The Education Forum

James Files

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above posting has been censored. Nancy, you are new to this forum but abusive attacks like this will not be tolerated. Argue about this issue logically. Do not write about the personality of the person who has posted.

Thank you John. As I told you previously, I have no intention of attacking Ms Eldreth on this forum. All one needs to do is visit the Lancer forum to view her posts over the last year, and they can judge for themselves. I will, however, debate the information that Ms Eldreth posts if I know for a fact it is in error (which in 99.9% of the time, it is).

Ms Eldreth indicated that James Files told her on more than one occasion that he was married to Joe Bonnano's daughter. If he did indeed tell her that, he is a xxxx. If Ms Eldreth got it wrong, she has once again misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misstated. Anyone who values truth and fact should question someone who posts hearsay, misstatements, and innuendo and represents it as truth. All I ask is for people to check things out for themselves. I have, and Ms Eldreth doesn't like the results.

RJS

Edited by John Simkin

"Richard, I have no illusions about ever turning you over. Quite frankly, you're beginning to sound like Bob Vernon. Shouting repeatedly that it's bogus, doesn't make it so. Let's debate the evidence..."

Wim,

As you recall, we debated the evidence for months at Lancer. I would say I made my case at that time. You may also recall that when you couldn't or wouldn't debate my findings, you turned to personal attacks. I would think those debates are still in the archives at Lancer if anyone is interested.

I spent the better part of 6 months researching nothing else. I am totally convinced as a result of that research that James Files is a fraud, and really don't care to devote any more time to it. We do agree on SOME things in the JFK case Wim, but this certainly isn't one of them. It is my opinion, that Cuban exiles and their US associates were the boots on the ground (and one in the sixth floor window of the TSBD, Herminio Diaz) in Dealey Plaza that day, not Nicoletti, Files, or Roselli.

Beginning to sound like Bob Vernon? That's a cheap shot even for you Wim. Once again I refer you to the archives at Lancer.

RJS

Edited by Richard J. Smith

First of all Richard you didn't spell Joe last name correctly.

Look it up.

Secondly, yes, he did marry his daughter it was his second marrage. And just maybe, you think you know everything but NO Richard you don't.

Talk about what you read. Stick to that one your better at that. Only rest asure that not all that you read is accurate either (not even in the newspapers).

It is my opinion, that Cuban exiles and their US associates were the boots on the ground (and one in the sixth floor window of the TSBD, Herminio Diaz) in Dealey Plaza that day, not Nicoletti, Files, or Roselli.

RJS

Richard:

I agree with you about the Cuban exiles and their U.S. associates, but disagree that Roselli would therefore not be involved. He was very active with exiles going back to the beginning of ZR/RIFLE. We know as a fact that he was very active and personally close to William Harvey. When the U.S. government officially turned against the exiles in the post Missile Crisis period and began making arrests, using the Neutrality Act, Roselli's activities increased and his funding sources became critical to the furtherance of their cause. As for Nicoletti, I have no idea why he would be involved in Dallas, except for his relationship with Roselli. The bottom-line is that by 1963, no clear line could be drawn between the rogue CIA officers continuing support, such as Harvey, Hunt, Barnes and Phillips, and the Mafia figures, such as Roselli, Giancana, Trafficante and Marcello, who had been intertwined with them since the Eisenhower administration. As the JFK administration attempted to reverse course on support for Operation Mongoose, these Mafioso were the primary source of financial support. We know that Roselli, who is well-documented as going by the name "Rawlston" since as far back as the initial CIA-Mafia meeting at the Fountainbleu, is documented in CIA and FBI records as Colonel Rawlston through 1963.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

"First of all Richard you didn't spell Joe last name correctly."

Joseph Bonnano, AKA Joe Bananas, New York crime boss and head of one of the infamous "5 families", born 1905, died 2002.

"Look it up."

I didn't have to, but I did anyway.

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column280.htm

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/mafia/bonj.html

http://gangstersinc.tripod.com/JoeBon.html

http://www.fact-index.com/j/jo/joseph_bonanno.html

"Secondly, yes, he did marry his daughter it was his second marrage."

BS. Since Wim is an expert on James Files, perhaps he'd like to comment.

"And just maybe, you think you know everything but NO Richard you don't."

I know that James Files didn't marry Joe Bonnano's daughter.

RJS

"I agree with you about the Cuban exiles and their U.S. associates, but disagree that Roselli would therefore not be involved. "

Tim,

I also have no doubt of Roselli's involvement in the conspiracy, but not as a potential shooter, or as any part of the hit team in Dealey Plaza. I should have been more specific in my original post. Sorry.

RJS

I also find it impossible to believe James Files story. There are several reasons for this which I have given in an earlier posting. A major reason is that I do not believe for a moment that organized crime was anyway involved in the assassination of JFK. (Although I do accept that people like John Martino might have been recruited to take part in menial jobs such as the movement of money to the assassins).

I say this because of the way organized crime operated in America. There is a story that is well-worth telling. In the 1930s Arthur Flegenheimer (Dutch Schultz) was one of the leading gangland bosses in New York. In 1933 Fiorello La Guardia, the mayor of New York, was determined to have Schultz removed from his city. He instructed New York's special prosecutor, Thomas Dewey, to investigate Schultz's business interests. When Schultz heard the news, he began making plans to have Dewey assassinated. In doing so, Schultz signed his own death warrant. Louis Lepke Buchalter, with the approval of other crime bosses, paid Charlie Workman and Emmanuel Weiss to kill Schultz. On 23rd October, 1935, Dutch Schultz and three of his bodyguards, were killed while they were eating in a Newark restaurant.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USACschultz.htm

This is the way organized crime worked. People like Lepke got what they wanted by bribing and blackmailing politicians. There is not one example of organized crime killing a prominent politician. Why? Because they knew this would result in increasing the determination of politicians to wipe them out.

In 1963 JFK posed no real threat to organized crime. It was his death and the stories that circulated that organized crime was behind the assassination that caused them problems.

Organized crime, in the form of Johnny Roselli, Santo Trafficante, Sam Giancana, etc. were involved in the conspiracy to kill Fidel Castro. It made good political sense to do this (although they were always aware that this was a flawed strategy unless you combined it with an invasion of Cuba).

It is also true that Johnny Roselli became friends with William Harvey. This is not surprising as organized crime figures were used to carry out assassinations of troublesome foreign leaders. However, they were not used by the CIA (or FBI) to kill people within America.

If Roselli had been asked by Harvey to get involved in the assassination of JFK he would have refused. He definitely would not have recruited people like James Files who could be linked to organized crime. Rosselli would have been signing his own death-warrant if he had done so. He knew how organized crime worked. In fact, if crime bosses had discovered via Rosselli that there was a contract out on JFK they would have used all the power at their disposal to get it stopped. They would have acted in the same way as they did with Dutch Schultz.

It is worth remembering how stories emerged linking organized crime with the assassination of JFK. It came out via articles by people like Jack Anderson and Dick Billings. Both CIA media assets. This was taken up by G. Robert Blakey, a long-time opponent of organized crime.

You have to ask yourself why it was in the interests of the CIA to link organized crime with the assassination. This story first emerged during Jim Garrison’s investigation of the case. Garrison main focus was on the anti-Castro forces in New Orleans. Dick Billings joins Garrison in his investigation and tries to persuade him that he should turn his attention towards organized crime. When Garrison refuses to go down that route, Billings leaves the investigation and starts writing smear stories that Garrison is getting pay-offs from organized crime.

Garrison was dangerous because he was on the right track. Shaw, Banister and Ferrie might not have been involved in the assassination of JFK. However, Garrison was on the right track and therefore he needed to be dealt with.

Ron said:

Since when do Mafiosi "bow out" of jobs? Luckily this one got done anyway thanks to a driver willing to help out, but why did they wait 13 years to put Johnny in an oil drum?

Roselli didn't bow out. He followed through. He only did not shoot, but he probably would have, if Nicoletti would not have asked Files.

Ron said:

You'll have to ask Files why he made this part of his story.

Well, I know he is telling the truth, so that would be a stupid question for me to ask.

Wim

Ron said:

Since when do Mafiosi "bow out" of jobs? Luckily this one got done anyway thanks to a driver willing to help out, but why did they wait 13 years to put Johnny in an oil drum?

Roselli didn't bow out. He followed through. He only did not shoot, but he probably would have, if Nicoletti would not have asked Files.

Ron said:

You'll have to ask Files why he made this part of his story.

Well, I know he is telling the truth, so that would be a stupid question for me to ask.

Wim

"Richard, I have no illusions about ever turning you over. Quite frankly, you're beginning to sound like Bob Vernon. Shouting repeatedly that it's bogus, doesn't make it so. Let's debate the evidence..."

Wim,

As you recall, we debated the evidence for months at Lancer. I would say I made my case at that time. You may also recall that when you couldn't or wouldn't debate my findings, you turned to personal attacks. I would think those debates are still in the archives at Lancer if anyone is interested.

This is very cheap in my view. First you shout Files is bogus and "utter hogwash", then you refuse to answer any questions or backup your claims, hiding behind a vague allegation that you already did that. In order to check it you advise people to plough through Lancer Archives where your "case" against Files is buried.

Well, this is another forum, some of us here do not even like to be on Lancer. So why do you refuse to discuss the evidence, which is exactly what this forum is for, on a topic you started YOURSELF?? Besides, what I recall is that your disbelief of Files was mainly centered around the thesis that the gun that Files claims to have used was not capable of doing the the job. A thesis that has been flatly refuted by gun experts.

I spent the better part of 6 months researching nothing else. I am totally convinced as a result of that research that James Files is a fraud, and really don't care to devote any more time to it.

Well, then don't ! But don't make staements either if you won't back them up.

We do agree on SOME things in the JFK case Wim, but this certainly isn't one of them. It is my opinion, that Cuban exiles and their US associates were the boots on the ground

Well, there is one thing we agree on. Files and Nicoletti were by far not the only "boots", and I believe that Luis Posada Carrilles was there too, along with Sturgis, Bosch, Echevarria, Harrelson, Rogers and others.

(and one in the sixth floor window of the TSBD, Herminio Diaz) in Dealey Plaza that day, not Nicoletti, Files, or Roselli.

So, you don't believe Tosh Plumlee either, is that correct? Or do you accept that Roselli was there that day? Except not for the assassination for JFK?

Beginning to sound like Bob Vernon? That's a cheap shot even for you Wim.

Not at all, Vernon shows a similar pattern of making claims without offering evidence for them.

Once again I refer you to the archives at Lancer.

Yeah, I know

RJS

John, Wim, and members. This is a classic thread.

Wim had posted the long defense for Files six months ago. I brought it back to the top, a lot of (shakey) people got involved and then John Simkin stated his position.

Wim and I have been emailing backchannell from georgia to Holland about this. John is very hesitant to blame Dallas on organized crime. He is absolutely right. Mafia themes are so 1977, a red herring as Jack White says...

Blakely (HSAC) took the easy way out and weaseled out of a bad spot. But Roselli was more than a gangster like Lepke, he was the man who brought organized crime into the world of intelligence ops. Roselli was pivotal, and who better to task with a hit, when Giancana wanted JFK dead as well. Roselli's mentor. Read Jimmie the Weasel's book THE LAST HITMAN and Sam Giancana's nephews book. "The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing." The cut-out was the mobster, Roselli. Nothing about using Roselli (Castro assassin) or Jimmy Files, or Nicolletti and Woody's dad, Charles Harrelson, exonerates the CIA, in fact their deaths in the 1970s show an agency program...if the government wanted someone killed, wanted it tasked and finished, then Maheu, Roselli and Giancana were obvious choices. I believe Files, that it was ad hoc, a quick look around and take a shot. Roselli choosing not to fire, or post a station, and everybody waiting until they thought the

other team was not going to fire, then BLAM.

Jimmy Files, the Dal-tex(or county records) shooter who I have always thought was Frank Fiorini Sturgis and possibly a good third triangulation shooter from the south knoll (Hunt) avulsing the right rear skull with a left frontal shot.

The CIA and MI working with the mob regulars (colonel ralston, indeed) would have found this a good working team... Files's story just makes sense. It may be true,

and .22's don't ever have a big recoil.............

Shanet (but I'm just a country boy from West Virginia)

John,

What I find in the JFK research community, is that when people have embraced a certain theory, they cultivate it, they nurture it and they are very difficult to change their mind on it. I am not sure if you belong to this category, and frankly I don't think so, but it seems that in in order to let go of your theory that the mafia was not involved in the events of Dallas, you should first be convinced that certain mob figures were heavily intertwined with the CIA and "legitimite" kingpins of american politics and business.

Please keep in mind that Dutch Schultz was in the twenties. The mob is quick to adapt and modi operandi evolve as it suits them. Please keep in mind that Lucky Luciano's life sentence was changed to exile to Italy, as a result of Lansky's and his cooperation with American Intelligence. That is when the mob's marriage with the CIA started, not in the era of Dutch Schultz.

Wim

The real model for Roselli's relationship with the Dulles people was Lucky Luciano, not dutch schultz or lepke (morons) Charles Luciano knew how to play the Feds, am I right? He took WWII contracts to keep the longshoreman together. He had the goods on John Edgar Hoover and Roy Cohn. He got cushy neopolitan exile rather than life imprisonment in the US c. 1960. John's from Britain and his Spartacus material is comprehensive, but I don't think he wants to see how intertwined the mafia and CIA really were. They were the same thing, the same guys, like Roselli...........

HITMEN, WHERE DO WE GET EM???

shanet clark, saturday night

Edited by John Simkin