The Education Forum

Open Office

Some time ago I discovered the greater flexibility of Open Office's Presentation tool when compared to Microsofts PowerPoint.

It is particularly useful for webmasters as in Open Office you are given the option of exporting an existing presentation in a variety of formats - swf, pdf, html

It saves a great deal of web space to turn a presentation into a swf file and embed it in a web page like in this example.

Does anyone have any experience of publishing presentations created in Open Office and exported in html format. I can't seem to work out where all the image files go that are required for the slide show to work??

Some time ago I discovered the greater flexibility of Open Office's Presentation tool when compared to Microsofts PowerPoint.

It is particularly useful for webmasters as in Open Office you are given the option of exporting an existing presentation in a variety of formats - swf, pdf, html

It saves a great deal of web space to turn a presentation into a swf file and embed it in a web page like in this example.

Does anyone have any experience of publishing presentations created in Open Office and exported in html format. I can't seem to work out where all the image files go that are required for the slide show to work??

Very impressive. Is it easy to add photographs to the presentation?

Very impressive. Is it easy to add photographs to the presentation?

When you export as an swf file the only thing you lose from a PowerPoint presentation are those annoying noises and effects.... no great loss.

I am still having trouble exporting as html however