The Education Forum

Why do teachers leave the profession?

Guest Zak Ashraf

LOL You're most welcome, C. thank you. B)

At times I forget my birthday, I did last time so thank you for a belated and appreciated good wishes, usually someone reminds me, so one's as good as anything I suppose. (I might have a go at setting it for some distant future year). Be Happy. I picked up a box of promotional t shirts while dumpster diving the other day, all of the same size and unused, bright red, white lettering.

SURF GEAR

ALERT

up to... %

.........,,,o

51.........f

.............f

3 days only

ALERT

I guess that just about makes me a lert. Have a great day, and a belated or premature happy birthday to you too.

Edited by John Dolva

• 8 months later...
Guest Zak Ashraf

Hi everyone,

I know it's awfully late (nearly four years!) to be reviving this topic, but I suddenly remembered this place and felt that I had to come back and post. I am extremely grateful for all of your responses in this thread. I received a first for the paper I handed in for this module (using quotes from this very thread), which was very helpful in ensuring that I graduated with a 2:1 in 2006.

I am now happily working in a marketing agency, about to reach the two year mark. We've been hit pretty badly by the current economic situation, as much as anyone else has, but we're still trudging along.

I'm sorry that I don't have much more to add, as I don't imagine I could ever become a teacher (I don't think I could handle the stress). Once again, many thanks for all of your help.

Hi everyone,

I know it's awfully late (nearly four years!) to be reviving this topic, but I suddenly remembered this place and felt that I had to come back and post. I am extremely grateful for all of your responses in this thread. I received a first for the paper I handed in for this module (using quotes from this very thread), which was very helpful in ensuring that I graduated with a 2:1 in 2006.

I am now happily working in a marketing agency, about to reach the two year mark. We've been hit pretty badly by the current economic situation, as much as anyone else has, but we're still trudging along.

I'm sorry that I don't have much more to add, as I don't imagine I could ever become a teacher (I don't think I could handle the stress). Once again, many thanks for all of your help.

Well done you celb%20(22).gif

Thanks for coming back and telling us the results. It's always nice to feel you've contributed something useful for someone. Four years later I am happily retired from being state president of our teachers' union and thoroughly enjoying doing some casual sub-editing at our Hansard. No stress, no behaviour problems, good pay, excellent conditions, interesting work - why didn't I think of it earlier!!!