The Education Forum

Google Joke

John Simkin

Very funny :lol::lol:

I wonder how it is done?

Unfortunately in this case it is probably an American jibe against France's recent principled stand against Bush and Blair in Iraq.

Interesting little Invision forum attached to the perpetrators website though :lol:

Does anyone else have problems with pop-ups after viewing these pages?

Yes, you may get bombarded with pop-ups after viewing these pages. I usually block cookies, adverts and pop-ups with my firewall, ZoneAlarm Pro, but some websites that I need to consult, e.g. those belonging to airlines with which I want to spend my airmiles, lock me out unless I activate cookies and allow adverts and pop-ups through. It's easy enough to change the settings in ZoneAlarm Pro, allow cookies and pop-ups temporarily, and then get rid of the rubbish later. I use Window Washer to clean up clutter left after browsing the Web and SpyBot to watch out for adware and spyware.

I've written a page that includes advice on this topic at:

http://www.camsoftpartners.co.uk/bugs.htm

I use the above page in my ICT training sessions for teachers.

Yes, you may get bombarded with pop-ups after viewing these pages. I usually block cookies, adverts and pop-ups with my firewall, ZoneAlarm Pro, but some websites that I need to consult, e.g. those belonging to airlines with which I want to spend my airmiles, lock me out unless I activate cookies and allow adverts and pop-ups through. It's easy enough to change the settings in ZoneAlarm Pro, allow cookies and pop-ups temporarily, and then get rid of the rubbish later. I use Window Washer to clean up clutter left after browsing the Web and SpyBot to watch out for adware and spyware.

I've written a page that includes advice on this topic at:

http://www.camsoftpartners.co.uk/bugs.htm

I use the above page in my ICT training sessions for teachers.

You are a great source of information Graham. You are providing a great service for members.

You are a great source of information Graham. You are providing a great service for members.

Flattery will get you everywhere, John! :lol:

I shall quieten down a bit for a while. I'm off to Vienna tomorrow, 12 March, to attend a planning meeting for the EUROCALL 2004 conference in September, followed by another week's skiing in the Tyrol.