the Kennedy Administration policy with regard to Haiti; author of

Papa Doc: The Truth About Haiti Today, noted that ”In Washington, the United States made it clear that it did not

consider the April, 1961 [Haitian] election legal and that it felt Duvalier’s constitutional term would end May 15, 1963;

it became an open confrontation between Duvalier and the Kennedy administration”

so, in a very real sense the clock was ticking

see pages 170, 176 Papa Doc: The Truth About Haiti Today - Bernard Diedrich and Al Burt]

page 8

On September 18, 1961 Robert Emmett Johnson advised special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Miami

that he had been employed as Foreign Affairs Analyst for Dominican Republic leader Generalissimo TRUJILLO, who was

assassinated May 30, 1961. JOHNSON had this position from 1956 to 1960.

As of that time JOHNSON stated that he was employed by the International Service of Information Foundation of

Baltimore Maryland 23 West 23rd Street Baltimore which he described as an independent intelligence-gathering

organization operated by ULIUS AMOS a former Chief of Staff in the United States Air Force.

On March 8, 1963, MM T-1 advised that ROGER RIGAUD, a leader of the Parti National Haiten (PNH), arrived in Miami

on March 7, 1963. He is staying at the residence of LARRY DE JOSEPH at Sweetwater, Florida., a suburb of Miami, exact

address unknown.

On August 31, 1962, MM T-2 advised that LARRY DE JOSEPH claims to be have been an employee in Havana, Cuba

of SANTOS TRAFFICANTE, well-known Tampa Florida hoodlum who had large gambling interests in Cuba during

the BATISTA regime. DE JOSEPH worked in the Sans Souci gambling casino in Havana for TRAFFICANTE.

On August 29, Mr. WILLIAM KENNEY Departmental Attorney, United States Department of Justice, advised that

LARRY DE JOSEPH was fronting for SANTOS TRAFFICANTE and others in a deal with the Guatemalan

Government, in which a hotel with a gambling casino would be constructed in Guatemala. In return for gambling

rights, the Trafficante group would construct a public housing project in Guatemala.

http://www.maryferre...603&relPageId=4

RIF#: 124-10217-10070 (04/08/63) FBI#: CR 2-1748-76

"The World's Leading Private Eye"

ULIUS AMOSS DIES RAN SPY NETWORK

Ex-Officer Led World-Wide Private Intelligence Service Baltimore Nov 9 (AP) (1961)

Ulius L. Amoss, a colonel in the Air Force Reserve who operated a private international spy network died

here today in his home. He was 67 years old.

Mr. Amoss, once described as "the world's leading private eye" operated the intelligence service

from his office here. Some 1,000 persons subscribed to the International Services Information Foundation

which he organized fifteen years ago. The former intelligence officer made national news in 1953 when he

claimed his organization had engineered the escape into Denmark of a Polish flyer in his Russian built

MIG-15 jet.

A Polish lieutenant,Franciszek Jarecki, landed the undamaged plane, said to have been the first of its type to

fall into Allied hands after the outbreak of the Korean conflict. The flyer later denied Mr. Amoss had had

anything to do with his defection.

Mr. Amoss served with the Office of Strategic Services early in World War II. Later he became chief of the

Ninth Air Force and was ultimately assigned to special duties with the Air Force General Staff.

Linked to Vassily Stalin

In 1953 The American Weekly published a story by Mr. Amoss that told of his attempt to engineer the trans-

portation out of Russia of Vassily Stalin, son of the late dictator. The attempt failed and it was never made clear

whether the younger Stalin was to have been kidnapped or to have cooperated in the plot.

In 1945 Mr. Amoss was decorated by Gen. Charles de Gaulle with the French Croix de Guerre and Legion of

Honor for his service as commanding officer of the Experimental Detachment, G-3, Army Forces in the Middle

East, and with the Ninth Air Force.

Before the war Mr. Amoss was president of the Gramtrade International Corporation of New York, exporters of

metals and chemicals.

FBI Report of December 18, 1963 by Robert Gemberling

re Assassination of President Kennedy

page 137

Mr EDWARD EARL KEMPE, Co-owner of the Export-Import Management

Company, 1310 Davis Building, who resides at 2614 Anzio Drive, was advised that

he did not have to make any statement and that any statement he made could

be used in a court of law. He said he was cognizant of the fact that he

could have an attorney if desired. He advised that he was anti-Kennedy and

that quite often he stopped in the Patio Lounge near Murphy and Elm Streets for a

beer after work. He did not recall making the statement that if President Kennedy

came to Dallas, he would be assassinated. He did not recall ever having made any

statements against Pres. Kennedy at the Patio Lounge and that if he did, it was

"beer talking." Mr. Kempe stated he did not know Lee Harvey Oswald and had

never heard of him prior to the time he assassinated the President. He stated

that he knew Jack Ruby, by reputation only, but was not personally

acquainted with him. He stated that he did not have any information that Ruby and

Oswald were acquainted with each other or were connected in any

manner.

Mr. Kempe advised that he was in Guatemala at the time of the

assassination, and returned on Sunday, November 24, 1963, after the

assassination. He stated that he had no personal feeling against Pres.

Kennedy and certainly would not harm him.

He said that his father, TED KEMPE, 2614 Anzio Drive, Dallas, is a

friend of President LYNDON B. JOHNSON and that he [EDWARD EARL KEMPE] is

currently engaged in the export-import business of shrimp and produce.

He said that certainly he had no forewarning concerning the

assassination of the President, but believed that there was an atmosphere which

had been built up in this country which contributed to President KENNEDY'S

assassination. He said the atmosphere was based upon

1) feeling of frustration in the nation;

2) the civil rights issue; and

3) too many of our American traditions had been taken away

By way of background information. Mr KEMPE advised that he was born

in Dallas, Texas and had also lived in Tyler, Texas from either 1946 or

1948, until 1954. In 1954. he moved to Corpus Christi, Texas , where he was

residing when he was divorced by his wife. He subsequently moved to

Austin, Texas, where he lived for approximately one year engaging in the real

estate business there. Since 1958, he has been in Dallas, Texas where at first

he was engaged as a sales manager for Turbo Craft boats, and when that

enterprise was sold, he started his current business venture with a

partner, Don Newell.

He said that in his business it is necessary to travel, and stated he had

made numerous trips to Guatemala in 1961, 1962 and 1963. He holds

Passport Number B 611701, and during 1961 lived abroad in London, England for a

few months, displaying wares of Dallas manufacturers at the Trade Center in

London, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Commerce there. He stated

that he was in London from September 21, 1961 to December 4, 1961. He stated

that he traveled by plane to England and usually used Pan American Airlines

to go to Guatemala.

His passport reflected that on December 4, 1961 he left London,

England, presumably to come to the United States. On January 27, 1962, he

arrived in London from the United States, and departed London on January 30, 1962.

He arrived in Geneva, Switzerland on January 31, 1962, and left on

February 5, 1962, for London. He arrived in London on February 7, 1962, and arrived

in New York City on same date.

Mr. Kempe imported shrimp and produce from Guatemala to the United States,

principally from Ocean Gardens Produce Company, San Diego, California.

Mr. Kempe is described as follows:

Race White

Sex Male

Age 44

Birth data Born September 13, 1919,

Dallas, Texas

Weight 180

Height 6'2"

Hair Light Brown

Eyes Gray

Complexion Light

Build Slender

Marital Status Divorced

Occupation Export-Import business

more

ON 29 APRIL 1963 DOROTHE MATLACK TELEPHONED TO THE EFFECT THAT..

she was of the opinion that continue the U S government should continue to play ball with [redacted] as a future asset in Haitian affairs.

Signed A F CZAJKOWSKI

http://www.maryferre...911&relPageId=5

Deceased Name: Albin F. Czajkowski , 86; was Lieutenant Colonel

Albin F. Czajkowski, 86, of this city, who rose to Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, died Oct. 5 in Arlington, Va., where he had lived for the past 53 years.

Born in Easthampton, he graduated from Easthampton High School. After graduating, he helped his parents manage their store until 1935, when he enlisted in the 3rd U.S. Cavalry regiment stationed at Ft. Ethan Allen, Vt.

Upon completing a three-year tour of duty in June, 1938, he moved to Washington, D.C., where he worked at the U.S. Government Printing Office while attending Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. He graduated from that university in 1948, after interrupting his education to serve in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the duration of World War II.

During the war, he served as an engineer supply officer in England and Continental Europe, taking part in the campaigns of Northern France, Central Europe and the Rhineland and rising to the rank of captain. For his service, he earned the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze battle stars, the American Campaign Medal and the Army Occupation Medal for service in Germany.

After the war, he transferred to the Army Reserves and continued to work with the Corps of Engineers in various capacities at the Pentagon and Ft. Belvoir in Alexandria, Va. He retired as Lieutenant Colonel in 1974.

In retirement, he managed the Officers' Service Club, a private social club in Washington, D.C. He was a volunteer mentor to young people, particularly recent immigrants.

He leaves his sister, Bertha C. Zahn of Arlington, Va.; two nephews, Donald Cykowski of Easthampton and Stephen Cykowski of Richmond, Va.; three nieces, Elizabeth Zahn Muchnick of Arlington, Va., Marilyn Zahn Cheek, of Warrenton, Va., and Ellen Cykowski Sortore of Roanoke, Va.

The interment with full military honors will take place Thursday in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va. Northern Virginia Funeral Services, Chantilly, is in charge.

END

Final Note

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57684&relPageId=56

On the morning of November 22, 1963, the alarm rang at 6:40 a.m. and she [Marina] awoke

and Oswald remained asleep. She began feeding the baby and at about 7 o’clock she awoke

Oswald and told him that he had better get up or he would be late for work.

Sound like the behavior of someone planning on killing the President of the United States the same day?

Edited by Robert Howard

Dgrees of separation:

Jim Root

One of my big frustrations re DEMOHRENSCHILDT and brother Dimitri has been trying to verify the accuracy of research re Bruce Campbell Adamson.

Now it looks as if there is a very significant alternative; unbeknownst to me, the Warren Commission supporting documents are rife with information re a multitude of associates of George, his wives, Dimitri, etc.

Example See

below

Commission Document 535 - FBI Morrissey Report of 28 Feb 1964 re: DeMohrenschildts pg 1 & 45

Mrs Wynne Sharples Denton, former wife of subject, who indicated subject [DE MOHRENSCHILDT] associated with known homosexual she describes his as irresponsible; childish unreliable, poor reputation, sexually promiscuous prior to marriage;

resentful of rich and successful people and a person who might participate in a revolution for the fun of it.

http://www.maryferre...934&relPageId=2

Information on brother DIMITRI, WF T-1 reported 1958 one GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT tried to meet with Dominican Ambassador DE MOYA.......

"DIMITII DJORDJADZE Representative Christie Mitchell Oil Company Fidelity Union Life Building "I first met GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT in July 1956. He was at that time self employed in the oil-business and had an office in ther Republic National Bank Building

http://www.maryferre...34&relPageId=78

page 64 Jeanne Legon plans to fly Air France to France, Milan and London for Daniel Millstein

http://www.maryferre...34&relPageId=66

Commission Document 543 - FBI McHugh Report of 03 Mar 1964 re: George DeMohrenschildt

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=10942

page 1

George D. Mitchell who accompanied George DeMohrenschildt to Yugoslavia, sponsored by the International Cooperation Administration, U. S. State Department during 1957, advised he was not too well acquainted with DE MOHRENSCHILDT and furnished limited information regarding DE MOHRENSCHILDT's background.

Result of check of records of the Hoover Institute Stanford University Palo Alto California where DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT did research work in Summer of 1947 set forth.

DETAIL Information set forth below was furnished to SA's Perry W. Moothart and John P. McHugh on Febraury 28, 1964

by GEORGE D. MITCHELL, Seismologist, Room 565-A Earth Science Building, University of California, Berkeley, California,

who resides at 226 Carquinez Ave., El Cerrito, California.

Mitchell stated he was not too well acquainted with DE MOHRENSCHILDT but knew him from a trip they both made to

Yugoslavia in 1957.

This trip was sponsored by the International Cooperation Administration of the U. S. State Department and was for the purpose of doing oil consultant work for the Yugoslavian government.

At the time he was approached by the Department of State for the aforementioned trip, MITCHELL was a resident of Dallas, Texas, and DE MOHRENSCHILDT was also a resident of that city where he was self-employed as a petroleum engineer.

They actually left for Yugoslavia sometime around the first week of February, 1957 and prior to that time met about four or five times in Dallas discussing prospects for the trip and arrangements for same to be made with the Department of State. MITCHELL had not known DE MOHRENSCHILDT prior to that time. When MITCHELL met DE MOHRENSCHILDT initially, he understood that he was divorced, that his wife was a medical doctor, and that they had one child who was ill with some sort of a blood complication. He related that he had never met DE MOHRENSCHILDT's wife or child.........

Mitchell explained that while he and DeMohrenschildt were in Yugoslavia, they did not have extensive contact with each other.

In addition DeMohrenschildt mentioned that he had spent time in Bled, Yugoslavia, prior to travels there with Mitchell in 1957

RE DMITRI S. von MOHRENSCHILDT

The following investigation was conducted by SA TROY F WILDER RE DMITRI S von MOHPENSCHILDT Records of Hoover Institute on Records on War Revolution and Peace (Institute) made available on February 28, 1964, by Mrs. Winifred Teague, clerk, reflect the following information concerning DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT.

end page 4

In a letter dated October 14 1946 DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT wrote to the Institute identifying himself as Managing Editor of the "Russian Review at Dartmouth College and expressed an interest in a possible Rockefeller Scholarship in Slavic studies. The Institute received another

letter dated........

Professor Herbert F. West, Chairman of Department of Comparative Literature, Dartmouth

Arthur T. Coleman recommended Mohrenschildt as a first class scholar;

end page 5

Professor ERNEST HUNTER WRIGHT Columbia University Department of English in letter dated March 31 1947, recommended DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT highly and commented that DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT did graduate work at Yale.

........took place in 1917 SF T-1 added that he sees DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT is a former Czarist Naval officer and is completely reliable and strongly anti-Communist. He said he fled the Soviet Union when the Communist Revolution. SF T-1 added that he sees DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT every two or three years when they attend the American Historical Association Convention which is held in various cities in the United States.DMITRI S von MOHRENSCHILDT would visit with a Dr. Judith Tyberg, 1162 North Street Andrews Place, Los Angeles, California SF T-1 recalled learned form him at that time that he had given up his position as editor of the "Russian Review" and was then devoting time to conducting research concerning India.

Commission Document 547 - FBI Letterhead Memorandum of 06 Mar 1964 re; DeMohrenschildts...Check on George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt with France's Surete Nationale [French National Police], and Direction de la Surveillance du Territoire [French Counter-Intelligence] with negative results.

So, with some of Adamson's information, corroborated to a degree, it might be interesting to reflect on what he alleged and reflect on the implications.

Adamson basically stated that the American foreign policy network in the 1950's was dominated, or, at least included

W H Chamberlin, the Russian Review, and Allen Dulles, among others relationships with this apparatus.

William F Buckley and YAF are also players, as are AMCOMLIB ie Radio Liberty.

The picture he paints is that the Eisenhower-era foreign policy nexus was to some degree, dominated by this group,

correct me if I am misstating.........

Of course the laundry list of Bruce Campbell Adamson's cast of characters is literally dozens of names....

One of whom is Cholly Knickerbocker, Igor Cassini was the second Cholly Knickerbocker, a Hearst newspaper

pseudonym....

See

*Knickerbocker, Cholly. [This was the pen name of two journalists. It was first used by Maury Henry Biddle Paul (1880-1942), who was the society editor of the New York Evening Mail (1918-1923), the New York American (1919-1937), and the New York Journal-American (1937-1942). But the Knickerbocker in Islands is probably Igor Loienaski Cassini (1915—), whose gossip column about the rich and famous was syndicated in more than fifty Hearst newspapers. This Cholly Knickerbocker was also known as the "Boswell of the Jet Set."] 19 Audrey Bruce had read Cholly Knickerbocker's report that Hollywood scriptwriter Roger Davis is preparing "to write a . . . great novel" (191; see endnote 1). Kraut. [German for herb, plant, cabbage. English slang for German (pejorative).] Hudson refers to the Germans (q.v.) as Krauts. Willie calls their language "Kraut" (442).

I recently found a document re Mr. Cassini that I believe is very significant in relation to his troubles after being indicted

for failing to register as an agent of the Dominican Republic, Oleg Cassini was responsible for sending Alfred Davidson, Jr

to Dallas before the assassination where William F. Cofer, Jr. put him in touch via telephone probably with....Jack Ruby

On November 15, 1963 Cofer died.....Getting back to Igor, he was among other things, a golf partner of Allen Dulles.

from Luis Posada files

124-90158-10003

NO TITLE [igor Cassini] January 30, 1943

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-90158-10003

RECORDS SERIES : HQ

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : CR 62-60303-23

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

TO : HQ

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 01/30/1943

PAGES : 2

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LUIS POSADA; IGOR CASSINI

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 12/08/1998

COMMENTS : LET

Assistant Director

RE IGOR CASSINI ESPIONAGE - G.

In line with your telephone conversation with me on January 29 1943 there is being set out below a description and digest of the various papers, memoranda and other material found among the effects of the above named subject, which were seized for examination by the U.S.Customs Service upon the subject's entry into the United States on January 29, 1943.

1. Copy of a letter from subject to Mr. Sprulle Braden, United States Ambassador at Havana, dated January 29, 1942 in which IGOR complains that he has been unjustly accused of having voiced un-American feeling and having expressed sentiment against members of the United States government. He denies such accusations and goes on to say, "since you have been so frank with me Mr. Ambassador, I permit myself to tell you with equal sincerity that I also heard stories about members of your own Embassy and the Cuban government. These stories were repeated to me by people of good reputation. One of these stories concerning yourself, Mr. Ambassador was that General BENITEZ was very close to you because

he hoped in the help of the United States Government to make him President of Cuba, but naturally I would never have permitted myself to take such stories into consideration or print them first without consulting your Excellency. The way it was, I thought those stores were nothing but bolas."

2. A dues card of the American Newspaper Guild in the name of the subject, bearing number 1794, issued March 12, 1942.

3. A copy of a book, "A GUIDE TO THE LANGUAGES OF EUROPE," by Archibald Lyall.

4. A book entitled "BATISTA" by ALBERTO ARREDONDO.

5. Subject's Selective Service Classification card from Local Board #2,

Washington D.C., placing him in Class 3-A, together with a permit to leave the country Dec. 28, 1942

6. A single license plate with the caption "Cuba Deportiva" with a number

which appears to be "06ND."

COPIES DESTROYED

136 Oct 29, 1964

There were also found among Subjects effects the following items which appeared in the Spanish language, and upon translation, are as follows:

A fifteen day membership in the Havana Yacht Club granted to L. IGOR CASSINI and his wife.

Letters of introduction on behalf of CASSINI written by AURELIO F CONCHESA

to Dr RAUL MAESTRI of the Diario de la Marina Havana;

GENERAL FRANCISCO TABERNELLA, Forteleza de la Cabana, Havana;

Dr. GUSTAVO CUERVO RUBIO, Vice President of the Republic 21, and N Vedado, Havana.

Dr. ANDREW DOMINGO Y MORALES DEL CASTILLO, Secretary to the President, Havana.

Comodora JULIO DE ARGUELLES Chief of Naval Operations (Jefe de la Marina de la Guerra) (Castillo de la Punta) Havana;

General MANUEL BENITEZ, Chief of the National Police, Cuba

Dr. CARLOS SALADRIGAS, Senator for Havana, Capitol Havana,

Dr. Pedro Que, Director of "The World," Havana;

stating that Mr. Cassini is to be in Havana for ten or twelve days to study the country for the purpose

of writing articles for the Times Herald.

News clipping in which CASSINI praises the Diario for sending candy to American soldiers.

An account in a social column of an entertainment given in honor of

Mr. and Mrs. Cassini at the National Hotel, Havana.

Picture of Mrs. Cassini.

A news story of various dinners held in honor of Mr. and Mrs Cassini. It is noted that JAIME MARINE,

Director of Propaganda and Political Affairs, and his wife, and Dr. LUIS DE POSADA of the Diario de la Marina are present.

Other newspaper articles consisting of pictures and articles concerning Mr. and Mrs. Cassini and their reception by the

social circles of Havana during their visit there.

The following are calling cards are in the possession of Mr. Cassini.

ALFREDO T. QUILEZ, Director of "Carteles", Havana.

Mrs. LIUIS FELIPE ESTRADA, The Mission Country Club, Havana.

JOSE MANUEL LARA, Secretary of the Cuban Embassy.

Dr. MIGUEL RECAREY, 26 N. 60th, between Fifth and Seventh Ave. Miramar;

EMILIO BACARDI LAY, Empire Building, New York. MR. ESTRADA.

Dr ABELARDO MORENO, Secrtetary of the Facility of Science, University of Havana, Cuba.

RIF#: 124-90158-10003 (01/30/43) FBI#: CR 62-60303-23

END

(If you were wondering who the President of Cuba was in 1943; since he was practically the only

government official not listed it was....Fulgencio Batista.

Getting back to George DeMohrenschildt, [and it should be added that one cannot begin to cover

the Dominican Republic angle in the JFK Assassination without mentioning Porforio Rubirosa; his cousin was a suspect in the kidnapping and murder of Jesus de Galindez.....]

http://www.nypress.c...indez-case.html

Ironically, Porfirio Rubirosa's name was allegedly dropped by George DeMohrneschildt in a conversation with Lee Harvey Oswald, although in a purely humorous context, if George'

I am a Patsy, manuscript can be trusted.

Lee was frequently critical of the United States and this was understandable considering his poor and sad childhood in New Orleans, Texas and New York. But also there was some logic in his arguments.

"America is a racist society from its very origin. The arrival of the pilgrims and elimination of the Indians. United States is dishonest country because it's based on the spoliation of its rightful owners. This country is based of hate and intolerance. And finally," concluded Lee, "I think American Anglos hate this country because they ruined it to such an extent. Just look around - ugliness and polution.

"You exaggerate, Lee, " I argued, "There are lovely places in each town."

"The plastic ghettos of the rich, you call them lovely," he answered angrily.

"In this country of great economic wealth, the jobs are hard to find even in times of prosperity. In depression, it's awful."

"One thing you are right about," I said, "there are few happy people here. I remember an old joke: 'in America the poor get poorer, and the rich get..Porfirio Rubirosa."

He did not laugh, Lee probably did not know who Porfirio Rubirosa was.

END

more

Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words

page 358

Kennedy: In 61' we started an investigation. We had a lot of information that people in Congress

were getting money from the sugar interests in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere. We made a

major investigation of it. We came up with some names but we were never able to prove it.

Martin: Your only indictment was Cassini. Is that right? [igor Cassini allegedly accepted payments

from the Trujillo regime in the Dominican Republic. Investigated by the FBI by order of Robert

Kennedy, Cassini ultimately pleaded nolo contendre to four counts of failure to register as an agent

of the Dominican Republic and paid a $10,000 fine]

Kennedy: Yes, but this didn't come out in this investigation.

Martin: Oh, it came out later as an unregistered foreign agent. At that time [New York Times

correspondent] Tad Szulc published a story saying that [igor] Cassini and Bob Murphy

had gone down to the Dominican Republic after your father had told Cassini that the Communists

might take over after Trujillo fell. They'd done this before Trujillo was killed. They'd gone down

just before the assassinatioon of Trujillo, about four months before, I think— no, about six weeks

before. The White House confirmed this. Do you remember?

Kennedy: I was involved in all of that.

Martin: You were?

Kennedy Yes.

Martin: In other words, Cassini made it seem that he was much closer to your father than he really was?

Kennedy: Yes, as I say I don't think he was ever in the house. He certainly wasn't at any meal.

Now I don't know whether he came to the house, I think he talked to my father . . . .

Martin: Now he was married, wasn't he, to [oil baron Charles Wrightman's daughter [Charlene]?

And she later committed suicide. This was a terrible story, this whole thing

Kennedy: It is terrible It was too bad. She had a difficult time because he was so odd.

Her father cut her off, and wouldn't help her. Then [when Igor Cassini] got into difficulty with me

and with the Department of Justice, [Wrightsman] wouldn't help them with the legal bills,

so that his brother ended up paying the legal bills. The President liked his brother.

Martin: That's Oleg the dress designer

later......

Martin: Cassini?

Robert Kennedy: Yes, . . . . As a matter of fact, the only investigation I've ever called off since I've been Attorney

General I called off on Cassini because his brother came down and swore to me— and then swore to Bob Murphy—

that [igor] wasn't involved in this, that he wasn't getting any money. You see, I'd heard a rumor of that. And [igor]

said, "I've performed this function, you know with Murphy. And then I come back and somebody starts a rumor,

and you start an investigation"— we had carried on the investigation for six weeks or so and didn't come up with

anything—"and you carry on this investigation, and it's hurting me with my papers. It's hurting me with

everybody else that's associated with me!" Which is all understandable

So I notified the FBI not to continue with it. . . . . Finally I went back into it. I got some more information,

and I went back into it.

Martin: Was this later when the [senate Foreign Relations] Fulbright Committee began investigating?

Kennedy: We had something before that.

Martin: When [committee investigator Walter] Pincus went down?

Kennedy: When Pincus went down, he had some information.

Martin: You sent a couple of people down to my embassy, and then Pincus came down

here from the Fulbright Committee. I had more damn investigators than I had attachés.

Kennedy: I don't know how it was that we came up with some material, but we came up with the material

about this thing.

Martin: I think I got your fellows into the palace files down there, Bob. I think that's what it was.

And I sent you something myself.

Kennedy: Some material. That's right.

Martin: I got a CIA fellow to pull that file for you.

Kennedy: I felt really fooled [igor Cassini] had not only been playing with his own future, but with the integrity

of the government— the integrity of the President, and mine and everything else. So I was going to prosecute him

and I told him that. I mean, I never— I could never forgive him. I didn't care whether they registered or not. But it

was a bad situation. It was an unpleasant one too.

selected excerpts pages 358-361

Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words The Unpublished Recollections of the Kennedy Years - Robert Kennedy - Bantam Trade Paperback -1988

John Bartlow Martin 1915-1987

was born in Hamilton, Ohio and was the US Ambassador to the Dominican Republic

from 1962 to 1964. In 1968, he worked for Senator Robert F. Kennedy until his

assassination on June 4, 1968, after being named the winner in the California

Democratic Primary.

cut-out - An individual within an espionage network who enables other officers or agents to remain anonymous;

an important element. Often, either a principal or lesser cut out is used, with the principal making hiring and

firing decisions and protecting the network leader and the lesser simply acting as an intermediary.

Was Igor Cassini a cut-out?

More DeMohrenschildt

To: Chief WHD

Subject: George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt

References

A. HTPA-1265, 24 April 1964

B. HTPA-1286, 14 May1964

C. DIR 20615, 12 May1964

D. HTPA-1340, 16 June1964

E. HTPW-764, 29 June1964

1. Reference contains previous correspondence regarding George and Jeanne DE MOHRENSCHILDT.

2. On the evening of 20 June 1964, Conrad V. Rubricius was invited to the home of George and Jeanne DE MOHRENSCHILDT.

1. Wlodzimierz GALICKI (201-726173) Polish Commercial Attache resident in Haiti

2. Clemard Joseph CHARLES, President of the Commercial Bank of Haiti and of the Haitian Chamber of Commerce

3. Sheik Mohammed FAYED an oil businessman in Kuwait, who was an official guest of the Haitian government

4. Lt. Willy GAILLARD, presidential guard officer, assigned by President Duvalier to accompany FAYED during his stay in Haiti.

5. Mr and Mrs. Philippe and Antonella PALLAS. PALLAS is French and is a United Nations Employee in Gonaives. Mrs PALLAS is Italian from Sicily. They arrived in Haiti about four or five months ago. RUBRICIUS had met them several times previously.

6. Robert and Ellen Taylor, a young PBPRIME couple. Taylor is a technician for the Malaria Eradication Program in Haiti.

They live in the same neighborhood as the De MOHRENSCHILDT’s.

3. While everyone was having before dinner drinks, Charles mentioned that he had just recently returned with Colonel Georges

DANACHE, Haitian Air Corps Chief from a trip to Denver, Colorado and Dallas, Texas. Charles made no mention as to the purpose of the trip but it was undoubtedly connected to the T-28 airplane deal. Directing his comments to RUBRICIUS, CHARLES who is coal black deplored the racial situation in PBPRIME. RUBRICIUS replied that steps were being taken to ameliorate this situation and besides PBPRIME was not the only country where racial problems existed. The veiled reference to Haiti did not seem to be lost on Charles, and he dropped this topic of conversation. Mid-way through the dinner that followed CHARLES disappeared. De MOHRENSCHILDT explained that CHARLES had taken ill and was forced to leave. De MOHRENSCHILDT commented that President Duvalier had been keeping CHARLES very busy lately, and this was

having an effect on CHARLES health. During the whole time that CHARLES was at De MOHRENSCHILDT’s house, the De MOHRENSCHILDT’s were extremely friendly and solicitious to him.

5. Sheik Mohammed FAYED stated that he was in Haiti as an official guest of the Haitian government and that his purpose for being here was to explore the oil producing and investment possibilities in Haiti. FAYED is about 30-35 years old. He speaks excellent English and passable French. He has slightly negroid features and might easily pass as a member of the Haitian mulatto elite. He strikes me as being friendly and evil at the same time. His side-kick, Lt. GAILLARD, was dressed in formal civilian clothing and was almost completely uncommunicative throughout the whole evening.

6. Mr and Mrs. PALLAS, who apparently had just recently met the De MOHRENSCHILDT’s, invited all persons present to a pizza dinner at their weekend home in Petionville on the evening of 22 June. On June 22 all persons who were at the De MOHRENSCHILDT’s dinner showed up at the PALLAS home with the exception of Clemard Joseph CHARLES and Mr and Mrs Taylor. In the middle of the dinner FAYED excused himself stating that he had to be absent for about an hour to recieve an important overseas telephone call at his hotel. He returned in about an hour.

7. After playing tennis with Georges De MOHRENSCHILDT at the Petionville Club on 21 July, DE MOHRENSCHILDT and RUBRICIUS had drinks and a swim in the club pool. Present also were Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT and Wlodzimierz GALICKI. A general discussion ensued concerning economic and living conditions in Haiti. RUBRICIUS opined that even in the country living conditions in Mexico were vastly superior to Haiti.

GALICKI fully agreed fully with this statement. De MOHRENSCHILDT as he has often done in the past insisted that this was not true and that conditions in Haiti were nowhere near as bad as most believe. At this point Mrs DE MOHRENSCHILDT and GALICKI departed and left De MOHRENSCHILDT and RUBRICIUS alone.

8. Without any questioning or prodding by RUBRICIUS, DEMOHRENSCHILDT volunteered the following information concerning the T-28 airplane deal which DE MOHRENSCHILDT said recieved so much erroneous publicity lately in the PBPRIME press.

a. The trip of Mexican economic missions to Haiti last May and the T-28 airplane deal were the work of Clemard Joseph CHARLES, but contrary to popular belief both of these deals were separate and distinct and had no connection with each other. The leader of the Mexican economic mission to Haiti in May was Victor Blanchett, [phonetic] a very wealthy individual who is closely connected to former Mexican President ALEMAN and Fred ORLEANS a wealthy Texas businessman who has large investments in Mexico. Contrary to the story in the New York Times ORLEANS had no connection at all with the airplane deal. The purpose of the trip of the Mexico economic mission was to explore business and economic possibilities in Haiti. BLANCHETT who speaks neither French nor English met several times with President Duvalier.

De Mohrenschildt who speaks French and Spanish served as interpreter during these meetings. As a gesture of goodwill to the Haitian government, the Mexican group agreed to lend Clemard Joseph CHARLES bank, the Commercial Bank of Haiti, $250,000 at 7 or 8% interest. At the last moment, however, this agreement fell through, and for the time being at least, the Mexican businessmen have decided not to invest money in Haiti.

b. While this was taking place “two Jews from Dallas,” who were known both to De Mohrenschildt and Charles, arrived in Port-au-Prince and offered to furnish to Duvalier two T-28 airplanes for free. [Comment: The two Jews from Dallas are probably Henry KLEPAK and Sidney SHINE who according to La Nouvelliste arrived in on 10 June to Haiti in connection with a deal with the Caribbean Cordage Mill, S. A.] Charles took it upon himself to promote the airplane deal. The only catch in the transaction is $25,000 would be required to “recondition” the engines of each plane, but for some strange reason Duvalier agreed. Unfortunately, somebody in ZRMETAL, not ODACID, found out about the airplane deal and was responsible for canceling the export license.

c. Duvalier was very disappointed about this turn of events, and as a result CHARLES had fallen in Duvalier’s esteem not only for the cancellation of the plane deal but also for the failure of the negotiations with the Mexican business delegation. CHARLES only business success within recent weeks was the visit of Sheik Mohammed FAYED. FAYED had bought a home and property in Haiti as a hedge against a possible take-over of his country by NASSAR. FAYED is also interested in investing money in Haiti to explore for oil. Recently an oil producing area was discovered in the Dominican Republic and it is now producing 300 barrels a day. Similarly, topographic and geological conditions exist in Haiti, so that it is very likely oil exists in Haiti as well.

9. At this point DE MOHRENSCHILDT changed the direction of his conversation and stated that he had been in Haiti several times in the last twenty years and as a result understood the country very well. DE MOHRENSCHILDT had words of praise for the Duvalier government and said that it was badly understood by ODYOKE. As RUBRICIUS had a pressing business engagement, he stated he had to leave but added that on another another occasion he would be happy to hear more of DE MOHRENSWCHILDT’s views

10. At a diplomatic reception given by Wlodzimierz GALICKI, the Polish Commercial Attache, RUBRICIUS encountered the De MOHRENSCHILDT’S who introduced RUBRICIUS to Mr. Carol ROUSSIER a business friend of the De MOHRENSCHILDT’S from Texas. DE MOHRENSCHILDT in half-serious,half joking manner, stated that ROUSSIER had just arrived in Haiti in connection with the plane deal. Later in the evening, ROUSSIER commented to RUBRICIUS that it was most unfortunate ODYOKE had cancelled the plane deal because Duvalier was a staunch anti-Communist, and if ODYOKE put obstacles in Duvalier’s way, Duvalier would be forced to look for help elsewhere to find means to protect himself. (Comment: ROUSSIER is a clean-cut, soft speaking Texan, who most certainly is in Haiti in connection with some underhanded business deal. He is 35-40 years old and is very well-dressed.

11. A sub-source [02]LEMON-1 has reported that the De Mohrenschildts spend a great deal of time at the home of Wlodzimierz GALICKI.

Details concerning this matter will be reported in a separate dispatch.

JOSEPH G. BENSON

More

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Loran Eugene Hall

NO TITLE excerpts pgs 4-8

MM T-1 is MM [redacted] -S 134[redacted] 694 and 692

MM T-2 is MM [redacted] -C who was used to characterize

LARRY DE JOSEPH

MM T-3 is PSI redacted

who was used to characterize FELIPE VIDAL

MM T-4 is Jose Aleman 105-1597-561

Scott-Bryan Apartment Hotel,

3300 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida

who furnished the information to SA George Davis, Jr........

page 5

On 3/4/63 MM T-1 advised of a plan by a group of Haitian exiles headed by ROGER RIGAUD to conduct a seaborne

raid on the north coast of Haiti, near [sic] Por Hatien. RIGAUD planned to come to Miami to implement plan.

Raid was to be staged near Bahamas, so as not to violate U.S. Law. The main reason for the raid was to obtain publicity

and raise money for RIGAUD’s group which has backing of PAUL MAGLIORE, former Haitian President.

RIGAUD expected to receive aid by Cuban exiles in Miami. MM T-1 subsequently advised ROGER RIGAUD

arrived in Miami on 3/7/63. He discussed Haitian situation and outlined his platform for reform in Haiti.

He said he had contact with Haitian desk of U. S. State Department recently, and his group had made great inroads

with U.S. government in past month. RIGAUD was in contact in Miami with FRANCISCO SARALEGUI, publisher of

“Bohemian Libre” and through SARALEGUI was to make contact with JUAN BOSCH, president of Dominican

Republic.

MM T-1 learned RIGAUD made top-secret agreement with Cuban exiles, whereby in return for aid received

he would permit them to set up a Government In Exile in Haiti from which operations could be conducted against

FIDEL CASTRO.

page 7

RIGAUD plans to see two unidentified U. S. congressmen in Washington on March 5, 1963 to discuss his

over all plans to overthrow PRESIDENT DUVALIER of Haiti.

[Robert: It is important to understand the Kennedy Administration policy with regard to Haiti; author of

Papa Doc: The Truth About Haiti Today, noted that ”In Washington, the United States made it clear that it did not

consider the April, 1961 [Haitian] election legal and that it felt Duvalier’s constitutional term would end May 15, 1963;

it became an open confrontation between Duvalier and the Kennedy administration”

so, in a very real sense the clock was ticking

see pages 170, 176 Papa Doc: The Truth About Haiti Today - Bernard Diedrich and Al Burt]

page 8

On September 18, 1961 Robert Emmett Johnson advised special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Miami

that he had been employed as Foreign Affairs Analyst for Dominican Republic leader Generalissimo TRUJILLO, who was

assassinated May 30, 1961. JOHNSON had this position from 1956 to 1960.

As of that time JOHNSON stated that he was employed by the International Service of Information Foundation of

Baltimore Maryland 23 West 23rd Street Baltimore which he described as an independent intelligence-gathering

organization operated by ULIUS AMOS a former Chief of Staff in the United States Air Force.

On March 8, 1963, MM T-1 advised that ROGER RIGAUD, a leader of the Parti National Haiten (PNH), arrived in Miami

on March 7, 1963. He is staying at the residence of LARRY DE JOSEPH at Sweetwater, Florida., a suburb of Miami, exact

address unknown.

On August 31, 1962, MM T-2 advised that LARRY DE JOSEPH claims to be have been an employee in Havana, Cuba

of SANTOS TRAFFICANTE, well-known Tampa Florida hoodlum who had large gambling interests in Cuba during

the BATISTA regime. DE JOSEPH worked in the Sans Souci gambling casino in Havana for TRAFFICANTE.

On August 29, Mr. WILLIAM KENNEY Departmental Attorney, United States Department of Justice, advised that

LARRY DE JOSEPH was fronting for SANTOS TRAFFICANTE and others in a deal with the Guatemalan

Government, in which a hotel with a gambling casino would be constructed in Guatemala. In return for gambling

rights, the Trafficante group would construct a public housing project in Guatemala.

http://www.maryferre...603&relPageId=4

RIF#: 124-10217-10070 (04/08/63) FBI#: CR 2-1748-76

"The World's Leading Private Eye"

ULIUS AMOSS DIES RAN SPY NETWORK

Ex-Officer Led World-Wide Private Intelligence Service Baltimore Nov 9 (AP) (1961)

Ulius L. Amoss, a colonel in the Air Force Reserve who operated a private international spy network died

here today in his home. He was 67 years old.

Mr. Amoss, once described as "the world's leading private eye" operated the intelligence service

from his office here. Some 1,000 persons subscribed to the International Services Information Foundation

which he organized fifteen years ago. The former intelligence officer made national news in 1953 when he

claimed his organization had engineered the escape into Denmark of a Polish flyer in his Russian built

MIG-15 jet.

A Polish lieutenant,Franciszek Jarecki, landed the undamaged plane, said to have been the first of its type to

fall into Allied hands after the outbreak of the Korean conflict. The flyer later denied Mr. Amoss had had

anything to do with his defection.

Mr. Amoss served with the Office of Strategic Services early in World War II. Later he became chief of the

Ninth Air Force and was ultimately assigned to special duties with the Air Force General Staff.

Linked to Vassily Stalin

In 1953 The American Weekly published a story by Mr. Amoss that told of his attempt to engineer the trans-

portation out of Russia of Vassily Stalin, son of the late dictator. The attempt failed and it was never made clear

whether the younger Stalin was to have been kidnapped or to have cooperated in the plot.

In 1945 Mr. Amoss was decorated by Gen. Charles de Gaulle with the French Croix de Guerre and Legion of

Honor for his service as commanding officer of the Experimental Detachment, G-3, Army Forces in the Middle

East, and with the Ninth Air Force.

Before the war Mr. Amoss was president of the Gramtrade International Corporation of New York, exporters of

metals and chemicals.

FBI Report of December 18, 1963 by Robert Gemberling

re Assassination of President Kennedy

page 137

Mr EDWARD EARL KEMPE, Co-owner of the Export-Import Management

Company, 1310 Davis Building, who resides at 2614 Anzio Drive, was advised that

he did not have to make any statement and that any statement he made could

be used in a court of law. He said he was cognizant of the fact that he

could have an attorney if desired. He advised that he was anti-Kennedy and

that quite often he stopped in the Patio Lounge near Murphy and Elm Streets for a

beer after work. He did not recall making the statement that if President Kennedy

came to Dallas, he would be assassinated. He did not recall ever having made any

statements against Pres. Kennedy at the Patio Lounge and that if he did, it was

"beer talking." Mr. Kempe stated he did not know Lee Harvey Oswald and had

never heard of him prior to the time he assassinated the President. He stated

that he knew Jack Ruby, by reputation only, but was not personally

acquainted with him. He stated that he did not have any information that Ruby and

Oswald were acquainted with each other or were connected in any

manner.

Mr. Kempe advised that he was in Guatemala at the time of the

assassination, and returned on Sunday, November 24, 1963, after the

assassination. He stated that he had no personal feeling against Pres.

Kennedy and certainly would not harm him.

He said that his father, TED KEMPE, 2614 Anzio Drive, Dallas, is a

friend of President LYNDON B. JOHNSON and that he [EDWARD EARL KEMPE] is

currently engaged in the export-import business of shrimp and produce.

He said that certainly he had no forewarning concerning the

assassination of the President, but believed that there was an atmosphere which

had been built up in this country which contributed to President KENNEDY'S

assassination. He said the atmosphere was based upon

1) feeling of frustration in the nation;

2) the civil rights issue; and

3) too many of our American traditions had been taken away

By way of background information. Mr KEMPE advised that he was born

in Dallas, Texas and had also lived in Tyler, Texas from either 1946 or

1948, until 1954. In 1954. he moved to Corpus Christi, Texas , where he was

residing when he was divorced by his wife. He subsequently moved to

Austin, Texas, where he lived for approximately one year engaging in the real

estate business there. Since 1958, he has been in Dallas, Texas where at first

he was engaged as a sales manager for Turbo Craft boats, and when that

enterprise was sold, he started his current business venture with a

partner, Don Newell.

He said that in his business it is necessary to travel, and stated he had

made numerous trips to Guatemala in 1961, 1962 and 1963. He holds

Passport Number B 611701, and during 1961 lived abroad in London, England for a

few months, displaying wares of Dallas manufacturers at the Trade Center in

London, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Commerce there. He stated

that he was in London from September 21, 1961 to December 4, 1961. He stated

that he traveled by plane to England and usually used Pan American Airlines

to go to Guatemala.

His passport reflected that on December 4, 1961 he left London,

England, presumably to come to the United States. On January 27, 1962, he

arrived in London from the United States, and departed London on January 30, 1962.

He arrived in Geneva, Switzerland on January 31, 1962, and left on

February 5, 1962, for London. He arrived in London on February 7, 1962, and arrived

in New York City on same date.

Mr. Kempe imported shrimp and produce from Guatemala to the United States,

principally from Ocean Gardens Produce Company, San Diego, California.

Mr. Kempe is described as follows:

Race White

Sex Male

Age 44

Birth data Born September 13, 1919,

Dallas, Texas

Weight 180

Height 6'2"

Hair Light Brown

Eyes Gray

Complexion Light

Build Slender

Marital Status Divorced

Occupation Export-Import business

more

she was of the opinion that continue the U S government should continue to play ball with [redacted] as a future asset in Haitian affairs.

Signed A F CZAJKOWSKI

Albin F. Czajkowski, 86, of this city, who rose to Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, died Oct. 5 in Arlington, Va., where he had lived for the past 53 years.

Born in Easthampton, he graduated from Easthampton High School. After graduating, he helped his parents manage their store until 1935, when he enlisted in the 3rd U.S. Cavalry regiment stationed at Ft. Ethan Allen, Vt.

Upon completing a three-year tour of duty in June, 1938, he moved to Washington, D.C., where he worked at the U.S. Government Printing Office while attending Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. He graduated from that university in 1948, after interrupting his education to serve in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the duration of World War II.

During the war, he served as an engineer supply officer in England and Continental Europe, taking part in the campaigns of Northern France, Central Europe and the Rhineland and rising to the rank of captain. For his service, he earned the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze battle stars, the American Campaign Medal and the Army Occupation Medal for service in Germany.

After the war, he transferred to the Army Reserves and continued to work with the Corps of Engineers in various capacities at the Pentagon and Ft. Belvoir in Alexandria, Va. He retired as Lieutenant Colonel in 1974.

In retirement, he managed the Officers' Service Club, a private social club in Washington, D.C. He was a volunteer mentor to young people, particularly recent immigrants.

He leaves his sister, Bertha C. Zahn of Arlington, Va.; two nephews, Donald Cykowski of Easthampton and Stephen Cykowski of Richmond, Va.; three nieces, Elizabeth Zahn Muchnick of Arlington, Va., Marilyn Zahn Cheek, of Warrenton, Va., and Ellen Cykowski Sortore of Roanoke, Va.

The interment with full military honors will take place Thursday in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va. Northern Virginia Funeral Services, Chantilly, is in charge.

END

Ferrie Connection?

On March 1, 1967 TP T-13 advised that a news broadcast on the Spanish language radio station had recently been heard in Tampa indicating that an individual named DEL VALLE had been murdered in Miami on February 23, 1967, and that the radio broadcast described the dead man as a “Lieutenant” of SANTO TRAFFICANTE. It was subsequently determined that the broadcast referred to the murder of ELADIO DEL VALLE also known as YOTO a Cuban exile known to be a smuggler and engaged in anti CASTRO activities with no known connection between him and SANTOS TRAFFICANTE, JR.

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=128860

Final Note

http://www.maryferre...84&relPageId=56

On the morning of November 22, 1963, the alarm rang at 6:40 a.m. and she [Marina] awoke

and Oswald remained asleep. She began feeding the baby and at about 7 o’clock she awoke

Sound like the behavior of someone planning on killing the President of the United States the same day?

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

.....more

Signed A F CZAJKOWSKI

END

Ferrie Connection?

On March 1, 1967 TP T-13 advised that a news broadcast on the Spanish language radio station had recently been heard in Tampa indicating that an individual named DEL VALLE had been murdered in Miami on February 23, 1967, and that the radio broadcast described the dead man as a “Lieutenant” of SANTO TRAFFICANTE. It was subsequently determined that the broadcast referred to the murder of ELADIO DEL VALLE also known as YOTO a Cuban exile known to be a smuggler and engaged in anti CASTRO activities with no known connection between him and SANTOS TRAFFICANTE, JR.

Final Note

Probably just a coincidence that Oswald overslept on what the LN's regard as the most fateful morning of his life. Maybe he had yet to decide he would attempt to shoot President Kennedy until after Marina awakened him?

Robert, you would think there would not be more than one AF Czajkowski with a military and foreign service background, but...think again. I started this thread, a year ago.:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15576

Anthony F. Czajkowski aka Tony Czaikowsky of the CIA Background on Agent Who Met With DeMohrenschildt, Charles, and Matlack

Call me crazy, but I just cannot seem to shake this inane quote.:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=albert+jenner+conspiracy&sa=N&tbs=nws:1,ar:1#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=cdr:1%2Ccd_min%3A1964%2Ccd_max%3A1966%2Cbks%3A1&q=coincidences+made+it+seem+most+likely+that+the+assassination+of&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=albert+jenner+conspiracy&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=80f78c692ae3c498

Federal bar news: Volume 13

Federal Bar Association - 1966 - Snippet view

In his address, Mr. Jenner stated that a series of extraordinary coincidences made it seem most likely that the assassination of President Kennedy was the work of one man — Lee Harvey Oswald. "After months of intensive research, the reading of some 40000 pages of material assembled by units of the federal government, and the questioning of scores of persons, including Oswald's wife, we came to the conclusion that there was no conspiracy, either domestic or foreign," Jenner said...

By the way...do you think I hit a nerve, here?:

Is it only a coincidence that CIA's Anikeeff arranged for de Mohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles to meet with Clairborne Pell, a cousin of CIA "asset" Tom Devine's (aka Wubriny-1) financial firm partner, John Train? Claiborne Pell and Train were also cousins of the wife of one of the seven WC commissioners, Hale Boggs.

So how do you think Claiborne Pell fits into this entire JFK conundrum? Was he a deliberate and witting participant in the cover-up

or was he somehow involved in joining in with the likes of J. Strom Thurmond, John Tower, Barry Goldwater, Jesse Helms, James Eastland, et al in the actual plot to kill JFK? You are obviously implying that Senator Pell was involved somehow in this entire plot

in some sort of nefarious, fully complicit and/or conspiratorial manner. Would you care to elaborate? This should be rich if you have

the guts to respond. How does Pell's wife's relationship to Hale Boggs figure into this entire picture? Are you implying that she used

her influence to get Boggs to do something illegal or immoral or unethical or that her familial relationship to a member of the Warren

Commission somehow taints her with guilt by association? Tom, you are stooping pretty low here, I hope you realize this. Do you know how close the Pells were (and still are) to the Kennedys and how physically and emotionally distraught they were about his death? Do you know about the Bouvier and the Auchincloss families from Rhode Island and how close Jackie was to George deMohrenshildt as a child? She used to call him "Uncle George", in fact while bouncing on his knee in Newport. Can you be totally oblivious to how preposterous your statements and your implied claims actually are? Do you know how distraught George was about how how his association with Oswald made him look like an insensitive, callous and vindictive agent contributing indirectly or directly to the misery and suffering of Jackie Kennedy? And you call this "research?" I call this clueless, feckless, careless and callous beyond belief. You gotta get out of the house more, dude.

Call me crazy, all I see are families Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Whitney, Drexel, Morgan, etc., with the fingerprints of the CIA replete through the years, ties, and events, BWDIK?....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/15/nyregion/15kellogg.html?_r=2&oref=slogin

Francis L. Kellogg, 89, Diplomat and Prominent Socialite, Is Dead

By NADINE BROZAN

Published: April 15, 2006

...Known as a debonair man about town at the epicenter of New York City society, he was chief of protocol in New York for the United States Mission to the United Nations in 1976, the bicentennial year, during which he escorted more than 90 heads of state to New York or Washington. In the 1980's he was chief of protocol for Queen Sirikit of Thailand during her visits to this country, and founded the Thai Support Foundation.

He was a founding member and president of the Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, established in 1977 to promote a balance between technological advancement and environmental protection. He was also president of the National Committee on American Foreign Policy and of the World Wildlife Fund.

In a résumé he put together himself, he listed, almost as an afterthought, "For a number of years, simultaneously with his other activities, Kellogg was on special assignment with the Central Intelligence Agency."

Both Mr. Kissinger and Mr. Henckels said they knew nothing about that service.

Francis L. Kellogg was born on Jan. 5 , 1917, at 118 East 70th Street, three blocks from the building where he died, 775 Park Avenue. His parents were Emily and Frank Leonard Kellogg. He graduated from the Choate School and Princeton University and served in the Army during World War II, assigned to the Office of Strategic Services. ....

(Next is the address of the offices of John Train, associated with Francis Kellogg in the following "organization", and Kellogg was associated with both Train and Edwin Curtis "Buff" Bohlen of CIA and WWF. John Train is the husband of Francis Cheston. They certainly never let up, live very long lives, and pass the agendas along from one generation to the next.)

http://www.namebase.org/sources/JI.html

Afghanistan Relief Committee, Suite 4100, 345 Park Avenue, New York NY 10154, Tel: 212-355-2931. Financial Statement, 1987. 6 pages....

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E5D71E39F932A25752C1A967948260&sec=health&spon=&pagewanted=all

QUEEN AND A FIRST LADY AT CHARITY GALA

By ENID NEMY

Published: November 11, 1981

....Some $350,000 was raised, and even Big Apple sophisticates were not immune when the Queen of Thailand glided in and Imelda Marcos, First Lady of the Philippines, popped out of the blue and worked the room as if it were the United Nations or a political meeting in Manila.

Queen Sirikit, in a gold brocade dress with a huge diamond sunburst at the waist and a diamond bird perched on one shoulder, was on hand to receive the first Save the Children Distinguished Service Award, presented by David Rockefeller, who had just spent 48 hours on a plane from New Guinea. As the program promised, W.Michael Blumenthal, chairman of the board of the Burroughs Corporation, and Anthony Drexel Duke, also received awards, one corporate and the other humanitarian, presented by Senator Charles H. Percy and Senator Claiborne Pell.

What some considered the highlight of the evening was not on the program. The Queen's 24-year-old daughter, Princess Chulabhon, stood up and sang in both English and Thai a song called ''Love at Sundown.'' Composed by her father, King Phumiphol Aduldet, when he was 18 years old, it is said to be a favorite of the royal couple.

There was no singing by the Queen's older daughter, who remained quietly in the background through most of the party. ''I am no longer royalty,'' said the former Princess, now Julie Jensen of La Jolla, Calif, who married Peter Jensen, an American citizen, nine years ago. She said she was busy looking after her daughter, Ploypailin, and doing free-lance consulting work in data processing.

Mrs. Marcos, who appeared at the reception in a pink embroidered white dress with her trademark butterfly sleeves, said she did not know anything about the party until the last minute. ''I was supposed to go to the Opera but the Queen phoned 10 minutes ago and said, 'Come down,' '' she said. However, David L. Guyer, president of Save the Children, said, ''The Queen had tea with Mrs. Marcos and she invited her then.''

No matter. Mrs. Marcos did not stay to dinner, but some 380 people who paid $250 each did (the charity was expected to end up with more than $50,000). Among them were Marjorie C. Benton, chairman of the board; Mercedes and Francis Kellogg; James A. Linen 3d; Paloma Picasso and her husband, Rafael Lopez-Sanchez; Sao Schlumberger and Perla Mattison of Paris; Pat and William Pickens; Marylou Whitney; Francis T..P. Plimpton; Charles S. Whitehouse, a former envoy to Thailand, and his mother, Mary Whitehouse; Sandra and Charles Gilman, and Fernanda and Frank Gilligan. ....

...This is where these coincidences get even more interesting, if for no other reason than because the following is an indication that John J. McCloy withheld his own familiarity with or knowledge of the activities of James R. Greene in the WC record, and the WC investigative counsel (Albert Jenner), or for that matter, the HSCA, erred by not compelling the testimony of Anthony Czaikowski, Thomas Devine, and James Greene.

Considering that James R. Greene later worked closely in a Caribbean Basin U.S. policy initiative with Brent Scowcroft and was in CFR along with Macomber, his brother, John, and so many others close to the coincidences I've presented here, I was intrigued to find this in my notes from my earlier James R. Greene research. The names of Debevoise & Plimpton partner, Francis Plimpton and his law partner Robert G. Page's immediate subordinate at Phelps Dodge, are associated with James R. Greene and his work in Latin America. The original Spanish text is followed by the English text output of the Google translation service.:...

Edited by Tom Scully

.....more

Signed A F CZAJKOWSKI

END

Ferrie Connection?

On March 1, 1967 TP T-13 advised that a news broadcast on the Spanish language radio station had recently been heard in Tampa indicating that an individual named DEL VALLE had been murdered in Miami on February 23, 1967, and that the radio broadcast described the dead man as a "Lieutenant" of SANTO TRAFFICANTE. It was subsequently determined that the broadcast referred to the murder of ELADIO DEL VALLE also known as YOTO a Cuban exile known to be a smuggler and engaged in anti CASTRO activities with no known connection between him and SANTOS TRAFFICANTE, JR.

Final Note

and Oswald remained asleep. She began feeding the baby and at about 7 o'clock she awoke

Probably just a coincidence that Oswald overslept on what the LN's regard as the most fateful morning of his life. Maybe he had yet to decide he would attempt to shoot President Kennedy until after Marina awakened him?

Robert, you would think there would not be more than one AF Czajkowski with a military and foreign service background, but...think again. I started this thread, a year ago.:

http://educationforu...showtopic=15576

Anthony F. Czajkowski aka Tony Czaikowsky of the CIA Background on Agent Who Met With DeMohrenschildt, Charles, and Matlack

Call me crazy, but I just cannot seem to shake this inane quote.:

http://www.google.co...0f78c692ae3c498

Federal bar news: Volume 13

Federal Bar Association - 1966 - Snippet view

In his address, Mr. Jenner stated that a series of extraordinary coincidences made it seem most likely that the assassination of President Kennedy was the work of one man — Lee Harvey Oswald. "After months of intensive research, the reading of some 40000 pages of material assembled by units of the federal government, and the questioning of scores of persons, including Oswald's wife, we came to the conclusion that there was no conspiracy, either domestic or foreign," Jenner said...

By the way...do you think I hit a nerve, here?:

Is it only a coincidence that CIA's Anikeeff arranged for de Mohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles to meet with Clairborne Pell, a cousin of CIA "asset" Tom Devine's (aka Wubriny-1) financial firm partner, John Train? Claiborne Pell and Train were also cousins of the wife of one of the seven WC commissioners, Hale Boggs.

So how do you think Claiborne Pell fits into this entire JFK conundrum? Was he a deliberate and witting participant in the cover-up

or was he somehow involved in joining in with the likes of J. Strom Thurmond, John Tower, Barry Goldwater, Jesse Helms, James Eastland, et al in the actual plot to kill JFK? You are obviously implying that Senator Pell was involved somehow in this entire plot

in some sort of nefarious, fully complicit and/or conspiratorial manner. Would you care to elaborate? This should be rich if you have

the guts to respond. How does Pell's wife's relationship to Hale Boggs figure into this entire picture? Are you implying that she used

her influence to get Boggs to do something illegal or immoral or unethical or that her familial relationship to a member of the Warren

Commission somehow taints her with guilt by association? Tom, you are stooping pretty low here, I hope you realize this. Do you know how close the Pells were (and still are) to the Kennedys and how physically and emotionally distraught they were about his death? Do you know about the Bouvier and the Auchincloss families from Rhode Island and how close Jackie was to George deMohrenshildt as a child? She used to call him "Uncle George", in fact while bouncing on his knee in Newport. Can you be totally oblivious to how preposterous your statements and your implied claims actually are? Do you know how distraught George was about how how his association with Oswald made him look like an insensitive, callous and vindictive agent contributing indirectly or directly to the misery and suffering of Jackie Kennedy? And you call this "research?" I call this clueless, feckless, careless and callous beyond belief. You gotta get out of the house more, dude.

Call me crazy, all I see are families Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Whitney, Drexel, Morgan, etc., with the fingerprints of the CIA replete through the years, ties, and events, BWDIK?....

http://www.nytimes.c...r=2&oref=slogin

Francis L. Kellogg, 89, Diplomat and Prominent Socialite, Is Dead

By NADINE BROZAN

Published: April 15, 2006

...Known as a debonair man about town at the epicenter of New York City society, he was chief of protocol in New York for the United States Mission to the United Nations in 1976, the bicentennial year, during which he escorted more than 90 heads of state to New York or Washington. In the 1980's he was chief of protocol for Queen Sirikit of Thailand during her visits to this country, and founded the Thai Support Foundation.

He was a founding member and president of the Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, established in 1977 to promote a balance between technological advancement and environmental protection. He was also president of the National Committee on American Foreign Policy and of the World Wildlife Fund.

In a résumé he put together himself, he listed, almost as an afterthought, "For a number of years, simultaneously with his other activities, Kellogg was on special assignment with the Central Intelligence Agency."

Both Mr. Kissinger and Mr. Henckels said they knew nothing about that service.

Francis L. Kellogg was born on Jan. 5 , 1917, at 118 East 70th Street, three blocks from the building where he died, 775 Park Avenue. His parents were Emily and Frank Leonard Kellogg. He graduated from the Choate School and Princeton University and served in the Army during World War II, assigned to the Office of Strategic Services. ....

(Next is the address of the offices of John Train, associated with Francis Kellogg in the following "organization", and Kellogg was associated with both Train and Edwin Curtis "Buff" Bohlen of CIA and WWF. John Train is the husband of Francis Cheston. They certainly never let up, live very long lives, and pass the agendas along from one generation to the next.)

http://www.namebase....sources/JI.html

Afghanistan Relief Committee, Suite 4100, 345 Park Avenue, New York NY 10154, Tel: 212-355-2931. Financial Statement, 1987. 6 pages....

http://query.nytimes...&pagewanted=all

QUEEN AND A FIRST LADY AT CHARITY GALA

By ENID NEMY

Published: November 11, 1981

....Some $350,000 was raised, and even Big Apple sophisticates were not immune when the Queen of Thailand glided in and Imelda Marcos, First Lady of the Philippines, popped out of the blue and worked the room as if it were the United Nations or a political meeting in Manila.

Queen Sirikit, in a gold brocade dress with a huge diamond sunburst at the waist and a diamond bird perched on one shoulder, was on hand to receive the first Save the Children Distinguished Service Award, presented by David Rockefeller, who had just spent 48 hours on a plane from New Guinea. As the program promised, W.Michael Blumenthal, chairman of the board of the Burroughs Corporation, and Anthony Drexel Duke, also received awards, one corporate and the other humanitarian, presented by Senator Charles H. Percy and Senator Claiborne Pell.

What some considered the highlight of the evening was not on the program. The Queen's 24-year-old daughter, Princess Chulabhon, stood up and sang in both English and Thai a song called ''Love at Sundown.'' Composed by her father, King Phumiphol Aduldet, when he was 18 years old, it is said to be a favorite of the royal couple.

There was no singing by the Queen's older daughter, who remained quietly in the background through most of the party. ''I am no longer royalty,'' said the former Princess, now Julie Jensen of La Jolla, Calif, who married Peter Jensen, an American citizen, nine years ago. She said she was busy looking after her daughter, Ploypailin, and doing free-lance consulting work in data processing.

Mrs. Marcos, who appeared at the reception in a pink embroidered white dress with her trademark butterfly sleeves, said she did not know anything about the party until the last minute. ''I was supposed to go to the Opera but the Queen phoned 10 minutes ago and said, 'Come down,' '' she said. However, David L. Guyer, president of Save the Children, said, ''The Queen had tea with Mrs. Marcos and she invited her then.''

No matter. Mrs. Marcos did not stay to dinner, but some 380 people who paid $250 each did (the charity was expected to end up with more than $50,000). Among them were Marjorie C. Benton, chairman of the board; Mercedes and Francis Kellogg; James A. Linen 3d; Paloma Picasso and her husband, Rafael Lopez-Sanchez; Sao Schlumberger and Perla Mattison of Paris; Pat and William Pickens; Marylou Whitney; Francis T..P. Plimpton; Charles S. Whitehouse, a former envoy to Thailand, and his mother, Mary Whitehouse; Sandra and Charles Gilman, and Fernanda and Frank Gilligan. ....

...This is where these coincidences get even more interesting, if for no other reason than because the following is an indication that John J. McCloy withheld his own familiarity with or knowledge of the activities of James R. Greene in the WC record, and the WC investigative counsel (Albert Jenner), or for that matter, the HSCA, erred by not compelling the testimony of Anthony Czaikowski, Thomas Devine, and James Greene.

Considering that James R. Greene later worked closely in a Caribbean Basin U.S. policy initiative with Brent Scowcroft and was in CFR along with Macomber, his brother, John, and so many others close to the coincidences I've presented here, I was intrigued to find this in my notes from my earlier James R. Greene research. The names of Debevoise & Plimpton partner, Francis Plimpton and his law partner Robert G. Page's immediate subordinate at Phelps Dodge, are associated with James R. Greene and his work in Latin America. The original Spanish text is followed by the English text output of the Google translation service.:...

Well you have posed several points, I would attempt to make the following points.

1. You obviously struck a chord with John, I can't really say much except that with regards to research, the names are only as important as the relationships and circumstances

lead to. So the significance or vice versa of Claiborne Pell or whathaveyou, is in many ways in the eye of the beholder.

2. With regards to the social political associations of diplomats and figures such as the Drexel, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt and Morgan, the same applies, the dynamic to me is that, in the same way that certain families have had more than one occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., [Adams, Roosevelt, Bush], the sub-rung of diplomats and Secretaries of State has a dynamic that is not unlike the former.

3. Regarding someone like the late Francis Kellogg, the most interesting point I could make about him and his career, and linkages to this thread would be to suggest reading pages 137-40 and 150-156 of James Srodes, Allen Dulles: Master of Spies.....

Kellogg was responsible for appointing Allen Dulles to go to London, circa late 1925 for preliminary meetings which would eventually lead to the 1927 Naval Disarmament Conference, the State Department changed its mind and instead Dulles was supposed to go to China in 1926 as a counselor to the U.S. legation in Peking. Foster Dulles wound up offering

Dulles a lucrative salary, and the long and the short of it was Allen Dulles nixed the China post and resigned for the once only opportunity;

Srodes wrote that this "caused an uproar," as Allen was an up and coming diplomat; I would add, and who once missed a chance to possibly alter world geopolitical history

by not seeing Vladimir Ilyuvich Lenin, when he was on his way from Europe to begin the Bolshevik Revolution and tried to see Allen in Switzerland see pages 80-81; Allen told Lenin to call back the next day. Whoops

At any rate the main reason I suggest reading Srodes are the references to "The Room," [whom Srodes describes as "a precursor of the World War II OSS operation, founded by Vincent Astor, East 62nd Street; pg 153] you can really get a feel for how the diplomatic circles worked, at least back then, [british/American 1917 Paris Peace diplomatic vets, clandestine money laundering] in those pages you will, besides reading about Kellogg, and other movers and shakers, see a reference to Hamilton Fish Armstrong, who is a big person in B C Adamson's version of the JFK saga, and probably is worth more than a passing mention insofar as it relates to this thread.

Edited by Robert Howard

Suzy Says

DeMohrenschildt Mystery

By Suzy Knickerbocker

4/16/77 DMN

In all of the front-page coverage of the

Palm Beach suicide of Russian emigre

George DeMohrenschildt (he came here in 1921)

and his possible involvement in the President

Kennedy assassination through his friendship

with Lee Harvey Oswald and his Russian-born

wife, De Mohrenschildt is constantly referred to

as a mystery man and reputed member of Russian

nobility.

He was neither.

De Mohrenschildt was a bona fide member of the

Russian aristocracy and connected by marriage

to some of New York and Philadelphia’s best

families. One of his cousins Ferdinand de Moh-

renschildt, an official of the Soviet Embassy,

married the late Nona McAdoo, daughter of Sen.

William Gibbs McAdoo.

(Sen McAdoo secretary of the Treasury

in Woodrow Wilson’s administration, was the

husband of President Wilson’s daughter

Eleanor Wilson McAdoo). De Mohrenschildt’s

uncle, a Count Dimitri, who taught languages at

Yale and Dartmouth, married very social,

very rich Mrs Roland Mather Hooker (she was known

everywhere as the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt.

De Mohrenschildt himself married four times,

His second wife was Wynne Sharples, a Main-Line

heiress, now Mrs. Peter Ballinger of Villanova, Pa.

While De Mohrenschildt seldom used a title

his third wife, Phyliss Washington Clucas,

hadn’t stopped calling herself the Baroness

de Mohrenschildt when last heard from.

To put the cherry on the sundae of De Mohrenschildt’s

high profile of high society, he used to know and

see Jackie Onassis’ mother, Mrs. Hugh D. Auchinsloss

(she was between marriages) during summer vacations

visiting the Hooker family in Esthampton, L.I.

In fact, this self-proclaimed society-hater, a geologist

who insisted he was most comfortable amongst

intellectuals spent a lot of time hanging around

the Racquet Club, the exclusive New York male

stronghold with Edward Hooker (the son of

his stepaunt, the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt)

and such sound social chaps as Staley

Tregellas and Jake Cogswell. Hooker invested

heavily in a failed Haitian oil lease deal that turned

out a collossal failure. Hooker lost a fortune that he

never quite recovered.

He returned to Wall Street and subsequently died.

According to family and friends DeMohrenschildt

was undoubtedly a CIA stringer and periodically

made unexplained trips abroad. His Socially

Registered confidant Jake Cogswell, another CIA

stringer, who established residence in Cuba before

Castro. He barely made it out before the ax fell

heiress’ Joan Demers and Cynthia Cannon

Cynthia, big in the horse world, lives in London

and Millbrook, N.Y.

Joan big in the oil world, lives in Palm Beach and

and Texas.

In the last years of his life, George DeMohrenschildt

dropped out of the New York scene, married his

present widow and became Texas-tied, severing

all contacts with former friends and business associates.

Oddly, this man, reputed to know the real story

behind the Kennedy assassination, crossed paths

during his life with two presidential families—

the Kennedy’s, through his acquaintance with

Jackie’s mother and the Wilsons through his marriage

to Woodrow Wilson’s granddaughter Nona McAdoo.

Robert: For persons who are interested in this aspect of research

you may, like I did, wonder if “Suzy Knickerbocker,”

was related to the Cassini’s, since Igor used the

nom de plume “Cholly Knickerbocker.”

Apparently not. Her real name was Aileen Elder Mehle.

A Texan, Davis writes that Mehle’s brother-in-law was

Karim Aga Khan.

Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black and White Ball...Deborah Davis - 2010

Mehle’s effervescent combination of wit and irony in her column “Society by Suzy Knickerbocker”

won coverage in national magazines. In Life, which called her the brightest and most widely read

society columnist in the country....”

LIFE Nov 11, 1966

CLOSEUP AILEEN MEHLE, THE REAL SUZY KNICKERBOCKER

Ironically she was on What's My Line, with her son as a mystery

guest in the post-Kilgallen era of the show

Suzy Knickerbocker (Aileen Elder Mehle) married Rear Admiral Roger W. Mehle, Sr. on June 20, 1939. Their son, Roger W. Mehle, Jr.,

was born on December 28, 1941. His parents were divorced at some time prior to the Admiral's second (of 3 total) marriage in 1948.

As of 2004, our mystery guest is currently practicing law.

Guest Tom Scully

Hmmm... Robert. You post this information, but I cannot prompt you, or anyone else on this forum to respond to my recently posted discoveries that the owner of the house where DeMohrenschildt rented in DC in spring, 1942, the later murdered Rear Adm., Paul L. Joachim, was the stepson of the designer of ONI's first KataKana typewriter, (Underwood Code Machine) and that the wife of Lt. Cmdr. Harry Hull, a co-resident at Joachim's boarding house, was the first cousin of "Jake" aka Jack, aka James Kelsey Cogswell, III?

Hmmm... Robert. You post this information, but I cannot prompt you, or anyone else on this forum to respond to my recently posted discoveries that the owner of the house where DeMohrenschildt rented in DC in spring, 1942, the later murdered Rear Adm., Paul L. Joachim, was the stepson of the designer of ONI's first KataKana typewriter, (Underwood Code Machine) and that the wife of Lt. Cmdr. Harry Hull, a co-resident at Joachim's boarding house, was the first cousin of "Jake" aka Jack, aka James Kelsey Cogswell, III?

I am, as they say all over it.

There is so much to assimilate on that post, but for now

and thanks.......

Chicago Tribune (IL) - October 22, 1962

ART DEALER ROBBED, SLAIN

PAUL JOACHIM SHOT IN LAKE SHORE DRIVE

Killer Goes Thru His Pockets

Deceased Name: Paul L. Joachim

Paul L. Joachim, 50, of 1400 Lake Shore dr., a near north side art dealer, was robbed and shot to death early today in front of 1350 Lake Shore dr.

Joachim, a retired rear admiral who operated the Joachim Gallery at 226 E. Ontario st., was walking in Lake Shore drive when he was accosted by a gunman who shot him four times during a struggle, searched his pockets, and fled. Joachim was rushed to Henrotin hospital, where he was dead on arrival.

The robbery and murder were witnessed by a TRIBUNE circulation truck driver, Richard Tully, 35, of 5758 Montrose av.

Tells of Shooting

This is Tully's account:

"I was driving south in Lake Shore drive approaching Banks street when I saw two men struggling on the sidewalk in front of a fenced-in parking lot on the southwest corner.

"I stopped the truck about 75 feet past the two and looked back. I heard two shots and saw one man scream and sink to the ground. Then as he went down the gunman fired one more shot at him.

"He then frisked the man's pockets, started to walk away, came back, and went thru the pockets again. He then walked to Banks street and went west.

Hears Radio Report

"I started up the truck and drove to Division and State streets, where I hailed a policeman and reported the incident to him. As I talked to him, a call came over his squad radio that a man had been shot at Banks and Lake Shore drive."

Doctors at Henrotin hospital said that Joachim was shot four times, twice in the groin, once in the right arm, and once in the heart. Two of his trouser pockets were turned inside out. In another pocket police found a money clip containing a $20, a $10, and a $5 bill.

Drives Sports Car

Another witness told police that the slayer was young man. Other witnesses told police that shortly after the shooting they saw a youth about 17 to 18 years of age, wearing dark trousers and a three quarter length coat, drive out of the parking lot at the southwest corner of the intersection in a twotone foreign sports car.

Lt. James Ruane, who sent squads into the area in a search for the killer, ordered a search for the car.

Two friends of Joachim--Edward Adamic, 35, of 15 W. Burton pl., a chemist, and Frank Oehlshaeger, 52, of 107 E. Oak st., an art dealer--told police that Joachim had planned to go to the Lyric opera at the Civic Opera House last night.

Adamic and Oehlshaeger said Joachim liked to walk and may have been out for a stroll when the robber-slayer accosted him about 1:03 a.m.

Retired from Navy

Joachim retired from the navy shortly after World War II. He later became director of the Feingarten art gallery at 58 E. Walton st., and in October, 1960 opened his gallery at 56 E. Walton st.

He had traveled extensively in Europe, purchasing contemporary paintings of the nonobjective school for his gallery. Joachim, who was an artist himself, said he also wished to show worthwhile works of the realistic school. This month he opened his gallery at the 226 E. Ontario st. location.

Guest Tom Scully

Forgive the style of this post. I found the following relationships extremely interesting, and in my haste to share this information, it is presented in raw form.....

Busy people with too much privilege, time and money on their hands. How did alphabet agencies expect to use men like Chandor and Cogswell who accumulated a half dozen wives and expect them to be discreet in service to capitalist extremist/intelligence operations around the world?

In this post: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=170936

on the Josefa Johnson thread, I've documented that the woman described below, from a Louisville, KY family with

extremely close ties to GHW Bush's "best friend", Will S. Farish III, while she was a guest of Thomas J. Devine's investment firm partner John Train's aunt. Maud Coster Salm Hope. and first cousin, H. Alexander Salm, admitted to stealing the diamond jewelry of fellow house-guest of the Salm-Hope residence in Tuxedo Park, NY, Mrs. Charlene Wrightsman. If it is true that George DeMohrenschildt was a friend of Charlene's husband, Igor Cassini, then it seems that this relationship with people close to GHW Bush in several ways, is deserving of much more scrutiny!

In admitted jewel thief Ethel Carhart Jones's wedding to John Stewart Taylor, an engineer and graduate of Princeton, Univ.. John Train's first cousin H. Alexander Salm served as an usher. After admitting she stole Charlene Wrightsman's jewelry, which was recovered in Ethel's home upon execution of a search warrant, Ethel Jones Taylor was found not guilty of the thefts by reason of insanity.

GEM THEFT VICTIM BEFRIENDS SUSPECT

- New York Times - May 21, 1953

Taylor's , Warner LeVie Jones, former chairman of th board of Standard Oil Company of New Jersey. She described the 26-yearold accused Woman as a "happy, ...

ETHEL JONES BRIDE IN LOCUST VALLEY; Married at Piping Rock Club to …

- New York Times - Jun 7, 1947

James Wareham was best man. Ushers were Frederick C. Tanner Jr., Alexander Salm, David Hamil|ton, William Finley, Stephen McPartland and Edward Thurber.

This is the announcement of Ethel Jone's parent's wedding in 1925, and background of the Jones family patriarch:

Performed by the Rev. Dr. Wm. F. Sunday in Home of Mr. and Mrs. …

- New York Times - Nov 12, 1925

Ethel A. Carhart, was married to Warner L. Jones, son of Mrs. Saunders Jones of Louisville, Ky., yesterday afternoon at the home of i,Ir, and Mrs. Douglas W. Pafge, ...

New York Times - Sep 26, 1925

Mrs. Henry B. Carhart of Weztbury, L. L, bas-announced the engagement of her daughter, lss Ethel A. Carhart, to Warner L. Jones, son of . Saunders C, Jones ...

http://books.google.com/books?id=aX0DAAAAY...nes&f=false

The Historical register ... illustrated with portrait plates - Google Books Result

by Edwin C. Hill - 1922 - Biography & Autobiography

Saunders Paul Jones I AUNDERS PAUL JONES was born at Richmond, Virginia, September 16th, 1857; son of Colonel Warner Paul Jones, who was killed while ..

Here is a little food for thought.........

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb06?_CASSINI_IGOR_

BTW

You can add Allen Dulles to Igor Cassini's social circle.....

- excerpts Pages 280-81

The Last Playboy: The High Life of Porfirio Rubirosa Shawn Levy - 2006

“Soon after, playing golf with CIA director Allen Dulles, Cassini mentioned Rubi's fear that the Dominican Republic might go Red (as the sons of a White Russian, the Cassinis were staunchly anti-Communist). And that chat was immediately followed by a conversation between Cassini and Joe Kennedy, who promised to alert his son.” Levy asserts that “a cadre of conspirators kept asking Henry Dearborn for CIA aid in removing Trujillo and received caches of American weapons that had been shipped into the country under the guise of diplomatic material."

also See Rose Kennedy Times To Remember

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=bks%3A1&q=%22*New+York+17+Pres%3A+Richard+P+Fischer+VP%3A+James+K+Cogswell+HI+Sec-Treas%3A+E+Harlng+Chandor+%28See+Ore%29%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Mining world: Volume 18

Pacific chemical and metallurgical industries - 1956 - Snippet view

North Carolina MERCURY 4 CHEMICALS CORP 342 Madison Ave, New York 17 Pres: Richard P Fischer VP: James K Cogswell HI Sec-Treas: E Harlng Chandor

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=bks%3A1&q=fischer+chandor+black&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Mines register: Volume 25

No cover image

1956 - Snippet view

N Y. OFFICERS: Richard P Fischer, près; EH Chandor, sec-treat. PROPERTY : Black Butte mercury mine in SW Ores ; In former operations development work was done through adit ; new owners have been exploring the property. .

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1%2Car%3A1&q=to+Albert+Pershing+Hildebrandt%2C+son&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

MISS GAY SEMLER BECOMES FIANCEE; Former Vassar Student to...

$3.95 - New York Times - Oct 17, 1952

... Student to Be Bride of Albert Hildebrandt, Who Is MIT Alumnus [r. and 1V[rs. ... to Albert Pershing Iildebrandt, son of Mr. and Mrs, J. Hildebrandt of ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1%2Car%3A1&q=1105+Park+Avenue%2C+to+Albert+Pershing+Hildebrandt+best+man+cogswell&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

{IB8 0AY $BMLF BB01B8 A BRDB; Ladies Home Journal Is Wed J...

$3.95 - New York Times - Dec 14, 1952

G. Herbert Semler of 1105 Park Avenue, to Albert Pershing Hildebrandt, son of Mr . and Mrs. Albert J. Hildebrandt of Baltimore. The ceremony was performed by ... Frank Schiff of New York was best man. The ushers were George Herbert Semler Jr. and Peter Semler, brothers of the bride; Albert ]G. Rupp of Locust Valley, LI; Gordon B. 1V/ of Greenwich, Conn., and New York; E. Haring Chandor, James K. Cogswell and Bedford Chapin of Baltimore.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10810F73D5E0C718EDDAD0894DC404482

Frank Schiff Is Dead at 83; Headed Big Insurance Broker

By WOLFGANG SAXON

Published: April 22, 2004

Frank Schiff, the third generation of a New York family to run a prominent old-line insurance brokerage business before global conglomerates became dominant, died on April 8 at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He was 83 and lived on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

Mr. Schiff died after a brief illness, said David Schiff, a nephew and editor of Schiff's Insurance Observer.

As his grandfather Simon and his father, William, had before him, Frank Schiff headed Schiff Terhune Inc., a nationwide concern that provided general insurance and risk-management services to large corporations and their executives. It advised them on matters like loss control and the right mixture of insurance coverage, and it negotiated with insurers on their behalf.

The company, with headquarters on Maiden Lane in the financial district of Manhattan, was founded by Simon Schiff in 1906.

Frank Schiff, a native New Yorker, attended Lawrenceville School in New Jersey and Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y. In 1941 he entered military service and rose to the rank of captain, working in intelligence with the Ninth Air Force in Europe.

Mr. Schiff's father died in 1964, and he became chairman and chief executive of Schiff Terhune. During his tenure, the company grew into Schiff Terhune International, one of the country's largest private insurance brokers, eventually handling clients' premiums worth about $250 million a year. It counted among its clients corporations like Allied Stores, CBS, Chris-Craft Industries, Piper Aircraft, Philip Morris and Siemens.

Schiff Terhune's revenue had increased 10-fold by 1982, when it was acquired by Reed Stenhouse of Canada and became part of a still larger holding company, the brokerage firm of Alexander & Alexander. Mr. Schiff stayed on as a vice chairman until his retirement in 1988.

In 1997, Alexander & Alexander was bought by the Aon Corporation of Chicago, which through a series of acquisitions has become the world's second-largest insurance broker, after the Marsh & McLennan Companies of New York. ....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1%2Car%3A1&q=Col.+William+Schiff&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

LIEUT. TERRY SCHIFF; Son of Lieutenant Colonel Is Dead at...

$3.95 - New York Times - Oct 8, 1941

Lieutenant Terry Schiff of the Twenty-eighth Infantry, Eighth Division, USA, son of Lieut. Col. William Schiff and Mrs. Schiff of Mount Kisco, NY, ...

MRS. WILLIAM SCHIFF; Red Cross Worker Was Wife of 'Donor of...

$3.95 - New York Times - Aug 28, 1943

Mrs. Eugenie S. Schiff, wife of Col. William Schiff, USA, a resident of Ardshiel , Mount Kisco, NY, died in this city on ThUrsday, after an illness of ...

MRS. ALICE T. BLUE WED; Widow of Navy Officer Married to...

$3.95 - New York Times - Nov 25, 1945

John Stuart Blue, USN, son of the late Admiral Victor Blue, USN, was married to Col. William Schiff, AUS, of the General Staff Corps, yesterday afternoon in ...

WILLIA $OHIFF, WR PAY$TERI; Former Fiscal Oireotor of 2d...

$3.95 - New York Times - Nov 20, 1964

WILLIA $, WR PAY$TERI Former Fiscal Oireotor of 2d Service Command Dies i Col. William Schiff, a Army officer who had been fiscal director of the Second ...

SIMON SCHIFF

$3.95 - New York Times - Jan 2, 1949

He leaves his wife, former Adelaide Davison; a Son, Col. William Schiff of ount Kisco, N, Y., present head of the firm, and a director of the Altman ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1%2Car%3A1&q=Albert+J.+Hildebrandt+of+Baltimore.+best+man&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

SARAH. CHAPMAN BALTIMORE BRIDE; Attired in Satin Gown at Her Marriage to John George Ledes, an S. E. C. Aide

Special to The New York Tlma. ();

November 06, 1955,

...Ivan Obolensky was best man for the bridegroom, who is the son best man for the bridegroom, who is the son of Mr. and Mrs. George Vasili Ledes of New York.

Th1/2 ushers were Lindsay Bradford Jr., Richard Brennan, .Russell Forgan Jr., Albert Hildebrandt, M. Joseph Lebworth, Austin Par* ker, Garrick Stephenson and Claude Ledes, a brother 'of the bridegroom....

http://www.smokershistory.com/PHoffman.htm

The Paul G. Hoffman Page

...Field, Glore & Co., Lehman Brothers, Goldman, Sachs & Co, and Hayden, Stone & Co. underwrote the reorganization of Studebaker and installed Paul G. Hoffman as its president. (Studebaker Plans Approved By Court. New York Times, Jan. 29, 1935.) Charles F. Glore of Field, Glore and John Hertz of Lehman Brothers joined the Studebaker board. (Join Studebaker Board. New York Times, Sep. 29, 1935.) Field retired from banking in 1935. (Marshall Field to Leave Banking. New York Times, Jun. 29, 1935.) Field, Glore changed its name to Glore, Forgan in 1937. (Banking Firm to Change. New York Times, Dec. 22, 1936.) Its chairman, James Russell Forgan, who became a partner in 1930, served in the European theater of the Office of Strategic Services during World War II, and was chairman of the two committees that prepared the planning documents for the creation of the C.I.A. He was a 1922 Graduate of Princeton. (J. Russell Forgan Dead At 73; Banker Was Official of O.S.S. New York Times, Feb. 1, 1974.)...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1%2Car%3A1&q=chandor+igor+cassini+&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Igor Cassini Indicted as Failing To Register as Trujillo...

$3.95 - New York Times - Feb 9, 1963

Igor Cassini, a New York society columnist and international publicity agent, ... Mr. Chandor is an official of Martial. He was named with Mr. Cassini as ...

JURY INDICTS IGOR CASSINI‎ - The Sun (Pay-Per-View)

all 27 news articles »

Igor Cassini Files Under Foreign Agents Registration Act

$3.95 - New York Times - Dec 13, 1963

Igor Cassini, former New York society columnist, has filed papers detailing ... checks could be drawn both by Cassini and an associate, E. Haring Chandor. ...

Igor Cassini Indicted as Trujillo Publicist

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Feb 9, 1963

Igor Cassini syndicated New York society columnist was indicted Friday on ... accused as a defendant was E Haring Chandor another Cassini as sociate said in ...

AIDES ARE LISTED FOR BALL NOV 22 Knickerbocker Event Will...

$3.95 - New York Times - Nov 14, 1957

... Mrs Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney and Oleg Cassini executive chairmen of the ... Thibault Mrs Clark Williams Mrs E Haring Chandor Mrs James K Cogswell 3d .

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=3MstAAAAIBAJ&sjid=j4wFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2814,5706959&dq=chandor+igor+cassini&hl=en

Success On Runway's Not Enough By .By Eugenia Sheppard .

Palm Beach Daily News - Mar 29, 1979

... man about town Red Chandor who considerably enlarged her ac quaintance After ... included Lester Persky Truman Capote Oleg and Igor Cassini Susan Fine ..

http://paw.princeton.edu/memorials/21/72/index.xml

Princeton Alumni Weekly: Elbert Haring Chandor

- 1:58am

Apr 7, 2004 ... The Class of 1942. Post a remembrance. Post a remembrance. Elbert Haring Chandor. Name: Princeton class/....

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/04/classified/paid-notice-deaths-chandor-e-haring.html

Published: January 04, 2004

CHANDOR--E. Haring. 82, died December 22, 2003, in NYC. ....His only son, Peter Haring Chandor, died in 1995....

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=The+Washington+Pay-Off.+1972+%22*who+readily+agreed+to+work+with+wels%22&btnG=Search+Books

The Washington pay-off: an insider's view of corruption in government

Robert N. Winter-Berger - 1972 - 341 pages - Snippet view

... was the famous criminal defender Maurice Edelbaum, who readily agreed to work with Wels with an assist from Schweitzer from the sidelines. ... Voloshen told me he was paying Chandor to advise Gilbert to accede to Voloshen's demands. ...

http://books.google.com/books?ei=tiqLTbDXBcqltwflvfH7DQ&ct=result&id=r9QlAAAAMAAJ&dq=The+Washington+Pay-Off.+1972&q=chandor#search_anchor

The Washington pay-off:

an insider's view of corruption in government

Front Cover

Robert N. Winter-Berger

...work with Wels with an assist from Schweitzer from the sidelines. On Monday, June 12, 1967, I accompanied Nathan Voloshen and Red Chandor to Sing Sing on their visit to Eddie Gilbert.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/1999/nov/19/author-in-town-to-cover-trial-fascinated-with-du-p/

Author in town to cover trial fascinated with du Pont story

Kim Smith

Friday, Nov. 19, 1999 | 11:16 a.m.

....At the time of Margello's death she was dating Dean MacGuigan, son of Lisa Dean Moseley, whose mother was the great, great, granddaughter of Eleuthere Irenee du Pont de Nemours, founder of the Du Pont chemical corporation. The corporation has 165 manufacturing and processing plants in 70 countries and generated $24.8 billion in revenues last year, according to the Du Pont web page.

Dunne's fascination isn't limited to the elegant genealogy. Moseley's husband, Christopher, confessed he hired Murillo and two others to murder Margello. He testified he didn't approve of the drug-addicted prostitute's relationship with MacGuigan....

"I've been interested in the case from the first day I read about it," Dunne said. "I used to vaguely know Lisa Dean Moseley and her first husband, the father of Dean MacGuigan, E. Haring Chandor. They were very colorful characters in New York in the 1950s."

Note: Please do not post the version of the immediately above Dominick Dunne reporting that was originally published in Vanity Fair...it is not suitable reading for school chidren!

Some credit where it may be due, although I did not use any lead sourced from Mr. Adamson in the course of putting together this post.:

In My research, Bruce Campbell Adamson, I swear the following to be true and correct. I believe there are several motives and they are all correct:

1). Mrs. Igor Cassini's suicide, (aka. Charlene Wrightsman father mentor to Conrad Black) Charlene and Igor were friends of de Mohrenschildt's event--April 7, 1963; This motive gives de Mohrenschildt a sense of HONOR for acting on friendship.

2). Bay of Pigs failure, G.H.W. Bush's operation for CIA April 1961;

3). Firing of Allen Dulles as CIA Director, Nov. 1961...

Guest Tom Scully
http://www.ctka.net/someone_would.html

Reviewed by James DiEugenio

.....(I didn't think it was possible, but Burton Hersh's book Bobby and J. Edgar is even more awful than The Dark Side of Camelot. It is such an atrocity, I couldn't even finish it.)...

http://www.ctka.net/brothers.html

By James DiEugenio

..I don't even want to mention the last major source Talbot uses to complete this rickety shack. I have a hard time even typing his name. But I have to. Its sleazy biographer David Heymann. Heymann wrote one of the very worst books ever published on Bobby Kennedy, and has made a lucrative career out of trashing the Kennedy family. For me, Heymann is either a notch above or below the likes of Kitty Kelley. But when you're that low, who's measuring? ...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=%22*chandor%2C+a+new+york+socialite%22&btnG=Search+Books

Bobby and J. Edgar: the historic face-off between the Kennedys and ...

Burton Hersh - 2007 - 612 pages - Snippet view

...Rose became a Papal Countess; Joe went onto the board of Notre Dame for a time and cultivated its indulgent president, Father John Cavanaugh.

He solicited for Catholic charities, often depositing whatever gifts he collected in his own bank account and writing a tax-deductible covering check to the Holy See for whatever he decided.

Most significant, lured in by the plump little sexually ambiguous Francis Cardinal Spellman, Kennedy's became a well- attended voice in Catholic geopolitics. This involvement would invite very severe global consequences.

Periodically the pressure became insupportable and Kennedy dropped out.

Red Chandor, a New York socialite who was acquainted with the Kennedys, remembered being filled in by a member of the Adams family who put in time in a sanitarium with Joe during the middle Twenties: "Joe Kennedy was there having a nervous breakdown from, I guess, having too much money or something. . . .

Joe would get all the most important — you know, CEO's and people like that were there — and Joe would talk to them about their business and he would help them make out their income tax forms — And he said to my friend, who he roomed with

. . . This guy — That guy is so dumb, I'm going to take his company away from him one day. . . ." Sick as he got sometimes, the drive never wavered.

"I'm gonna make one of my sons the first Catholic president," Joe told Adams. "If one of my sons doesn't get it, another one will."

That made it excruciating when anything went sour. After all those months in California, Gloria Swanson would recount, determined as he was to "challenge all the swells to remember that this was the saloonkeeper's son" taking over the industry, Joe Kennedy degenerated into a chain-smoker and lost thirty-two pounds....

http://www.google.com/search?q=remembered%20Red%20Chandor%20political%20prostitute&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wp

RFK: a candid biography of Robert F. Kennedy

Clemens David Heymann - 1998 - 596 pages - Snippet view

After the meal, the two men issued a joint statement in which Dulles effectively disowned Stassen by commending McCarthy for his "first-rate" work. For his part, the senator conceded the president's primacy in the management of foreign affairs and pledged to turn over to the administration any new information he received regarding East- West commerce. McCarthy had been pleased by the initial labors of his assistant counsel. Four days after the news conference, Bobby's annual salary went from $4952.20 to $5334.57 in recognition of the "energy, judgment and imagination [he had] exercised in the conduct of this inquiry." Bobby, in turn, supported his chairman in the press, informing the Boston Post that he had been amazed by the manner in which McCarthy's detractors had ambushed him. "I don't know," Kennedy is quoted as saying. "I really don't. I had supposed that it just didn't make sense to anybody in this country that our major allies, whom we're aiding financially, should trade with the communists who are killing GIs." RKF's stance on McCarthy provoked criticism.

"I called and told him that McCarthy was bad news, a terrible tyrant," said Larry O'Brien.

"Frankly, I thought he was a little rat bastard," remembered Red Chandor, a New York socialite who occasionally crossed paths with the Kennedys. "I mean, here he was on the McCarthy committee. He was a political prostitute." Bobby's work for Joseph McCarthy reached its most public moment on May 4, when he testified as the chairman's lead witness in a subcommittee hearing.....

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22*checks+could+be+drawn+both+by+Cassini+and+an+associate,+E.+Haring+Chandor.%22&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=_ziMTbD7NIaXtweft-2sDQ&ved=0CA8QpwUoBQ

Igor Cassini Files Under Foreign Agents Registration Act

$3.95 - New York Times - Dec 13, 1963

... that $30000 was deposited in a Geneva bank account on which checks could be drawn both by Cassini and an associate, E. Haring Chandor.

Consider that Burton Hersh and Heymann permitted Chandor to smear the Kennedys without mentioning Chandor's WASP right wing extremist background or his dubious past....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=bks%3A1&q=%22Doubleday+ignores+the+threat%2C+Rizzoli%27s+International+Book*%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

FOI digest: Volume 4, Issue 6

No cover image

University of Missouri. Freedom of Information Center, National Editorial Association - 1963 - Snippet view

—"The Washington Pay-Off," written by Broadway producer and lobbyist Robert N. Winter-Berger, has been withdrawn (New York Times, 4-23-72) for sale from two bookstores, Brentano's and Scribner's, after stockbroker E. Haring Chandor and New York lawyer Richard H. Wels warned them the book contained "false and defamatory statements." Although Doubleday ignores the threat, Rizzoli's International Book Store will not display the book but will sell it "on request." 0

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&tbs=bks%3A1&q=When+at+breakfast+I+told+Red+Chandor+I+was+not+going+to+make+the+Gilbert-+Voloshen+introduction%2C+he+became+almost++&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

The Washington pay-off: an insider's view of corruption in government

Robert N. Winter-Berger - 1972 - 341 pages - Snippet view

He's waiting for me to call him now with your answer." "Well, all right." "Thanks." When at breakfast I told Red Chandor I was not going to make the Gilbert- Voloshen introduction, he became almost hysterical, begging me to meet Eddie ....

http://www.google.com/search?q=voloshen+gilbert+ford&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=zTeMTa7IA8WutweGnaG0DQ&ved=0CA8QpwUoBQ

Witness Links Gerald Ford 'Lobbyist' to Voloshen

$3.95 - New York Times - Jun 24, 1970

Voloshen called on Gilbert at Sing Sing and provided two lawyers to assist ... In Washington, a spokesman for Mr. Ford denied that Mr. Winterberger had ever ...

Ford's Aide Is Quoted In Testimony .‎ - Spokesman-Review

all 26 news articles »

SWEIG, VOLOSHEN FACE TRIAL TODAY; Javits, Pell and Ford...

$3.95 - New York Times - Jun 17, 1970

One of the dismissed counts charged Dr. Sweig and Mr. Voloshen with acting improperly as ... Among the jailed men were Edward Gilbert, a ;' stock swindler, ...

Third Fixer Linked To Gerald Ford's Office .

Ocala Star-Banner - Jan 27, 1970

Note: was Involved with Voloshen in a few alleged fixes, including the skillful shakedown of convicted embezzler Eddie Gilbert. ...

Ashington .Merry-go-round .House Leader...‎ - Nevada Daily Mail

More Fixing Is Uncovered .‎ - Beaver Country Times

Ford's Name Arises In Investigation .‎

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=61xIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=wgMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3155,4352790&dq=peter+maas+leaves+a+big+hole+in+my+life&hl=en

Maas Forced A Columnist Out Of The Shadows .

‎By Liz Smith

Toledo Blade - Aug 29, 2001

GOODBYE OLD FRIEND The unexpected death of writer journalist Peter Maas leaves a big hole in my life Maas who died Thursday at age was one of the greatest ....

12 DAILY NEWS-RECORD, Harrisonburg, Va., Saturday, June 2, 1984

Writer Says RFK 'Different'

NEW YORK (AP) - Robert Kennedy was "that rarest sort of person who constantly redefines himself,"

changing continually so he was "a man totally connected to his times," a writer who befriended him says.

"I've covered a lot of public figures in my time, and he was different from them all. The more you got to

know him, the better he looked," writes Peter Maas in an article in this week's Parade magazine.

Maas says Robert Kennedy bucked pressure from his father and, his brother, President John F. Kennedy,

and prosecuted society gossip columnist Igor Cassini — who wrote under the name Cholly Knickerbocker —

for acting as a secret agent for Gen. Rafael Trujillo of the Dominican Republic.

An FBI investigation had come up with nothing, but Maas' own research convinced Robert Kennedy

— then U.S. attorney general —to dig deeper. Cassini pleaded no contest to the charges and was fined.

"This was the last case I was looking to prosecute," Kennedy later said, according to Maas. "But what's

right is right."

5558098702_0e0baeb66d_b.jpg

Saturday Evening Post January 19,1963

page 26

Boswell of the Jet Set

Columnist Igor Cassini, who has made a career out of keepmg people in

the public eye, is now aftracting the critical eye of the Federal Government.

By PETER MAAS

...Random glances at his Cholly Knickerbocker column show that it's filled with references

to the "chic," "elegant" and "svvank" Colony Hotel. Sometimes Cassini

hits two birds with one item. One column noted, "Publisher-industrialist

Russell Maguire and his Mrs. stopping over at the swanky Colony Hotel in

Palm Beach before going on to Jamaica." This may not be of overwhelming interest

to Knickerbocker's readers, but it presumably delights the Colony Hotel,

and also Maguire, one of whose enterprises Cassini had landed as a Martial

client. Similarly, Cassini might report that Mr. and Mrs. Edward Gropper "are

down at the Colony Hotel in Palm Beach celebrating their wedding anniversary."

Readers who have no more interest in Gropper than in Maguire might as well

know that Gropper heads a cigar company which retains Martial for its public

relations.

Best-Dressed Wives

Cassini doesn't take all his clients to the Colony, however. When he prepared

a list of the world's best-dressed women he named Jacqueline Kennedy, Mrs.

Henry Ford II and the wives of three men who happened to have signed up

with Martial for public relations. One of them was Mrs. Edward Gilbert,

wife of the Wall Street wheelerdealer who skipped briefly to Brazil iast

summer after some dubious machinations in the stock market involving

funds of his firm, E. L. Bruce Company. Gilbert had hired Martial to oversee

public relations for the Bruce company. Cassini also filled his column with social

plugs for the Gilberts like "At the party were such other well-known New York

faces as Ambassador Aly Khan, Eddie and Rhoda Gilbert . . ."

Cassini took a different tack after Gilbert fled to Brazil. One column, in

the form of a memo from Cassini's secretary to him, declared, "1 read with

amusement where the other papers say that Gilbert was one of the big backers

of the swank Le Club. Soon they will say it was he who started Disneyland."

The fact is that Gilbert really was a major backer of Le Club, a private membership

New York nightclub that Cassini helped found. Cassini also served

as its president and plugged it repeatedly in his column.

And so goes the jet set. Cassini is forever finding fashionable affairs crowded

with people who are connected with Martial clients. In one column he managed

to work in eight such folk. At a party were not only the Eddie Gilberts

but the Basil Goulandrises. Goulaadris, a wealthy Greek, heads a Martial client

called Orion Shipping and Trading. At a society gala mentioned further along,

Cassini reported the presence of the Ed Groppers and "also spotted Harry

Winston." Winston, a Fifth Avenue jeweler, is also a public-relations account

at Martial.

January 19,1963 page 31

...Cassini himself dates his extreme interest in the Dominican Republic from

early in 1961. When I asked him about it he told me that he had learned from

such experts as Dominican playboy Porfirio Rubirosa that the Communists

planned a move to overthrow Trujillo. Cassini says that he brought up the

matter during a visit to his father-inlaw, Charles Wrightsman, in Palm Beach

in February, 1961. He spoke of it not only to neighbor Joseph P. Kennedy but

to Allen Dulles, then director of the Central Intelligence Agency, who was a

guest at the Wrighlsman home. On the basis of Rubirosa's reports of an impending

Communist revoll. Cassini "informally" promoted a confidential visit to the

Dominican Republic by a member of President Kennedy's Foreign Intelligence

Advisory Board, former Under Secretary of State Robert D. Murphy. In actual

fad, the main pressure on Trujillo at the time came not from any Communists but

from the State Department, which had joined a number of Latin states in applying

sanctions against the Dominican Republic as a result of Trujillo's attempt

to assassinate the president of Venezuela.

Cassini went along with Murphy "at his own expense." Whatever conclusions

may have been reached by the Murphy mission soon became academic as far as

Trujillo was concerned. On May 30 he was assassinated by a band of dissident

miiitar>' men. Cassini describes his role of diplomatic middleman as "modest," but

The Nuw York Times, which first revealed the Murphy mission, editorialized:

"................."

This was not the first time, howev-er, that Cassini had played a "modest" role

in Dominican Republic affairs. Just how modest remains to be determined by the

Justice Department and Senate investigations.

As a resuit of my own inquiries I can report that Cassini arranged in 1959

for a close friend and business associate to undertake a public-relations

program which would portray Trujillo as a "peaceful pro-American" and "anti-

Communist." This friend and business associate was Paul Englander, a New

York lawyer in his 7O's, who at the time was the secretary and treasurer of Martial.

(He retired in May of 1961.) Early in 1960 Cassini journeyed to the Dominican

Republic, where he met with Englander, a third Martial executive and Trujillo

himself to discuss Trujillo's image in the United States,

I first learned of these early links between Cassini and the Trujillo regime

last October when 1 heard that an executive whom Cassini hired to run Martial

had resigned in 1959 because of Cassini's effort to land the Dominican account.

The executive, a highly regarded publicrelations man named Donald Maher,

confirmed the reasons for his resignation and said he had tried to convince Cassini

to forget about the Dominican Republic, He recalls that Cassini replied, "You

don't have to be involved. It will be a separate company, and you won't have

anything to do with it,"

When I saw Cassini in his office at Martial he said Rubirosa had tried "once

or twice" to get him to take the Dominican account but that he had refused.

Other than that, he denied to me that he had any dealings with the Dominican

Republic or Trujillo before 1961, The foreign-agents' registry at the

Department of Justice seemed to confirm this, Americans representing foreign interests

are required to register as well as to explain in detail what they are up

to and why. If they do not they are subject to fines of "not more than SIO,-

000" or imprisonment "for not more than five years, or both,"

Martial, which regularly carries foreign accounts, was registered. As officers of

Martial, so were Cassini and Englander.

The Dominican Republic was not listed as a Martial account. Nor were Cassini

or Englander, either individually or corporately, registered elsewhere with

the Department of Justice in connection with the Trujillo regime, I then received

an anonymous telephone call which suggested that it might be "worthwhile" if 1

combed the foreign agents' registry for the names of any employees Cassini had

hired during the past five years.

I found such a person, and this led me into the incredibly complex web of Cassini's

Latin American affairs. He was Martin T. Birnbaum, who among other

things helped Cassini with his column. On August 3, 1959, he had registered as

an agent for the Dominican Republic, giving his employer as Inter-American

Public Relations Ltd, Inter-American, according to the Torm Birnbaum filled

out, had its home office in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Birnbaum was the only

U.S, citizen listed with the Justice Department as having any connection with

Inter-American.

Further investigation led nowhere at first. Inter-American had not been incorporated

in either Brazil or the United States. But I subsequently discovered

that the company had been incorporated in Nassau, Bahamas, British West Indies.

Records ¡n Nassau listed Inter-American's president as one Joao de Rezende,

who resides in Brazil and is a society gossip columnist there. Cassini is a close

enough friend of de Rezende to have attended his wedding. Although he was

listed as president, 1 discovered that de Rezende was a figurehead for Cassini's

business associate, Paul Englander, Engländer Got the Bills

Birnbaum, as required by law, had itemized a number of expenses he had

incurred while working for Inter-American.

Since New York telephone and postoffice records had no listing for Inter-

American as such, I asked several firms who had done business with Inter-

American where they sent their bills. They were forwarded, 1 learned, to the

office of a New York lawyer—Paul Englander.

Birnbaum, in his foreign-registration forms, had given his home address as

his place of business. When 1 questioned him about this, however, he said he had

worked primarily out of an apartment across the street from Martial. This

apartment had been leased by Cassini's brother Oleg.

One of Birnbaum's functions for Inter-American was the apparently modest

task of collecting newspaper and magazine articles in the United States that

contained favorable references to Trujillo, Birnbaum would then translate

them into Spanish and forward them to the Dominican Republic via the Trujillo

consulate in New York. In this task Birnbaum had to be assisted by a Martial

executive whose native language was Spanish, This executive told me that he

had been "requested" by Cassini to help Birnbaum. He added, "I did this editing

because it was not in my opinion involving me in any policy matters."

Birnbaum, after some hesitation, told me, "The Dominican account was in my

hands for more than a year. Englander was the man I worked for. He paid me.

To the best of my knowledge Igor never got anything for this deal." I asked

Birnbaum if he knew how representatives of Trujillo got together with Englander.

He replied, "Oh, that was Cassini. No question about it."

Next I learned that it was Paul Englander who actually signed the publicrelations

contract with the Trujillo regime. He signed as president of Inter-American.

He himself acknowledged this in a recent conversation T had with him. "I have

nothing to hide," he told me. He said that he had got the Dominican account

because Cassini "just tossed it my way" and that "I had done a damn good

public-relalions job for them." In this respect. Englander added that

the Dominican consul in New York at the time, Luis Mercado, was "tickled to

death that I was friendly to Cassini."...

But when I spoke to Mercado, who has taken refuge in suburban Long Island

since Trujillo's downfall, he said that it was only "in recent months" that he

had any idea that Englander even knew Cassini, much less that he had been a

business associate until May, 1961. There is another peculiar inconsistency

in Englander's remarks to me. On the one hand he defiantly declared, "You

can't find the slightest connection between Cassini and In ter-American. I hit the

ceiling when I found out what kind of questions you were asking. You're not

acting like a reporter; you're more like a private detective or a member of the

FBI or worse." On tbe other hand he said, "If Cassini did anything for Inter-

American, it was only at my request." One point is clear. Paul Engländer did

not, as the law requires, register as a foreign agent acting on behalf of the

Trujillo regime.

Despite his complex roles in diplomacy and public relations, Cassini likes to

refer to himself as a "newspaperman," and he takes a certain pride in his

achievements.

"My function is really that of an observer who comments on the passing

parade," he told me....

...Such is the world of Igor Cassini. Not long ago a scanner of his columns observed,

"'If you took a year's supply of them and put them on a pair of oldfashioned

scales against a piece of tissue paper, the tissue paper would weigh

more." To a Cassini adherent, any criticism is motivated by "jealousy." He tend.s

to agree with this. But occasionally a touch ofennuicnvelops him. "Sometimes

I get a little bored by all this," be told me. "What I've always wanted to do is

write a political column." THE END

Edited by Tom Scully

Thanks for the post, I knew a little about Paul Englander, but Birnbaum was a new one for me.

I keep thinking about LBJ's quote about the Carribean, "they were running a damn Murder Inc. down there;"

The inference being the Kennedy's were the responsible party. For Papa Doc Duvalier, Juan Bosch

and Trujillo, Murder Inc. was a way of life......which is why Kennedy was trying to influence the

region to reform itself in the first place.....

And DiEugenio is right about Burton Hersh, he does make Seymour Hersh, [are they related?}

look like a choirboy, the book has no boundaries, when it comes to feasting on the Kennedy's......

Maybe after reading about Igor Cassini, you might agree he was a cut-out, the idea

certainly doesent suffer from a lack of talking points.

On another front there is another name in the mix that was involved in a shakedown re the Dominican Republic....

First Name: Alexander

Middle Name:

Last Name: Guterma

Name Suffix:

Birth Date: 29 April 1917

Social Security Number: 091-26-7842

Place of Issuance: New York

Last Residence:

Zip Code of Last Residence:

Death Date: April 1977

Estimated Age at Death: 60

Book source Inside The GEMSTONE File

page 175 cites GUTERMA as a mystery death; says

he was a White Russian exile involved with the Gehlen operation (Nazis)

and George DeMohrenschildt.

Robert: Manner of death certainly doesen't dispel the idea, nor the time period.

See

http://groups.google...8e054c9e8287580

Speaking of Gehlen, here's a nifty quote from his own memoirs, he does not mention Guterma, BTW

"I now know that Captain Boker was acting on his own when he listened to my ideas for the reconstitution of my wartime group. There were still too many

hostile officers--- people with blind hatred of the Germans.....

Boker tells me he selected only five men for his special unit: Lieutenants John Zorek, Franz Brotzen, and Ulrich

Landauer [all German-born linguists of impeccable background]

Lieutenant Paul Comstock of Oklahoma who had political connections in the Senate which might prove useful

and Master Sergeant Benjamin Greenwald, from the German section at Camp Ritchie.

page 7, The Service: The Memoirs of General Reinhard Gehlen/Translated by David Irving - Popular Library - 1972

Bobby and J. Edgar pg 394, by Hersh, Burton (2007)

and in these pre-RICO days nothing he was up to was against the law. What started the landslide that very nearly buried Cohn was the involvement

of the stately White Russian scam artist and gambler Alexander Guterma. In an effort to make good on an IOU for $500,000 he had given to Clint

Murchison and several of the capos around the Genovese crime family.......

By 1958 the S.E.C. was moving in on the United Dye crowd, and by the middle of 1959 a grand jury had been empaneled in the Southern District

of New York. To limit his prison time, Guterma spilled his guts. Moe Dalitz and his associates retained Roy Cohn. Cohn apparently told the

gamblers that he would require $50,000 to make the necessary arrangements. This he would not collect if any of them were indicted. When the

indictment was handed up in August none of the Las Vegas group were implicated.

The War Conspiracy pg 210, by Scott, Peter Dale (2008)

-president of Commerce International was under indictment ten years later when he surfaced in the syndicate-linked Guterma scandals.

A director of Air America through the years has been Robert.......

DMN

December 23, 1962

Books in Brief: The Watchdogs of Wall Street

Hillel Black; Morrow

This book by the author of "Buy Now Pay Later"

gives the inside story of how the Securities

Exchange Commission exposes big stock mani-

pulators and protects investors. They include

Walter Tellier, king of the penny-stock salesmen;

Lowell Burrell, whose activities cost the public

fifty million dollars and <b>Alexander Gulerma who

faked a news story and thus obtained a fortune