The Education Forum

Unsolved History

I recently saw pieces of a series on the discovery channel called Unsolved History. Included were shows on both the JFK and RFK assassinations. The RFK documentary uses laser technology to match wounds from sirhans gun and the possibility of shots having come from eugene thane cesar.

They reconstructed the scene in the hotel in the kitchen where RFK was shot, they used unsuspecting extras and asked them who had shot and how many bullets were fired.

In this scenario Sirhan shot eight shots and cesar shot kennedy four times. The extras mostly said 2-4 shots were fired and a lot of them could not see a gun. Nobody noticed the actor playing cesar firing blanks at point blank range.

Tests were also done to prove that Thomas Naguchi was right in saying that Kennedy had been shot in the head between 1-3 cm's away.

Dan Moldea put forward his theory that RFK was pushed forward by the crowd into Sirhan, which allowed him to shoot ar point blank range.

The documentary gives an excellent account of exactly what happened in the kitchen and who bore witness to it.

The documentary is replayed fairly regularly on discovery channel(in the uk and ireland at least)

Has anyone seen this documentary or do they know the peoplt that produced the show or the computer analysis?

John Geraghty

Edited by John Geraghty

"Unsolved History" is a series, they've also done one on the Alamo, etc. It's one of the better documentaries on the RFK assassinaton, I think, but I'm working on a big post that's going to reference that "pushed into Sirhan" theory.

The Unsolved History recreations of the SBT in Beyond the Magic Bullet were horribly deceptive It sounds like the RFK re-creation was a bit more honest, in that it showed that Cesar could have gotten away with it. Researcher John Hunt (a member of this forum) re-created part of the shooting in Dallas at the Lancer Conference...John Simkin was RFK and I was Paul Schrade. Hunt made a convincing case that at least one of the shots had a different trajectory than was proposed by Noguchi.

• 2 months later...

"Unsolved History" is a series, they've also done one on the Alamo, etc. It's one of the better documentaries on the RFK assassinaton, I think, but I'm working on a big post that's going to reference that "pushed into Sirhan" theory.

The Unsolved History recreations of the SBT in Beyond the Magic Bullet were horribly deceptive It sounds like the RFK re-creation was a bit more honest, in that it showed that Cesar could have gotten away with it. Researcher John Hunt (a member of this forum) re-created part of the shooting in Dallas at the Lancer Conference...John Simkin was RFK and I was Paul Schrade. Hunt made a convincing case that at least one of the shots had a different trajectory than was proposed by Noguchi.

I have a ton of newspapers from at the time that have some very interesting information, but I've been so busy with school, I've barely had time to dig them all out - let alone type them all up. But it's pretty interesting, the news THEN and what the official story is NOW, all these years later.

That's one great thing about old newspapers & magazines - it was in a Saturday Evening Post when I first heard that there was more bullet fragments in Connally's leg than were missing from the magic bullet.

• 1 month later...
I recently saw pieces of a series on the discovery channel called Unsolved History. Included were shows on both the JFK and RFK assassinations. The RFK documentary uses laser technology to match wounds from sirhans gun and the possibility of shots having come from eugene thane cesar.

They reconstructed the scene in the hotel in the kitchen where RFK was shot, they used unsuspecting extras and asked them who had shot and how many bullets were fired.

In this scenario Sirhan shot eight shots and cesar shot kennedy four times. The extras mostly said 2-4 shots were fired and a lot of them could not see a gun. Nobody noticed the actor playing cesar firing blanks at point blank range.

Tests were also done to prove that Thomas Naguchi was right in saying that Kennedy had been shot in the head between 1-3 cm's away.

Dan Moldea put forward his theory that RFK was pushed forward by the crowd into Sirhan, which allowed him to shoot ar point blank range.

The documentary gives an excellent account of exactly what happened in the kitchen and who bore witness to it.

The documentary is replayed fairly regularly on discovery channel(in the uk and ireland at least)

Has anyone seen this documentary or do they know the peoplt that produced the show or the computer analysis?

John Geraghty

John,

That was the show that promted me to write the piece on Moldea. I doubt Dan is aware of the fact, but the hole in the tile is nowhere near where his laser went. No teven close.

John Hunt

John,

Do you know where i can get a copy of this programme or do you know the producers?

Assisstance would be appreciated.

John

Unfortunately, the answers are no, and no. I was talking on the phone with Rex Bradford and Stu Wexler, who were that Archives conducting research. They were at the hotel and we were having a speaker phone discussion when Stu told me to check out the History Channel. Sure enough, there was Moldea pushing a shooting scenario that just cannot work.

John Hunt