The Education Forum

Louis Mortimer Bloomfield

Here here to that, John.

Your efforts in this regard are greatly appreciated, Maurice.

Some would argue that Louis Mortimer Bloomfield is a great example of how "political correctness," affects JFK research in our era. The members of this Forum do not have to be reminded of some examples of how this topic can not only inflame mass media, but in some situations members of the Forum, have a legitimate point in defending what some would call making a accusation that a particular ethnicity, religious group or country was "behind the JFK assassination."

Having said all that, the purpose of this post is to illustrate a few examples of areas that have not been adequately addressed, or, at least appear to not have been addressed with regards to the name Bloomfield in the context of the Kennedy Assassination.

In the original Warren Commission files, there is an interview with Martin Isaacs, who testified to his interaction with Lee Harvey Oswald after Lee and Marina had arrived in New York and in the words of Isaacs "I was told by our intake, I believe it was, that the family was in the Welfare Center. If I recollect correctly, I think the Travelers Aid Society sent them here. I am not positive about this." Isaacs later mentions that "At that point I called Mrs. Ruscoll and asked her if she knew who this Lee Oswald was. She said she was calling Miss Bloomfield, who is her--the field supervisor, and they said that--Mrs. Ruscoll said that she's pretty certain that this is the person that we had met and helped to return to Texas, and it was that--I think it was that telephone conversation that was responsible for her having the case record pulled the very next morning by our central office. Miss Bloomfield works out of central office, and she---the case was no longer there, and she gave it to the commissioner, as I remember it, and, of course, then I read it in the newspaper that the commissioner had given this record to the FBI."

The above segment could very well be a coincidence, of someone who happened to be named Bloomfield.

See

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol8/page324.php

But there is one aspect of the name Bloomfield cropping up in the original Warren Commission excluding any aspect of the controversial March 4, 6, 11-12, 1967 Paesa Sera newspaper articles.

However, as a point of reference, it was a Paesa Sera article which stated that "[...the Centro was a creature of the CIA...set up as a cover for the transfer of CIA...funds in Italy for illegal political- espionage activities. It still remains to clear up the presence on the administrative board of the CMC of Clay Shaw and ex-Major Bloomfield."] which arguably caused the maelstorm that ensued.

The argument can be made that it was not the truthfullness of the article's assertions that were attacked, but was the assertion that Paesa Sera was a "communist publication" which had everything to do with the article being discredited, leaving the Shaw/Bloomfield allegation a virtual non-factor regarding its significance, or insignificance.

The other area that has not been examined closely, if at all, concerns James Lawrence who is mentioned in a Warren Commission document as employed by Cross Country Development Company, a subsidiary of Bloomfield Builders. The document also mentions Dolores Neely, the secretary of Bloomfield Enterprises, connected with the New Orleans Import-Export Exchange at the International Trademart Building in New Orleans.

Neely was interviewed due to the fact she knew Johann Rush who was photographing Lee Harvey Oswald along with others, which wound up as being a highly important event, after the JFK assassination, due to it's relevance to Oswald's Marxist credentials.

Neely subsequently picked out photos displayed to her of......"someone named Ehara," who has been of course, subsequently identified as Junichi Ehara, along with John Alice and James Lawrence distributing literature.

See

WC Document 6 - FBI Warren De Brueys Report of Dec 8 1963 re: Oswald

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=422

After years of study, I have come to the conclusion that singling out a group or ethnicity as behind the killing of John F. Kennedy, is an oversimplification of an extremely complex event, at the same time, I would be untruthful if I viewed the lack accessibility to the Bloomfield archival papers as of no consequence. The Montreal connections alone, suffice as a justification for wanting these documents available. In the "Mary comments" sections at maryferrell.org, in the biographies section, the segment on Bloomfield Building Enterprises reads as follows:

BLOOMFIELD, BUILDING INDUSTRIES

Sources: CD 206 (216-18)

Mary's

Comments: (?) They own International Trade Mart in New Orleans (?). Document regarding James Lawrence and Dolores Neeley.

This appears to be a overlooked aspect of the whole Bloomfield affair, which needs to be dealt with as far as to what exactly the relationship was. As far as I know even Joan Mellen's most recent version of A Farewell to Justice, does not address this issue, although that is obviously not meant as a criticism of her. She does mention that Bloomfield was a "former O.S.S. member."

See

page 301, A Farewell to Justice, Potomac Books - First paperback Edition 2007

Edited by Robert Howard

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

Coincidental.....or ????

Page 11

COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES

Minutes of Meetings: Director of the World Wildlife Fund 1967-1971

http://mikan3.archives.ca/pam/public_mikan...2585562,2584310

Library and Archives Canada

Finding aid

Textual records Finding aid is a file list. MSS1016 90 (Electronic)

http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000000813.pdf

LOUIS M. BLOOMFIELD

Page 13

PERSONAL AND BUSINESS AFFAIRS

1 Bush, George (Sr.) - Correspondence 1976-1984

COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES

Page 15

17 15 World Wildlife Fund - Annual Report - News 1974-1978

17 16 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence (1 of 2) 1967

17 17 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence (2 of 2) 1967

17 18 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1967-1970

18 1 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1970-1971

18 2 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1972-1973

18 3 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1973-1976

18 4 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1976-1977

18 5 World Wildlife Fund - Correspondence 1977-1984

18 6 World Wildlife Fund - Meetings - Reports 1975-1976

18 7 World Wildlife Fund - Board of Directors - Meeting 1975...

Ironically, Bloomfield's widow who has so far blocked public access to Louis Bloomfield's personal archived records, is now named "Cartier", http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbloomfield.htm ....but that is not the primary reason to

look over Anton Rupert and the 1001 club, as the Washingotn Monthly article below, makes plain:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/01/19/anton-rup...facescan05.html

South African Magnate Anton Rupert Dies

Parmy Olson, 01.19.06, 10:10 AM ET

....From modest beginnings, and after a few false starts at building his business, Rupert built up a tobacco and industrial empire known as Rembrandt during South Africa's apartheid era. The tycoon eventually garnered a vast amount of wealth which propelled him and his family onto our billionaires list. His 54-year-old son Johann Rupert now heads the Swiss-based luxury products group Richemont, which includes the Cartier and Dunhill Brands. He is currently worth $2.3 billion.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Rupert

Dr. Anthony Edward Rupert (4 October 1916 – 18 January 2006) was an Afrikaner South African billionaire entrepreneur, businessman and conservationist. He was born and raised in the small town of Graaff-Reinet in the Eastern Cape. He studied in Pretoria and ultimately moved to Stellenbosch, where he established the Rembrandt Group [2] was formed and where it still has its headquarters. He died in his sleep at his home in Thibault Street, Stellenbosch at the age of 89, and is survived by a son Johann, a daughter Hanneli[3] and six grandchildren. His wife and his youngest son, Anthonij, pre-deceased him.

According to his biography, Rupert's business career spanned over sixty years. He started his global empire with a personal investment of just ₤10 in 1941 becoming named on the Forbes list of 500 wealthiest families worldwide. At the time of his death his assets were estimated at $1.7 billion....

...Involvement in Conservation

Rupert was a founding member of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) and it was in his role as the president of the organisation's South African branch that he took a lead in the creation of trans-frontier parks (also known as trans-frontier conservation areas (TFCAs) or "peace parks"), such as the Lubombo trans-frontier conservation area. He also established the 1001 Club: A Nature Trust in 1970 to fund the organization.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m131...25/ai_13786334/

At the Hand of Man: Peril and Hope for Africa's Wildlife. - book reviews

Washington Monthly, May, 1993 by Ann O'Hanlon

Raymond Bonner moved to east Africa in 1988 to write for The New Yorker, neatly in time to watch the 1989 global ban on ivory take effect. Enchanted by the continent's peoples and wildlife, Bonner explored the interplay of the two as they relate to wildlife conservation. He discovered that American wildlife organizations such as the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the African Wildlife Federation (AWF) pay scant attention to local peoples while establishing wildlife policy and distort facts when it is conducive to fundraising. The case in point is, of course, elephants and the argument for a total ban on ivory. Both WWF and AWF paid exaggerated attention to the case of the elephant (elephants have never been doomed to extinction; in fact, several countries had to stabilize their elephant populations well before the 1989 ban) once they discovered this was a fool-proof recipe for fundraising. Bonner himself was seduced into focusing on pachyderms, and he serves up some juicy reporting on the politics of elephants. However, if his topic is "Peril and Hope for Africa's Wildlife," as the subtitle promises, Bonnet falls short.

The ban on ivory, announced in 1989 at the initiation of WWF and AWF, was an abrupt reversal of both organizations' prior position of allowing the sale of some ivory. The wisdom of allowing ivory sales is at least threefold. First, elephant populations outgrow their habitat's support capacity and therefore must be kept from trampling the forest and farmland around them and dying of starvation. The tusks from these elephants, and from elephants who die natural deaths, should not go to waste. Second, putting a value on the elephants-outside of the western aesthetic value that many Africans don't have the luxury to share--is the best way to ensure that those peoples work for the survival of the species. Finally, the African people who cope with these dangers should be the people setting and implementing policy, both because it is their land and resource, and because their involvement is a fundamental precursor to caring for the survival of the species. No foreign government that pushed for the ban on ivory ever compensated local populations for their loss of income from ivory sales, nor included any Africans in policy making, an attitude Bonner refers to as "eco-colonialist."

Though Bonner is critical of a number of conservation organizations, he serves up a particularly thorough indictment of WWF. The organization provided the Zimbabwean Department of National Parks and Wildlife Management with a helicopter used to gun down poachers on sight, killing a total of at least 57 men. A lifelong conservationist working in Namibia described the average poacher as "an average, normal guy, a poor farmer who is trying to feed his family." There were in-house arguments at WWF over the project, but it later denied knowing how the helicopter was being used.

WWI's "1001 Club," a fundraising gimmick conceived by South African tobacco businessman and WWF boardmember Anton Rupert, is made up of 1,000 individuals who have given $10,000 to the WWF, the 1001st being Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, a former WWF president. The secret list of members includes a disproportionate percentage of South Africans, all too happy in an era of social banishment to be welcomed into a socially elite society. Other contributors include businessmen with suspect connections, including organized crime, environmentally destructive development, and corrupt African politics. Even an internal report called WWF's approach egocentric and neocolonialist. (The report was largely covered up.)

The neocolonialist charge gets at a number of uncomfortable truths. The United States and other western nations have helped create a demand for ivory--thus contributing directly to elephant poaching and the ivory trade--and supported many a politically corrupt African government that was tied to the ivory trade. Once it became politically or financially expedient for those who had hunted African wildlife to skip the hunt, they did so and asked the rest of the world to go along. Africans were not included in such decisions.

The Africa section of the U.S. office of WWF hired its first black professional in 1991, and WWFInternational has yet to hire a single black in its 30-year history. And, if it's possible to rate such overt racism, the African Wildlife Federation is worse due to its name and mission: In its 30 years, it has yet to have a single black on its board of trustees or in its Washington headquarters.

Sorely missing from At The Hand of Man is an analysis of why none of the successful small-scale efforts to control elephant populations has been attempted or even proposed at the national level in Africa. What are the hurdles that might obstruct such plans? Not one of the wildlife experts proposes a national or continent-wide strategy for keeping elephant populations in check while simultaneously respecting local cultures and allocating tourist dollars. Nor does Bonner, despite his criticism of the ivory ban. Such may not be a reporter's responsibility, but his omission both of alternative strategies and of obstacles prohibiting such strategies is frustrating. Bonner claims the western approach to African wildlife management is racism and nothing else. In fact, if racism disappeared tomorrow, Africa's wildlife woes would remain. Topics critical to wildlife management yet barely touched upon in the book--crippling population growth, political corruption, and unstable governments throughout the continent --are as African as elephants and daunting obstacles in the execution of complex policy. And they were, perhaps, factors in the decision to implement the more simplistic ban on ivory than a more complex policy that, no doubt, would have been fairer to the Africans. If Bonner had yielded to his obvious urge to write exclusively about elephants and the ivory trade, perhaps he would have addressed these issues. Instead, he paints a picture that is compelling but incomplete.

http://www.panda.org/how_you_can_help/dona...ige_membership/

The 1001: A Nature Trust is an endowment fund created in 1971 to provide WWF International a financial base to maintain a sustainably managed organization. The fund aims to engage influential members of society, instrumental in bringing about change in the world, in the conservation activities of WWF.

The idea for the fund came from Dr Anton Rupert, a founding member of WWF; HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands translated the idea into reality by inviting 1000 influential personalities from around the world to join him in investing in the endowment – hence the name The 1001: A Nature Trust was adopted.

A prestigious group of people

Members of The 1001: A Nature Trust represent a wide range of profiles. Whatever their personal, social or professional interests, lifetime members living in over 50 countries share the same concern for the environment and the same desire to support WWF’s efforts to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to leave their children a living planet...........

Google Books search results link,, search terms= Sadruddin WWF :

http://books.google.com/books?um=1&q=s...nG=Search+Books

Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan was a friend of GHW BUsh, and John Train.

Google Books search results link,, search terms= Prince Philip WWF :

http://books.google.com/books?um=1&q=p...=1&oi=spell

Google Books search results link,, search terms= Prince Bernhard WWF :

http://books.google.com/books?um=1&spe...nG=Search+Books

Google Books search results link,, search terms= Russell Train wwf

http://books.google.com/books?um=1&spe...nG=Search+Books

Russell Train was appointed by Nixon as EPA administrator. Russell Train is the son of John Train's father's first cousin.

Edited by Tom Scully

Tom Scully Post #17

Ironically, Bloomfield's widow who has so far blocked public access to Louis Bloomfield's personal archived records, is now named "Cartier", http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbloomfield.htm ....but that is not the primary reason to

look over Anton Rupert and the 1001 club, as the Washingotn Monthly article below, makes plain:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/01/19/anton-rup...facescan05.html

South African Magnate Anton Rupert Dies

Parmy Olson, 01.19.06, 10:10 AM ET

....From modest beginnings, and after a few false starts at building his business, Rupert built up a tobacco and industrial empire known as Rembrandt during South Africa's apartheid era. The tycoon eventually garnered a vast amount of wealth which propelled him and his family onto our billionaires list. His 54-year-old son Johann Rupert now heads the Swiss-based luxury products group Richemont, which includes the Cartier and Dunhill Brands. He is currently worth $2.3 billion.....

You realize, Tom, you are getting into the people behind Harken Energy?

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I would just like to bring to your attention that I have just posted a new entry about my attempts to gain access to the Bloomfield Archives in the Canadian National Archives.

Here is a link to have access to this blog: http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

I'm reproducing the beginning of this text just to give you a taste of it.

If anyone want to reproduce it all in this forum, feel free to do so.

========================

Sunday, April 11, 2010

REVELATIONS FROM THE BLOOMFIELD ARCHIVES:

PERMINDEX, BLOOMFIELD LINKED

TO FREEMASONS AND ROTHSCHILDS

PART ONE:

The Bloomfield Archives : Secret gold mine of historical information

Since four years, I have remained silent on this Blog. This absence was partly due to the exigencies of my professional occupations but mainly to the fact that I considered appropriate to refrain from publishing anything while I was taking legal action against Library and Archives Canada (LAC) to have access to the archives of the late Montreal attorney Louis Mortimer Bloomfield. At the time I filed a first review against LAC, I didn’t know that I’ll have to file a total of five different procedures and that this period of legal battle will be five years long.

Today, I consider that this silence can be broken not only for the reason that an important stage in those procedures is completed but also because they have gave results that I’m eager to share.

Claiming the gold mine: Five years of legal battle

I shall expose in more details in future posts the legal actions that took place around the Louis Bloomfield Archives. Some of you may be aware of the result of the first procedure I have introduced in Canada Federal Court in 2005. In this judicial review, Judge Simon Noël ruled that Louis M. Bloomfield clearly expressed his will to have his archives opened 20 years after his death and that this condition should be respected. Consequently, Justice Noël declared invalid LAC’s decision to extend for 25 years the restriction on those documents and ordered the National Archives to make a new decision taking in account the reason of his judgment. (Details of this case were reported in the press and can be read at : http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/st...k=23786&p=1 )

Following Justice Noël decision, the National Archivist, Ian E. Wilson, didn’t hurry at all to make his new decision. After six months of waiting, I registered a complaint for contempt of court against Mr Wilson and two LAC directors. This new procedure motivated him to move on and in July 2007 he finally announced his decision in which he applied a five years extension on the original restriction finishing in 2004.

This decision had the effect to open most of the archives in July 2009, with an important exception for files that may contain information protected by lawyer-client privilege. Those documents were to be closed for 50 years from the last date in the file where they were located. On this arbitrary procedure, LAC was keeping behind closed doors nearly 40% of the collection and particularly those pertaining to the Sixties, and for durations that may finish only in 2028.

Again, I did contest in Federal Court this decision and, after a first judge declared LAC’s new decision correct, I filed an appeal on this judgement before the Canadian Federal Court of Appeal. The audition on this case has been held in Montreal on March 22, 2010, and, a week later, on March 29, the three judges published their decision rejecting this appeal on some petty peculiar argument that I may expose in a future post.

However, even if I didn’t win this last appeal, all those legal procedures had three interesting results:

1) 60% of the Bloomfield archives were effectively released in July 2009;

2) An additional 15% of the Bloomfield papers, consisting of documents dating from year 1960, were opened on January 2010;

and

3) The remaining of the documents should be released by parts, in January of every year between 2011 and 2028.

(...)

Thank you Mr White,

I'm very found of congratulations coming from a true pionneer of the JFK assassination resarch. I think anybody that studied this subject was, in a way or an other, influenced by your work and is indebted to you.

Here is the text of the latest entry in my blog. I didn't reproduce the pictures, you can find everything at http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/2010/04/revelations-from-bloomfield-archives-2.html ://http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.c...rchives-2.html

==========================

REVELATIONS FROM THE BLOOMFIELD ARCHIVES (2)

PART TWO:

Louis Bloomfield: A very uncommon WWII soldier

Even if Montreal lawyer Louis Mortimer Bloomfield claimed in 1979 to have been confused with a "Major Blumenfield" of the CIA, and that he had no connection at all with intelligence, documents in the Bloomfield archives corroborate that his official biography, giving him as a simple major in the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps (RCASC), at the time of the Second World War, is hiding intelligence activities.

According to some sources, Louis Mortimer Bloomfield was an Office of Strategic Services (OSS) agent during WWII. Even if there is no solid evidence to this fact in the Canadian National archives, all the wartime letters and documents available shows that during this period, Bloomfield wasn’t a conventional RCASC Canadian Army Major.

First, while the RCASC was an army corps engaged on most of the battle fronts, particularly at Dieppe, in Hong Kong and in Sicily (see http://rcasc.org/rcasc_hist_breif.html for more details), lawyer Bloomfield, during all the conflict, was active in his Montreal law office, representing international clients trying to escape from the Nazis to relocate in America. Those included customers such as King Carol from Romania, Oscar Federer, manager of a Czechoslovakian iron plant controlled by the Rothschild, and Paul-Louis Weiller, a French aviation pioneer and industrialist fleeing France. That wasn’t exactly the common assignments of a RCASC Major or of any Canadian Army officer.

The archives contain two interesting documents casting doubt on Bloomfield’s official biography. The first one, is an August 20, 1943 introduction letter written in Spanish by the General Consul of Mexico in Montreal and requesting from “All Civilian and Military Authorities of the Mexico Republic” their attention and help toward Senior Bloomfield.

This letter clearly proves that Major Bloomfield, in addition to doing business from his Montreal office, was also working in Mexico during WWII, a country that wasn’t a usual destination for our Canadian militaries during the war. One year before this letter, on August 19, 1942, more then nine hundreds Canadians soldiers lost their lives on the beaches of Dieppe. Then, one year later, on June 6, 1944, hundreds of Canadian militaries were again sacrificed on Normandy’s beaches. But Canadian militaries on Mexico beaches, that’s really something unheard of.

Another document show that Major Bloomfield wasn’t a usual soldier and that his rank in the army was most likely a complaisance title and covertures. This paper is a letter dated June 13, 1961, in which the Canadian Department of National Defence informs Louis Bloomfield of his retirement date that occurred in August 1946, fifteen years before.

It is doubtful that any conventional army officer wouldn’t know his retirement date from military career. For some soldiers, the date of such an important life change is more memorable then their wedding's date. Furthermore, that an attorney didn’t knew the date when he was personally relieved of such important legal obligations as those of a soldier toward his country, is also incredible. In all likelihood, Bloomfield had no relation with the regular army, and without commiting desertion, just walk out of it. Fifteen years later, when he wanted to file his biography in Who's Who, he had to check with the Defence what was his official retirement date.

Since Bloomfield’s name was never mentioned in any books about the Office of Strategic Services and neither found in any OSS’ archives, it is doubtful that he was an intelligence “agent”. But obviously, he was acting as an attorney for the OSS and was granted his complimentary rank of Major by the Canadian Department of National Defence in order to fulfill his assignments that required knowledge of top secret files.

For intance, in 1979, Bloomfield wrote to the National Archives a letter praising the historical importance of his archives. In one paragraph, he revealed his knowledge of secret details of a bombing operation against a military target. He wrote: "There are also files dealing with Mr. Oscar Federer who was the Managing Director of the Witkowitze Steel Mill of Czechoslovakia (detailed information was furnished to the Allied Governments so that bombers could put the plant out of commission)".

This letter show that Mr Bloomfield had knowledge of secret operations that he could only have because he was in the intelligence circles.

Mr Bloomfield finished this letter by writing: "I have other documents of great historical significance".

It is truly a shame that Library and Archives Canada opposes the divulgation of such documents after their donator clearly expressed his will to see them public twenty years after his death, a period that is expired since five years. In view of the historical nature of the Bloomfield Archives, we have to wonder if LAC’s argument about the protection of lawyer-client privilege is sincere or is not only a false pretext.

(To be continued.)

Hi,

Here is the text of my third post about the information contained in the Bloomfield Archives at Library and Archives Canada.

As you can see from this picture, the Bloomfield papers contain surprising documents. This is an extract of a Louis M. Bloomfield letter revealing that George Mantello, the head of Permindex, was a 33rd degree Freemason

Mantello%20Freemason%20600324%20(2).JPG

More on the Blog at: http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/2010...archives-3.htmlVisit My Website

=====================================

REVELATIONS FROM THE BLOOMFIELD ARCHIVES (3)

PART THREE:

The Permindex’s Genius :

a 33rd degree Freemason

The Bloomfield Archives are not only shedding new light on Louis Bloomfield activities during the Second World War, they are containing unpublished information on his relation to many post-war historical events. After all that was wrote on Louis M. Bloomfield and Permindex, and their possible link to the JFK assassination, the archives, for the first time in 40 years, bring solid, valid new information on Bloomfield’s activities, not only in relation to Permindex but also to various other historical subjects, such as the Rothschild family and opening of relations with Communist China.

For everybody interested in the JFK assassination, the information concerning Permindex are the more interesting of all. As you may know, Permindex (a contraction for Permanent Industrial Exhibition) was a subsidiary of the Centro Mondiale Commerciale (CMC), a company that had on his board of directors Louis Bloomfield and none other then Clay Shaw, the New Orleans businessman put on trial by Attorney Jim Garrison for conspiracy against President John F. Kennedy. This indictment was the subject of Oliver Stone’s film JFK.

Since 1968, Louis Bloomfield’s relation with Clay Shaw, through Permindex and CMC, was reported first in newspapers, then in books and now on the Internet. More then anything else, the fact that those Italian companies were considered as fronts for the CIA bring many to identify Bloomfield as Shaw’s co-conspirator. Furthermore, since Bloomfield was registered as Permindex’s main shareholder many saw him as the head of this shadowy corporation and, therefore, as the chief engineer of the JFK assassination.

A Freemason Genius

Whatever was Permindex connection with the JFK assassination in 1963, Bloomfield’s documents dating from years 1959 and 1960 show that, at their beginning, CMC and Permindex were trying to capitalize from the real estate boom provoked by the 1960 Olympics held in Rome.

Those documents expose that, at that time, Louis Bloomfield was acting more as private banker than as lawyer and was trying to interest investors in the Permindex real estate speculation. But while he was doing that from Canada, the real head of the company wasn’t Bloomfield, but a man with connections to the Savoy Italian Royal family, that after World War II was expelled from Italy.

Correspondences exchanged between Bloomfield and various potential investors show that Permindex’s Italian director, George Mantello, was the real head of the corporation, or to quote a Bloomfield’s letters from March 24, 1960: “the guiding genius in this whole operation”.

An historic figure, Mantello, A.K.A. George Mandel, was a Romanian Jew who during World War II worked for the Salvadorian consulate in Geneva and opposed Nazi deportation of Jews by furnishing them false immigration papers. Mantello is also credited for having made public, in1944, the Auschwitz Protocol, the first reliable report on the operation of the concentration camp.

Mantello’s role in Permindex was known since the Sixties. But what was unknown before now is his connection to Italian Freemasonry. This revelation is found in the same March 24, 1960 letter where Louis Bloomfield wrote that George Mantello was a Freemason of the 33rd degree, the highest rank of this secret society.

Bloomfield, in order to reassure an investor on the profitability of the Permindex real estate deal, explained why Mantello was able to buy some land from the exiled Savoy Italian Royal Family for a price that was “dirt cheap”. As Bloomfield explained: “(this) price was obtained through a curiously personal and exceptional situation between Mantello and the Royal Family, (inter alia, (a) he financed the Queen Mother in Switzerland during their entire stay when they were completely penniless; (:blink: he organized and financed the expedition which rescued Count Calvi, the King’s brother-in-law, just prior to his scheduled execution; and © he is a 33rd Degree Mason with the closest connections in the highest aristocratic circles.”

What is the meaning of such a connexion between Permindex, a suspected CIA front, and Freemasonry is still a matter of discussion. Some, who consider Masons as a social club will see nothing of interest in this fact. Others who know that CIA is full of members of Skull & Bones, a secret society of Masonic type, will find this revelation most significant. And the few that believe that President Abraham Lincoln assassination was the result of a conspiracy involving Confederate Albert Pike, a 33rd degree Freemason related to the Italian masonry, will be amazed to see that history seems to repeat itself.

Whatever is our evaluation of this revelation, the fact is that, for the first time in more then 40 years, the Bloomfield Archives reveal a documented connection between Permindex and Italian Freemasonry, and not an insignificant one since what we do learn from this document is that the “genius” behind Permindex was a Freemason of the highest possible rank.

The March 24, 1960 letter containing this exclusive revelation is enclosed in one of two bonded books containing copy of Louis Bloomfield 1960 outgoing correspondence. This letter and many others detailed how the Permindex real estate deal was built in a complex fashion involving other corporations such as CMC, and Marina Reale, a Panama front.

On pretext that some individual letters in those books may possibly contain privileged lawyer-client information, Library and Archives Canada (LAC) is holding from the public the entire letters books dating from year 1961 and more. By this abusive procedure, LAC is keeping secret hundreds of Bloomfield letters related to Permindex and dated from the crucial years 1961 to 1964.

It is quite possible that this LAC course of action was due to some low level decisions from civil servants ignorant of the true historical significance of the Bloomfield Archives. I do hope that LAC’s direction now understand the importance of those documents and will take the decision to make them available. By doing so LAC will not only respect the right of the public to access this historical information, but also the will of its donator, Louis M. Bloomfield, that LAC is knowingly disrespecting.

(To be continued.)

chinanow%20(2).JPG

Here is the text of my last entry about the Bloomfield Archives.

You can find it with all the pictures at:

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

=======================================

REVELATIONS FROM THE BLOOMFIELD ARCHIVES (4)

PART FOUR:

Louis M. Bloomfield and the Rothschilds

Even if the information pertaining to Permindex are of the highest interest, the Bloomfield Archives are full of other gems. One of the most precious that I would like to briefly expose concerns Louis Bloomfield’s relation to the Rothschilds.

There are in the Bloomfield papers many documents showing that Louis M. Bloomfield was acting as attorney for the Rothschild family, and particularly for Baron Edmund de Rothschild.

According to the archives, this relation with the Rothschilds was dating back to the Second World War at a time when Bloomfield had for client Oscar Federer, the manager of the Vitkovice Mining and Iron Corporation of Czechoslovakia, an industrial complex held by the Rothschilds. Vitkovice was at the time the most important steel plant of Central Europe. After Lionel Rothschild was arrested by the Nazis, both Goering and Himmler tried to gain control of the company in exchange of Lionel’s liberation. (For more on Vitkovice see: http://www.rothschildarchive.org/ib/?doc=/...icles/vitkovice )

Years after the War, Bloomfield was still an important attorney for the family, particularly for Baron Edmund. For instance in 1959, the Montreal lawyer was responsable for incorporating in Canada a major Rothschild company: Tri Continental Pipe Line Ltd, a corporation that was granted by Israel 49 years exclusivity on the use of a 16-inch pipeline between the Red Sea and Haifa port on the Mediterranean sea. Through the Canadian corporation, Tri Continental Pipe Line was able to save taxes that would have otherwise been paid to the State of Israel.

Interestingly enough, an April 29th, 1960 Bloomfield’s letter show that the Montreal lawyer was not only a business attorney of the Rothschilds, but was also a shareholder of Tri Continental Pipe Line. The letter lists the 15 shareholders of the new corporation, and Bloomfield’s name came second right after Baron Edmund’s.

Since 1968, since the first mention of Louis Mortimer Bloomfield’s name as a Clay Shaw’s associate, bits of information and tons of speculation have been published about him. But to this day, the fact that Bloomfield was related to the Rothschilds was unknown from the public.

This shows how much the information hold by Library and Archives Canada are exceptional. For the first time, the papers in the Louis M Bloomfield Archives give a documented description of this outstanding man and of the complex secret universe he was functioning in.

Was Bloomfield really the head of Permindex?

The documents that Louis Bloomfield donated to the National Archives are of incomparable value not only because of their international historical quality, but also for the reason that, on a national and a personal perspective, they have the potential to repair part of the damage done by decade of speculation to the reputation of Louis M. Bloomfield, a Canadian that played an important unknown role in world's affairs.

As I will expose in more details in some future posts, documents in the Bloomfield Archives clearly show that, far from being the supreme head of Permindex, Louis M. Bloomfield exchanged harsh correspondences with Freemason Georges Mantello, the “genius” behind Permindex, at times when Georges and his son Enrico Mantello weren’t acting in the best interest of Bloomfield’s clients.

For instance, in the following letter to Georges Mantello, the Freemason “genius” behind Permindex, Louis Bloomfield confronts him directly by asking : “Have you no regards or respect for my feelings in the matter, or when you make promise to me, do they mean nothing?” Bloomfield also specified: “I am finished unless you make a deal now with the Banca del Lavoro as you have promised me they will do.”

Reading this letter brings one to doubt about the easy conclusion adopted by many writers and describing Louis M. Bloomfield as engineer of the JFK assassination, that mainly based on the fact that he held the majority of Permindex stocks. Together, the numerous 1960’s letters show that, at that time, those stocks were sold by Georges Mantello as participation in a real estate scheme and that stockholders, far from being bosses of Permindex, may as well have been its victims.

The Bloomfield Archives documents contemporaneous to the JFK assassination should be able to substantiate the true story behind Permindex. According to Library and Archives Canada’s decision, those documents will only be released when they will reach 50 years of age, even if Louis Bloomfield donate them on condition to make them public 20 years after his death, that occurred in 1984. LAC’s disregard for its donator’s will makes one wonder if Mr Bloomfield wouldn’t write the exacts same words to the Chief Archivist as those he wrote Mantello: “Have you no regards or respect for my feelings in the matter, or when you make promise to me, do they mean nothing?”

If LAC doesn’t change its mind, it is not before 2014 that the documents concerning Permindex’s activities at the time of the JFK assassination should be available. And other important documents may remain secret up to 2028. And remember, one of the most interesting documents of the fonds is a 1979 letter that Bloomfield wrote to a Washington lawyer in order to complain about being unjustly identify as a CIA agent. In this letter, Bloomfield expressed his belief that he may have been confused with a “Major L. Blumenfield who I was informed was an Attaché to the American Embassy in Rome.” If LAC doesn’t review its position, we won’t have access before 2028 to the other documents that may complete this piece of information.

By staying on its position, LAC is hiding the truth on one of the most important Canadian international lawyer of the Twentieth Century, a man who played many unknown roles in international politics. For instance, documents in the Bloomfield Archives shows that in 1966, years before Kissinger and Nixon, Bloomfield was a forerunner of open trade with Communist China, to the point of putting all his prestige behind this cause and his picture on some very peculiar flyers such as this one:

Other documents reveal that Bloomfield met Georges Bush Sr in China while the future US president was Chief of the United States Liaison Office in Peking between September 1974 and December 1975, at a time when the U.S. hadn’t yet established diplomatic relations with Red China. In January 1976, one month after its return from China, Bush was promoted Director of Central Intelligence. All the Bloomfield correspondence from those years will be kept secret until they reach 50 years of age.

It is truly a shame that a governmental institution like LAC, without any true obligation, take the initiative to hide --from the international public-- historical documents that their donator wanted to make public. LAC’s pretext concerning the protection of lawyer-client privilege and its abusive use of it to hide whole group of hundreds of documents without proper examination, seems to lack sincerity and consideration for both donator Bloomfield and the public.

Maurice - do you have a contact, email address, snail mail, etc. that you could provide should members have a mind to assist you in your protest?

I'm somewhat amazed by your single-handed torch carrying - I don't know that I can speak for members of this forum, but I would be glad to write someone someplace about it if it would be of assistance to you. From the general look and feel - someone has already rifled through the cards and stacked the deck - but you never know when someone fails to identify a wild card.

Bravo for all of your efforts from my perspective. You're certainly rubbing salt in the devils eyes.

- lee

Maurice - do you have a contact, email address, snail mail, etc. that you could provide should members have a mind to assist you in your protest?

I'm somewhat amazed by your single-handed torch carrying - I don't know that I can speak for members of this forum, but I would be glad to write someone someplace about it if it would be of assistance to you. From the general look and feel - someone has already rifled through the cards and stacked the deck - but you never know when someone fails to identify a wild card.

Bravo for all of your efforts from my perspective. You're certainly rubbing salt in the devils eyes.

- lee

Thanks Lee,

If anybody want to reach Library and Archives Canada (LAC) to inquire or comment about the matter, the general contact information can be found at:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/contact/index-e.html

I'm sure that LAC will take good note of any comment from researcher living out of Canada. I do have the email addresses of many of LAC's directors, but it will be unfair to make them public and to provoke any kind of harassment to this people.

Somehow, even if I totally disagree with LAC's position, I keep hope that this institution may understand that its decision of keeping part of the Bloomfield Archives closed is a bad one. Furthermore if scholars from out of Canada express their point of view.

At the origin, the decision was to keep everything close for at least 25 more years, and LAC finally open a good part of the archives. I had to fight in Court for that, but if LAC would have like to take stay on its position, I believe it could have take another worse decision that the court would have accepted.

I'm also encouraged by this comment I have received on my blog:

===================================================================

You're getting quite a following here at LAC. Many employees check your blog daily.

There are a bunch of JFK conspiracy buff's here and we discuss the on goings of your struggle.

Good luck and keep at it. We're here to help if you need any.

===================================================================

This is a very interesting thread.

What do you know about Penn Jones/Robert Copeland (Torbitt Document) comments

about Bloomfield?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have read and analyzed "Nomenclature" before writng my book "De Dallas à Montreal" in 1996. In this book, I pointed to a relation between the JFK assassination and the Rivard affair involving Lucien Rivard a Jos Bonanno and Paul Mondolini associate.

The fact that Torbitt/Copeland anonymous informers said that Bloomfield was engineering JFK assassination with Jos Bonanno was one of the first information that arouse my curiosity toward Lucien Rivard. Rivard was a Jack Ruby associate and HSCA considered that Rivard was one of the Castro prisoners for whom Ruby traveled to Cuba.

You can read more about that at: http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/search?q=rivard

This is a very interesting thread.

What do you know about Penn Jones/Robert Copeland (Torbitt Document) comments

about Bloomfield?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have read and analyzed "Nomenclature" before writng my book "De Dallas à Montreal" in 1996. In this book, I pointed to a relation between the JFK assassination and the Rivard affair involving Lucien Rivard a Jos Bonanno and Paul Mondolini associate.

The fact that Torbitt/Copeland anonymous informers said that Bloomfield was engineering JFK assassination with Jos Bonanno was one of the first information that arouse my curiosity toward Lucien Rivard. Rivard was a Jack Ruby associate and HSCA considered that Rivard was one of the Castro prisoners for whom Ruby traveled to Cuba.

You can read more about that at: http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/search?q=rivard

Louis Mortimer Bloomfield co authored an assassination manual :Crimes against Protected Persons: Prevention and Punishment. The book is available at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Crimes-Against-Inter...s/dp/0275053504

Louis Mortimer Bloomfield co authored an assassination manual :Crimes against Protected Persons: Prevention and Punishment. The book is available at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Crimes-Against-Inter...s/dp/0275053504

In reality as the book’s title, especially its full title makes clear, Crimes Against Internationally Protected Persons: Prevention and Punishment - An Analysis of the UN Convention, it is really something far more mundane, an analysis of the UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Crimes against Internationally Protected Persons. Even the site JFK Montreal which classifies Bloomfield as “the Assassination Engineer” described the book as one of “at least three books on international law” authored by Bloomfield. It was cited by about 50 books on Google Books, mostly ones about law or international affairs.

http://www.jfkmontreal.com/bloomfield.htm

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&q=...N.Convention%22

Edited by Len Colby

chinanow%20(2).JPG

Here is the text of my last entry about the Bloomfield Archives.

You can find it with all the pictures at:

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

=======================================

REVELATIONS FROM THE BLOOMFIELD ARCHIVES (4)

PART FOUR:

Louis M. Bloomfield and the Rothschilds

Even if the information pertaining to Permindex are of the highest interest, the Bloomfield Archives are full of other gems. One of the most precious that I would like to briefly expose concerns Louis Bloomfield’s relation to the Rothschilds.

There are in the Bloomfield papers many documents showing that Louis M. Bloomfield was acting as attorney for the Rothschild family, and particularly for Baron Edmund de Rothschild.

According to the archives, this relation with the Rothschilds was dating back to the Second World War at a time when Bloomfield had for client Oscar Federer, the manager of the Vitkovice Mining and Iron Corporation of Czechoslovakia, an industrial complex held by the Rothschilds. Vitkovice was at the time the most important steel plant of Central Europe. After Lionel Rothschild was arrested by the Nazis, both Goering and Himmler tried to gain control of the company in exchange of Lionel’s liberation. (For more on Vitkovice see: http://www.rothschildarchive.org/ib/?doc=/...icles/vitkovice )

Years after the War, Bloomfield was still an important attorney for the family, particularly for Baron Edmund. For instance in 1959, the Montreal lawyer was responsable for incorporating in Canada a major Rothschild company: Tri Continental Pipe Line Ltd, a corporation that was granted by Israel 49 years exclusivity on the use of a 16-inch pipeline between the Red Sea and Haifa port on the Mediterranean sea. Through the Canadian corporation, Tri Continental Pipe Line was able to save taxes that would have otherwise been paid to the State of Israel.

Interestingly enough, an April 29th, 1960 Bloomfield’s letter show that the Montreal lawyer was not only a business attorney of the Rothschilds, but was also a shareholder of Tri Continental Pipe Line. The letter lists the 15 shareholders of the new corporation, and Bloomfield’s name came second right after Baron Edmund’s.

Since 1968, since the first mention of Louis Mortimer Bloomfield’s name as a Clay Shaw’s associate, bits of information and tons of speculation have been published about him. But to this day, the fact that Bloomfield was related to the Rothschilds was unknown from the public.

This shows how much the information hold by Library and Archives Canada are exceptional. For the first time, the papers in the Louis M Bloomfield Archives give a documented description of this outstanding man and of the complex secret universe he was functioning in.

Was Bloomfield really the head of Permindex?

The documents that Louis Bloomfield donated to the National Archives are of incomparable value not only because of their international historical quality, but also for the reason that, on a national and a personal perspective, they have the potential to repair part of the damage done by decade of speculation to the reputation of Louis M. Bloomfield, a Canadian that played an important unknown role in world's affairs.

As I will expose in more details in some future posts, documents in the Bloomfield Archives clearly show that, far from being the supreme head of Permindex, Louis M. Bloomfield exchanged harsh correspondences with Freemason Georges Mantello, the “genius” behind Permindex, at times when Georges and his son Enrico Mantello weren’t acting in the best interest of Bloomfield’s clients.

For instance, in the following letter to Georges Mantello, the Freemason “genius” behind Permindex, Louis Bloomfield confronts him directly by asking : “Have you no regards or respect for my feelings in the matter, or when you make promise to me, do they mean nothing?” Bloomfield also specified: “I am finished unless you make a deal now with the Banca del Lavoro as you have promised me they will do.”

Reading this letter brings one to doubt about the easy conclusion adopted by many writers and describing Louis M. Bloomfield as engineer of the JFK assassination, that mainly based on the fact that he held the majority of Permindex stocks. Together, the numerous 1960’s letters show that, at that time, those stocks were sold by Georges Mantello as participation in a real estate scheme and that stockholders, far from being bosses of Permindex, may as well have been its victims.

The Bloomfield Archives documents contemporaneous to the JFK assassination should be able to substantiate the true story behind Permindex. According to Library and Archives Canada’s decision, those documents will only be released when they will reach 50 years of age, even if Louis Bloomfield donate them on condition to make them public 20 years after his death, that occurred in 1984. LAC’s disregard for its donator’s will makes one wonder if Mr Bloomfield wouldn’t write the exacts same words to the Chief Archivist as those he wrote Mantello: “Have you no regards or respect for my feelings in the matter, or when you make promise to me, do they mean nothing?”

If LAC doesn’t change its mind, it is not before 2014 that the documents concerning Permindex’s activities at the time of the JFK assassination should be available. And other important documents may remain secret up to 2028. And remember, one of the most interesting documents of the fonds is a 1979 letter that Bloomfield wrote to a Washington lawyer in order to complain about being unjustly identify as a CIA agent. In this letter, Bloomfield expressed his belief that he may have been confused with a “Major L. Blumenfield who I was informed was an Attaché to the American Embassy in Rome.” If LAC doesn’t review its position, we won’t have access before 2028 to the other documents that may complete this piece of information.

By staying on its position, LAC is hiding the truth on one of the most important Canadian international lawyer of the Twentieth Century, a man who played many unknown roles in international politics. For instance, documents in the Bloomfield Archives shows that in 1966, years before Kissinger and Nixon, Bloomfield was a forerunner of open trade with Communist China, to the point of putting all his prestige behind this cause and his picture on some very peculiar flyers such as this one:

Other documents reveal that Bloomfield met Georges Bush Sr in China while the future US president was Chief of the United States Liaison Office in Peking between September 1974 and December 1975, at a time when the U.S. hadn’t yet established diplomatic relations with Red China. In January 1976, one month after its return from China, Bush was promoted Director of Central Intelligence. All the Bloomfield correspondence from those years will be kept secret until they reach 50 years of age.

It is truly a shame that a governmental institution like LAC, without any true obligation, take the initiative to hide --from the international public-- historical documents that their donator wanted to make public. LAC’s pretext concerning the protection of lawyer-client privilege and its abusive use of it to hide whole group of hundreds of documents without proper examination, seems to lack sincerity and consideration for both donator Bloomfield and the public.

Maurice,

In his May 1960 letter to Georges Mantello in the fourth paragraph he references a "Chessler"

"Chessler is not interested in going into Permindex".

Could this be a mispelling/error?

Could L. M. Bloomfield be refering to the notorious"Lou Chesler"?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...92461-1,00.html