The Education Forum

I have been having problems with the Forum for sometime now. When posting I sometimes get a "cannot find server" message. I then use the backspace and try again. This often works but sometimes I have to try a third time. However, when this happens, I find I have a double or treble post. The large amount of multi-posts we get on the Forum suggests that others are experiencing the same problem. I have had emails from other members who get this problem all the time and have given up trying to post messages. Please persevere. Use the back-space method and I will then delete the unwanted posts.

I have been having problems with the Forum for sometime now. When posting I sometimes get a "cannot find server" message.

This has certainly been the case this morning (UK time) and I am looking into it.

However this is the first time I have heard from anyone that this problem has occurred at any other time so the rest of your message is highly confusing and I would suggest more than a little misleading

However this is the first time I have heard from anyone that this problem has occurred at any other time so the rest of your message is highly confusing and I would suggest more than a little misleading

Well it is true. So is the fact that I have to spend time deleting member's double posts.

Well it is true. So is the fact that I have to spend time deleting member's double posts.

We experienced server problems this morning which are now rectified.

I cannot realistically comment on past problems of which I had no knowledge.

I check the forum dozens of times each day and have seen only the merest handful of double posts recently.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate ;)

Is this for emphasis or a case in point?

I am currently experiencing a minor and occassional problem with the forum.

When adding a new post to any thread the new message is not always appearing as the most recent post despite appearing on the thread.

Perhaps members could advise me whether thay have also experienced this so I can ascertain whether its my connection or a wider issue that needs further investigation?

When adding a new post to any thread the new message is not always appearing as the most recent post despite appearing on the thread.

Perhaps members could advise me whether thay have also experienced this so I can ascertain whether its my connection or a wider issue that needs further investigation?

This is happening to me as well. For example, it happened on the thread on "Graham Davies". The failure to post is also still a problem. It happens about 1 in 3 posts. I use the backspace and is usually posts second time round. However, sometimes, it posts it twice and I then have to delete one of the postings. Emails from Forum members suggests this is happening to others as well.

This is happening to me as well. For example, it happened on the thread on "Graham Davies". The failure to post is also still a problem. It happens about 1 in 3 posts. I use the backspace and is usually posts second time round. However, sometimes, it posts it twice and I then have to delete one of the postings. Emails from Forum members suggests this is happening to others as well.

OK

Give me a couple of hours and I'll try and get to the bottom of it

Further to these problems, could members please post links here to areas of the forum where they know duplicate posting has been a problem. (it doesn't matter if the du[plicate post has been deleted)

thanks

Further to these problems, could members please post links here to areas of the forum where they know duplicate posting has been a problem. (it doesn't matter if the du[plicate post has been deleted)

thanks

It has happened a lot in the JFK section. However, that might be because it is busier than other sections.

thanks

It has happened a lot in the JFK section. However, that might be because it is busier than other sections.

In order to investigate the database it would be helpful to have specific threads.

In order to investigate the database it would be helpful to have specific threads.

I will keep details in future. It was much better yesterday and only had trouble posting on the Ron Pataky thread at 10.55:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6437

and Thomas Webb thread at 11.17:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6436

You also mentioned that sometimes posts are not recorded in "recent postings". That happened yesterday when Pat Speer posted on this thread at 7.34:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5856