The Education Forum

Internet Information Should Be Accurate

Judyth Baker

To all:

I have been a teacher myself almost 17 years. I have a B.S. in anthropology, an M.A. in English (with creative writing emphasis, minor in linguistics) and an ABD in English literature. I'm writing my dissertation now.

I am writing to all teachers to report a problem that occurs frequently on the internet. That is, how do you know the information there is accurate? For example, biographical material.

On YOUR OWN TEACHING RESOURCES PAGES, I found a mangled version of my own biography. Nobody had contacted me to verify this information.

My name is Judyth Vary Baker, and I am described as a witness in the Kennedy assassination chronicles.

If you use the resource as it is now written, you'll only propagate the untruths that have been placed there.

Just for starters, I was not born in Bradenton, Florida. I was born in South Bend, Indiana.

That id the first sentence, and the others are just as misleading and erroneous.

Biographies should give pertinent and accurate information. Be careful to double-check your sources.

In my case, just to list a few of the errors:

1) I married an English major, not a petroleum engineer.

2) he divorced me, I did not divorce him. BIG difference!

3) I met CIA asset Canute Miuchaelson only once, in 1958, before Castro came to power. He did NOT lead me into ANY get-Castro project. This is a factoid made up by Mr. John McAdams, who refuses to correct any of his multitude of errors. I will be happy to provide documentation proving this statement.

4) no mention is made of the fact that I received national attention formmy cancer research while still in high school, including guidance from two Nobel Prize winners in biochemistry.

5) no mention is made of additional intensive training for two years in cancer research, beginning at Roswell Park memorial Institute and continuing through to spring of 1963 at the University of Florida.

6) The research for the get-Castro project was carried out mostly at Tulane University and Ochsner Clinic. Procedures on mice and primates were acrried out at Dave Ferrie's apartment and in a nearby house. Tissue cultures were screened at Dr. Mary Sherman's apartment. Three other locationds were real labs. The underground nature of these labs had to do with laundering the project as to number of animals used and the creation of anonymous tissue cultures and records.

7) LOe Oswald started an affair with me, not I with him.

8) Lee Oswald and I were hited the same day by the same sub-company, Standard Coffee, a subsidiary of Reily, on May 10. I have all records.

9) on May 17, Lee Oswald and I transferred together to Reily Coffee. I have the records.

10) My last day at Reily was Aug. 9, the day I was seen with Lee Oswald the day he was arrested. I have the records.

11) We moved to New Orleans the same week.We moved into housing near each other the same week. We left Reily's within weeks of each other. We left New orleans for good the same month.

12) Lee Oswald couriered the biological materials to Mexico City. The project was called off because of Hurricane Flora's disseminating medical contacts in Cuba.

13) Lee Oswald said to remember the names David Atlee Phillips, Billy Sol Estes, and Bobby Baker. Marcello was already a known factor. As I said in THE LOVE AFFAIR, the matter was complex. It will come out in my forthcoming book.

14) The Lee Harvey Oswald Museum was opened in Haarlem. The art gallery was always a side project.

15) If you wish to get accrate information, I will be happy to direct you to researchers who have actually met me, seen my evidence, and have been so kind as to check the accuracy of what others tell them. John McAdams never met me, and when I sent him corrections, he claimed I was trying to change my story. For example, he claims I said I own Lee Oswald's 'shower shoes.' Whatever that means! I own no such thing, but it does make me look really weird, another word he slips into his huge and inaccurate tome.

Those who seek accurate information about a living person would do well to actually interview that person, rather than relying on hearsay, as McAdams has done. Researchers such as Martin Shackelford, Ed Tatro, Lisa Pease, Jerry Rose, Peter Whitmey, Greg Parker, James Olmstead, Dr. Howard Platzman, Harry Livingston, Cyril Wecht, Anthony Summers, are to be trusted anytime over internet hacks.

Dr. Alton Ochsner's biography lacks a great deal. Not mentioned is the fact that both he and 'Wild Bill'Donovan worked together in the American Cancer Society as officers at the same time. Donovan helped found the CIA. Ochsner also was president of International House the same time Clay Shaw was its acting Director, as New orleans newspapers dated March 23, 1962 show. Furthermore, Ochsner was a co-founder of INCA, which recorded Lee Oswald debating Carlos Bringuier . Ochsner was fiercely anti-communist and traveled weekly to the CIA-sponsored Committee of the General Surgeon in Washington, DC. Ochsner was best friends with the CIA's Claire Chennault, who died in his clinic. Clay Shaw also died in his clinic.

Thank you for your patience, and please forgive typos. I have eye problems.

Yours Sincerely,

a fellow teacher, three of my four children under my care as a single parent, including one that was home schooled, graduated valedictorians of their class. I have always been very supportive of hoime schooling. Imlost my job teaching a year and a half ago after an FBI employee complained that I was a moral danger to the students, due to my deciding to speak out in defense of Oswald, an innocent man.

Sincerely,

Judyth Vary Baker'

an internet biography 'victim'--hoping the biography will get corrected!

To John Simkin:

I do not know who or what you are, from what I read so far on these pages I am inclined to believe you have a sincere and open interest in the truth of this case. Therefore, before you read and promote "excellent" articles of John Mcadams, you should know that Mcadams is a PROVEN lyer, a twister of evidence and most likely a CIA disinfo asset.

www.jfkmurdersolved.com/mcadams.htm

Wim

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for supplying this information. I have corrected the factual mistakes I have made in your biography.

I am aware of course of the criticisms that Mcadams has made of your story. I do not agree with Mcadams’s support for the lone gunman theory and he might well be working for the CIA. (He has so far refused to join this forum to discuss these issues). However, I do think he has done a good job in analysing some of the more extreme conspiracy theories. The problem with Mcadams is that he ignores the work of serious researchers in this field such as Jim Feltzer, David Mantik, Jack White, John Costella, David Lifton, Noel Twyman, Rich DellaRosa, Douglas Horne, Vincent Palamara, etc.

Please get involved in the debates on the JFK assassination here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=126

You will see I doubt your story.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=515

However, I am willing to be convinced.

To John,

Thanks for the open-minded answer. Is this website work in progress? Because I am curious why Tosh Plumlee, James Files and Chauncey Holt, Pete Licavoli and Charles Nicoletti are not on your list of ïmportant witnesses and/or major figures and/or possible conspirators.

Wim

Thanks for the open-minded answer. Is this website work in progress? Because I am curious why Tosh Plumlee, James Files and Chauncey Holt, Pete Licavoli and Charles Nicoletti are not on your list of ïmportant witnesses and/or major figures and/or possible conspirators.

It is an ongoing project. I will try to get biographies written on them over the next few days. By the way, I have corrected the mistakes on the Judyth Baker page.

What an interesting discussion. I am pleased that it has its own thread. It does serve as an example to our students that some Internet resources are not as accurate as others. As this is an education forum, it would be good for students to see the fervour in this topic, even if they do not understand the implications of the issues. Although I understand that John has alterred his original page (which I didn't know existed) now I wish I had the original to use as a teaching point.

As a teacher of langaue in use, I found the language used in these published interactions is a credit to thinking people. Assertive yet non-blaming. Champion.

PS John, how do I get my name on the left column to change when I am answering this thread. It appears as the Ms. from the student forum. Apologies to readers of this thread.

What an interesting discussion.  I am pleased that it has its own thread.  It does serve as an example to our students that some Internet resources are not as accurate as others.  As this is an education forum, it would be good for students to see the fervour in this topic, even if they do not understand the implications of the issues.  Although I understand that John has alterred his original page (which I didn't know existed) now I wish I had the original to use as a teaching point.

As a teacher of langaue in use, I found the language used in these published interactions is a credit to thinking people.  Assertive yet non-blaming.  Champion.

(1) Critics of the internet have argued that the web contains a lot of false information. That is true but its great advantage is that these mistakes can be corrected straight away. I have had many emails over the years from people who have discovered mistakes I have made about themselves or their relatives. The main reasons for these mistakes is the information was incorrect in the reference books I consulted. For example, I had an email from one of the leaders of the French Resistance during the Second World War. She complained that I got the date of her marriage wrong. I got this information from the standard reference work on the French Resistance. However, they got it wrong and as the book was never reprinted it remained wrong.

If you are a historian with a website who gets it wrong, you can change it immediately. In the case of the French Resistance leader, this mistake only mattered to her and her family. It had no real historical significance. Sometimes it does. For example, I am currently negotiating with the son of a man who committed suicide after being accused of spying for the KGB. If you type in this man’s name into Google my web page comes up as number one. As a result he man is concerned that my interpretation of his father’s life will become the dominant one. he is himself a national figure (that is the reason I have not named him). He is convinced that his father was innocent of these charges. What I have agreed to do is to publish on my page his interpretation of his father. I am also offering this to Judyth Baker.

If you type in the words “Judyth Baker” into Google you get 965 web pages. John Mcadams comes first and my one comes second.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/judyth.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbakerJ.htm

Both of us find it difficult to believe Judyth’s amazing story. However, we take a different view about how her story should be presented. I am willing to give her the opportunity to tell her story to the internet community. I think it is up to my readers to make their own decision about whether she is telling the truth or not. As Judyth points out, Mcadams refuses to correct his web page. Why? Partly, because no one can force him to do so. Probably the main reason is that he is a passionate believer that Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone gunman. Judyth’s story undermines that theory. If there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy (a plot that involved one man) America experienced a Coup d’Etat in 1963. That is something that most Americans are unwilling to contemplate. See

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=565

For my view on Judyth’s Baker story see

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=515

PS John, how do I get my name on the left column to change when I am answering this thread.  It appears as the Ms. from the student forum.  Apologies to readers of this thread.

(2) You are currently logged on as a teacher. You need to log on again using your original username and password.