The Education Forum

Breaking News!

This from the December 6 "Salon" on-line magazine (I'm not making this up!):

Five Deer Leap to Deaths From W.Va. Garage

- - - - - - - - - - - -

December 06,2005 | RANSON, W.Va. -- Either they misjudged the distance or they couldn't take the traffic. For reasons that mystify authorities, five deer that made their way onto the top of a five-story parking garage suddenly leaped to their deaths Sunday.

Police Cpl. Steve Cox found the does' bodies on a service road to the Charles Town Races & Slots, next to a security van they'd narrowly missed.

"They took the plunge," he said. "It was just absolutely weird."

A woman called police when she saw the deer falling, and Cox said he found scratches and animal hair on the fifth floor, indicating that's where they had been.

It is unclear how the deer got into the garage, but Cox said they may have become frightened after getting trapped. Cars moving through the garage may have spooked them, he said.

Or they could have been fooled by trees that can be seen from the top of the garage, mistakenly thinking they were close to home.

The carcasses were given to passers-by for butchering.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Guest Stephen Turner
Hey, Stephen, they were does!

Maybe they were the entertainment, Jumping out of cakes and and the like. ( I have this strange feeling I'm going insane)

Guest Stephen Turner

Da Da Da Da Da DE DE De. And this just in from our Canadian news desk, LYNNE FOSTER BLAMES NIXON'S GHOST FOR STRANGE DEATH OF DEER. Well it makes about as much sence as most of her deluded ramblings.........

Guest Stephen Turner
I wouldn't put it past her....

Yes Adam, but we all know you are under the influence of Dawn, so you would say that :lol: Tell me how does she do it, Some kind of long distance hypnosis..................

Its good to be able to talk here without the interruptions of Lynne. don’t think she ventures far outside the jfk forum. :)

I have no idea how she is 'controlling' me :P but apparently I am somehow 'strongly influenced by her' :blink: despite the fact we have hardly spoken...maybe it is some kind of long distance hypnosis...

Edited by Adam Wilkinson

[quote name='Adam Wilkinson' date='Dec 14 2005, 06:03 AM' post='48711']

Its good to be able to talk here without the interruptions of Lynne. don’t think she ventures far outside the jfk forum. :)

I have no idea how she is 'controlling' me :P but apparently I am somehow 'strongly influenced by her' :) despite the fact we have hardly spoken...maybe it is some kind of long distance hypnosis...

You are getting verrrrry sleepy :)

Dawn

Da Da Da Da Da DE DE De. And this just in from our Canadian news desk, LYNNE FOSTER BLAMES NIXON'S GHOST FOR STRANGE DEATH OF DEER. Well it makes about as much sence as most of her deluded ramblings.........

Stephen and the gang:

Have you noticed her absence? To what do we attribute this? (John's common sense kicking in :tomatoes or she found other places to haunt.) Either way.....tis a nice Christmas present. Another was that the local 3rd court of appeals here in AUstin has said "No and no" re Tom Delay. No special Christmas favors to that Republican (alleged) criminal.

Dawn

Stephen and the gang:

Have you noticed her absence? To what do we attribute this? (John's common sense kicking in :tomatoes or she found other places to haunt.) Either way.....tis a nice Christmas present. Another was that the local 3rd court of appeals here in AUstin has said "No and no" re Tom Delay. No special Christmas favors to that Republican (alleged) criminal.

Dawn

I actually have noticed her absence, they have made mine even happier holidays :D

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Dawn, Adam..My guess is we just stopped responding to her nonsence, she became the sound of one hand clapping. So much better. all together..."chestnuts roasting on an open fire"...Steve.