The Education Forum

Jerry Owen

My investigation in Milwaukee determined that Bremer had a close association with a group of "Jesus Freaks" with a red, white and blue "Jesus Saves" bumper sticker. In other words pro-Nixon. This becomes interesting in light of the RFK case. Shortly after his assassination I inteviewed a fundamentalist free-lance preacher named Jerry Owen, The Walking Bible. He claimed he picked up Sirhan hitchhiking the day before the election and was to deliver a race track pony to him at the Ambassador Hotel on election night. To make a long story short---my book "The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy" recounts it in full---we determined that Owen had a pre-existing custodial relationship with Sirhan. In 1975 Owen sued a TV station that had disclosed the relationship, and he had a devoted follower named Gail Aiken ready as a character witness at the trial. Imagine his surprise when Vince Bugliosi, primed by us, asked Owen if Aiken was'nt Arthur Bremer's sister. With that Aiden was harriedly sent back to Florida where her brother, William Bremer Jr., had been convicted of fraud. William's attorney was Ellis Rubin, who represented the Miami Four in the Watergate prosecutions.

My investigation in Milwaukee determined that Bremer had a close association with a group of "Jesus Freaks" with  a red, white and blue "Jesus Saves" bumper sticker. In other words pro-Nixon. This becomes interesting in light of the RFK case. Shortly after his assassination I inteviewed a fundamentalist free-lance preacher named Jerry Owen, The Walking Bible. He claimed he picked up Sirhan hitchhiking the day before the election and was to deliver a race track pony to him at the Ambassador Hotel on election night. To make a long story short---my book "The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy" recounts it in full---we determined that Owen had a pre-existing custodial relationship with Sirhan. In 1975 Owen sued a TV station that had disclosed the relationship, and he had a devoted follower named Gail Aiken ready as a character witness at the trial. Imagine his surprise when Vince Bugliosi, primed by us, asked Owen if Aiken was'nt Arthur Bremer's sister. With that Aiden was harriedly sent back to Florida where her brother, William Bremer Jr., had been convicted of fraud. William's attorney was Ellis Rubin, who represented the Miami Four in the Watergate prosecutions.

One of the things that really struck me about Owen's story was that, as I remember it, his alibi for the night of the assassination was Slapsy Maxie Rosenbloom, a business partner of Mickey Cohen's. Cohen hated Robert Kennedy almost as much as Hoffa. Cohen was also close to Belli, Ruby's attorney, and had dated Candy Barr, who'd work for Ruby. Was this just a coincidence?

Talk about coincidences! A man who associated with the alleged assassin of RFK had a devoted follower who was the sister of the alleged (would-be) assassin of Wallace? Hell, this may be a small world, but it ain't that small. This Owen sounds like he could be a key to the whole gamut of U.S. political assassinations.

Ron

My investigation in Milwaukee determined that Bremer had a close association with a group of "Jesus Freaks" with  a red, white and blue "Jesus Saves" bumper sticker. In other words pro-Nixon. This becomes interesting in light of the RFK case. Shortly after his assassination I inteviewed a fundamentalist free-lance preacher named Jerry Owen, The Walking Bible. He claimed he picked up Sirhan hitchhiking the day before the election and was to deliver a race track pony to him at the Ambassador Hotel on election night. To make a long story short---my book "The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy" recounts it in full---we determined that Owen had a pre-existing custodial relationship with Sirhan. In 1975 Owen sued a TV station that had disclosed the relationship, and he had a devoted follower named Gail Aiken ready as a character witness at the trial. Imagine his surprise when Vince Bugliosi, primed by us, asked Owen if Aiken was'nt Arthur Bremer's sister. With that Aiden was harriedly sent back to Florida where her brother, William Bremer Jr., had been convicted of fraud. William's attorney was Ellis Rubin, who represented the Miami Four in the Watergate prosecutions.

Hi,William

Great to see you here. Do you recall 38 years ago when we met at Rosemead, Ca. re; JFK/Garrison investigation information?. I would like to ask if you have info. on District Attorney, Edward Jagles of Kern County,Ca {Bakersfield}? Can't recall the name of an expose' book someone wrote re; him that caused some harm to his career just wondered if you are aware of it? No doubt you recall he led the successful drive to remove Chief Justice {Rose Bird ?} from the California Supreme Court. Jagles was originally from San Marino, Ca. Any info re; this will be appreciated. It sure is great to chat with you here.

Harry

Hi Harry

Obviously, I'm not William Turner, but I did get a chance to meet him about three years ago, in Dallas.

I wanted to make a few comments in regard to your questions about Edward Jagels, the DA of Kern County.

The name iof the book you mentioned is "Mean Justice," written by Edward Humes and published in 1999. Yes, Jagels is from a wealthy family in San Marino. He is also a right-winger!

Do you recall a few years ago we had a conversation (by email) and I mentioned that I live in the Kern County (Bakersfield) area. You are the one that steered me to the Mean Justice Book. I bought the last copy in our local Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Many things I read, I was aware of, but a lot I wasn't aware of. Seems Jagels was so determinded to clean up crime in the "Streets of Bakersfield" that he sent a lot of innocent people to prison...many have also been released.

In addition, there are many High Profile Murder cases that have never been solved. I know you are well aware of that fact too!

Now, I will give Mr Turner a chance to reply to your questions.

Dixie

Edited by Dixie Dea

Hi Harry

Obviously, I'm not William Turner, but I did get a chance to meet him about three years ago, in Dallas.

I wanted to make a few comments in regard to your questions about Edward Jagels, the DA of Kern County.

The name iof the book you mentioned is "Mean Justice," written by Edward Humes and published in 1999. Yes, Jagels is from a wealthy family in San Marino. He is also a right-winger!

Do you recall a few years ago we had a conversation (by email) and I mentioned that I live in the Kern County (Bakersfield) area. You are the one that steered me to the Mean Justice Book. I bought the last copy in our local Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Many things I read, I was aware of, but a lot I wasn't aware of. Seems Jagels was so determinded to clean up crime in the "Streets of Bakersfield"  that he sent a lot of innocent people to prison...many have also been released.

In addition, there are many High Profile Murder cases that have never been solved. I know you are well aware of that fact too!

Now, I will give Mr Turner a chance to reply to your questions.

Dixie

Hi, Dixie

Yes I do recall our e-mails re; Jagels Mean Justice, and thanks for the info. I did read some excerpts from the book and recall him on TV news begging to explain away " his malfeasance " as a District Attorney. Is he still DA there? I'm glad you got to meet Mr. Turner, and I am forever grateful to Edward Humes for exposing the " politically dangerous and subversively powerful " Jagels. I'm sure that Bill has info. on Jagels. It is always great to hear from you Dixie.

Harry