The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

I was an AST, Head of Music at various schools around Hull. Now working as an independent consultant doing various projects. On-going work includes training and assessing Higher Level Teaching Assistants and I am currently also a director with Hull Citywide DRB running the Graduate Teacher Programme in Hull. Have written a few websites for myself and some mates, including one on cookery! Oldest website is theMusic Teacher's Resource Site which has been running since 1996. Have worked a bit for national training providers such as SfE giving courses on such things as World Music, Music technology, composition and motivation of pupils. Have written materials for the OU and tutor students on their PGCE course. I have developed and written GCSE syllabi for AQA where I am also a senior moderator-cum-agony aunt! Run own music publishing company, MTRS Publishing distributing teaching materials in an electronic format. I co-wrote the BBC Bitesize GCSE Revision guidefor music, with Liza (see below and visit her brilliant site) :rolleyes:

Edited by Rob Jones

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote  the BBC Bitesize GCSE Revision guidefor music

I think you mean co-wrote don't you? :rolleyes:

I'm Liza Field, Director of Music at Soham Village College. I'm currently in my fifth year of teaching and enjoy developing and experimenting with ICT and music. This is, of course, hard with all the demands on a Director of Music, and hence my own music website - MusicAtSchool.co.uk doesn't get the attention it should. I'm working on updates though!

Outside of classroom teaching I am priviledged to be asked to author online music materials, and work with Amazing-Grades.co.uk as their lead teacher for music, the Guardian's Learn.co.uk / LearnThings, review music websites for the NGfL and TeacherNet.gov.uk. I've also done work for other companies such as co-authoring the BBC Bitesize revision materials with Rob Jones (as mentioned above ;) ) and preparing online lessons for the Welsh NGfL.

Recently my College has won a grant from the National Foundation for Youth Music to run an internet radio station - which looks particularly exciting. I look forward to exchanging ideas and opinions on this site - especially about using the Interactive Whiteboard I've been lucky enough to get recently (to the disgust of my husband the history teacher :D ).

Hi for everyone!!!

I am Vladimir Kalinin head of information centre on children and human rights education from Belarus/former USSR republic/. I am responsible for teaching, promoting and protecting children rights within schools and curriculum as well. I have classes on HRE in gymnaisum N4 and responsible for international cooperation and collaboration between our 37 schools and teachers and pupils abroad.

ICT quite new subject to us because very few schools have access to it but we are trying to move in this way because it has future and we could be more open for the rest of Europe. At the moment as I understand the situation we are isolated in Europe because of no projects, connections with colleagues and peers, we can't join to EU-CE but we are part of Europe.

Gymnasium got the second place in republic among UNESCO ASP schools and I am head of republic experiment in the field of teaching children rights appointed by our Ministry of Education till 2005.

I graduated from Air Force College and was in the USSR AF, later I graduated from pedagogical University in Latvia in social sciences, got Certificates in the field of International Human Rights from UK, Austria and Canada.

Hi!

My name is Rowena Hopkins, I'm a British Science techer but I'm living in Canada right now and I've spent most of my teaching career working for VSO in Rwanda. International enough for you?!?

I am currently working voluntarily as the co-ordinator of an education climate change monitoring program called PlantWatch. National and local URLs below.

http://www.naturewatch.ca/english/plantwatch/

http://ca.geocities.com/nbwilderness/index.htm

Rowena

Edited by Rowena Hopkins

Hi

My name is Jyri Anttila and I´m a special teacher in upper comprehensive school in Helsinki, Finland. I met my first MacIntosh in 1983 and after that ICT has always been a part of my work, though I have not been true to Mac any more.

During the years 1999 - 2002 I was coordinating the Finnish elearning projects in special needs education on our National Board of Education (http://www.edu.fi/english/).

I have been in working team of Special Needs Education in European Schoolnet (EUN) and also in SNE network in Nordic countries (http://www.nordspes.org/).

Now my interest is on makeing matematical testing and training programme to the internet for the pupil who have difficulties in their learning (information in Finnish).

Mathematic/Neure

Nordspes

Edu.fi/english

Edited by anttila

My name is Vivien Mariau. I taught RE in a comprehensive in North Lincs for several years before moving to Ganton Special School, Hull, a school for 3-19 year olds with severe learning difficulties. I teach all subjects, but I am the school coordinator for French, RE and Citizenship. We are an ENIS school and we find that ICT greatly enhances learning for our pupils. You can see some of our work on Andrew Moore's website at www.universalteacher.org.uk/contents.htm#special I am very keen on using symbols to enhance understanding of text for emergent readers and we are great fans of the Symbol World website. You can see some of our symbol work on www.symbolworld.org by clicking on 'My World' then Ganton School.

Edited by vmariau

Hi!

My name is Noemi Lusi. I am Italian and teach English Language and Civilization to students from 14 to 19. I chose my profession as I consider educating young people an extremely relevant task. That's why I do appreciate European initiatives as they succeed in connecting more and more the cultural links and interpersonal relations on which the European Union was founded and is developing, in spite of some difficulties. My experience is based on an international background: I grew up and lived in London for years; back in Rome I was a teacher in an American University and, when in Bruxelles, I was a lecturer at the University of Gand... As a pianist I performed in concerts all around Europe thus strengthening my feeling as a true European citizen. European Coordinator of Socrates-Comenius 1 projects, Italian Spring Day Pedagogical Advisor, Member of the myEUROPE Advisory Board, in charge of my school's collaboration with the Deutsches Museum, I keep promoting and developing many other activities in order to help the enlarging of our horizon and celebrate enthusiastically the growth of the European Union with the help of the many languages I know.I have also achieved a Master in Social Project Management which has contributed to the extention of my international approach by which I intend to transfer to youngsters my love towards Europe, the cradle of very different and complementary people who, as time goes by, will merge feeling as one and many at the same time.

noemilusi@infinito.it

http://valuesandproverbs.tripod.com

http://pointsofview2004.tripod.com

Edited by Noemi Lusi

Hello,

My name's Gordana Panijan-Devic, (42). I've been an English teacher for 15 years. I own/run a small centre for foreign language learning in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. We teach English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Serbian to ages 10+, in small groups. A colleague from the US is currently employed as a native speaker, but we've had native Italian, French, etc. speakers as well.

We have an active scheme of cooperation with all the relevant institutions in Belgrade, working jointly on constant promoting of foreign language learning. I have also been a member of a team formed by the Ministry of Education designing a new schoolbook for early learning, ages 7&up in our elementary schools.

e-mail: sphinx02@EUnet.yu

Edited by oscar

Hello,

My name is Valentina Cuadrado. I have been teaching English for 25 years. At the moment I am Head of English at IES Alonso de Madrigal in Ávila in Spain.

I have taken part in different education experiments, always trying to find a solution for "failure".

Now, I am involved in an OASIS project to study ICT possibilities at school. I am, definitely, in favour of this kind of teaching.

I have created a Spring Day Community in co-operation with schools from different countries in Europe, Iwona's school among them, and opened a web page at:

Alonso de Madrigal-Ingles

I have also started a digital newspaper with students' collaborations from the countries in Spring Day Community. We are at:

ejournal Alonso de Madrigal

I have been running exchanges with Guisborough and Stockton-on-Tees in England for four years. We got funding from the Youth Programme for two of them.

Good luck for everybody.

Valentina Cuadrado

Hi

My name is Caterina Gasparini. I'm an Italian teacher of English and I'm also the ENIS Project coordinator of my school (an industrial technical institute), which the biggest secondary school in Italy (over 2,000 pupils).

I have been coordinating various projects on the use of ICT in education and I run some sections of my school website (the Aeronautics Department, the News, etc).

I'm interested in promoting new kinds of approach to teaching and learning with the use of ICT, so as to improve and increase the pupils' motivation.

I am Raul Weis, a teacher in teacher training institutes in Israel. I have mostly taught Philosophy of Education and Values Education and these are my main interests in this field. I am now also a lecturer for school and pre-school headmasters in the Institute of Advanced Studies in Education of the Kibbutz Seminar.

I have been for many years the head of two national teams of teachers working at teacher training institutes with the aim of developing a culture of caring in institutions ranging from pre-school to university. This was done in the frame of the Mofet Institute, the israeli center for teacher education. I was also the head of the team of teacher’s teachers who wrote the first book with this objective in Israel (in hebrew,.of course). Several articles dealing with the implementation of a culture of caring in educational settings have been translated into Spanish.

I founded – in the Oranim Academic College of Education – the israeli Center for the Development of Culture of ethical development focused on a culture of caring .

Hi, I've taught music at several schools around Hull. Was Head of department and Head of Arts. Became Advanced Skills Teacher in 1999 which involves me in a lot of very interesting work including pre and post Ofsted visits, teaching in primary schools and supervising trainee teachers in lots of subjects. Done work for BBC, Becta, DfES, TTA. Given courses for SfE. In 1996, started MTRS Publishing which publishes on line teaching materials and has grown larger than I ever imagined

Websites I've written are in the footer

Edited by Rob Jones

My name is Susan Wilde. I am Head of English at the City of Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College.

I am something of a forum junky, and hope that this will prove a good way of trading, and retaining, ideas and tips between ourselves.