The Education Forum

Biography: Stan Hayes

Stan Hayes

A while back, well before writing this first of three books about the adventures of the reluctant rogue, Jack Mason, I quit college and took off for Pensacola to cast my lot with Naval Aviation. Saw a nice chunk of the world as a Naval Flight Officer with the Hurricane Hunters and the Military Air Transport Service. Never fired a shot in anger, but sniffed strong Commie spoor during the Cuban Crisis and in the ever-fragrant Congo. After that, the pesky last year of college, graduate school, a tad of corporate strife in New York, and a Big Apple bailout about half an hour before my liver morphed into a bookend. Now my battered skidlid hangs in Atlanta, GA, by the banks of the Chattahoochee, where I indulge the tendency to overrev my ol' Honda VFR, sail now and then, shoot a rapid or two and generally operate at the limit of public tolerance. If you're ordering, mine's an arid Stoli Gibson, up.

A while back, well before writing this first of three books about the adventures of the reluctant rogue, Jack Mason, I quit college and took off for Pensacola...

It seems that Stan Hayes is a distinguished author, who follows in the self-publishing tradition of Mark Twain and Thomas Paine. Hayes's work gets rave reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059524579...glance&n=283155

I plan to read Mr. Hayes's work, and I promise to advise the forum if Jack Mason compares well to Leopold Bloom.

It seems that Stan Hayes is a distinguished author, who follows in the self-publishing tradition of Mark Twain and Thomas Paine. Hayes's work gets rave reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059524579...glance&n=283155

I plan to read Mr. Hayes's work, and I promise to advise the forum if Jack Mason compares well to Leopold Bloom.

Mr. Carroll is too kind; in any case, old Jack will more likely call Buck Mulligan to mind...