The Education Forum

Predictions for the Season

John Simkin

At this time of year football reporters make their predictions for the season. I thought it might be a bit of fun if members of the forum had a go at this.

Here is my list:

Top of the Table

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

Relegated

18. Fulham

19. Sunderland

20. Portsmouth

Top of the Table

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Bolton

Relegated

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

Liverpool will retain the Champions League.

John Simkin and the other West Ham fan will be seen eating humble pie by the end of the season :huh:

Relegated

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

John Simkin and the other West Ham fan will be seen eating humble pie by the end of the season :huh:

He is a nice chap when you meet him in the flesh. How could he be so cruel to me?

Guest Stephen Turner
Relegated

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

John Simkin and the other West Ham fan will be seen eating humble pie by the end of the season :lol:

He is a nice chap when you meet him in the flesh. How could he be so cruel to me?

How on Gods green earth can Andy believe that Bolton and Liverpool will finish above Manchester United. And Liverpool will retain Champions league? Flukes of that nature happen about once every 50 years. It aint gonna happen Andy It aint gonna happen B)

At this time of year football reporters make their predictions for the season. I thought it might be a bit of fun if members of the forum had a go at this.

Here is my list:

Top of the Table

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

Tottenham!!!???? Where did they come from??? Have they reaquired Danny Blanchflower and Jimmy Greaves, reassembled the whole double winning team of 1961 or something? NAH, not in your best dreams, John. B)

Here is my list:

Top of the Table

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal (or worse since they are lacking Viera)

No prediction for the bottom four... much harder to call.

Chris

Relegated

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

John Simkin and the other West Ham fan will be seen eating humble pie by the end of the season :lol:

How on Gods green earth can Andy believe that Bolton and Liverpool will finish above Manchester United. And liverpool will retain Champions league? flukes of that nature happen about once every 50 years. It aint gonna happen Andy It aint gonna happen B)

Manchester Utd. are in serious trouble..... I also predict that Ferguson will have resigned or have been sacked by the middle of the season.

Bolton are a well organised and disciplined side.

I will ignore the "fluke" jibe as you are obviously hopelessy biased on this subject ;)

Is anyone offering odds on their predictions, or prepared for a little wager? :devil3 (by the way, I wouldn't be!)

Seems we could award points for 'in the four' and 'in the right place in the four' and see who gets most points. We could have a friendly £1-in-the-kitty winner-takes-all collective pot. Payout at SHP or something??

Ed

Is anyone offering odds on their predictions, or prepared for a little wager?  :devil3 (by the way, I wouldn't be!)

Seems we could award points for 'in the four' and 'in the right place in the four' and see who gets most points. We could have a friendly £1-in-the-kitty winner-takes-all collective pot. Payout at SHP or something??

I am willing to enter this competition.

First of all can I say that the prediction that Arsenal will finish 4th behind Tottenham is the most outrageously provocative statement that John Simkin has made in the entire time that I have known him, and that is saying something!!

After recent results, maybe I should have suggested that both West Ham and Tottenham will finish above Arsenal in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

What about Europe? What about Champions League?

Just take into account Olympique of Lyon. They played against and won Real Madrid fifteen days ago... A very difficult team to win.

Barcelona is very strong as well...but lack of confidence is its eternal problem.

Of course, we cannot rule out that Real Madrid wins its tenth cup.

Liverpool has some chances and, why not, West Ham in a couple of years. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my list:

Top of the Table

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

First of all can I say that the prediction that Arsenal will finish 4th behind Tottenham is the most outrageously provocative statement that John Simkin has made in the entire time that I have known him, and that is saying something!!

Top of the Table (17th October)

1. Chelsea

2. Tottenham

3. Manchester United

4. Manchester City

8. Arsenal