The Education Forum

Mapping the NC skills across Humanities

I am involved in planning some training for foundation subjects in my borough and one of the things that we are going to do is see if there are some common skills across the Humanities NC targets. For example the organisation & communication Key element in History must surely be represented in a similar format for RE and Geography. Equally there should be some progression within the levels based on Blooms taxonomy ie from lower order comprehension tasks to higher order analysis / synthesis tasks. Has anyone attempted this before? if so can I have a look at your results? Do people think this is a worthwhile activity?

I am involved in planning some training for foundation subjects in my borough and one of the things that we are going to do is see if there are some common skills across the Humanities NC targets. For example the organisation & communication Key element in History must surely be represented in a similar format for RE and Geography. Equally there should be some progression within the levels based on Blooms taxonomy ie from lower order comprehension tasks to higher order analysis / synthesis tasks. Has anyone attempted this before? if so can I have a look at your results? Do people think this is a worthwhile activity?

Sounds like a monumental waste of time to me Dan.

I think it would be far more useful would be to start with BLOOM and ask your audience to think of ways of integrating this into their teaching........ then look for common ground.

Please don't give the NC ATs an intellectual legitimacy they clearly do not deserve!

http://www.educationforum.co.uk/HA/bloom.htm