1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Bolton

Relegated

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

Liverpool will retain the Champions League.

John Simkin and the other West Ham fan will be seen eating humble pie by the end of the season :rolleyes:

Not very impressive so far but you may be right about Bolton. Terrible to watch but difficult to play against.

• 2 months later...

Thought it might be worth looking at our pre-season predictions:

Current Situation

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Liverpool

4. Tottenham

18. Birmingham

19. Portsmouth

20. Sunderland

John Simkin

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

18. Fulham

19. Sunderland

20. Portsmouth

Ed Waller

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

18. Portsmouth

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

Andy Walker

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Bolton

18. Newcastle

19. Everton

20. West Ham

Dan Lyndon

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool

4. Manchester United

18. Sunderland

19. Portsmouth

20. West Brom

It is a Snickers and not a Mars, but....

on the basis of one point per team 'in the frame' and an extra point for correct position,

Simkin, Waller and Lyndon joint 1st with 7

Walker, still with it all to do on 3.

:lol::lol:

That seems a fair scoring position. It seems that Dan and Andy have overestimated the abilities of their own teams and underestimated the teams that they hate.

I think I should get an extra point for predicting Spurs would be in the top four. I think Ed and Andy should lose a point for being so wrong about Wigan and West Ham.

That seems a fair scoring position. It seems that Dan and Andy have overestimated the abilities of their own teams and underestimated the teams that they hate.

I would like to point out that I quite like both West Ham and Everton. West Ham because they provided the easiest 3 points of the season thus far and Everton because they are one of the few clubs which make my 2nd team Tranmere Rovers look good :lol:

• 1 month later...

It seems that I over estimated Arsenal’s abilities when I said they would finish in 4th position. It seems that they might not even finish in the top six. The problem for Arsenal is that they have been rumbled. All the teams in the Premiership know how to play against them. Two banks of four, set deep, with a goalkeeper working as a sweeper. They also need to be closed down straight away so they don’t get time to play. Using these tactics, even average teams can beat them (Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn, etc.)

Wenger's biggest mistake was to fill his team with foreign players who do not understand the English game. It is no coincidence that Mourinho has a group of English players who make up his spine. Currently, his weakest players are those brought in recently from the European leagues.

Arsenal now stand a better chance of winning the Champions League than they do of qualifying for Europe in the Premiership. The game against Real Madrid was very interesting. Real Madrid allowed them to play and they therefore looked impressive. Against Blackburn they looked very ordinary.

Liverpool show signs of tiring (they started the season early). Manchester United have a poor midfield and are unable to take advantage of the problems around them. However, I still expect them to finish above everybody other than Chelsea.