The Education Forum

Google Print

Sumir Sharma

I am wondering that what are the views of the forum member on Google Print.

As far I am concerned, it is nearly a week that I am checking different aspects of Google Print. I am really excited and happy. As a teacher, I find that it is a good source.

Secondly, even MSN is also coming with similar work. The details about them can be accessed at following link www.bl.uk/news/2005/pressrelease20051104.html. (Borrowed from blog of Miland Brown.)

Similarly, another source on orginal and primary sources for History students and teachers are available at Digital Library of India. One should also check ERNET. The Google people have referred to above links in order to present their case and counter the accusation against those who have objected to their activity under Google Print.

As far I am concerned, it is nearly a week that I am checking different aspects of Google Print. I am really excited and happy. As a teacher, I find that it is a good source.

Secondly, even MSN is also coming with similar work. The details about them can be accessed at following link www.bl.uk/news/2005/pressrelease20051104.html. (Borrowed from blog of Miland Brown.)

Similarly, another source on orginal and primary sources for History students and teachers are available at Digital Library of India. One should also check ERNET. The Google people have referred to above links in order to present their case and counter the accusation against those who have objected to their activity under Google Print.

For those who don't know what Google Print is check out the following url http://print.google.com/intl/en/googleprint/about.html

I believe this could be a fantastic tool for teachers and learners

For those who don't know what Google Print is check out the following url http://print.google.com/intl/en/googleprint/about.html

I believe this could be a fantastic tool for teachers and learners

This is predicted to be the next big thing. Google is not the only one trying to dominate this area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4403388.stm

At the moment Amazon and Microsoft/Yahoo seem to be its main competitors.

There are also copyright issues. For example, Google is currently being sued by the Association of American Publishers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4358768.stm

I would like to suggest that I was one of the first to come up with this idea. I began to put the content the Spartacus back catalogue online in September 1997. It has been very successful bringing in much needed revenues. In fact, I have made more money from their online publication than from their book form. I am amazed that the big publishers have been slow to work out how you can make money from this form of content delivery. I suspect the reason is that it went against its capitalistic instincts to give material away for free.