The Education Forum

June Cobb

Has anyone got any information about June Cobb's relationship with Tom Clines?

Interesting question, John.

May I inquire if you have a reason for asking?

James

I initially thought that in the 1980s Clines was living with Cobb. However, after checking my sources I realize I was mistaken.

I was curious because June Cobb had a bit to do with Evelio Duque before his defection. Duque was of great interest to the Agency as they wanted to recruit him for infiltration missions into Cuba.

Thomas Clines was Duque's case officer.

I submit that Evelio Duque should be of great interest to JFK researchers.

James

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

June Cobb is a major player in Gus Russo's book Brothers In Arms.

BK

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=25096

C/WH/POA CALLED TO INFORM THE UNDERSIGNED THAT JUNE SHARP COBB WAS ARRIVING IN WASHINGTON TO APPEAR BEFORE THE SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE ON INTERNAL SECURITY AT THEIR REQUEST

29 March 1962

MEMORANDUM OF RECORD

SUBJECT: June Sharp COBB 201-278, 841

1. Mr. [ 03 ] C/WH/POA called to inform the undersigned that

June Sharp COBB was arriving in Washington to appear before the Senate Subcommittee on Internal Security,

at their request. She is being asked to testify so far as is known, on her connections with the Cuban government

and Juan Aravelo, former President of Guatemala and author of The SHARK AND THE SARDINES, which subject translated

into English.

2. Mr. [ 03 ] intends to contact Lt Col. Albert DAVIES C/TFW/INTEL, to request permission for the undersigned to contact

subject if this is deemed necessary and in the best interest of the Agency. The undersigned discussed the matter with Mr. [ 03 ]

this date and reactivated a sterile phone number (ME 8-0469) formerly used by Subject, in the event she should attempt to contact

the undersigned. The subject was also introduced to Legal counsel George Carey, who is interested in the case. Mr. Carey

stated that had we been notified earlier of Subjects invitation by the Subcommittee, it would have been possible

to have had the appearance before the Subcommittee canceled.

3. Lt. Davies has been informed of the above and of the background of the case by the undersigned Subject and will in turn advise

Mr. HARTEY C/TFW of the situation

Jean T. Pierson

TFW/INTEL/Research

x8903

Although it is not, as far as I know pertinent to June Cobb, Silvia Odio is a name that is very pertinent to the issue of Lee Harvey Oswald, for obvious reasons,

I have wondered if the person below may have been related to her, if so, it might provide a clearer picture of the whole CIA - Latin American chronology years

before the assassination.

FILES INDICATE EUNIS ODIO IS A COSTA RICAN COMMIE OR SYMPATHIZER

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=22705

TO: DIR CIA 11/04/1952

WH-4 0232Z 5 NOV 1952

F/I, FI-OPS, FI-CD, FI-RI2

1. FILES INDICATE EUNIS ODIO IS A COSTA RICAN COMMIE OR SYMPATHIZER (B3) POET,

WINNER OF GUAT LITERARY CONTEST ABOUT 1947 [PRESS DOCUMENTARY], CAME TO GUAT AFTER OVERTHROW OF PICADO

AND CONSORTED WITH GUAT INTELLECTUALS. ADVISED AMERICAN CHARGE OF AFFAIRS (B2) “CONFIDENTIALLY” IN AUG 1950

OF PRESENCE IN GUAT OF EUDOCIO RAVIMEB WHOM SHE CALLED PERUVIAN COMMIE.

2. RAVINES WROTE THE “YENAN WAS.”

3. NOTHING TO CONFIRM ALLEGATION SHE WAS ARBENZ MISTRESS

• 3 weeks later...

June Cobb is a major player in Gus Russo's book Brothers In Arms.

BK

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=25096

C/WH/POA CALLED TO INFORM THE UNDERSIGNED THAT JUNE SHARP COBB WAS ARRIVING IN WASHINGTON TO APPEAR BEFORE THE SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE ON INTERNAL SECURITY AT THEIR REQUEST

29 March 1962

MEMORANDUM OF RECORD

SUBJECT: June Sharp COBB 201-278, 841

1. Mr. [ 03 ] C/WH/POA called to inform the undersigned that

June Sharp COBB was arriving in Washington to appear before the Senate Subcommittee on Internal Security,

at their request. She is being asked to testify so far as is known, on her connections with the Cuban government

and Juan Aravelo, former President of Guatemala and author of The SHARK AND THE SARDINES, which subject translated

into English.

2. Mr. [ 03 ] intends to contact Lt Col. Albert DAVIES C/TFW/INTEL, to request permission for the undersigned to contact

subject if this is deemed necessary and in the best interest of the Agency. The undersigned discussed the matter with Mr. [ 03 ]

this date and reactivated a sterile phone number (ME 8-0469) formerly used by Subject, in the event she should attempt to contact

the undersigned. The subject was also introduced to Legal counsel George Carey, who is interested in the case. Mr. Carey

stated that had we been notified earlier of Subjects invitation by the Subcommittee, it would have been possible

to have had the appearance before the Subcommittee canceled.

3. Lt. Davies has been informed of the above and of the background of the case by the undersigned Subject and will in turn advise

Mr. HARTEY C/TFW of the situation

Jean T. Pierson

TFW/INTEL/Research

x8903

Although it is not, as far as I know pertinent to June Cobb, Silvia Odio is a name that is very pertinent to the issue of Lee Harvey Oswald, for obvious reasons,

I have wondered if the person below may have been related to her, if so, it might provide a clearer picture of the whole CIA - Latin American chronology years

before the assassination.

FILES INDICATE EUNIS ODIO IS A COSTA RICAN COMMIE OR SYMPATHIZER

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=22705

TO: DIR CIA 11/04/1952

WH-4 0232Z 5 NOV 1952

F/I, FI-OPS, FI-CD, FI-RI2

1. FILES INDICATE EUNIS ODIO IS A COSTA RICAN COMMIE OR SYMPATHIZER (B3) POET,

WINNER OF GUAT LITERARY CONTEST ABOUT 1947 [PRESS DOCUMENTARY], CAME TO GUAT AFTER OVERTHROW OF PICADO

AND CONSORTED WITH GUAT INTELLECTUALS. ADVISED AMERICAN CHARGE OF AFFAIRS (B2) "CONFIDENTIALLY" IN AUG 1950

OF PRESENCE IN GUAT OF EUDOCIO RAVIMEB WHOM SHE CALLED PERUVIAN COMMIE.

2. RAVINES WROTE THE "YENAN WAS."

3. NOTHING TO CONFIRM ALLEGATION SHE WAS ARBENZ MISTRESS

This is for the individuals that realize how important the WH/3 Mexico City/JMWAVE/ and Havana areas are to wrapping up a few loose ends.....

BIOGRAPHIC [June Cobb]

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=35501

page 2 SUBJECT COBB June 1 BIOGRAPHIC DATA

DPOB c 1930 Somewhere in US; US citizen

OCCUPATION Helping a fnu PELLICER write a book on Anti Communism

ADDRESS Somewhere in Mexico City DF

2. BACKGROUND

a. Around June or July of 1959, AM/DOFF/1 was ordered by Celia Sanchez to pay the Habana hospital bill of an American named June Cobb.

The bill, which AM/DOFF/1 recalls, for over $2,000.00 plus Habana Hilton Hotel expenses, were paid out of the PM's office account. A/1 believes that Cobb became acquainted with Fidel and Sanchez on their US trip of April-May of 1959, but ignores the details. Sanchez instructed A/1 to employ Miss Cobb in the press section of the PM's office. She was responsible for seeing all American and British speaking newsmen who desired to interview Castro or requested permits to visit the interior of the island. She also helped to translate Castro's important speeches into English. It is A/1's understanding that she had no other duties or responsibilities. She never dealt with Castro directly, but through Maria Witoska who was Sanchez's liason with the PM's office. A/1 states that their relationship was limited to her official function. She appeared to have a newspaper background, but A/1 ignores the details.

b. About late 1959, Miss Cobb, together with Jose Puento Blanco, then FEU (Federacion Estudiantil Universitaria) president of the University of Habana, in conjunction with the INIT (Instituto Nacional de Industrias Turisticas), took over a finca (formerly owned by Batista) near Ceiba del Agua, Habana and set up a boarding house to be used by American students visiting Cuba as guests of the government. A/1 ignores the details of this operation.

c. By 1960 A/1 learned that Miss Cobb had left for New York City. She never returned. A/1 claims he does not know why she made this decision.

d. When A/1 arrived in Mexico City in late October 1964, he came to know an American writer named Daniel James. (address, Vicente Gomez # 145 Mexico City, D.F. tel. 40-19-71) James told A/1 that Miss Cobb had recently been deported from Guatemala and was living in Mexico City.

Later, A/1 met Miss Cobb accidentally at the Mexican Ministerio de Gobernacion offices. She was very friendly and said she was helping a fnu Pellicar (believed by A/1 to be a Guatemalan) write a book describing his defection form Communism. She wanted A/1 to help Pellicer with reference material on the Marcos Rodriguez trial. She gave A/1 her address, but for various reasons he said he tore up the slip.

A/1 claims he did not want to be associated with her while his political situation is still under investigation, and further, he did not want his wife to find any feminine references on his person when she arrived. He has not seen Miss Cobb since.

e. (It should be pointed out that A/1 did not include her name on the original roster of the personnel of the PM's office. He remembered her participation when directed a special series of questions (requested by Dave in Mexico City in late Nov 1964) on the activities of US news and public relations media.

JMWAVE traces

a. COBB, June : Soviet officials informed the Cubans that subject who acted as an interpreter for Fidel Castro

was an FBI agent (201- 287019 HVCA-08569; 01 Sept. 61)

b. COBB, June : since sept 59, she has been employed in the office of Fidel Castro, Prime Minister of Cuba. Miss Cobb was in New

York City for Medical treatment intended to return to Cuba on December 3, 1959 (053-009-008; DBA 15994 11 July 62; P2)

c. COBB, June : Expected leave Hava afternoon of 3 June 60 by National airlines for NY. Requesting FBI not impede her activities

(OUT 81006 to FBI ; 31May 60)

d. COBB, June : DPOB Ponca, Calif., USA Former ADD" 1192 Park Ave., New York City; 220 E. 52nd St. New York City. A great admirer of Castro

(Additional info to the DBF of the same date (DBF 40107; 8 Jan 60)

e. COBB, June : Subj who translated Arevalo's The Fable of the Shark and the Sardines" was deported on 9 Nov 61, by the Guatemalan police,

according to news broadcasts. (Also see DBF 95411, 1 Dec 61 File 100-9-14) (HAVA FBIS; 9 Nov 61)

END

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 month later...

COBB, VIOLA JUNE (MRS. JUNE SHARP IN 1977)

COBB, VIOLA JUNE (MRS. JUNE SHARP IN 1977

Sources: WC Vol 26, p. 428; HSCA, VOL. III (301-2, 304); HSCA Mexico City Report; CIA Box 6, Folder 8 (MMF 447, 452, 461); CIA Box 11, Folder 10, Doc 05953 (MMF 1149); CIA 592-593; HSCA Reel 10, Box 8, Folder D, E, F (AMKW 7); HSCA Reel 11, Box 8, Folder A, B, C, D, E, F (AMKW 8); HSCA Reel 54, Box 30, Folder B (AMKW 31); MMF 2146; CIA Doc JFK-104-10007-10037, p. 3

Was a CIA asset. LICOOKY-1. P-9381. Described as blonde, flew an airplane, track record for hitting a lot of beds in Cuba, had a twin sister involved in aviation.

I have looked extensively through lots of archives and I can't find any evidence that June Cobb flew an airplane and had a twin sister in aviation. I've only found 2 brothers. I've checked all the sources listed. Do you know of any other sources?

Guest Tom Scully

Crafty disinformation artists, or a cover up alteration in the 1930 US Census Record? No twin sister, only Viola June and two brothers. Father is Jasper E. Cobb.:

5272709400_90c4ea34f3_b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Crafty disinformation artists, or a cover up alteration in the 1930 US Census Record? No twin sister, only Viola June and two brothers. Father is Jasper E. Cobb.:

5272709400_90c4ea34f3_b.jpg

So her crypt was AMUPAS-1 in her early Cuba days, then LICOOKY-1 when she was involved in WH Station affairs.

Relying on Bruce Campbell Adamson is a little dicey, but he asserts that she was in a mental institution, hence LICOOKY-1?

There are at times factual or perception related issues related to crypts;

Example Fidel Castro=AMTHUG

She also states in a document she is using an assumed name in a particular operation;

June Cobb used alias Clarinda E. Sharp in 1962 in correspondence with Guatemalan Friends and Fair Play For Cuba Committee

[my grandmothers name]

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=35662&relPageId=2

Name: Clarinda Sharp

Residence: Buckhart, Christian, Illinois

Birthdate: 1834

Birthplace: Illinois, United States

Relationship to Head: Wife

Spouse's Name: Henry H. Sharp

Spouse's Birthplace: Tennessee, United States

Father's Name:

Father's Birthplace: South Carolina, United States

Mother's Name:

Mother's Birthplace: Kentucky, United States

Race or Color (Expanded): White

Ethnicity (Standardized): American

Martial Status: Married

Age (Expanded): 46 years

NARA Film Number: T9-0180

Page: 505

Page Character: D

Entry Number: 5067

Film number: 1254180

Household Gender Age

Spouse Henry H. Sharp M 56

Clarinda Sharp F 46

Child John S. Sharp M 28

Child Abbie J. Sharp F 20

Child Lucina B. Sharp F 17

Child Henry H. Sharp M 14

Child George Sharp M 12

Child Dorsis W. Sharp M 9

also see

google books

page 979 Historical encyclopedia of Illinois, Volume 2

By Newton Bateman, Paul Selby, Alexander T. Strange

• 1 year later...

Jack Anderson had a story about June Cobb in Parade magazine supplement in August 1962.

June Cobb.pdf

June Cobb2.pdf

OF THAT STRANGE, wild breed of American adventurers who pursue danger and intrigue around the world, none appears less suited for the role than June Cobb, a girlish blonde with big blue eyes. She is-known to intelligence Agents of two continents as a soldier of fortune, no less audacious because of her sex, who has risked her life amid the jungles and revolutions of Latin America. .

She hot been an opium grottier:in the Amazon, an undercover informer for the Narcotic* Bureau, a confidante of Fidel Castro, arid today it Helping rebel* fight in Guatemala against President M. F^Ydigord*. A nervous cough and tired "lines beneath her eyes show the strain of hazardous living.

Yet wherever adventure beckons, June Cobb must follow. She says: "I suppose you can call me a sucker for lost causes."

.June's adventures began when she became bored with her studies at the University of Oklahoma and sought a more glamorous curriculum at'the University of Mexico. .Up to that moment,'she had behaved no differently than any other pretty teenager raised in the placid town of Ponta City, Okla.

But in Mexico City she found.romance. She fell in love with a dashing Colombian of good but poor family. He and a brother, in need of funds to'support their expensive tastes, decided to find a hidden spot in the jungle and start growing poppies for the opium trade. One-brother, who had studied medicine, figured he could extract the drug from the poppy seeds.

June ami the brothers settled in the hot, steamy Ecuadorian jungle. With the help of Indian natives, they cleared and planted a few poppy patches, built a crude opium processing plant, and settled back to wait for the grim harvest.

According to June, the brothers soon began sampling their own product. Determined, she says, to break her sweetheart of the habit, she contacted the U.S. Narcotics Bureau and became an undercover .informant. Narcotics agents give a somewhat different account of this episode. They say June Cobb

found her lover's affections straying and, in a fit of jealousy, squealed on him..Whatever the truth may be, June flew to New York to work with an agent. The undercover man, disguised as an American racketeer with June's contacts in his little black book, set out to infiltrate the jungle dope ring. Through his work, the poppy patches were plowed under, the extraction plant destroyed, and the brothers arrested in Havana.

Decisive Speech

Meanwhile, June had discovered Fidel Castro. She came actoti a copy of the blazing tpeech tie had delivered when he wot tried for treaton by Batitta in 1953. She teat to impretted that the decided to translate the tpeech into English. Luis Contc Agucro, a Cuban journalist then close to Castro but now a bitter critic in exile, wrote a prologue and contributed to the printing cost. They took a phrase from Castro's speech for the title: History Will Absolve Me.

The first time Castro blew into New York with his scraggly claque, Aguero took June around to meet him. They found Fidel admiring a newspaper picture of himself poking an arm into the lion's cage at the Central Park Zoo. Aguero remarked that June had spent six months in the Amazon jungle. "Don't out

do me so!" blurted Castro, chuckling. For June Cobb, it was hero-worship at first sight.

Soon aftcrwairdSiCclia Sanchez, Castro's girl Friday, invited June:to come to Havana and handle: English translations for Cuba's new leader Recalls June "I arrived in Havana during the still rosy revolutionary glow of the summer of 1959.1 translated the new land .reform law into English, also a number of Fidel's speeches. Now I feel like reading some of his haunting lines back to him. Once, for example, he said: 'Be it a dictatorship, to the left or a dictatorship to the

right, a dictatorship is a dictatorship.'"

Along with' another- American, William Morgan, a happy-go-lucky daredevil with a irk Douglas grin and an itchy trigger-finger, June Cobb became a favorite of the budding dictator. Morgan had reason later to regret his devotion to Castro. He fought with Castro in the Sierra Ma'estre, stayed with him at the cost of his American.citizenship, then ended . up facing a firing squad.

• But in'those earlier rosy days, Morgan and June were the .only Americans with private offices on the sacrosanct 18th floor of Castro's headquarters. They were also the only foreigners to use the heavily guarded basement entrance and the private elevators.

June sat in on many top-level meetings with Castro, entranced and excited at being included in the councils creating a new and supposedly free: Cuba. At times, Castro would pop into her office, swaggering in his jungle-green uniform and slapping his pistol holster, as he poured out ideas as if addressing

not a girl but a mass audience. Once, after she had been hospitalized, he suggested that she could convalesce with him and Celia Sanchez at a special beach. "Or since you prefer the jungle," he added winsomcly, recalling her Amazon experience, "we have jungles, too."

Maximum Compliment

Another time, Fidel turned to his faithful aide, Capt. Jesus Yanes (later to be clapped in jail) and asked:-Why hasn't June boon given her citizenship?" Although said in jest, it was meant as a maximum compliment from the maximum leader. But trouble too* brewing in the new Ciilmn paradise.

Economic czar Ernesto "Che" Guevara, who detested "Yanquis" with a.Red passion, began to plot against Morgan'. He had an old grudge to settle with the American. During the fighting in the mountains, Guevara had sent Communist agitators into Morgan's sector to indoctrinate his troops. Morgan, no Communist, whatever else he was, kicked ' them out and fold them to stay out. . June heard whispers that Guevara was maneuvering against. Morgan, later, became aware that the secret police were also watching her, Once they actually arrested her, but no less personages than Fidel and Cclia protected

her. "June's as clear as a glass of Trim and literate, June Cobb row helps rebel cause in Guatemala by writing and arms running. water," Celia would say. The secret police would nod and withdraw. But finally, Fidel became cool and remote. He didn't come to see her; she couldn't get to sec him. The long faithful Capt. Yanes was seized, thrown in jail, and given a trial on trumped-up charges. June decided it was time for a trip to the United States. In September I960, June Cobb took her last ride dow.i Castro's exclusive elevator. A few weeks later, Morgan, the last surviving American in Castro's clique, was arrested, tried and shot. But June Cobb, girl soldier of fortune, was still in the game. Soon she made another revolutionary contact with Juan Jose Arevale, former left-wing President of Guatemala. She began an English translation of his book, The Shark and itte Sardines, which is caustically critical of the U. S. From Mexico she was soon working with Guatemalan revolutionaries. She helped them find equipment for guerilla fighting, personally bought them kits that could be used to carry ammunition. Then she saw them off at dusk as they slipped into the Guatemalan jungle to attempt another revolution. At this writing, they were still there. What makes June Cobb tick? Probably June henclf doesn't know. Adventiirc, like the opium and cocaine which started her on her career at a girl toldier of fortune, it a heady drug.

Edited by Linda Minor

• 2 weeks later...

In September I960, June Cobb took her last ridedow.i Castro's exclusive elevator. A few weeks later, Morgan, the lastsurviving American in Castro's clique, was arrested, tried and shot. But JuneCobb, girl soldier of fortune, was still in the game. Soon she made anotherrevolutionary contact with Juan Jose Arevale, former left-wing President ofGuatemala. She began an English translation of his book, The Shark and itteSardines, which is caustically critical of the U. S. From Mexico she was soon working with Guatemalan revolutionaries.

WC FBI Report: According to the records of the Dallas Public Library, 1954 Commerce Street, Dallas, LEEH. OSWALD withdrew a book entitled “The Shark and the Sardines” by Juan JoseArevalo. The book speaks out against the U.S. State Department dealings withthe people of South America during the twentiethcentury. (735 pp. 402, 403)

In September I960, June Cobb took her last ridedow.i Castro's exclusive elevator. A few weeks later, Morgan, the lastsurviving American in Castro's clique, was arrested, tried and shot. But JuneCobb, girl soldier of fortune, was still in the game. Soon she made anotherrevolutionary contact with Juan Jose Arevale, former left-wing President ofGuatemala. She began an English translation of his book, The Shark and itteSardines, which is caustically critical of the U. S. From Mexico she was soon working with Guatemalan revolutionaries.

WC FBI Report: According to the records of the Dallas Public Library, 1954 Commerce Street, Dallas, LEEH. OSWALD withdrew a book entitled "The Shark and the Sardines" by Juan JoseArevalo. The book speaks out against the U.S. State Department dealings withthe people of South America during the twentiethcentury. (735 pp. 402, 403)

• 2 years later...

According to the website, The Dallas Public Library's copy of the "The Shark and the Sardines," was, checked out to Lee Harvey Oswald, and his copy was "50 years overdue.* "

* http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/on-top-of-everything-else-oswald-had-an-overdue-library-book.html/

The websites story goes on the assumption that on November 22, 1963 it was overdue & had not been returned.. So, how did the Dallas Police miss this find, if it was checked out by him?

According to H.P. Albarelli's "A Secret Order........" in 1966 Albert Newman inquired to the Dallas Public Library's, Lillian Bradshaw, [who had been interviewed by the FBI in February 1964 regarding Oswald's use of the Dallas Public Library and Juan Jose Arrevola's book, translated by CIA asset June Cobb,] the book had been returned, although it was not indicated by whom. The website above may have not done their homework. I would certainly take Mr. Albarelli's information in his book over the former, but this is whole topic seems unexplored, as far as the book checked out to Oswald goes.........I also wonder if there could be a connection between Lillian Bradshaw and the Mr. Bradshaw whose copy of the Wall Street Journal was discovered in the possession of Jack Ruby after he shot Oswald, although that could be a reach.

Also see

https://books.google.com/books?id=SfoBBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT82&lpg=PT82&dq=a+secret+order+albarelli+The+Shark+%26+The+Sardines&source=bl&ots=tH_16PmIRH&sig=gabzmGCPqMdb5FoPHUrBvkNG9hg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xPT0VJetFYO-ggTlwYCgBw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=a%20secret%20order%20albarelli%20The%20Shark%20%26%20The%20Sardines&f=false

Edited by Robert Howard

According to the website, The Dallas Public Library's copy of the "The Shark and the Sardines," was, checked out to Lee Harvey Oswald, and his copy was "50 years overdue.* "

* http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/on-top-of-everything-else-oswald-had-an-overdue-library-book.html/

The websites story goes on the assumption that on November 22, 1963 it was overdue & had not been returned.. So, how did the Dallas Police miss this find, if it was checked out by him?

According to H.P. Albarelli's "A Secret Order........" in 1966 Albert Newman inquired to the Dallas Public Library's, Lillian Bradshaw, [who had been interviewed by the FBI in February 1964 regarding Oswald's use of the Dallas Public Library and Juan Jose Arrevola's book, translated by CIA asset June Cobb,] the book had been returned, although it was not indicated by whom. The website above may have not done their homework. I would certainly take Mr. Albarelli's information in his book over the former, but this is whole topic seems unexplored, as far as the book checked out to Oswald goes.........I also wonder if there could be a connection between Lillian Bradshaw and the Mr. Bradshaw whose copy of the Wall Street Journal was discovered in the possession of Jack Ruby after he shot Oswald, although that could be a reach.

Also see

https://books.google.com/books?id=SfoBBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT82&lpg=PT82&dq=a+secret+order+albarelli+The+Shark+%26+The+Sardines&source=bl&ots=tH_16PmIRH&sig=gabzmGCPqMdb5FoPHUrBvkNG9hg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xPT0VJetFYO-ggTlwYCgBw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=a%20secret%20order%20albarelli%20The%20Shark%20%26%20The%20Sardines&f=false

Interesting post.

Could it have been returned (by someone) and then stolen by a library patron or worker before it was returned to the stacks or before it was marked off "returned"?

What's the significance of the DPD's "missing" the fact that it hadn't been returned in late '63, or since, for that matter?

They wanted us to think that it had been returned (by someone)?

Maybe the book was returned by Oswald's buddy, Jack Ruby, before he shot Oswald!

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

When I try that link you posted, I get this message:

JFKcountercoup: Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Bill,

When I try that link you posted, I get this message:

JFKcountercoup: Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I got the same,I have copied the link to see if it works.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/phillip-shenons-cruel-and-shocking-act.html?m=1

It does work.

Edited by Malcolm Ward