The Education Forum

Operation Mockingbird

John Simkin

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/15/2012 at 7:30 AM, John Simkin said:

This is a useful website for people interested in Operation Mockingbird.

http://www.frequency.com/video/operation-mockingbird-cia-media-control/52904298/-/5-6500564

The link above is broke. I am guessing that this link to a Youtube vide is a proper restoration of John's broken link.

1 hour ago, Loli Menezes said:

I would like to know why the name of Thomas Cardell Martyn will only appear in the debate on Kennedy's death, associated with Operation Mockingbird, however, it does not appear here in this debate...

Repeating Lola's question. I didn't want to bury her question with my link-restoration post.

On 1/28/2005 at 10:51 AM, John Simkin said:

The group was united by a shared political ideology. They had become involved in politics during the 1930s. They were Roosevelt supporting Democrats. In fact, they thought FDR had not been radical enough with his policies. They retained these progressive views on domestic issues (in fact, in most cases they held these views until they died).

It's ironic how so much of the hated Right actually has its roots in the Left... 

On 2/21/2017 at 6:26 AM, Michael Clark said:

Interestingly both Graham (1963) and Wisner (1965) committed suicide in the same way (shotgun to the head).

Kind of like George de Mohrenschildt did(n't)...?

Mark Lane's last book alludes to Mockingbird often; he's certainly discussing the CIA's efforts to oppress his literature, as far back as Rush to Judgment, and as far as Russia, even, though I don't remember in which context. It took years for the publishing of his books to overcome the hurdles. But they did, clearly.

I'm curious about the Church Committee's final, complete report. I'd love to see it, but don't know if it's easy to find, or even public. Anyone know?

Edited by Glenn Nall
i misspelled something. not the word "something," but something. actually, i just changed "in" to "to." The second one. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

Hi, I'm a Brazilian documentary filmmaker and I'm making a documentary about Thomas J. Cardell Martyn, founder of Newsweek magazine. I read some questions here at the Forum that connect Thomas to Operation Mockingbird. I would like to know more about that. If someone else have information, materials, stories about Thomas J. C. Martyn, please contact me. I hope you can help me!!

3 minutes ago, Bruce Fernandez said:

What's a different word for "suicide, shotgun to the head"? There are so many in this case that we need a shorthand. My interest, though not shotgun, in this case is Pitzer. How many are there? 100+?

I'm with you on Pitzer, Bruce, although most everyone officially involved with that event has officially stated that it was officially a suicide. And that officially he made no such video of anything.

Unofficially I think there's something unofficial about all that.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Fernandez said:

What's a different word for "suicide, shotgun to the head"? There are so many in this case that we need a shorthand. My interest, though not shotgun, in this case is Pitzer. How many are there? 100+?

agreed. how does one pronounce "sstth?" it'd be a lot quicker in the annals of "how this guy died following his JFK assassination research attempts."

like John Roselli. "SCUSIABTITR." (Shot, chopped up, stuffed in a barrel, thrown in the river). Not necessary, tho, in his case, I guess..........