The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone,

I am a family doctor near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and have a great interest in the medical aspects of JFK's assassination. I have studied this for a few months now and am fascinated with all the skullduggery and deception that went on in covering up what really happened. Although the evidence has been 'doctored' it is possible to draw certain conclusions - there was no doubt JFK was shot from front and back. I will be giving a presentation to local doctors in the fall.

I do not have a website but have followwed this topic with great interest on the internet - it's interesting to see the different opinions and conjectures from people in a forum like this. Yes, we can get quite emotional about our beliefs on this and any topic! I look forward to going over all these posts and seeing more lively debate and will contribute some myself -- but I won't be putting up a photograph!

Gerry Greenstone

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Ramsay is the editor of Lobster Magazine. Since 1983 the magazine has featured articles on the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Edward Jay Epstein, anti Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament groups, the Vietnam War, Lord Mountbatten and the Central Intelligence Agency, Lee Harvey Oswald in Mexico, KGB, Airey Neave, the plot to smear Harold Wilson, Winston Churchill and Pearl Harbor, MI5 and the rise of Margaret Thatcher, Peter Wright, Watergate, Peter Dale Scott, Archibald Ramsay and the Right Club, Clay Shaw and Appeasement.

He is also the co-author of Smear! Wilson and the Secret State! (1991). Other books by Robin Ramsay include Conspiracy Theories: Almost Everything You Need to Know in One Essential Guide (2000), Who Shot JFK? (2002) and The Rise of New Labour (2002).

I'm Jo Soliva and I currently work at Abbey College, Manchester, where I'm Head of English. I studied at Manchester University and developed a big interest in Old English and Middle English. Nowadays I have a big interest in anything at all to do with English Language or Literature. I've realised that I'm addicted to steep learning curves! Some of my other interests (climbing and mountain biking) reflect this desire to defy gravity!!

Hello all,

I'm an NQT English teacher at the moment, teaching 11 - 18 year olds at a school in Bristol. Literature is more my 'thing' so I was horrified to learn I was teaching A level language, and A level lang/lit combined. It's been a learning process for all concerned! Resources I find on the internet are a major help. I'm fairly dull, so that's all for now..!

Allan.

Hello my name is Justin Martell. I am from Sacramento California. The main reason I visit this site is for the wealth of information and theories surrounding the assassination of JFK. I have been interested in the assassination since the movie JFK came out in 1991 when I was in highschool. I believed at the t ime that the claims made in the movie were only to sell tickets because they were sensational(to me at the time) in nature. I didnt truly become a believer until I read the book Coincidence or Conspiracy by Bernard Fensterwald jr. It offered too much evidence of a conspiracy to be ignored and also talked about alot of the things I had seen earlier in JFK. I have since read the following books: High Treason, Heritage of stone, The Last Investigation, Oswald and the CIA. I am currently reading David Lifton's Best Evidence. I have alsos checked out The Texas Connection by Craig Zirbel I believe. Anyways I do not have a web site nor am I a researcher like alot of the people on the forum. I am a Bricklayer during the week and an Alcohal and Drug counselor on the weekends. I am relatively young still and am learning alot of things that most of you have known for years. Well I hope that will do it looking forward to seeing you all on the forum.

Best Regards, skydog1976

Hello,

My name is John Korienek, Jr, and I became aware of this forum by viewing John Simkin's excellent postings on both the JFKResearch and JFKLancer websites in the states.

I have lived mostly in the Chicago, Illinois area except for the time that I spent in the Air Force in the mid 60's and a year that I spent in Europe after getting a degree in English Literature at the University of Illinois in Chicago.

I currently take a course or two every now and then at the college of Dupage, just west of Chicago. The college offered a "Who Killed Kennedy" course with the Jim Marrs "Crossfire" as the textbook.

My views on the assassination generally change somewhat, coinciding with what new information I am able to gather through my selective reading and intelligent forums like this one.

Anyone who has definite views on the powers behind the assassination and would like to bounce them off someone, I would be glad to hear from you.

John

Hello

I'm Alison Whiteoak, a part-time English teacher in Devon. I have taught various aspects of English for 20 years and I'm perhaps more focussed on the KS 3 strand now rather than anything else. I have been an active member of the English Language List for several years and I am interested to see how the advances in communication can help me as a teacher. :D

Edited by awhiteoak

Hello

My name is Linda Powell. I live in Yorkshire, England and appear to be one of the handful of forum members who is not a teacher! The greater part of my professional life has been spent in HM Customs and Excise, latterly in the prosecutions division. After leaving HMC&E, I worked in the computing studies department at a local University for two years. At present I work (in a limited capacity) with my husband who runs an import business.

My interest in the JFK assassination goes back to 1988 when coverage of the 25th anniversary was widespread. Since then I've developed an interest in the RFK assassination, along with Watergate and J Edgar Hoover.

Inevitably, my interest in the Kennedy brothers has led me to Marilyn Monroe and I'm presently researching material for a book about her relationship with Jack and Bobby and the circumstances of her death.

I was very pleased to find this forum because, unlike so many others on the web, it contains so much intelligent and informed debate.

By the by, if anyone would like to start a similar forum on Monroe's death, I'm game!

My name is Greg Parker. I live in Darwin, Australia where I manage an employment office. I'm a relative new-comer to researching the assassination of JFK, having almost fallen into it by accident in 2000. It now concerns most of the ever-diminishing spare time I have. I believe my major contributions have been firstly in uncovering the fact that the work done by John Pic in at least two military hospitals involved human radiation experiments, and secondly, in showing that Jack Ruby was, during the 1956/57 period, acting as a conduit for funding of medical experiments tracing back to a corporation involved in WMD research.

But that is just some of the hidden background scenery.

As for Oswald guilt as a lone gunman:

-Lee harvey Oswald was not on the 6th floor at the time of the shooting. First day statements to the Dallas police and to the media of others in the building prove this beyond a doubt

-Lee harvey Oswald did not pull a weapon on the arresting officers. Nick McDonald told the media in the aftermath that Oswald had "given no trouble" and was "calm".

-Lee Harvey Oswald did not have Hidell ID on him when arrested (5 officers rode back to ciity hall with him. Not one mentioned two names being found in their initial statements). It was very likely left in a wallet at the Tippit murder scene to implicate Oswald, and was transferred to Oswald's arrest wallet sometime the following day.

Further investigation and/or requestioning under oath of the following is warranted where possible, in my opinion:

- 112th MIG and their agents within the Dallas DPD and the media

- John C Jackson - Ruby assocatiate

- Larry Jones - a founding member of CUSA. Was not interviewed by the FBI. Bernard Weissman claimed Jones had left Dallas before the assassination, but strong evidence indicates otherwise.

- Alpha 66

- DRE

- 30th of November Group

- Roy Truly

- Ruth Hyde

- Michael Paine

- Greg Olds

This thing can be solved. It has to be - for the sake of history, and for the lessons such resoltion would bring.

My name is Inez and I have taught English for many years at Secondary level. A few years ago, after moving from one area to another, I began working as a supply teacher in the Midlands area. I have had responsibilities in the past, mainly at KS3 but my real area of interest with regards to teaching is A level Language. The Internet is an important resource for me.

Jim Marrs was born in Fort Worth, Texas, on 5th December 5, 1943. His father, a strict Baptist, sold structural steel for a company in St. Louis. Marrs began working as a journalist while at junior high school. After graduating from University of North Texas in 1966 he attended Graduate School at Texas Tech in Lubbock.

After graduating from University of North Texas he joined the United States Army. On his release in 1968 he joined the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He served as police reporter and general assignments reporter covering stories locally, in Europe and the Middle East. After a leave of absence to serve with a Fourth Army intelligence unit during the Vietnam War, he became military and aerospace writer for the newspaper and an investigative reporter.

Marrs began to take an interest in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. After interviewing several members of the Dallas Police Department he became convinced him that the Warren Commission was a cover-up. Marrs continued to investigate the case and interviewed several important witnesses as well as city and county officials.

In 1976 Marrs began teaching a course about the assassination for the University of Texas at Arlington. He left the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in 1980 and worked as a freelance journalist while continuing to investigate the death of Kennedy. Marrs eventually became convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald had been set up by the government and in 1989 he published Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy. Published to critical acclaim and reached the New York Times Paperback Non-Fiction Best Seller list in mid-February 1992. It also became a basis for the Oliver Stone film JFK and he served as a chief consultant for both the film's screenplay and production.

Since 1980, Mr. Marrs has been a freelance writer, author and public relations consultant. He also published a rural weekly newspaper along with a monthly tourism tabloid, a cable television show and several videos.

Beginning in 1992, Mr. Marrs spent three years researching and completing a non-fiction book on a top-secret government program involving the psychic phenomenon known as remote viewing only to have it mysteriously canceled as it was going to press in the summer of 1995. Within two months, the story of military-developed remote viewing broke nationally in the Washington Post after the CIA held a press conference revealing the program but putting their own spin on psychic studies. Psi Spies is now available from JimMarrs.com.

In May, 1997, Marrs' in-depth investigation of UFOs, Alien Agenda, was published by HarperCollins. Marrs has been a featured speaker at a number of national conferences including the Annual International UFO Congress and the Annual Gulf Breeze UFO Conference. Publisher's Weekly described Alien Agenda as "the most entertaining and complete overview of flying saucers and their crew in years." The paperback edition was released in mid-1998 and has since become the best-selling UFO book ever in the United States. Beginning in 2000, he began teaching a course on UFOs at the University of Texas at Arlington.

In early 2000, HarperCollins published Rule by Secrecy, which traced the hidden history that connects modern secret societies to the Ancient Mysteries. In 2003, his book The War on Freedom probed the conspiracies of the 9/11 attacks and their aftermath.

My name is Gregg Wager and I am currently an adjunct professor at the State University of New York at Purchase. I teach music composition, but am also an author and critic. My monographs include Symbolism as a Compositional Method in the Works of Karlheinz Stockhausen and I have written articles for several newspapers including the New York Times, the New York Observer and Newsday, including "Going the Way of the Victrola" and reviews of musicians as diverse as Fatboy Slim to various classical musicians from Itzhak Perlman to Steve Reich. I also have written for Relix Magazine and the Doors Collectors Magazine.

Hi, my name is Tom Gascoigne. I teach GCSE English, AS and A2 English Literature, AS and A2 English Lang-Lit, Basic Skills adult literacy and in my new job that I start in September, I will be introducing Media studies to the curriculum. I am a keen guitarist. I love to get on stage and do my stuff at incredible volume. I am very concerned with teaching as a profession and am seriously considering throwing in the towel unless this new job gives me job satisfaction. I have been in catering as a head chef, in the building trade as a carpenter, now a teacher for the last 8 years. Unless the new job gives me a reason to stay in the 'trade', I can see me looking for something else. Maybe just focus on Adult literacy. Who knows. So, this is a plea to all who read this. Give me a good reason to stay as a teacher.

Tom Gascoigne :blink:

Guest Raynah Thomas

Hi, I'm Thomas Chance, an English Teacher/Literacy co-ordinator working in Birmingham. I've been teaching for ten years but have only recently started to deliver the AS/A2 Combined (SpecB) so any advice gratefully received! :)