The Education Forum

"red roses for me"

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

"Three times that day in Texas we were greeted with bouquets of the yellow roses of Texas, only in Dallas they gave me red roses,I remember thinking, how funny- red roses for me"

According to Manchester (p. 130), the roses were given to her by the mayor's wife Dearie Cabell.

Guest Stephen Turner
According to Manchester (p. 130), the roses were given to her by the mayor's wife Dearie Cabell.

And who, I wonder, might that name lead us to Ron.

"Three times that day in Texas we were greeted with bouquets of the yellow roses of Texas, only in Dallas they gave me red roses,I remember thinking, how funny- red roses for me"

"Red Roses for Me" is the title of a 1943 play by Sean O'Casey. Jackie would undoubtedly have heard of the play, and might even have read or seen it. (It deals with industrial unrest). The poignancy of Jackie's comment would certainly have set O'Casey weeping.

Of course there's symbolism to "The Yellow Rose of Texas," about which there is a song written about.

There's also some possible covert signal going on, as I think Louis Angel Castillo, the programmed assassin picked up in the Phillipines, whose interrogation sessions included his trance like recollections of being in Dallas on 11/22/63, and with a team (that included a women), ordered to shoot the man next to the women with the red roses, but were aborted when JFK killed before he got to them.

It appears the MKULTRANS were busy trying to create the perfect assassins and were fine tuning their techniques.

The Yellow Roses weren't just a subtle insult.

BK

Of course there's symbolism to "The Yellow Rose of Texas," about which there is a song written about.

There's also some possible covert signal going on, as I think Louis Angel Castillo, the programmed assassin picked up in the Phillipines, whose interrogation sessions included his trance like recollections of being in Dallas on 11/22/63, and with a team (that included a women), ordered to shoot the man next to the women with the red roses, but were aborted when JFK killed before he got to them.

It appears the MKULTRANS were busy trying to create the perfect assassins and were fine tuning their techniques.

The Yellow Roses weren't just a subtle insult.

BK

The myth of ANY significance about THE YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS should be put to rest.

The yellow rose of Texas referred to in the CIVIL WAR SONG was not a flower at all!

In the lingo of the 1860s, a "yellow rose" referred to a beautiful MULATTO, a woman

resulting from miscegenation...mating of a slave owner with a slave. Fair skinned black

ladies were called YELLOW ROSES. Giving Jackie red roses was not an insult. In Texas,

there is NO special significance to yellow roses...except those ignorant of history.

Study history and the text of the song.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

I'm going to jump in with Jack on this one. There has even been a fair amount of

local research done on the subject in Dallas (although I have to admit that when

I first got into this stuff I thought virtually everything was supicious too). I'd advise

anyone just getting started to get as many copies of the third and fourth Decade

journals, Penn Jones books and Penn's newsletter collection and do some reading.

Anyway, you have to remember that there were several stops in Texas and lots of

banquets. Yellow roses were preferred because they do relate to the song and

Texas as Jack described. By the time the folks in Dallas got to trying to buy enough

yellow roses for the luncheon they started running into a real supply problem even

there.

I have no idea of Mrs. Cabell ran into the same problem but there was also

the issue of what the First Lady was wearing that day and red roses are a better

fit for a pink suit. Maybe Mrs. Cabell took that into consideration.

We really need to get together on the fact that all indications are that the shooting

was done by a well trained, coordinated team. It wasn't a pick of game or a local

Bircher with a 30-06. And the roses had nothing to do with it.

- IMHO, Larry

I'm going to jump in with Jack on this one. There has even been a fair amount of

local research done on the subject in Dallas (although I have to admit that when

I first got into this stuff I thought virtually everything was supicious too). I'd advise

anyone just getting started to get as many copies of the third and fourth Decade

journals, Penn Jones books and Penn's newsletter collection and do some reading.

Texas as Jack described. By the time the folks in Dallas got to trying to buy enough

yellow roses for the luncheon they started running into a real supply problem even

there.

the issue of what the First Lady was wearing that day and red roses are a better

We really need to get together on the fact that all indications are that the shooting

was done by a well trained, coordinated team. It wasn't a pick of game or a local

- IMHO, Larry

Bill can you fill us unenlightened ones in about Luis Castillo's trance-like recollections of being in

Dallas on 11/22/63; sound's interesting to me.

there.

- IMHO, Larry

Bill can you fill us unenlightened ones in about Luis Castillo's trance-like recollections of being in

Dallas on 11/22/63; sound's interesting to me.

Hi Guys,

Gee, I didn't realize there was so much sensitivity with the roses. I even heard from Gary Mack, who I haven't heard from in years. What an honor.

I still don't know the difference, as far as social graces go, between the yellow and red roses, but I'm sure there is one.

I'm more interested in the reports that I read years ago that Castillo, a pre-programed, psychotic, picked up in the Phillipines in an assassination plot, told his interrogators he was in Dallas on 11/22/63 with a team with orders to shoot somebody next to the lady with red roses. I didn't even know Jackie was given red roses that day, at the time.

I don't put much credence in Castillo's story, as according to the MKNAOMI pay off report, they could only go operational when they were certain what the outcome would be, and they didn't control Castillo as he was certainly a lose cannon in their arsonal of subjects.

The Church report on Castillo was kept under raps for years after the 1992 JFK Act, and was only relinquished after many inquiries, and very scary scince in the end, the FBI let him off the hook and he's still running around out there, somewhere.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Gee, I didn't realize there was so much sensitivity with the roses. I even heard from Gary Mack, who I haven't heard from in years. What an honor.

You will be receiving regular emails from Gary Mack putting you right (or wrong). He never posts himself. Jean Davidson is another who plays this role.

Hello James,

I'm more versed on Castillo than Yellow Roses.

Besides the references to him in "Operation Mind Control," I finally got a copy of the Church Committee report on Castillo, which I haven't reviewed in a long time, but remember that in the end, when the FBI catch up with him at his mother's house, she says that some guys in suits and ties took him away the day before and she feared nobody would see him again.

I'll see what I have on him in my old computer's harddrive.

Peter Dale Scott sourced the cousin connection to Eddie Bayo, and when I asked Peter about Castillo, he said that Richard Popkin suggested not to go there.

Will get back to you on it.

BK

bkjfk3@yahoo.com